|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

An open challenge to Daveperkins

Hi

I have read all your posts and know that you maintain you are the real Dave Perks, but you started posting under a new name as you thought your old one had been deleted.

As an Englishman i am an old, cynical, doubting thomas who would like some empirical evidence that you are who you claim you are so......

Pingman360 has confirmed your old a/c is still active. Please post under that and i will be happy to accept you are the one and only Dave Perks

I am SOOO looking forward to you being able to do this.......

Edgey
    Last edited by edgey; 10-29-2008 at 01:23 AM.
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Edgey, whilst I agree this will help flush out the imposter I don't think the real DP will respond.

Unfortunately I think Dave Perk is a deeply spiritual guy and would not have made this decision lightly. I don't think we'll see him back and it is a great loss to GR.

Many guys get bored or p*ssed off with this forum and leave but Dave seemed to genuinely enjoy it so for him to leave in this fashion given the circumstances is very disappointing.

DP if you're reading this feel free to prove me wrong!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Edgey, whilst I agree this will help flush out the imposter I don't think the real DP will respond.

Unfortunately I think Dave Perk is a deeply spiritual guy and would not have made this decision lightly. I don't think we'll see him back and it is a great loss to GR.

Many guys get bored or p*ssed off with this forum and leave but Dave seemed to genuinely enjoy it so for him to leave in this fashion given the circumstances is very disappointing.

Kiwi mate

I never expected the REAL D Perks to respond, but hey who knows.

If Dave Perkins is an imposter lets flush him out, remember the rules

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Kiwi mate

I never expected the REAL D Perks to respond, but hey who knows.

If Dave Perkins is an imposter lets flush him out, remember the rules

Edgey
    So if I do this 'test', how do I know you two are the real KP and the real Edgey?

AFter all, someone could have hacked the forum, stolen your info and become you.

Edgey, say something nasty to Nemo so I'll know it's you.

KP, name the girl who played Xena.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Many guys get bored or p*ssed off with this forum and leave
    True. But dwarfing all of this in terms of importance is the return of TeeSSeeee in the the Non-Golf Section.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    So if I do this 'test', how do I know you two are the real KP and the real Edgey?

AFter all, someone could have hacked the forum, stolen your info and become you.

Edgey, say something nasty to Nemo so I'll know it's you.

KP, name the girl who played Xena.
    If you check one of the other posts i have just said something nasty to Omen, and its not my identity thats in question.

You stated you only became Dave Perkins because you thought Pingman had deleted your old I/D

Since your old I/D has not been deleted i would assume you would want to revert to it, and indeed why wouldnt you.

May i remind you i did not leave the forum and then resurect myself under a new identity and utilise a writing style that is not immediately recognisable as the Dave Perks of old.

Stop provaricating, if you are who you claim to be you would not have a problem using your old I/D.

Edgey

Really, you're too kind.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeSeee
    Really, you're too kind.
    Spank

How many identitys do you have for christs sake

Spank/Strokeguru/Prostatus/Daveperkins/Mr3wiggle/TeeSeee

I cant keep up

Edgey

My old nick doesn't work. That's why I came to this new one. That's why I thought Pinglad had removed it or altered it or something.

Anyone seen NXT Tour Player around here lately? I think he went off to college but I"m going to call his cellphone and see if he will log on and tell you jokers I am me. :-) He's played here a couple of times and has my number in his cell.

I have seen Spank's alias work, and I am sad to have to point out my writing is far superior, my metaphors compelling, my syntax nearer to perfect and my overall presentation so much nicer, I'll be lucky if you guys aren't coming on to me before this thing is over. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

The TeeeSeee thing is a parody of Spank, acknowledging his work. Nothing more. I'm not saying it's me.

My old nick doesn't work. That's why I came to this new one. That's why I thought Pinglad had removed it or altered it or something.

Anyone seen NXT Tour Player around here lately? I think he went off to college but I"m going to call his cellphone and see if he will log on and tell you jokers I am me. :-) He's played here a couple of times and has my number in his cell.

I have seen Spank's alias work, and I am sad to have to point out my writing is far superior, my metaphors compelling, my syntax nearer to perfect and my overall presentation so much nicer, I'll be lucky if you guys aren't coming on to me before this thing is over. :-)
    Bu*llshit

I new this Dave Perkins thing was bollocks but you have just confirmed it.

The last paragraph would never have been written by Dave Perks. It would however have been written by Mr3Wiggle. "Ill be lucky if guys arent coming on to me before this thing is over" What an arrogant, self indulgent japeye.

I would say nice try, but in fact it isnt. Dave Perk was and is a modest nice guy whose prescence is sadly missed. To pretend to be him like this is also reminiscent of the "Dorkmans dead" post done by Spank. Whist this doesnt surprise me it does frankly pi*ss me off.

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Bu*llshit

I new this Dave Perkins thing was bollocks but you have just confirmed it.

The last paragraph would never have been written by Dave Perks. It would however have been written by Mr3Wiggle. "Ill be lucky if guys arent coming on to me before this thing is over" What an arrogant, self indulgent japeye.

