|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Feats of Strength

What's your most impressive golf related feat of strength.

Mine occurred a couple years back.

My tee shot plugged into the face of a steep hill about 220 yards from the pin (par 5 of course), leaving me a difficult choice. Either lift, clean and drop the ball which would most likely result in the ball rolling back onto a poor lie right behind the ball...or play it as it lies, completely plugged. I chose to play it as it lies. Only the top of the ball was visible, I was 220 out, hitting to an uphill target, deep bunkers guarding the front of the green. I new I had to bring it in high to have any hope of holding the green while also clearing those traps. I pulled my 7 iron. I hit it as hard as I could, and made solid contact...the ball came out nice, high (along with a 2 foot long divot) and straight at the pin. It hit the green and stuck about 8 feet from the hole. Not sure what my clubhead speed was on that shot, but I'd estimate well above 120mph with that 7 iron.

That is impressive. I killed a guy with my bare hands once. He got in my face when I accused him of picking up my ball, so I tried make good on my promise to "rip off his head and sh!t down his neck." I choked him, but his head stayed on (barely I think since I'm really strong). I didn't feel too bad about it because I had just taken a sh!t in the clubhouse and didn't think I could get another one out.
    The funny part is that I found my ball a little further up. Oh well.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I love a story with a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    That is impressive. I killed a guy with my bare hands once. He got in my face when I accused him of picking up my ball, so I tried make good on my promise to "rip off his head and sh!t down his neck." I choked him, but his head stayed on (barely I think since I'm really strong). I didn't feel too bad about it because I had just taken a sh!t in the clubhouse and didn't think I could get another one out.
    The funny part is that I found my ball a little further up. Oh well.
    Hope you had the class to go back and acknowledge your mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3 Wiggle
    Hope you had the class to go back and acknowledge your mistake.
    I apologized to his wife after I finished my round (73 with 2 three putts). Talk about a whiner. Here I go out of my way to apologize to her, and she starts throwing a fit and crying. Don't get me started about her crybaby kids either.
    "Waaah! Waaah! Daddy's dead!" LMFAO
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I'm sick of people blaming someone else for their problems. It's life, deal with it. You know what I'm saying?

Last month I was playing in a tournament with an alternate shot format. My partner hit his tee shot into the lake. I swam out to where the ball went in with my trusty sand wedge. The ball was underwater about 6 feet. I took a deep breath, submerged, swung at the ball and it flew out of the water and landed 6 inches from the hole for a tap in on the par 3. I estimate my clubhead speed must have been about 140 mph to get the ball out of the water.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Right

This is an homage to the 4 yorkshireman

My greatest feat of strength happened a few years ago. I woke up to play 18 1/2 and hour before i went to bed and licked the golf course clean with my tongue. Then i cut all of the greens with a pair of rusty scissors all before teeing off.

On the 9th a 430 yard par 4 i noticed that the green wasnt clear but the club captain was taking the pi*ss over his putt. I pulled my 3 wood, striped it as hard as i could and landed on the green. The captain took umpage at my impertinance and tried to admonish me in front of his and my friends. Obviously i wasnt intimidtaed by his 6' 8" 280lb frame and chinned the c*unt. One punch, knocked him clean out. I finished the round with a gross 70 (bad day, i was a little upset by the captains behaviour) and went in for tea and tiffin. When i got home my mom and dad sliced me to death with a bread knife and danced on my grave.

Now you try to tell that story to the youth of today and they wont believe you.

Edgey

PS my punch speed was about 120mph, i didnt measure my clubhead speed as the machine hasnt been made to take the job on
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I clearly don't have the swing speed some of you guys have but I once moved a 14,000 lb. boulder out of the way (loose impediment - Rule 23-1). I'm glad I did because I had 210 to the green and I don't think my 8 iron would have cleared the boulder. Silly me though because it turned out to be too much club and I hit it over the green. I was lucky, it hit off a beaver that was behind the green and went in the hole. I damn near holed the beaver. Good thing I didn't, I have no idea what rule would have come into play. That beaver was useless for weeks.

I was actually a little pissed because I was going for my fifth consecutive eagle and that double eagle (par 5) ruined it. The call I got after the round from the President of the United States congratulating me for setting a record that day for most eagles or better (11) cheered me up a little. Imagine how I felt later on when I learned I'd won the lottery and they found oil under my house.

