|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

i'm switching to blades

my ball striking has been impeccable lately, and i think the perimeter weighting of my player's cavities are hinding any trajectory control & workability. what do you guys think i should do? i miss the orgasmic feel of a purely struck muscleback. even these player's cbs feel too game improvement for me. i'm eyeing a set of titty 681s like the Great One used when he turned pro. no, not daly, tiger.

the rest of you pseuds would do well to make the switch too. shovels will only hinder your ability to improve your swing.

Last edited by bjdrivers; 03-16-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

[QUOTE=bjdrivers]my ball striking has been impeccable lately, and i think the perimeter weighting of my player's cavities are hinding any trajectory control & workability. what do you guys think i should do? i miss the orgasmic feel of a purely struck muscleback. even these player's cbs feel too game improvement for me. i'm eyeing a set of titty 681s like the Great One used when he turned pro. no, not daly, tiger.

the rest of you pseuds would do well to make the switch too. shovels will only hinder your ability to improve your swing.QUOTE]

BJ

It doesnt matter mate, play what you like and makes you happy. You are like me an inveterate club ho. Everything will change again and probably sooner than later.

I love you to death ( in a non Camp Freddy way, obviously)

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

BJ,

Your journey to golfing salvation is almost complete.

What's happening is obvious. You are being lured back to GFF. I suggest you just go straight out and get some GFF blades now to save the trouble of bagging the titties first. You know that GFF is the end step in the road to being a real man, so just sve yourself the time and trouble and go straight to the destination. JD uses GFF MP67's, what more is there to say?

P.S. Just make sure this time you get them with S300's so you don't suffer a relapse like last time.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

you have a point there nah, but i can get a really good price on these 681's brand new and fit to spec. i was thinking about putting some senior flex graphite shafts in them, but then i realized i wouldn't be selling them to larry or sooner. so i'll go with s300s this time.

PS.
    edgey mate, i hope that pic i included of a pure, forged, traditional sweet arse blade didn't offend you and your zings. but i'm quite sure it gave freddy some bone.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    you have a point there nah, but i can get a really good price on these 681's brand new and fit to spec. i was thinking about putting some senior flex graphite shafts in them, but then i realized i wouldn't be selling them to larry or sooner. so i'll go with s300s this time.

PS.
    edgey mate, i hope that pic i included of a pure, forged, traditional sweet arse blade didn't offend you and your zings. but i'm quite sure it gave freddy some bone.
    I brought a little bit of bile up when i saw those blades, but Camp Freddy will no doubt have a bigger boner than if he saw Camilo WOW naked and covered in baby oil.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Slightly less transparent than Lorenzo's hook. You may have a chance to lure the great little man to the surface.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I suppose BJ if you go with the titties it will still leave you with some room to satisfy your ho'ing instincts down the track.

Your tramsformation from New Years resolution BJ back to the real BJ is now complete. I expect to be zinged mercilessly for the SGI features in my Zoids from now on.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

PS.
    I think you can justify the new clubs just to get maximum distance between you and Larry.

Ok, here goes. I don't know why all pros don't play blades. Maybe they just haven't committed to heterosexuality. I'm glad you'll now be able to look yourself in the mirror, in a way Kenny Perry will never be able to. That pathetic hack.
    GR lives...

my ball striking has been impeccable lately, and i think the perimeter weighting of my player's cavities are hinding any trajectory control & workability. what do you guys think i should do? i miss the orgasmic feel of a purely struck muscleback. even these player's cbs feel too game improvement for me. i'm eyeing a set of titty 681s like the Great One used when he turned pro. no, not daly, tiger.

the rest of you pseuds would do well to make the switch too. shovels will only hinder your ability to improve your swing.

Those are f****** gorgeous. I still enjoy my ZM's though.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Go for it. If it doens't work out, you can get a good portion of your money back, anyway. It's only money, and you only live once.
    You know you won't be satisfied until you try.

I satisfied myself with a couple of demo sessions. Others may need to take the actual blade purchase plunge to learn the truth. Some can hit 'em, but most can't......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Make sure you try the GFF too. There is a difference in feel. I let you decide on which the word 'buttery' belongs to.

i will be taping them up to about a D4 swingweight as well, just to even further myself from larry.

i will be taping them up to about a D4 swingweight as well, just to even further myself from larry.
    One thing I must say in Larry's defence. He was right when he said all the top rated college players who play blades with heavy steel shafts couldn't get a start on the Seniors tour. The fact that that they are all about 30 plus years away from being able to qualify notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    One thing I must say in Larry's defence. He was right when he said all the top rated college players who play blades with heavy steel shafts couldn't get a start on the Seniors tour. The fact that that they are all about 30 plus years away from being able to qualify notwithstanding.
    he has a point, a guy can never start his golfing IRA too early i guess.

i'm sincerely hoping i can get a zing from fred here, my threads always feel meaningless until he chimes in.

he has a point, a guy can never start his golfing IRA too early i guess.

i'm sincerely hoping i can get a zing from fred here, my threads always feel meaningless until he chimes in.
    I'm thinking of starting a thread on the superiority of the fade over the draw to try to draw out Fred again. I'd post it in the KP thread but Fred has already posted there, and like lightning Fred never strikes twice in the same place.

