|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Bye Bye Mizuno, Say Hello To Titleist

    Bonjour from Rosbif


    I have been reading with great interest Mr Perkins convertion to Mizuno irons and his near epiphany to all that is GFF.

    I am very sorry to say the opposite has happened to me over the last month. I have had a near biblical convertion to all that is Titleist. I have been watching a set of 695MB's that were on a UK golf shops website. Brand new, 2 degrees upright, 2 - PW fitted with Nippon NS Pro 100 Reg. They were vastly overpriced so i decided to wait. Lo and behold they go into the sale and are half price. HALF PRICE!. So, being too good too miss i snapped them up. What a bargain, what a set of clubs. Blows the MP33's into the weeds (although not so i will sell them ). The lofts are very traditional and the look is sublime. Shafts are some of the nicest i have ever used. I am in love

    I wont bore you with range reports, other than to say they perform like they look, perfection. This for me has been like dumping the girlfriend that you thought was your soulmate to discover the hot new French whore. 2009 will be a year of filth and Titleist porn.

    So au revoir staid, dull, do it in the dark with the curtains shut Mizuno, hello to filthy, hot rampant Titleist.

    Au Revoir

    Rosbif
    Cobra driver, Thragina, Numerous hybrids, Ping irons, Odyssey putter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oak Valley
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    25
    Shame on you for your dangerous thinking, independent of the herd. You will be severely chastised for this offense against conformity to the drumbeat of the GFF drones. Heretic!!!!!
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    sounds like you & i had the same epiphany rosbif. i got really, really filthy with the french whore....
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    sounds like you & i had the same epiphany rosbif. i got really, really filthy with the french whore....
    Bonjour

    Titleist sale pute, elle est pour lui la mendicité

    Rosbif
    Cobra driver, Thragina, Numerous hybrids, Ping irons, Odyssey putter

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Monkey Manor V.C.
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    11
    Good for you Rosbif . It just goes to show you , different strokes for different folks. Enjoy your titlist irons . But I bet youll be putting those 33s back in your bag after say 3-6 months. I once heard that if it aint broke dont fix / fk with it.
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ProStatus
    Good for you Rosbif . It just goes to show you , different strokes for different folks. Enjoy your titlist irons . But I bet youll be putting those 33s back in your bag after say 3-6 months. I once heard that if it aint broke dont fix / fk with it.
    A great sage once said "never say never again", or was that a James Bond film?? I will not dispose of them because like all new lovers the novelty can wear off and then your ex pops back on the scene. You remember that great hot sex you used to have and Ba Ba BOOM you are riding those 33's for all they are worth and the 695's are yesterdays cast offs.

    MP33's are like women, cant live without them, cant leave them in the gutter when you've finished with them.

    Au Reviour

    Rosbif
    Cobra driver, Thragina, Numerous hybrids, Ping irons, Odyssey putter

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    i've already sold my 33's on fleaBay. for $50 more than i paid for them
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    i've already sold my 33's on fleaBay. for $50 more than i paid for them
    Bonjour

    Thats brave....

    Looking at your setup you appear to be a mobile advert for Titleist. I salute you for your 1 make loyalty sir.

    Bravo et continuez votre bon travail

    Au revior

    Rosbif
    Cobra driver, Thragina, Numerous hybrids, Ping irons, Odyssey putter

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oak Valley
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    i've already sold my 33's on fleaBay. for $50 more than i paid for them
    Why did you sell them, other than to make a stupendous profit?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bear Creek DFW
    Posts
    3,741
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    i've already sold my 33's on fleaBay. for $50 more than i paid for them

    America... wot a country!
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pawleys Plantation
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    13
    i've already sold my 33's on fleaBay. for $50 more than i paid for them
    I know I bought them so I could meet you in Branson Mo and beat the sh it out of you with them. You were never a loyal GFF fanatic

    GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

    "There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

    Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    you're right. i'm a traitor convicted of GFF high treason. and i love it
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pawleys Plantation
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    13
    Now you're tried, convicted and sentenced to five years of hard labor in the GFF penal colony where you will be known as Bubba Joe Ann and your roommates name will be Bubba.

