|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

How far can you hit your 60 degree wedge?

When I really get into one I can crush it about 100 yards.

Wow! That is incredible. You must be an awesome golfer.

How short can you hit a full swing open faced 60* wedge? That's the real question I'm dying to know.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul

How short can you hit a full swing open faced 60* wedge? That's the real question I'm dying to know.

Thanks for your compliments.

I've been known to graze my chin with some of my super lob shots. I'll open her all the way up and some times the ball goes right back into the same spot it was before I hit it.

Chin huh. You should try to keep your chin down. I read an article in Golf Digest, think it was by bedwetter, that said if you keep your chin tucked down you can increase your turn. They claim you can add up to 50 yards on your drive with this technique. I bet they hadn't considered the benefit of the chin tuck with regards to the super flop. I'll have to try it today at my crowded muni practice green.

Personally I've had problems with my right nostril getting in the way. The only thing that kept it from getting lodged up there was the incredible spin I can produce with the Mack Daddy grooves. Long live Phil!

The worst part about these near perfect shots is the two stroke penalty. Talk about insult to injury! Rock on Wiggy!

Chin huh. You should try to keep your chin down. I read an article in Golf Digest, think it was by bedwetter, that said if you keep your chin tucked down you can increase your turn. They claim you can add up to 50 yards on your drive with this technique. I bet they hadn't considered the benefit of the chin tuck with regards to the super flop. I'll have to try it today at my crowded muni practice green.

Personally I've had problems with my right nostril getting in the way. The only thing that kept it from getting lodged up there was the incredible spin I can produce with the Mack Daddy grooves. Long live Phil!

The worst part about these near perfect shots is the two stroke penalty. Talk about insult to injury! Rock on Wiggy!
    The noobs on the practice green are always caught off guard when I start taking big swings with my lob wedge. Not sure what the big deal is. I usually don't skull it.

How about well over 100 yards

Actually I have no problem hitting my 60* well over 100 yards. Unfortunately it's when I'm trying to hit it 50 yards and I blade it. I would imagine if it were purely a contest to hit that club as far as you can, one would practice purposefully blading it. But what would be the point?

No way on the skull but there's nothing like airmailing a full swing lob shot 40 yards across a crowded practice green to clear the pu$$ies off. I like to pick different targets too. Playing to the same target isn't real practice and it keeps the natives moving around the green. I'll also vary the trajectory on my super lob shots. Some i'll throw way up there and others just 30 or 40 feet high. Just remember to fix your ball marks, some super's get pissed if you don't.

Poe mate

John Cleese once famously said that "the Americans have no sense of irony" For the record i FULLY appreciated the irony/sarcasm of this and your other reply, although plainly Wiggy did not.

I would like to offer you honoury English citizenship to recognise these replys.

For the record i can only hit my Lovett Wedge 70 yards max and its 59*. But then i am a weak and worthless Brit he he

I lay prostrate in front of your magnificence

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Thanks Edgey,
    On a completely different but similar subject. My wife has no sense of humor but her company hired John Cleese as their Key Note speaker a couple of years ago. God it killed me to hear her try to explain his speech.

What I want to know is 'Mr 3 Wiggle' related to that other poster from last week '3 Wiggle'? And are both of them related to ProStatus/Strokeguru.

Or ... (drum roll).... is it SPANK?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thanks Edgey,
    On a completely different but similar subject. My wife has no sense of humor but her company hired John Cleese as their Key Note speaker a couple of years ago. God it killed me to hear her try to explain his speech.
    Are you serious? F*ck that is hilarious!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    What I want to know is 'Mr 3 Wiggle' related to that other poster from last week '3 Wiggle'? And are both of them related to ProStatus/Strokeguru.

Or ... (drum roll).... is it SPANK?
    F*uck me kiwi, i was sat here thinking EXACTLY the same thing.

Check out the thread http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=11077. i suggested to him that stroke guru was spank, as a little bit of a trap and sure enough check the reply. Could even be prostatus/strokeguru/spank or even..............................say his name with reverence TEESEE

Edgey

PS.Did you see my calf picture ;-)
    Last edited by edgey; 10-21-2008 at 11:14 AM.
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    F*uck me kiwi, i was sat here thinking EXACTLY the same thing.

Did you see my calf picture ;-)

edgey
    Yes and you got me. I'll have to PM Spank himself as I have no adequate comeback!

