|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I'm looking for maximum backspin

I already play with a high spin ball. When it hits the green it stops and sometime backs up a little. I'd like to see it back up 10 feet or more, everytime. Any thoughts on this...I think it will really help my game. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3 Wiggle
    I already play with a high spin ball. When it hits the green it stops and sometime backs up a little. I'd like to see it back up 10 feet or more, everytime. Any thoughts on this...I think it will really help my game. Thanks.
    Hi

if it helps i have noticed that when snooker/pool players want more backspin they chalk the end of their cue.

Perhaps it would help if you rubbed chalk onto your 100 yard lob wedge, and then you could probably spin it off the green, at least 100ft if any of your other claims are anything to go by.

Always trying to help

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Hi

if it helps i have noticed that when snooker/pool players want more backspin they chalk the end of their cue.

Perhaps it would help if you rubbed chalk onto your 100 yard lob wedge, and then you could probably spin it off the green, at least 100ft if any of your other claims are anything to go by.

Always trying to help

Edgey

Thanks for the advice...but I'm going another route. The man at Home Depot was kind enough to etch out my grooves a bit. They are now twice as deep and way sharper on the edges. Should see some serious backjizz now.

Wow. I can barely slow the ball down at all when hitting the green on pitch or chip shots.

Wiggy, you got to be careful. If your grooves are too aggressive the ball could actually go backwards in windy conditions. What the hell am I thinking. You could just use your 100 compression ball to take some spin off.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Wiggy, you got to be careful. If your grooves are too aggressive the ball could actually go backwards in windy conditions. What the hell am I thinking. You could just use your 100 compression ball to take some spin off.
    Bought some 110 compression balls awhile back. They're hard to find so I bought 20 dozen of them. Keep them in a freezer and pack them in ice when I take them to the course. It requires a minimum of 130 mph clubhead speed to compress them...good thing I'm a beast.

Maximum Spin hey?

all you have to do is take two balls, but them in a bunke side by side, dig a little trench behind the ball you are going to hit, swing as hard as you can, when it hits the green it comes back about........30 feet, nothing serious.....becareful though, you dont wanna get the ball in the jaw..
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Am I the only one that is falling out of my chair laughing on this one? I'm new around here, so maybe I'm just not used to it. Wiggle and Edgey now hold a special place in my heart.

-Collin-
    In the bag:

Nickent 4DX SE 9* (Proforce V2 S)
    Callaway X 3w
    Nike Slingshot 2i Hybrid
    Nike Sumo2 4i Hybrid
    Nickent 3dx Pro Irons Nippon Steel Shafts
    Taylormade RAC TP 52*
    Sonartec T35 56*
    Callaway X-Tour 60* (PM Grind, MD Grooves!)
    Carbite Polar Balanced Putter (Thank you, Big 5)
    Ball: Whatever I found in the creek, or Callaway Pro V1X
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Mr. Wiggle,

How much weight can you squat or deadlift?
    2 tears in a bucket

My problem is that my lob wedge spins back farther than I can hit it. I can hit it 120 yards but it spins back well over 150 yards. Pisser.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by MTibbo
    Maximum Spin hey?

all you have to do is take two balls, but them in a bunke side by side, dig a little trench behind the ball you are going to hit, swing as hard as you can, when it hits the green it comes back about........30 feet, nothing serious.....becareful though, you dont wanna get the ball in the jaw..
    One of my mates once showed me this one. Neat trick shot.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse.day
    Hey Mr. Wiggle,

That would depend totally on how big his calves are.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse.day
    Hey Mr. Wiggle,

Difficult to say...there are rarely enough plates around at the gym for me to max out. I usually go for high reps.

Squats - 405lbs - 5 sets of 12
    Deadlifts - 585lbs - 5 sets of 12
    Clean and Jerks - 315 - 5 sets of 10

Difficult to say...there are rarely enough plates around at the gym for me to max out. I usually go for high reps.

I'm going to assume that 585 was a typo and you meant to say 595. If you're anything like me, the only plates at the gym are 45's.
    Please clarify.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I'm going to assume that 585 was a typo and you meant to say 595. If you're anything like me, the only plates at the gym are 45's.
    Please clarify.

Bar weights 45 lbs.
    12 plates at 45 lbs. each (6 on each side) - 540

Total weight 585. All our bars are 45lbs.

(My problem is that my lob wedge spins back farther than I can hit it. I can hit it 120 yards but it spins back well over 150 yards.)

I have exactly the same problem with my putter

Bar weights 45 lbs.
    12 plates at 45 lbs. each (6 on each side) - 540

Total weight 585. All our bars are 45lbs.
    Spank, mate

You couldnt pick up a queen at the London Pride day, but i love your style.

edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    (My problem is that my lob wedge spins back farther than I can hit it. I can hit it 120 yards but it spins back well over 150 yards.)

I have exactly the same problem with my putter
    Yeah same here. And when I open up my 60* and flop it it goes straight up in the air and winds up 50 yards behind me. I'm more effective when I deloft it and use it to hit a bump and run. It travels about 2 feet in the air and runs out the other 50 feet but the backspin guarantees it pulls up right beside the pin.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You're full of sh!t, man. It makes no sense to clean before you jerk. Wait. What are we talking about here?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

For Spank, er I mean Mr Wiggle, the jerk would definitely be the easy part. The clean would be another matter entirely.

