|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: WSOP Rant...WTF

WSOP Rant...WTF

Why in the funk are all of the major media outlets reporting the winner of the WSOP?

They push the finals back by 3 months to create drama and avoid spoiling the outcome, and then spoil it anyway hours before the final is supposed to be run.

I am one of the idoits that actually likes watching the WSOP on TV, and it takes away from the suspense when I hear the outcome. Its like knowing who won the super bowl before watching the game.

Why report the winner early? If you don't like to watch the WSOP, I can guarantee you won't give a chit about who wins anyway. Nice work ESPN...way to build up drama and ratings for your finale.

WTF is WSOP?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

world series of poker

OK. Yeah, you're right, no one gives a sh!t. No offense. I know what you mean though, I watch a lot of rodeo events. Okay, I made that up.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Waaaaaah....Who the hell watches world series of poker. Thats like watching the biggest loser or noon day soap operas . WSOP huh that is the most boring sh.it in the world to watch a bunch of sausages playing cards and trying to look all hard and stuff in the face . A buncha FAGULETS if you ask me , they probably play footsies under the table with the occasional hand job here and there .Yeaa I wanna watch you play cards gimmie a frikin break . Go watch the nature channel and learn something about nature or the history channel, theres far more interesting sh.it there to watch than duuudes playin frikin cards ...I think you mentioned it being like telling us who wins the super bowl.......SYYYYYKE. Dude nobody watches WSOP except maybe you and and a few other lame ,no job havin people. And the super bowl everybody watches . Theres just no comparison in the 2
    Last edited by ProStatus; 11-12-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Poker is a game of intelligence, patience, startegy and discipline. Values that are sadl;y lacking amongst the wider GR membership. I wouldn't expect everyone on this forum to get it. I watch it whenever it's on the box over here.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Ahhhh..

I haven't seen the final table yet, or heard who won. So don't spoil it for those who know nothing.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Poker is a game of intelligence, patience, startegy and discipline. Values that are sadl;y lacking amongst the wider GR membership. I wouldn't expect everyone on this forum to get it. I watch it whenever it's on the box over here.
    Poker would be a lot more fun if people learned how to play quicker. There is a nightly game on Thursdays at the SPCC (after my bowling league (STFU about bowling)) that is unplayable. I don't have the patience to watch ten people calculate their odds or try to read others' poker faces. Watching poker on TV would be about my 400th option of ways to waste my time.

Why doesn't ESPN show this tourney live or on a one hour tape delay?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Why doesn't ESPN show this tourney live or on a one hour tape delay?
    Because the real tourney is played at a snails pace. They get maybe 1 good hour tape for every 8 hours played. People don't mind watching players calculate odds and make reads when the pot is huge, but that wouldn't fly on the small pots. They could raise the blinds faster, but that would introduce a greater degree of luck.

That makes sense. I'm not talking about the guys playing in the WSOP, I'm talking about the d-bags I've played with at a $20 table.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    That makes sense. I'm not talking about the guys playing in the WSOP, I'm talking about the d-bags I've played with at a $20 table.
    Maybe you should invent speed poker?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Lol...WTF is startegy HA HA HE HE

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Maybe you should invent speed poker?

Already been done.

Saw it on tv..the table had flashing lights and all kinds of buzzers..enough to make you seize.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Thread Information