    Don't mess with the GFF movement

    GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

    "There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

    Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    you're right. i'm a traitor convicted of GFF high treason. and i love it
    Bonjour BJ

    I stand by you as a heretic my colonial cousin. Titleist is the new Mizuno, say it loud and say it proud.

    Au revior

    Rosbif
    Cobra driver, Thragina, Numerous hybrids, Ping irons, Odyssey putter

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15
    BJ, you've gotta be joking!! A bag full of Titleist! Never thought I'd see the day! Your GFF fundamentalist cronies must be having kittens!
    Seriously though there is room for all. I've played 33s and 695s and love them both.
    Currently the J33bs are in the bag. They are sweet small headed beauties...play well to.
    Like women, there are too many fish in the sea to be married to one your whole life!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Monkey Manor V.C.
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    11
    LMFAO................This Rosbif/ Roastbeef character is funny..................Always sayin BONJOUR. I bet he isnt even French..Fkin Bonjour....lol. I dont Know 1 french dude thats good or even reasonable at golf . But who am I to say
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    BJ, you've gotta be joking!! A bag full of Titleist! Never thought I'd see the day! Your GFF fundamentalist cronies must be having kittens!
    Seriously though there is room for all. I've played 33s and 695s and love them both.
    Currently the J33bs are in the bag. They are sweet small headed beauties...play well to.
    Like women, there are too many fish in the sea to be married to one your whole life!
    OP:

    when i first joined GR, i had a whole bag of titties.

    983K
    975F
    704.cb irons
    vokey oil can wedges
    scotty SD putter.

    i've come full circle & wasted a few years trying other crap
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    OP:

    when i first joined GR, i had a whole bag of titties.

    983K
    975F
    704.cb irons
    vokey oil can wedges
    scotty SD putter.

    i've come full circle & wasted a few years trying other crap
    Fair enough BJ. I certainly have changed the clubs I play, that's half the fun and what being a club junkie is all about! I hang on to the sets I play (if I can afford to) they are mainly forged blades with S300 so I can chop and change for fun and still have the same type and look of club in the hand.
    It's a bit harsh calling the previous sets you've played crap!! "Crap" isn't the term that comes to mind when I think of MP33s!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pawleys Plantation
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    13
    i've come full circle & wasted a few years trying other crap
    BJ
    So what are you saying?
    Do you swing both ways?????????

    GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

    "There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

    Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    24

    Whatever happened to GR Titleist Ban?

    Man I am away for a week and a half and look what happens?

    The masses are abandoning the GFF Stable in droves.

    Also BJ Drivers has turned over a new leaf and bagged an entirely new set of clubs. Way to go BJ I'm just a little confused though.

    Isn't there a GR Titleist Ban in force? Or did that expire at midnight on 31 December 2008?
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    BJ
    So what are you saying?
    Do you swing both ways?????????

    GHD
    don't get excited, i don't go for dudes. sorry
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Man I am away for a week and a half and look what happens?

    The masses are abandoning the GFF Stable in droves.

    Also BJ Drivers has turned over a new leaf and bagged an entirely new set of clubs. Way to go BJ I'm just a little confused though.

    Isn't there a GR Titleist Ban in force? Or did that expire at midnight on 31 December 2008?
    yes, the boycott expired on 12/31/08 11:59:59 CST. it's all good in titty land kiwi
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pawleys Plantation
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    13
    don't get excited, i don't go for dudes. sorry
    __________________

    I'am not excited dude one minute you swapping spit with the mizuno GFF elite on this board and the next minute you're taking warm showers with the titleist crew. Have you swung both ways recently, Yes would be the answer
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

    "There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

    Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rio Secco
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    11
    Only a total chopper would bag every club the same brand
    Started golfing June-2008

    Nike Sasquatch 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
    Nike Sasquatch 15* w/True Temper SpeedStep Stiff
    Nike Slingshot OSS 18* w/True Temper Gold Stiff
    Mizuno MP 67 3-P, Project X 6.0
    Cleveland CG 14 52/10, +1"
    Cleveland CG 14 58/10, +1"
    Nike IC 20-20
    Taylormade TP Red

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    yes, the boycott expired on 12/31/08 11:59:59 CST. it's all good in titty land kiwi
    The thing that amazes me is the way you are able to replace your ENTIRE bag in one fell swoop. I can understand you swapping out the 33's for the 690's but to also bag a new driver, fairway wood, hybrid plus all 3 wedges in a week is unreal.