Before you call b.s., I got a ruling before I moved the boulder.

On a particularly good driving day, I shot a 21 on a 7400 yard par 71 course. 16 aces, 1 albatross and 1 two-putt. My playing partner, Kim Jong il, beat me by 2 strokes.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

In last years club champs I was trailing by three and needed an Albatross on the 550 yard par 5 18th.

It's a dogleg left but I knew my usual average 385 yard draw wouldn't be good enough as the odds of making the approach with my sand wedge were too low. I knew I had to launch it high over the trees straight at the green. I played the ball forward of my left foot and teed it up high and really smoked it launching it right from the ground up with my powerful calves (I don't do power lifts I am just genetically blessed with 9.95/10 calves). It sailed straight up and over the trees and despite the strong headwind came to rest on the green. I missed the putt for Albatross and the tap in Eagle wasn't good enough to catch the club champ who was unfazed by my drive and calmly parred the hole but I was still pleased with my drive.

I estimate my swing speed was about 180.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

That's impressive, Kiwi. The most incredible feat of strength I witnessed was not by me but by one of my playing partners, and was to my benefit.

We were on the 5th hole at our club and all of a sudden an L-1011 jumbo jet crash landed on the fairway. I was lining up a shot and was so focused I didn't hear the plane approaching or the screams of my playing partners to get out of the way. Unfortunately before I knew it the plane landed virtually right on top of me. There's no way of describing the pain of having an L-1011 land on top of you.

Well, I was completely pinned by the fuselage and boy those things are heavy! People had said to me in the past, blimey, you're fatter than a jumbo jet! Well I came to realize that was pure hyperbole, it's not even close to the truth. As I was laying there the plane burst into flames. I thought I was done for.

Just then, one of my playing partners came running over and yelled: Wally, I'm going to save you! My name isn't Wally so I don't know why he always calls me that, but I guess that's kind of beside the point. He grabs his hybrid (not a fairway wood replacement) out of his bag, wedges it underneath the aircraft, lifts it up using the hybrid as a lever and pulls me to safety.

Unfortunately everyone on the plane perished but for me it was a great day. And I don't think I'll ever see a greater feat of strength as long as I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German
    That's impressive, Kiwi. The most incredible feat of strength I witnessed was not by me but by one of my playing partners, and was to my benefit.

We were on the 5th hole at our club and all of a sudden an L-1011 jumbo jet crash landed on the fairway. I was lining up a shot and was so focused I didn't hear the plane approaching or the screams of my playing partners to get out of the way. Unfortunately before I knew it the plane landed virtually right on top of me. There's no way of describing the pain of having an L-1011 land on top of you.

Well, I was completely pinned by the fuselage and boy those things are heavy! People had said to me in the past, blimey, you're fatter than a jumbo jet! Well I came to realize that was pure hyperbole, it's not even close to the truth. As I was laying there the plane burst into flames. I thought I was done for.

Just then, one of my playing partners came running over and yelled: Wally, I'm going to save you! My name isn't Wally so I don't know why he always calls me that, but I guess that's kind of beside the point. He grabs his hybrid (not a fairway wood replacement) out of his bag, wedges it underneath the aircraft, lifts it up using the hybrid as a lever and pulls me to safety.

Unfortunately everyone on the plane perished but for me it was a great day. And I don't think I'll ever see a greater feat of strength as long as I live.
    Was your playing partner chastised for use a gay hybrid rather than a long iron?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Last month I was playing in a tournament with an alternate shot format. My partner hit his tee shot into the lake. I swam out to where the ball went in with my trusty sand wedge. The ball was underwater about 6 feet. I took a deep breath, submerged, swung at the ball and it flew out of the water and landed 6 inches from the hole for a tap in on the par 3. I estimate my clubhead speed must have been about 140 mph to get the ball out of the water.
    I'm somewhat impressed, but as feat of strength it could have been beter. Hitting a full sandwedge out of the water is one thing, but if you had instead grabbed the Lob Wedge and played a bump and run along the bottom of the lake, up the shore and onto the green, that would have been a feat of strength.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information