BJ, I think you could go put some baby blue paint to help touch those things up and we could elect you a new mod.

I wouldn't advise Exsar Pro Graphite shafts or Aldila NVs because I don't think you're man enough to handle them.

Good luck with your titties.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I was wondering how long it would take you to get rid of those SGI CB shovels and get back to hoing. Two and a half months is an impressive effort for a Club Ho junkie like you though BJ. Well done!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

In other news, it was confirmed today that bears do indeed sh!t in the woods.

Those are pretty sweet looking irons. Always with the eye candy!

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Skip the B.S and rebag the 33's. your wasting your time and money, it doesn't get better than those.

Omen,
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Sweet looking blades!!! Judging your bag now: are you a Tittie fan ?
    "I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine."

Driver: Nak NP-1 9.5* Graphite Design Tour AD I-65 stiff
    3-wood: Alpha V5 15* Fujikura Rombax 7W06 stiff
    Irons: Miura Tournament Blades i2-PW TT DG S300
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-R 52* and 56* True Temper S300
    Putter: Scotty Cameron American Classic VII Napa Custom
    Ball: Taylormade TP red LDP

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner
    Sweet looking blades!!! Judging your bag now: are you a Tittie fan ?
    yes, i have loved titties all my life

yes, i have loved titties all my life
    Somehow I believe you.. :-)

But seriously, beej, why do the titleist thing? You know you're coming back to mizz eventually..

Oh, I saw a terrific condition set of 690MB today for $229 with S300s. Bag chatter, sure, but clubfaces were all superb, even the wedge. Lots of time in the car trunk but not much time at the range. Thought about it. Remembered I have the MP14s AND a set of S300s and figured the money is better spend merging those two. Very little design diff between MP14 and 690MB.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Somehow I believe you.. :-)

But seriously, beej, why do the titleist thing? You know you're coming back to mizz eventually..

Oh, I saw a terrific condition set of 690MB today for $229 with S300s. Bag chatter, sure, but clubfaces were all superb, even the wedge. Lots of time in the car trunk but not much time at the range. Thought about it. Remembered I have the MP14s AND a set of S300s and figured the money is better spend merging those two. Very little design diff between MP14 and 690MB.
    C-mon Dave. You can never have too many blades, even if the designs are similar (nearly all musclebacks are) They still have their individual quirks. They are quality clubs, and can be bought so cheaply because no-one wants them.....sad really. All the poor hackers are conned into buying and playing expensive shovels when all they really need to do is learn how to improve their swing.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    C-mon Dave. You can never have too many blades, even if the designs are similar (nearly all musclebacks are) They still have their individual quirks. They are quality clubs, and can be bought so cheaply because no-one wants them.....sad really. All the poor hackers are conned into buying and playing expensive shovels when all they really need to do is learn how to improve their swing.
    .....or the hackers that were conned into buying blades they can't hit, based on how much talent they have, and/or the time, effort, and expense they can or are willing to expend. In all fairness, used blades from players like these would also show up for sale on e-bay.....

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    .....or the hackers that were conned into buying blades they can't hit, based on how much talent they have, and/or the time, effort, and expense they can or are willing to expend. In all fairness, used blades from players like these would also show up for sale on e-bay.....
    Which is precisely why these quality forged clubs can be had so cheaply; and as you said earlier on Sooners Mizuno thread, you only live once and if it dosen't cost much to try, why not have a go?
    I understand your viewpoint on this blades issue (I play players cavitys as well myself) but variety is the spice of life and playing blades can be fun and educational as well as frustrating. Pros and cons.....
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Which is precisely why these quality forged clubs can be had so cheaply; and as you said earlier on Sooners Mizuno thread, you only live once and if it dosen't cost much to try, why not have a go?
    I understand your viewpoint on this blades issue (I play players cavitys as well myself) but variety is the spice of life and playing blades can be fun and educational as well as frustrating. Pros and cons.....
    Honestly, I don't care at all what people choose to play, or try. I just get annoyed when some take dogmatic positions and try to emotionally bludgeon people into accepting their point of view. One of the few things I am dogmatic about is that I hate dogmatism.