A photo of a lamb might work I suppose since I am from the land of sheep shaggers? But it would be getting a bit off topic.

Now where the f#ck am I?

No way on the skull but there's nothing like airmailing a full swing lob shot 40 yards across a crowded practice green to clear the pu$$ies off. I like to pick different targets too. Playing to the same target isn't real practice and it keeps the natives moving around the green. I'll also vary the trajectory on my super lob shots. Some i'll throw way up there and others just 30 or 40 feet high. Just remember to fix your ball marks, some super's get pissed if you don't.
    Gotta change up the targets. Nothing better than dropping in a high lob shot on a guy who is practicing his 4 footers. The way I see it...when I walk up to that practice green...it's mine...if people are jealous of my lob shot skills then they should find somewhere else to practice.

Wedge Shot

70 yards max on the lob wedge (properly struck)

Quote Originally Posted by Terpman
    70 yards max on the lob wedge (properly struck)
    You can sqeeze some extra yardage out of it if you play it way back in your stance.

Do you lose height when you do that? What is the proper alignmnt for a lob wedge from a normal fairway lie? is it one ball width back? How far back (inside the right foot?) do you play the ball to get some extra yardage?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpman
    Do you lose height when you do that? What is the proper alignmnt for a lob wedge from a normal fairway lie? is it one ball width back? How far back (inside the right foot?) do you play the ball to get some extra yardage?
    Yeah the height is less but the distance is more. Typically I'll play the ball off my right big toe for the desired results. Flies about the height of a well struck 3 iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3 Wiggle
    Yeah the height is less but the distance is more. Typically I'll play the ball off my right big toe for the desired results. Flies about the height of a well struck 3 iron.
    PML

This reply is worthy of Spank/Pro Status/Stroke Guru themselves.

Wiggy, you are a legend and i have already grown to love your wild, proposterous and frankly ridiculous comments.

I salute you, whoever you are

edgey

I hit mine a good 150 yards yesterday when I bladed it. Gave the people at the next tee a lovely surprise. Luckily, it went clear over them as well. Got a nice bounce off a tree and was only about 125 yards back to the green. Of course for that, I had to switch to a pitching wedge because I'm not a god like Wiggle.

-Collin-
    In the bag:

Nickent 4DX SE 9* (Proforce V2 S)
    Callaway X 3w
    Nike Slingshot 2i Hybrid
    Nike Sumo2 4i Hybrid
    Nickent 3dx Pro Irons Nippon Steel Shafts
    Taylormade RAC TP 52*
    Sonartec T35 56*
    Callaway X-Tour 60* (PM Grind, MD Grooves!)
    Carbite Polar Balanced Putter (Thank you, Big 5)
    Ball: Whatever I found in the creek, or Callaway Pro V1X
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If I'm hitting a bump and run with it, about 260 yards.

PLZZZZZ....firstly your stupid ass could not hit a lob shot. Secondly,when and if you try a stunt like that on a practice green it will be followed by a savage beating and someone else lobbing your head 40 yards...I can only hope.....

Hey Poeful,

It's starting to get like a lottery on here trying to predict which one of spanks aliases will show up to attack you when you have a go at him.

QCG, you beat me to the punch with your post. Good to see you have kept your sense of humour. thumbs up.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Firstly, I can too hit a lob shot! So, there.

Secondly, DAH! You think?

Thanks Nah for the support. I do like lotteries but have never won one. No attacks though, mostly conversation, questions, and lots of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3 Wiggle
    Being only a lowly hacker I am somewhat confused. Why would I want to get 100yds from an overswung lob wedge when my pitching wedge is far more controlable at that distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Riley
    Being only a lowly hacker I am somewhat confused. Why would I want to get 100yds from an overswung lob wedge when my pitching wedge is far more controlable at that distance?
    If this is a serious question, the response is, "This is a B.S. thread, and don't take ANY of it seriously." (ANY question started by 3 Wiggle is a B.S. thread, and is only for laughs)
    If you are one of the old timers with a new alias, then no explanation is necessary.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

90 yards is the max for me unless I see loren, or jesse,in the parking lot behind the green then ill probably get 120 out of it . The reason i would use my lob wedge for this is because it will put maximum backspin on the ball and open the wound alot more as it contacted the skin

Thread Information