Home Slicer is right. It does not make sense to clean before you jerk.... would tend to leave a big mess (or a little mess)
    Irons: Titleist AP 2's Wedges: Vokey 54* and 58* spin milled oil cans
    Driver: none (yet)
    Fairway Ping G5 3 and 5
    Balls: ProV1x and Callaway HXitour

Hey, this is an anonymous internet board:

My stats:
    Squats; 850 lbs; 25 sets of 50
    Deadlifts; 1025 lbs; 50 sets of 100
    Clean and Jerks; 975 75 sets of 1000

And there's no one on the board who can prove whether I can or can't accomplish this. That's the beauty of the internet............and I owe it all to use of the #2 gripper........
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Hey, this is an anonymous internet board:

My stats:
    Squats; 850 lbs; 25 sets of 50
    Deadlifts; 1025 lbs; 50 sets of 100
    Clean and Jerks; 975 75 sets of 1000

And there's no one on the board who can prove whether I can or can't accomplish this. That's the beauty of the internet............and I owe it all to use of the #2 gripper........
    I respectfully call BS on you.

I respectfully call BS on you.
    At this point, I am therefore obligated to launch a tirade about how much better I am than all of the rest of you, and that the reason you refuse to believe me is because you are simply jealous, out of shape, and otherwise worthless scum of the earth. Perhaps an allusion questioning the critic's sexual identity or preferences should then be followed by a challenge to one or more of you to come and meet me on my home turf, and I'll show YOU, etc., etc., etc.........

Remember, in the field of internet boasting, "the first liar doesn't have a chance"............

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    At this point, I am therefore obligated to launch a tirade about how much better I am than all of the rest of you, and that the reason you refuse to believe me is because you are simply jealous, out of shape, and otherwise worthless scum of the earth. Perhaps an allusion questioning the critic's sexual identity or preferences should then be followed by a challenge to one or more of you to come and meet me on my home turf, and I'll show YOU, etc., etc., etc.........
    I think we're going to need a pic to prove your outrageous claim.

I think we're going to need a pic to prove your outrageous claim.
    Its true. Sometimes I spot for Dorkman at the GYM. I snapped this picture of him leg pressing 2000 lbs.

PS...His flatulences are equally impressive. Look at that smile on his face....he was digging deep on this lift and one got away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Its true. Sometimes I spot for Dorkman at the GYM. I snapped this picture of him leg pressing 2000 lbs.

PS...His flatulences are equally impressive. Look at that smile on his face....he was digging deep on this lift and one got away from him.
    You know he's serious by the cargo pants. TBH, I don't know why all the major sports aren't incorporating into their uniforms. Imagine how fast Randy Moss would be in some cargo pants.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist

Now you've spoiled the impact of the picture I was going to use for my Scratch and Sniff Christmas card........

Miracle Wedge

Not conforming, but the suckers do spin--for ANYBODY!

I see that Spank has made a play for both the frequent thread starter and most pointless thread starter. I guess I'll find my own niche by winning the frequent thread hijacker award.
    2 tears in a bucket

I found this handheld pressure washer at the Toys-R-Us. It's great! When i want more backspin, i walk up to the green and "water" the area behind the hole. Get it nice and soft before i hit my shot. The ball spins like crazy. These pressure washers come in low and high capacities, i choose one depending on the number of water fountains on the course. Since there's only 4 fountains where i play, i got the higher capacity Super Soaker10,000. One load per 5 holes!

I'm thinking Mr Wiggle's calfs look an awful lot like Ripit35's.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I'm thinking Mr Wiggle's calfs look an awful lot like Ripit35's.
    except i don't feed my calves bullsh1t.

Mr wiggles you should go back to Home depot and have that guy sole grind all your wedges so that it ads alittle more bounce to them. This will create a little more slide on the turf and in return some for sure back up spin , plus start using a prov1 and youll wish you didnt have so much spin on the ball once you start backing up off the green

Quote Originally Posted by ProStatus
    Mr wiggles you should go back to Home depot and have that guy sole grind all your wedges so that it ads alittle more bounce to them. This will create a little more slide on the turf and in return some for sure back up spin , plus start using a prov1 and youll wish you didnt have so much spin on the ball once you start backing up off the green
    When I use Prov1's I actually have to aim to fly it about twenty yards over the back to allow for the backspin I get. It usually works out well but landing it in a bunker or water takes a little spin off and I will be left with a putt from above the hole, so in that situation I will usually not hit a full shot and instead pull out the LW and go for a bump and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    When I use Prov1's I actually have to aim to fly it about twenty yards over the back to allow for the backspin I get. It usually works out well but landing it in a bunker or water takes a little spin off and I will be left with a putt from above the hole, so in that situation I will usually not hit a full shot and instead pull out the LW and go for a bump and run.
    I know what you mean. Backing it up from the water or out of a deep, soft bunker requires the kind of spin that only the better players among us are ever able to achieve, even with the finest available equipment, including Topflite distance balls.

Thread Information