I would say nice try, but in fact it isnt. Dave Perk was and is a modest nice guy whose prescence is sadly missed. To pretend to be him like this is also reminiscent of the "Dorkmans dead" post done by Spank. Whist this doesnt surprise me it does frankly pi*ss me off.

Edgey
    well, you being pissed off IS the edgey I knew, so I know it's you. :-)

But I'm not worth spoofing, mate. Nobody would bother. Send me an email at my old email address, daveperk@daveperk.com. Or my even older address that I've had since 1996, daveperk@yahoo.com... or call my house (not this afternoon, as I"m recording a radio program in my studio today) at ... hell, I'll PM you my home number. Or I can phone YOU, and you can see my name in your caller ID, if they have it in the UK. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

well, you being pissed off IS the edgey I knew, so I know it's you. :-)

But I'm not worth spoofing, mate. Nobody would bother. Send me an email at my old email address, daveperk@daveperk.com. Or my even older address that I've had since 1996, daveperk@yahoo.com... or call my house (not this afternoon, as I"m recording a radio program in my studio today) at ... hell, I'll PM you my home number. Or I can phone YOU, and you can see my name in your caller ID, if they have it in the UK. :-)
    Ok

this is interesting

I will look into this further. If this is the real D Perks i will apologise, if it isnt...............

Edgey

ur still buying it edgey?

wow gullible it is then

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2

wow gullible it is then

Omen
    give me your phone number. Assuming hillbillies have caller ID, you'll be the one that settles this lame paranoid nuttiness. :-))
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

wow gullible it is then

Omen
    Omen, old pal

I aint buying nothing, check the other post.

I have asked "Dave" a question that only the real "Dave" will know the answer to.

We will see

Edgey

PS Miuras are on order

read the video proof thread. You're wrong. :-)) If you ever looked at any of the old vids I posted, you'll find the 1992 'mullet hair' golfing vid on the same list of available vids as the one of the fishing trip that is linked in that new thread. My name, my account on Vimeo. ME, in other words. :-))))
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Well it's obvious that we'll never know the truth about the new DaveP. It's an unsolvable riddle (actually it isn't but you people won't let it go, you wankers). Let's drop the whole subject and get back to talking about what a d-bag Sergio is or how cool Cargo Putter is or whatever else we talk about en masse.
    I hereby declare an end to Dave-gate.
    Carry on.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

really .. the miuras on order you say.. which ones... not that it matters just curious...

pics will be expected as proof, and all.

Omen

and by the way so you dont sound like a RETARD when you get them... the correct way to pronounce MIURA is first ( ME ) then a long u sound and then lastly the ( RA ) NOT PRONOUNCED the same as the Egyptian sun god Rah but as a combination of an R and a D at the same time (this sound can be difficult for Native English speakers to pronounce. its got more of a ( DA ) sound than the ( RA ) sound.

in japanese the I has an english E sound as the E in Egypt
    and oddly enough the japanese E has an english A sound as the A in mAy.

so MIZUNO correctly said sounds more like MEZUNO ( oh and this is a three beat word as is Miura) so it would be said in three distinct spurts MI ZU NO. each requiring the same amount of time to be said. the same for MI U RA.

just so you sound more deserving of the quality in which you will possess. that way you wont sound like the idiots who pronounce the food product "gyro" the same as the gyro in gyroscope.
    Last edited by Omen2; 10-29-2008 at 07:26 PM.

dave your old account should still be active... please try and log into that one... if it doesnt work let me know...

really .. the miuras on order you say.. which ones... not that it matters just curious...

Omen

and by the way so you dont sound like a RETARD when you get them... the correct way to pronounce MIURA is first ( ME ) then a long u sound and then lastly the ( RA ) NOT PRONOUNCED the same as the Egyptian sun god Rah but as a combination of an R and a D at the same time (this sound can be difficult for Native English speakers to pronounce. its got more of a ( DA ) sound than the ( RA ) sound.

so MIZUNO correctly said sounds more like MEZUNO ( oh and this is a three beat word as is Miura) so it would be said in three distinct spurts MI ZU NO. each requiring the same amount of time to be said. the same for MI U RA.

just so you sound more deserving of the quality in which you will possess. that way you wont sound like the idiots who pronounce the food product "gyro" the same as the gyro in gyroscope.
    Does Mr. Roboto pronounce domo and arigato correctly?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    dave your old account should still be active... please try and log into that one... if it doesnt work let me know...
    did try, doesn't work.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Omen

To add to this, R sounds are pronounced as W, and L sounds are pronounced as R.
    English is pronounced Engrish, as demostrated by the educational website www.engrish.com
    For proof of the this, ask a Japanese person to pronounce the name Larry.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    For proof of the this, ask a Japanese person to pronounce the name Larry.
    You know, I think posting a video demonstrating this would be appropriate. Does anyone have a video camera and a nearby Japanese person? If any of you are on a golf course, look for someone running.

Or making 200 practice swings followed by another 100 wiggles only to back out of their stance to check the line on the ball is pointing down their intended path. Then start the process all over again followed by the ugliest chopper OTT swing, topped ball that skids just past the forward tees. Had to witness this for 5 long hours last weekend.

i have a japanese person handy.

she said Engrish is the correct pronunciation

Thread Information