    Did you bid/buy them all separately or find one dude on E-Bay selling the lot as a package?
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    The thing that amazes me is the way you are able to replace your ENTIRE bag in one fell swoop. I can understand you swapping out the 33's for the 690's but to also bag a new driver, fairway wood, hybrid plus all 3 wedges in a week is unreal.

    Did you bid/buy them all separately or find one dude on E-Bay selling the lot as a package?
    lol no i was just waiting till i had everything to update my sig. it's been a 2 month process. i already had the fairway & hybrid. i actually made money selling the 33s & 588 wedges. eBay is a funny thing. luckily my specs are all standard length/lie on all my clubs (34" putter) so there's no fitting process involved. i just didn't get the performance out of the rifle shafts that i do the S300s. (too low/boring ball flight on the mid/long irons)

    this is the first driver i've had with the ys-6 shaft. i demo'd it at a local range & liked the accuracy a lot, it was on clearance, in very good condition so i grabbed it. not as flimsy feeling as the PING shaft on the G5. the 905R has a more (i just killed that one) feel to it as well, although is not as forgving on off center hits as the G5.

    but to answer all questions, no my dad didn't get anything this time he likes his callaway shovels.

    i've always liked the studio style putters since i demo'd one a couple years ago, just had never seriously looked for one until now. i'm excited about 2009, wish spring would hurry up & get here!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    lol no i was just waiting till i had everything to update my sig. it's been a 2 month process. i already had the fairway & hybrid. i actually made money selling the 33s & 588 wedges. eBay is a funny thing. luckily my specs are all standard length/lie on all my clubs (34" putter) so there's no fitting process involved. i just didn't get the performance out of the rifle shafts that i do the S300s. (too low/boring ball flight on the mid/long irons)

    this is the first driver i've had with the ys-6 shaft. i demo'd it at a local range & liked the accuracy a lot, it was on clearance, in very good condition so i grabbed it. not as flimsy feeling as the PING shaft on the G5. the 905R has a more (i just killed that one) feel to it as well, although is not as forgving on off center hits as the G5.

    but to answer all questions, no my dad didn't get anything this time he likes his callaway shovels.

    i've always liked the studio style putters since i demo'd one a couple years ago, just had never seriously looked for one until now. i'm excited about 2009, wish spring would hurry up & get here!
    Ah I see, all is revealed.

    Good luck with the new sticks. However do you think you'll ever get to play with them? I mean will spring arrive soon enough before you get bitten by the Club Ho/E-Bay bug and replace the ENTIRE bag again?
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Ah I see, all is revealed.

    Good luck with the new sticks. However do you think you'll ever get to play with them? I mean will spring arrive soon enough before you get bitten by the Club Ho/E-Bay bug and replace the ENTIRE bag again?
    yeah yeah i knew i'd hear that ho'ing clubs is fun but it does get old. you can't really settle into any consistency doing it. i need to stop it. plus it gets on my wife's nerves. but she did say i had finally got a good-looking golf bag.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Dunes, Bandon, OR
    Posts
    5,472
    Rep Power
    19
    Is she a golf expert or is it just based on appearances?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight
    Only a total chopper would bag every club the same brand
    i agree 120%!!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Is she a golf expert or is it just based on appearances?
    ha, it would be the latter. she's tried to play golf before. after 3 or 4 whiffs, she got pretty frustrated.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,934
    Rep Power
    27
    Love my Newport 2. It's been in the bag a long time. What headcover do you have on it?

    Not sure I believe the part about not dumping more of your clubs on your poor old dad.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Love my Newport 2. It's been in the bag a long time. What headcover do you have on it?

