|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question famousdavis - Glendarin Hills GC - 4 to 1 odd on breaking par

Hei famousdavis you indicated that you found the course unstimulating.

I would like to make it more stimulating for you. This offer is available the second week of May or first week of October in 2010. I won't even play, I will just watch an artist at work who shot a 68 that should have been better.

I will give you 4 to 1 odds that you will not break par from the gold tees (7,055 yards). I will put up a $1000 against your $250 and I will even give you an extra $200 if you do not have a 3 put green during your round. So, if you have confidence in your putter than you are really betting $50 against my $1000, which changes the odds to 20 to 1. I will even pay you in US dollars, instead of the under valued Canadian buck.

If you think the golds are too long, I will give you 2 to 1 odds from the blue tees (6668 yards) on breaking par. I will still give the extra $200 for no 3 put greens. Somebody on my previous thread indicated that the course was too short, so that is why I mentioned the golds first. I can only assume with you being such a great player that you would only play the golds. For a 20 handicapper like me, everything is long. That is why I played it at 5878.
    I enjoy golf in Michigan, Georgia, Hilton Head and of course all the expensive courses in the greater Toronto area

Weeeell now, This should be an interesting response! Oh oh oh! I think I can hear the little pitter patter of backpedaling feet now.......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Hi

I have faith in Famous Davies, i am a believer.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

The general theme of this thread has a fimiliar ring to it. After the initial chest puffing and name calling, I fear it will end with one of the protagonists being called away at the last minute by more pressing matters relating to their juicing business.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Golfer

I would like to make it more stimulating for you. This offer is available the second week of May or first week of October in 2010. I won't even play, I will just watch an artist at work who shot a 68 that should have been better.

I will give you 4 to 1 odds that you will not break par from the gold tees (7,055 yards). I will put up a $1000 against your $250 and I will even give you an extra $200 if you do not have a 3 put green during your round. So, if you have confidence in your putter than you are really betting $50 against my $1000, which changes the odds to 20 to 1. I will even pay you in US dollars, instead of the under valued Canadian buck.

If you think the golds are too long, I will give you 2 to 1 odds from the blue tees (6668 yards) on breaking par. I will still give the extra $200 for no 3 put greens. Somebody on my previous thread indicated that the course was too short, so that is why I mentioned the golds first. I can only assume with you being such a great player that you would only play the golds. For a 20 handicapper like me, everything is long. That is why I played it at 5878.
    May I suggest a course in pre-algebra and statistics.

Your first bet is 4 to 1. The second bet has no odds. You are simply adding the $200 to the $1000 if I break par AND have no three putts. If I don't break par and have no three putts I still lose $250. If I break par and have a three putt I win $1000. If I break par and have no three putts I win $1200. Those are the three scenarios and the odds don't equate to 20 to 1. At the very least, the odds equate to $1200/$250 which is 4.8/1. If you want 20 to 1 odds then I will gladly bet my $250 to your $5,000. Oh, and then I get $5,200 with no 3 putts...almost forgot.

I realize that you are just trying to get a reaction from people, but are you really that lonely? People like you do no good to an otherwise respected and informative website. I hope you get the help you need. Obviously you don't have a clue about golf.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmac28
    I realize that you are just trying to get a reaction from people, but are you really that lonely? People like you do no good to an otherwise respected and informative website. I hope you get the help you need. Obviously you don't have a clue about golf.
    Oh man!!
    Have you got something to learn about GR forums!!!!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I am sure I do, but this nutjob really stood out to me. What is the point? This guy needs a few friends, a good therapist, and I would dare say a wife, but maybe he has run her off, too. I thought this forum was just to give opinions about golf equipment, etc. I guess I do have a lot to learn about this forum.

I am sure I do, but this nutjob really stood out to me. What is the point? This guy needs a few friends, a good therapist, and I would dare say a wife, but maybe he has run her off, too. I thought this forum was just to give opinions about golf equipment, etc. I guess I do have a lot to learn about this forum.
    I would suggest a search of the forum and perhaps read a few of the posts here. You may then come to the conclusion that GR has in fact very little to do with golf.

We are the pariahs of the golfing forums, and damned f ucking proud of it.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

my re-adjustment to this style of forum

thanks for the reply. I know that anyone who reads this forum does play golf, and I will look at these postings and laugh, even if I only shot 63 today. I still think famous davis needs help, but I do see the humor in his postings. I am catching on.
    It takes a big man to admit he is wrong.
    I am not a big man.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

I forgot to say welcome johnmac.
    So far i like your style, although that has nothing to do with anything. My reply to your first post was provoked by the unintentional humour you imparted. Respect and GR are funny words to use in the same sentence. There is not a lot of respect around here, except for maybe mizuno blade players. There are no sacred cows and most posting is about taking the piss and oneupsmanship (is that a word). It is however a lot of fun and you are correct that 99% of us are very keen players, and half of us are shocking club ho's way beyond help. As edgey alluded to, this is a place were us poor souls can gather together and huddle for warmth in a world that dosen't understand golf addiction.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Thank you very much for the kind welcome into your dysfunctional brotherhood. At last, a group of people that understand where I am coming from. I like your philosophy. Ironically I was researching "Scratch Golf" I am a Mizuno guy, but do you know anything about Scratch. I can't find a dealer around here in Fort Worth Texas. Any knowledge or advice? As long as 12 step meetings are not a requirement to be in this misunderstood group that I understand, I am happy to crack a few jokes and learn more about this cool secret society of functioning dysfunctional people.
    Thanks for the reply,
    John

I will look at these postings and laugh, even if I only shot 63 today.
    How'd you shoot on the back 9?

