|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Dynamic Gold Stiff Flex S300 High Launch Steel Shafts

Ok im looking to purchase new titleist Ap1 irons but most I find on ebay have Dynamic Gold Stiff Flex S300 High Launch Steel Shafts. My current shafts are Dynamic Gold S300 w/ sensicore. I hit my 5iron about 190. 8 or 9 iron for a 150 shot. I beleive my swing is pretty steep naturally and i launch the ball high as it is. I usually stick most shots on the green. I was wondering if the high launch shafts will rob me of distance seeing how i already hit them high?

Quote Originally Posted by norndorf
    Ok im looking to purchase new titleist Ap1 irons but most I find on ebay have Dynamic Gold Stiff Flex S300 High Launch Steel Shafts. My current shafts are Dynamic Gold S300 w/ sensicore. I hit my 5iron about 190. 8 or 9 iron for a 150 shot. I beleive my swing is pretty steep naturally and i launch the ball high as it is. I usually stick most shots on the green. I was wondering if the high launch shafts will rob me of distance seeing how i already hit them high?
    Hi

I am not a Lyle G (RIP) but i have the AP1 with R300 HL DG shafts

I have to say that i have not noticed any difference between the HL and normal DG R300 shafts and i hit the ball as the same distance as you. I play a reg as i hit a low ball and like a high flight.

Doubt you would see a great deal of difference between S300 and S300 HL if my experience is anything to go by.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

daveperk Guest
    HL is probably a code word for 'soft tip'. Not sure how much softer, 'more active', however they want to say it. But I understand that higher launch goes with 'more active', that is, more flexing, tip.

It makes a big difference on the driver but on irons it's probably a difference of small degree, and would be unnoticeable for most people. Iron shafts just don't flex as much as driver shafts and all the science of it just makes less of a difference. IF the shaft is stiff enough for you, it's stiff enough. If not, you'll know.High launchers with tons of spin that go nowhere, as well as pulls and clunk misses, can clue you in the shaft is too 'tip active'.

thanks for the advice. anyone else have any experience?

I know someone at my club that had S300's in his 704.CB's he switched to S300 HL and found little to no difference....
    Taylormade r7 425 10.5* S 65g RE*AX
    Taylormade r7 st 15* S 70g RE*AX
    Titleist 735.CM 3-PW S300
    Taylormade TP Satin 52.08
    Taylormade TP Satin 56.12
    Titleist Vokey SM60.08
    Odyssey White Hot XG #9 33"
    (Left Handed)

Thread Information