    Not sure I believe the part about not dumping more of your clubs on your poor old dad.
    titleist script cover

    http://images.acushnetgolf.com/is/im...FlagHeadcover?

    mine has all black paintfill w/ black cameron grip.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,934
    Rep Power
    27
    I have a stock, pre-insert Newport 2 with this headcover.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I have a stock, pre-insert Newport 2 with this headcover.
    my daughter would love that. of course she'd rip it to shreds, but she'd love it.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oak Valley
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I have a stock, pre-insert Newport 2 with this headcover.
    I'll pay you $750 for that headcover. I know you'd be losing money on the deal, but remember, it isn't brand new any more, and I DON'T want to get outbid on e-bay......
    Last edited by dorkman53; 01-02-2009 at 05:53 PM.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    I'll pay you $750 for that headcover. I know you'd be losing money on the deal, but remember, it isn't brand new any more, and I DON'T want to get outbid on e-bay......
    please brian, 750 wouldn't even make the starting bid!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    27
    BJ, what can I say. I can't help but be sorry for your momentary lapse of reason, but I'm sure you will come to your senses soon enough. It's like your resliution to stop flaming, it just doesn't make sense.

    At least the new sticks have a decent shaft in them. I'd bet that if you had the S300's in the Mizzies I wouldn't be typing this post though. Did you at least try a set of Mizzies with S300's?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tanglewood (Champions)
    Posts
    3,567
    Rep Power
    17
    BJ when you first joined GR i remember you had CG1's... don't be lying to us now... it wasnt till later on that you had the titleist gear..

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    BJ when you first joined GR i remember you had CG1's... don't be lying to us now... it wasnt till later on that you had the titleist gear..
    oh ok, well before the cg1s i had the 704's. i guess i wasn't a member then.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tanglewood (Champions)
    Posts
    3,567
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    oh ok, well before the cg1s i had the 704's. i guess i wasn't a member then.
    haha idk im just messin with ya...

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    haha idk im just messin with ya...
    when you ho as much as i have you tend for forget
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    18
    Friend that I golf with switched a few weeks back from Ping i10s to Titleist AP2 irons. He loves the switch and he use to be a reverent Ping player. He now has an all Titleist bag from the driver to the irons to the Vokey wedges. I hit a few of the irons, but I didn't like them as well as my MP52s. To each his own I guess. I respect other people's choices in clubs. We are not all the same and we are above all fortunate to have so many choices to choose from these days. I hope you enjoy your choice of clubs . . . .

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Friend that I golf with switched a few weeks back from Ping i10s to Titleist AP2 irons. He loves the switch and he use to be a reverent Ping player. He now has an all Titleist bag from the driver to the irons to the Vokey wedges. I hit a few of the irons, but I didn't like them as well as my MP52s. To each his own I guess. I respect other people's choices in clubs. We are not all the same and we are above all fortunate to have so many choices to choose from these days. I hope you enjoy your choice of clubs . . . .
    Dude, I applaud your choice of clubs, but I must tell you that this post is sounding a little too Shittalky for most people's liking. In future throw in the occassional 'hacker's shovels', 'GFF', 'gaybrids', 'cast SGI CB POS shovels' or add on a derogatory comment about Sergio, Phil Mickelson or Kenny Perry and your comments will be taken much more seriously by the mainstream GR population. Paying homage to John Daly will also bring you instant credibility with those that matter around here.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Friend that I golf with switched a few weeks back from Ping i10s to Titleist AP2 irons. He loves the switch and he use to be a reverent Ping player. He now has an all Titleist bag from the driver to the irons to the Vokey wedges. I hit a few of the irons, but I didn't like them as well as my MP52s. To each his own I guess. I respect other people's choices in clubs. We are not all the same and we are above all fortunate to have so many choices to choose from these days. I hope you enjoy your choice of clubs . . . .
    ok, one of 2 things describe this post:

    1. it was copied/pasted from shottalk or golfwrx
    2. dorkman has hacked your account

    i will summarize your post to make it GR compatible.

    "dude that i golf with, who is obviously a weekend muni sod-layer, switched his CAST POS PING SHOVELS for some FORGED CHOPPER TITLEIST POS PADDLES. i'm a player, so i game some mizzy mp's. to each his own i guess, but my friend may as well add some gaybrids & a 48" putter to his alternative lifestyle bag."

    there, much better. you're welcome
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    ok, one of 2 things describe this post:

    1. it was copied/pasted from shottalk or golfwrx
    2. dorkman has hacked your account

    i will summarize your post to make it GR compatible.