The only thing less informative than this discussion board is the 'reviews' section. Now that's where you go if you really want to see uninformed drivel.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thank you very much for the kind welcome into your dysfunctional brotherhood. At last, a group of people that understand where I am coming from. I like your philosophy. Ironically I was researching "Scratch Golf" I am a Mizuno guy, but do you know anything about Scratch. I can't find a dealer around here in Fort Worth Texas. Any knowledge or advice? As long as 12 step meetings are not a requirement to be in this misunderstood group that I understand, I am happy to crack a few jokes and learn more about this cool secret society of functioning dysfunctional people.
    Thanks for the reply,
    John
    Miz/Ping is gonna jump on this......Welcome Johnmac!
    team obnoxious

Sit down, shut up and hang on my friend!!
    team obnoxious

I am very uncomfortable whenever one male poster uses the word "stimulating" in a post to another male poster. Can you please use the word, "interesting" for now on? Thank you in advance.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Thanks for the reply,
    John
    Step 1. You admitted you were powerless over drinking Mizuno Kool-Aid and your life has become unmanageable.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Your first bet is 4 to 1. The second bet has no odds. You are simply adding the $200 to the $1000 if I break par AND have no three putts. If I don't break par and have no three putts I still lose $250. If I break par and have a three putt I win $1000. If I break par and have no three putts I win $1200. Those are the three scenarios and the odds don't equate to 20 to 1. At the very least, the odds equate to $1200/$250 which is 4.8/1. If you want 20 to 1 odds then I will gladly bet my $250 to your $5,000. Oh, and then I get $5,200 with no 3 putts...almost forgot.
    You do not need to break par to win the $200 for no 3 puts. As long as you do not 3 put the maximum it will cost you is $50.
    I enjoy golf in Michigan, Georgia, Hilton Head and of course all the expensive courses in the greater Toronto area

Thanks for the reply,
    John

Johnmac28 -- Are you really French? That's awesome! I'm also from Europe. Where in France do you live? Is it anywhere near where the Maginot line once stood?

Lorenzo
    GR lives...

Hi Ontario Golfer,

Let me be the first to say he will never take this bet period. It would be nice to see it happen just to shut Famous Davis up however I feel there will be a large amount of excuses. Hell you even gave him time to learn how to play golf!

Nice post!

Reply to Lorenzo and anybody else I have communicated with

I just saw your post. I am not French, just worked there for a while and played a little golf when I had the time and money.
    To everybody else, Mizunos out of golf bag and Scratch EZ-1s are there. They are gorgeous, like jewelry. It will be a while before I use them with this crazy weather. Until then I will admire them and stroke my (KBS) shaft.

I just saw your post. I am not French, just worked there for a while and played a little golf when I had the time and money.
    To everybody else, Mizunos out of golf bag and Scratch EZ-1s are there. They are gorgeous, like jewelry. It will be a while before I use them with this crazy weather. Until then I will admire them and stroke my (KBS) shaft.
    i've his somme scratch blades before SB-1's or whatever theyre called they were nice... but the whats really nice about the company i the ability to customize practically anything you may want on them grinds, stampings, weight... really solid company there...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i've his somme scratch blades before SB-1's or whatever theyre called they were nice... but the whats really nice about the company i the ability to customize practically anything you may want on them grinds, stampings, weight... really solid company there...
    Wow, . . . . . either you've fallen off the Bible wagon and gone a binger or your posting this from your mobile phone . . . . . . Dorkman would have a field day.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

They are just plain jane, no custom work done, but if they work as nicely as they look (love the thin top line) maybe I can break the double digit barrier this year. Have a couple wedges on the way as well. My quest to buy a better golf game has not worked in the past, but I just know things will be different this time! If not you can always find good deals from me on ebay.

They are just plain jane, no custom work done, but if they work as nicely as they look (love the thin top line) maybe I can break the double digit barrier this year. Have a couple wedges on the way as well. My quest to buy a better golf game has not worked in the past, but I just know things will be different this time! If not you can always find good deals from me on ebay.
    I have a blended set of Scratch EZ-1's for the 4-6 irons, and the AR - 1's for the 7-PW. (I use a hybrid instead of the 3 iron). These are gorgeous clubs, and offer the best blend of feel, accuracy, and forgiveness I've ever experienced. Great "player's cavity backs." Congratulations on some genuinely fine sticks.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I have not had the pleasure of playing Scratch irons but I am a very big fan of the thin topline. I also love shiny forgings. Be careful John or you may fall into the abyss of eternal club hoing. What a way to go!

Thread Information