Honestly, I don't care at all what people choose to play, or try. I just get annoyed when some take dogmatic positions and try to emotionally bludgeon people into accepting their point of view. One of the few things I am dogmatic about is that I hate dogmatism.

This is why I like you DM, even if we disagree more often than not. At least we disagree for the same reasons...

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

btw, i'm not switching anything, this was a flame thread to draw out DM & fred, but fred never took the bait. i guess i'm not Nah

ps. my irons kick arse, don't need to change them.

Last edited by bjdrivers; 03-22-2009 at 06:38 AM.

btw, i'm not switching anything, this was a flame thread to draw out DM & fred, but fred never took the bait. i guess i'm not Nah

I guess I'll have to start another Kenny Perry thread. There is at least one person on this board who always bites.....

By the way, you really "got me good" on this one.....
    Here is a recap of the DM posts on this thread

1. "Go for it. If it doens't work out, you can get a good portion of your money back, anyway. It's only money, and you only live once.

I satisfied myself with a couple of demo sessions. Others may need to take the actual blade purchase plunge to learn the truth. Some can hit 'em, but most can't......"

2. ".....or the hackers that were conned into buying blades they can't hit, based on how much talent they have, and/or the time, effort, and expense they can or are willing to expend. In all fairness, used blades from players like these would also show up for sale on e-bay....."

3. "Honestly, I don't care at all what people choose to play, or try. I just get annoyed when some take dogmatic positions and try to emotionally bludgeon people into accepting their point of view. One of the few things I am dogmatic about is that I hate dogmatism."

Yeah, you really got me going into a mouth frothing hysteria on this thread. You should congratulate yourself. It is doubtful anyone else will......

well the 681's look good enough for anyone to wanna switch to em... lol...

but i would say that my fav blades would be the 660's they are amazing looking...

I guess I'll have to start another Kenny Perry thread. There is at least one person on this board who always bites.....

By the way, you really "got me good" on this one.....
    Here is a recap of the DM posts on this thread

1. "Go for it. If it doens't work out, you can get a good portion of your money back, anyway. It's only money, and you only live once.

I satisfied myself with a couple of demo sessions. Others may need to take the actual blade purchase plunge to learn the truth. Some can hit 'em, but most can't......"

2. ".....or the hackers that were conned into buying blades they can't hit, based on how much talent they have, and/or the time, effort, and expense they can or are willing to expend. In all fairness, used blades from players like these would also show up for sale on e-bay....."

3. "Honestly, I don't care at all what people choose to play, or try. I just get annoyed when some take dogmatic positions and try to emotionally bludgeon people into accepting their point of view. One of the few things I am dogmatic about is that I hate dogmatism."

Yeah, you really got me going into a mouth frothing hysteria on this thread. You should congratulate yourself. It is doubtful anyone else will......

[QUOTE=bjdrivers]btw, i'm not switching anything, this was a flame thread to draw out DM & fred, but fred never took the bait. i guess i'm not Nah

BJ, if your aim is to draw out Fred3 you will may do better with another subject. In observing his few recent posts, if you start a homophobic thread on the evils of gay rights you will probably have a better chance.

I like the 690MB with that hard ridge of muscle behind the centerline... then again, I like the MP14 for the exact same reason... I can play with blades, no doubt about it.. I'm just so entranced at present with the combo of shaft/length/weight on my Adams Idea Pro Forged that I hesitate to go through the slow, painful fitting process again just to play blades..

but you'll notice I have yet to get rid of them. :-)

I still have a baggable set of 1975 Tour Blades, 1980 FG17s and 1991 FG51s, all in gorgeous shape and begging to be shafted, trimmed and swingweighted to suit me. I REALLY like the look of the 51 head at address... Wilson did know how to make a golf club back then, that's for sure...

I think I'd even choose the Wilson FG51 over the MP14 if I were to go about building/fitting again.. too busy right now, but there's always hope.. :-)

meanwhile I"ll keep paddling away with my Depends-wearing, Viagra-needing, Stogie chomping Old Man Adams irons... the best set of clubs I've ever had.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

apparantly you got annoyed, and you spent time copying/pasting your posts, so that's good enough for me
    It took me about 2 minutes to do that, though I realize it would have taken you 15 or 20. It really wasn't as big a sacrifice or an homage as you might imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    well the 681's look good enough for anyone to wanna switch to em... lol...

but i would say that my fav blades would be the 660's they are amazing looking...
    So you finally acknowledge that the engraving on your cast SGI oversized POS hacker shovels is heresy and in no way describes the club.

DM, some friendly advice. Quit while you're behind. BJ got you real good and trying to deny this truth only digs your hole deeper.

Thread Information