    "dude that i golf with, who is obviously a weekend muni sod-layer, switched his CAST POS PING SHOVELS for some FORGED CHOPPER TITLEIST POS PADDLES. i'm a player, so i game some mizzy mp's. to each his own i guess, but my friend may as well add some gaybrids & a 48" putter to his alternative lifestyle bag."

    there, much better. you're welcome
    Ahhh, now I understand what he was trying to say. I think there are a few posts that need to be translated from shittalk to GR speak. Good editing job BJ.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oak Valley
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers

    "dude that i golf with, who is obviously a weekend muni sod-layer, switched his CAST POS PING SHOVELS for some FORGED CHOPPER TITLEIST POS PADDLES. i'm a player, so i game some mizzy mp's. to each his own i guess, but my friend may as well add some gaybrids & a 48" putter to his alternative lifestyle bag."
    You are sadly in need of new material.

    Your total lack of original thought is becoming quite predictable, mundane, and utterly stale.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    You are sadly in need of new material.

    Your total lack of original thought is becoming quite predictable, mundane, and utterly stale.
    lol, you've typed this exact type of response about 100 times now. who's in need of new material?
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Ahhh, now I understand what he was trying to say. I think there are a few posts that need to be translated from shittalk to GR speak. Good editing job BJ.
    thank you NaH, some old codgers (i won't say names) on this board don't respect my authority on this subject, it's good to get quality feedback from veterans like yourself.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oak Valley
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    lol, you've typed this exact type of response about 100 times now. who's in need of new material?
    No, that was mostly to Omen, who is now strangely silent. However, you saw the need, and came to the forefront in a timely fashion, to assume the mantle of official and undisputed village idiot.

    As long as there are ignorant, mindless loudmouths on the board who try to endlessly and boringly badger people to buy clubs they may or may not need or benefit from their use, I will speak. Lunacy and bad advice will be exposed for what it is.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 01-04-2009 at 09:09 PM.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

  51. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    27
    I think it's ironic that for someone who claims to bring intelligence and diversity to this forum, the most interest and interaction DM ever created on GR came during a five or so day period when he wasn't even logged on or making any posts.

    But we may have to confirm with Edgey and other experts if that actually falls within the accepted definition of irony.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  52. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oak Valley
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I think it's ironic that for someone who claims to bring intelligence and diversity to this forum, the most interest and interaction DM ever created on GR came during a five or so day period when he wasn't even logged on or making any posts.

    But we may have to confirm with Edgey and other experts if that actually falls within the accepted definition of irony.
    Perhaps if I went on a verbal crusade, expounding endlessly on the virtues of a particular product brand, I could achieve legendary and eternal iconic status on this board. I think I'll choose Golf Pride grips as my mantra. Everyone who wants to truly learn the game should use Golf Pride grips; no other alternatives are to be allowed, upon pain of having one's sexual identity questioned. Perhaps a different brand could be chosen, if it were found out that Tiger did not play that particular grip. Whatever grip Tiger uses should be the standard. Clearly if he uses it, it must be the right grip for me. Oh, Tiger doesn't use that grip any more? No problem, logic would not be my strong suit anyway......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

  53. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Perhaps if I went on a verbal crusade, expounding endlessly on the virtues of a particular product brand, I could achieve legendary and eternal iconic status on this board. I think I'll choose Golf Pride grips as my mantra. Everyone who wants to truly learn the game should use Golf Pride grips; no other alternatives are to be allowed, upon pain of having one's sexual identity questioned. Perhaps a different brand could be chosen, if it were found out that Tiger did not play that particular grip. Whatever grip Tiger uses should be the standard. Clearly if he uses it, it must be the right grip for me. Oh, Tiger doesn't use that grip any more? No problem, logic would not be my strong suit anyway......
    there's still hope for you yet DM. glad to see we've finally talked some sense into you.

    btw, winn & lamkin grips are flaming gay!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  54. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Perhaps if I went on a verbal crusade, expounding endlessly on the virtues of a particular product brand, I could achieve legendary and eternal iconic status on this board. I think I'll choose Golf Pride grips as my mantra. Everyone who wants to truly learn the game should use Golf Pride grips; no other alternatives are to be allowed, upon pain of having one's sexual identity questioned. Perhaps a different brand could be chosen, if it were found out that Tiger did not play that particular grip. Whatever grip Tiger uses should be the standard. Clearly if he uses it, it must be the right grip for me. Oh, Tiger doesn't use that grip any more? No problem, logic would not be my strong suit anyway......
    Cosign on the Golf Pride grips, but this is nothing new. It's well known that GP Multi Decades are the only acceptable grips (anything full cord as well). Winn grips of any style are POS chopper grips and don't get me started on Lampkin. Nice try, Brian, but you're a little late on the grip crusade. I'm not sure there is an official glove choice on GR, but for my money, anyone not playing a Footjoy Stasof is a total sod-laying chopper.
    Pick a cause and make it your own.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  55. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Cosign on the Golf Pride grips, but this is nothing new. It's well known that GP Multi Decades are the only acceptable grips (anything full cord as well). Winn grips of any style are POS chopper grips and don't get me started on Lampkin. Nice try, Brian, but you're a little late on the grip crusade. I'm not sure there is an official glove choice on GR, but for my money, anyone not playing a Footjoy Stasof is a total sod-laying chopper.
    Pick a cause and make it your own.
    agreed, but you know as well as i do that the mastergrip elite is the cadillac of chopper gloves.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  56. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    agreed, but you know as well as i do that the mastergrip elite is the cadillac of chopper gloves.
    I'm off Mastergrip now. They are great for about two rounds but they stretch.
    That's hilarious how we both said Lampkin and Winn are gay.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  57. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,934
    Rep Power
    27
    Noone in their right mind would disagree that Lamkin and Winn grips are gay. It's virtually a physical law. The only question is how much gayer Winn grips are.

    I think it's time someone brought up those ball washers alot of courses have where you're supposed to grab onto this little shiny black ball, pull it up, stick your ball in the hole, and then pump it up and down, up and down, then pull it out of the hole and dry it off with a stupid little imitation towel that's attached. If you don't think that's gay, read that last sentences a couple more times.

    Do you ever recall Nicklaus, Hogan, Palmer, Bobby Jones, Tiger, or any of their caddies doing this? Of course not, they were and are all real men.

    Real men use damp towels.

  58. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Noone in their right mind would disagree that Lamkin and Winn grips are gay. It's virtually a physical law. The only question is how much gayer Winn grips are.

    I think it's time someone brought up those ball washers alot of courses have where you're supposed to grab onto this little shiny black ball, pull it up, stick your ball in the hole, and then pump it up and down, up and down, then pull it out of the hole and dry it off with a stupid little imitation towel that's attached. If you don't think that's gay, read that last sentences a couple more times.

    Do you ever recall Nicklaus, Hogan, Palmer, Bobby Jones, Tiger, or any of their caddies doing this? Of course not, they were and are all real men.

    Real men use damp towels.
    no, but i've seen kenny perry's caddy do it a number of times. after putting the iron cover back onto one of his r7 shovels of course.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  59. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    27
    When I got my Mizzies the previous owner had committed the crime of putting Lamkin grips on them. The first thing I did was swap them. They are not only gay, but completely dysfunctional. The term Lamkin grip is an oxymoron in my opinion. I'm not so against Winn grips as Lamkin, but I agree they are chopper grips for irons. They make decent putter grips though.

    As for gloves, I go the same way as my irons. Nothing but Mizuno tech-flex gloves for me.

    Lorenzo, are you saying real men spend their time playing with dirty balls? Nifty Niblick may take offense to such a flagrant homophobic statement.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  60. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,934
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Lorenzo, are you saying real men spend their time playing with dirty balls?
    No, they just don't use a bidet to clean them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Titleist vs. Mizuno
    By Cenudo_Segador in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM
  2. TM R7 CGB max vs Titleist 735 CB vs Mizuno Mx 900
    By alvin in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 08:14 AM
  3. Titleist vs Mizuno
    By STrIKe in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 12:36 PM
  4. Titleist DCI vs. Mizuno
    By Bravo35223 in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 11:36 AM
  5. Titleist 681 vs. Mizuno MP-14
    By titleist944 in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 06:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •