|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Witb 2009

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

Witb 2009

Could the mods kindly make this a sticky? Post pics of your 2009 gear here. (The GR version of golfWRX) I'm really looking forward to spring.

Last edited by bjdrivers; 01-10-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Can I just link my 2008 setup? How about my 2007 setup? Old dawgs never need new sticks. I see that you picked up a Titleist sponsorship... why else would you play that swag?
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

lol that's a pretty weak flame attempt dorkman, i mean neverman. good to see you're still alive though.

I'm not posting any pics. People who post pictures of their golf clubs are retarded at best. Good day.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I'm not posting any pics. People who post pictures of their golf clubs are retarded at best. Good day.
    you don't have to HB, the pic of your putting follow-thru was more than enough

Bj, that is the prettiest bag I've seen in a long time. Shouldn't you be posing with it? It almost looks like the plastic should still be on those drivers and irons. You really should get out and put some scratches on those clubs.

That's a bit rude Poe. Do you know how log BJ spends polishing them?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

BJ and his pictures give new meaning to the term 'sticky'.

P.S. How are you finding the YS6 in the driver Beej?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Beej, since there's a new club going in and out of your bag almost every day, I hope you're using clubhead covers.

lol, good flaming guys, i opened the door for it with this thread.

don't worry poe, everything in that bag is used from fleabay, they show plenty of wear, the camera doesn't really pick it up. headcovers are gay zo, you should know that.

only stipulation i have about used clubs: playable grips, no skymarks on woods.

the irons still have the titleist cord grips which are in very good condition. i got lucky there. gotta replace the wedge grips soon though. they have gay winns.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    BJ and his pictures give new meaning to the term 'sticky'.

P.S. How are you finding the YS6 in the driver Beej?
    first time i've had it in the driver, really liked the trajectory on the 3 wood, so i thought i'd try it. gives a high, towering type of flight, but doesn't balloon. she'll go left if i get too quick with my swing though. as long as i keep my usual rhythm, i get a high baby fade with lots of carry. i wouldn't recommend this shaft for a a quick, whippy tempo, but it's great for smooth swingers.

the 905R is one of the few 460cc drivers that doesn't look like a volvo on a stick. much easier on the eyes. the solid feel is what i like the best.
    Last edited by bjdrivers; 01-13-2009 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    first time i've had it in the driver, really liked the trajectory on the 3 wood, so i thought i'd try it. gives a high, towering type of flight, but doesn't balloon. she'll go left if i get too quick with my swing though. as long as i keep my usual rhythm, i get a high baby fade with lots of carry. i wouldn't recommend this shaft for a a quick, whippy tempo, but it's great for smooth swingers.

the 905R is one of the few 460cc drivers that doesn't look like a volvo on a stick. much easier on the eyes. the solid feel is what i like the best.
    I found that problem with an old v-foil eyeomatic I once had with a YS6+ in it. I thought it may have been a closed face problem as well as a shaft issue, but I did hit alot of hooks when the shaft felt whippy. I could hit it straight when I kept my tempo nice and smooth, but my natural swing with the driver is a little on the violent side so I need a boardier shaft with less play in the tip. The sales guy said the Pershing is GD's most solid shaft and should suit my game. Time will tell.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

A mans bag:

2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

GA, somebody sold you a bag full shite, you have to stand on the wrong side of the ball to hit those things.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    GA, somebody sold you a bag full shite, you have to stand on the wrong side of the ball to hit those things.
    No, YOU have to stand on the wrong side of the ball. Ya damn lemming.

Nice pictures

God I missed you guys. Been a long winter. GA, thats a dildo, not a putter grip.
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

For the guy livin the dream at the SPCC my gamers as of now.

Last edited by lblack14; 02-23-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Here today, GONE tomorrow!

My other set up with New driver irons and wedges.

Last edited by lblack14; 02-23-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Lblack14,
    Think we'll be open on Wednesday 2/25? I've really got to get at least 9 holes in by the end of the month.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I wish I could help ya HB. Do they keep you folks privy to the situations on the Golf course and goings on related to crew?

Quote Originally Posted by lblack14
    I wish I could help ya HB. Do they keep you folks privy to the situations on the Golf course and goings on related to crew?
    Not me particularly. What happened?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Ya know they fired Mike back in September and I guess they told Ted(new super)it was because of course conditions from what I've gotten talking to him, but I know it was all about the Benjamins. Anyway, we were told bussiness as usual and nobody's jobs were in jepoardy and Ted said he wasn't there to fire people and affect folks family lives. Well BS!!! I was told the day after Thanksgiving that "today's your last day" NO Warning from Ted nothing. As a matter of fact he never said sh*t to me, had John(the assistant) do it. Ted came in late that day with his kids and avoided me at all cost. I was told Ted wanted my phone number for call back in March, but since I've been gone, the mechanic is gone(23 yrs), John(been there over 40 yrs) is gone and 2 other full time guys(both over 10 yrs). I, to this day, don't know if I have a job there or not. I called Charlie and spoke to him about the situation and he played the "I don't know what's going on" card with me. Like I'm supposed to believe that. We were told they are gonna take down 80-125 mature trees this winter and started the process while I was there so plenty of work. Another lie as far as plenty of work. Made the 3 guys still there all take pay cuts also. Alot of Chaos from what I've been told talking to guys that are still there. Ted is VERY Arrogant. I've been doing this for over 20 years and I know a bit about the goings on of running a golf course and he didn't give the respect due to guys who have many years of experience. One of the full timers let go had been a Super for over 30 yrs. and believe me, none of us were getting rich!

Look I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my name concerning this as I've not had much luck in the jobmarket and may have to see if I still have a job there. I'm fotunate enough to be able to stay on a course regardless of money.

If ya play Wednsday, be careful, the grounds frozen. ;-)

Ya know they fired Mike back in September and I guess they told Ted(new super)it was because of course conditions from what I've gotten talking to him, but I know it was all about the Benjamins. Anyway, we were told bussiness as usual and nobody's jobs were in jepoardy and Ted said he wasn't there to fire people and affect folks family lives. Well BS!!! I was told the day after Thanksgiving that "today's your last day" NO Warning from Ted nothing. As a matter of fact he never said sh*t to me, had John(the assistant) do it. Ted came in late that day with his kids and avoided me at all cost. I was told Ted wanted my phone number for call back in March, but since I've been gone, the mechanic is gone(23 yrs), John(been there over 40 yrs) is gone and 2 other full time guys(both over 10 yrs). I, to this day, don't know if I have a job there or not. I called Charlie and spoke to him about the situation and he played the "I don't know what's going on" card with me. Like I'm supposed to believe that. We were told they are gonna take down 80-125 mature trees this winter and started the process while I was there so plenty of work. Another lie as far as plenty of work. Made the 3 guys still there all take pay cuts also. Alot of Chaos from what I've been told talking to guys that are still there. Ted is VERY Arrogant. I've been doing this for over 20 years and I know a bit about the goings on of running a golf course and he didn't give the respect due to guys who have many years of experience. One of the full timers let go had been a Super for over 30 yrs. and believe me, none of us were getting rich!

Look I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my name concerning this as I've not had much luck in the jobmarket and may have to see if I still have a job there. I'm fotunate enough to be able to stay on a course regardless of money.

If ya play Wednsday, be careful, the grounds frozen. ;-)
    I have a friend in the business who said Ted was arrogant too. Of course, I'm not vested in his arrogance, only whether or not he has the knowledge, staff, money, etc. to keep the course looking good. I've seen firsthand a lot of the trees that have been removed, but I personally don't care about them, except the ones on the left side of 4 green.
    Sorry to hear about work situation. Hopefully you'll catch on either at the SPCC or someplace else soon.
    Charlie is definitely not a straight shooter. That guy tells you what you want to hear to avoid confrontation.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Hey folks. I am new to this forum. (Well I posted here a long time ago when Chris Burton owned this place but things have changed alot since then). Might as well post my bag here.

Ping G-10 9* UST Proforce V2 75 Stiff
    Ping G-10 4 wood UST Proforce V2 HL Stiff
    Ping G-5 16* Hybrid Graffaloy Prolaunch Blue HY X
    Cleveland TA-6 3-PW
    Macgregor VIP 56*
    Cleveland 900 Gunmetal 60*
    Never Compromise GM-2 Putter

I just pulled the switch on a new driver. I haven't been hitting the replacement driver well since I got it back from cally. I went in to check out some new drivers and the replacement driver freq. above 2x-stiff - f'ing callaway. He said it was literally off the chart. I'll be putting the cally on ebay later this week.

I had a full fitting with many drivers. I really liked the new Titleist D3 and the '09 burner. The D3 a bit more consistent for my swing. They had a full fitting cart and tried 4 different shafts that fit my swing speed and launch parameters. I was averaging mid 160's ball speed, swing speed just under 110, launch angle between 14.5* and 15* with low 2000's spin rate. Average ball carried 265+ and would roll out to just over 280. This was using a trackman on an outside driving range and almost 1 year old range balls.

Here's the '08 lineup.

Titleist D3 - VooDoo X-Stiff
    16* Cobra Baffler - Pro Launch Red Stiff
    20* Cobra Baffler - S300
    Titliest 735cm, 3-PW 6.0 Project X
    Titleist Vokey SM 52-08
    Titleist Vokey SM 58-08
    Ping Redwood Anser 303ss

Something NEW has arrived.

Awesome looking sticks Ilblack. I've seen those NP1's advertised in mags, but only in the classifieds at the back so they didn't have large pics of them. Now I've seen them in full colour I appreciate how good they really are. In Oz there are alot of pro's and top amatuers who get fitted for these at a company in Victoria. I can see why now.

Thanks Man. They have DGs200's in them now, but I think I'm gonna reshaft them with some Rifle 5.5's. They look as good in person, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    I just pulled the switch on a new driver. I haven't been hitting the replacement driver well since I got it back from cally. I went in to check out some new drivers and the replacement driver freq. above 2x-stiff - f'ing callaway. He said it was literally off the chart. I'll be putting the cally on ebay later this week.

I had a full fitting with many drivers. I really liked the new Titleist D3 and the '09 burner. The D3 a bit more consistent for my swing. They had a full fitting cart and tried 4 different shafts that fit my swing speed and launch parameters. I was averaging mid 160's ball speed, swing speed just under 110, launch angle between 14.5* and 15* with low 2000's spin rate. Average ball carried 265+ and would roll out to just over 280. This was using a trackman on an outside driving range and almost 1 year old range balls.

Here's the '08 lineup.

Titleist D3 - VooDoo X-Stiff
    16* Cobra Baffler - Pro Launch Red Stiff
    20* Cobra Baffler - S300
    Titliest 735cm, 3-PW 6.0 Project X
    Titleist Vokey SM 52-08
    Titleist Vokey SM 58-08
    Ping Redwood Anser 303ss
    Congrats, I hope you like the D3 as much as I have so far. Looks like you're getting pretty good numbers. I'm similar except with my Rombax I'm getting an absolute ton of roll even on courses that generally don't offer much.

If you're able to test out some aftermarket shafts, you might find some that you could play in stiff that are just as stable for you but would give you greater distance.
    GR lives...

Thanks Lorenzo,

I'm looking forward to it.

I've tried it three times over the last month and tried it many different shafts. Speeder, xcon, diamana, fubuki, graphite design YSQ, and many others. Many had very similar numbers as the Voodoo. But ultimately it came down to the love of the Tom Waits song "goin' out west" lyrics goes something like
    "Well I know karate, Voodoo too
    I got hair on my chest
    I look good without a shirt"

That and I kept pounding drives straight or with a slight draw without big hooks. We'll see though; honey moons are honey moons.

Thanks Man. They have DGs200's in them now, but I think I'm gonna reshaft them with some Rifle 5.5's. They look as good in person, believe me.
    Give the DG's a run first. I've found that DG's seem to work better for blades and player CB's. I think that Nakashima know what They're doing putting those shafts in.

The Nakashima NP1s do look good, but they also look like carbon copies of the Mizuno MP62s. Anybody else catch that?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Thanks Lorenzo,

I'm looking forward to it.

I've tried it three times over the last month and tried it many different shafts. Speeder, xcon, diamana, fubuki, graphite design YSQ, and many others. Many had very similar numbers as the Voodoo. But ultimately it came down to the love of the Tom Waits song "goin' out west" lyrics goes something like
    "Well I know karate, Voodoo too
    I got hair on my chest
    I look good without a shirt"

That and I kept pounding drives straight or with a slight draw without big hooks. We'll see though; honey moons are honey moons.
    A friend just switched out his OEM in a D2 to an aftermarket Speeder. He was using a stiff in the OEM and fit best with a regular in the Speeder. Tip stiffness is what he really needed and to get that in OEM, much of the time you have to go stiffer at the expense of distance and feel. Something to keep in mind for after the honeymoon.

The made for shafts may look the same but they aren't which is a lie on the scale of "yes, I'll pull out first".
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    The Nakashima NP1s do look good, but they also look like carbon copies of the Mizuno MP62s. Anybody else catch that?
    No way. The 62's are far clunkier looking and have undercut cavities. The NP1's are players CB's all the way.

I am new to this forum. 12 Handicap, but play everything with regular shafts....I may be the only one, looking at the posts...

Cobra 2006 F speed 10.5, 5, 7, 9 (there is only 2.5 degrees diff. between their 3 & 5, so I don't need the 3)
    Ping G10 5-UW, Ping iWedges, 56 & 60
    Taylormade TPA X putter (I think this has a stiff shaft, at least-hah)

I hit 4 greens in my last two rounds with my 9 wood, including one that got me closest to the pin in a mens club event. I rarely hit them with a 4 iron, so it works for me. I hit the occasional duck hook with hybrids, so I've replaced them with the high lofted fairway woods.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesll9
    I am new to this forum. 12 Handicap, but play everything with regular shafts....I may be the only one, looking at the posts...

Cobra 2006 F speed 10.5, 5, 7, 9 (there is only 2.5 degrees diff. between their 3 & 5, so I don't need the 3)
    Ping G10 5-UW, Ping iWedges, 56 & 60
    Taylormade TPA X putter (I think this has a stiff shaft, at least-hah)

I hit 4 greens in my last two rounds with my 9 wood, including one that got me closest to the pin in a mens club event. I rarely hit them with a 4 iron, so it works for me. I hit the occasional duck hook with hybrids, so I've replaced them with the high lofted fairway woods.
    Welcome to GR James. You may cop a bit of a ribbing for those high lofted 7 & 9 woods but they've gotta be better than hybrids right?

Some may also refer to your irons as shovels but that is par for the course around here.

To avoid any kind of ribbing and be the ideal GR alpha male you need to play blades with stiff shafts all the way down to a 2 or at least a 3 iron but never mind. We can't all be perfect!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Whats up with the..........

golf product

Top-Flite D2 Dozen Personalized Golf Balls (www.golfip.com)

Top-Flite XL 5000 Dozen Personalized Golf Balls (www.golfip.com)

Top-Flite XL Distance Dozen Personalized Golf Balls (www.golfip.com)

Can't somebody get rid of this FOCKER????

disscount golf product

6. 6 Savant GPS OnPar GPS (www.golfip.com)
    7. 7 Top-Flite Gamer Personalized Golf Balls (www.golfip.com)
    8. 8 Top-Flite Freak Personalized Golf Balls (www.golfip.com)
    9. 9 Top-Flite D2 Dozen Personalized Golf Balls (www.golfip.com)
    10. 10 Top-Flite XL 5000 Dozen Personalized Golf Balls(www.golfip.com)

golf product

CLOSEOUTS (www.golfip.com)
    Drivers
    Fairway Woods (www.golfip.com)
    Complete Sets
    Iron Sets (www.golfip.com)
    Hybrids
    Putters (www.golfip.com)
    Shoes
    Wedges
    Golf Bags
    Golf Balls

discount original oversea review

Free Shipping, 4-7Days To UK , USA !

Options: dropship accept,free shipping fee,no minimum order,sample accept.(Visa or Master Card)!

Titleist 2009 Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome Wedges (www.golfip.com)

TaylorMade r7 TP Irons Steel Shaft (www.golfip.com)

TaylorMade Burner XD Irons (www.golfip.com)

Titleist 2009 Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel Wedges (www.golfip.com)

Cobra Transition-S Irons - Graphite (www.golfip.com)

Titleist 2009 Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can Wedges (www.golfip.com)

disscount golf product

Golf Bags (www.golfip.com)
    Golf Balls
    SHOP BY CATEGORY (www.golfip.com)
    GOLF CLUBS
    Drivers
    Fairway Woods (www.golfip.com)
    Hybrids
    Irons (www.golfip.com)
    Putters
    Wedges (www.golfip.com)

1W: FT-3 Tour 8.5/Aldila NV65 S
    3W: Burner TP 14.5/Rombax S
    5W: 906F4 18.5/ProLaunch Red S
    3~PW: Mizuno MP30/S300 (all 1* flat)
    GW: 52* Mizuno MPR bounce 7*
    LW: 58* Mizuno MPR bounce 10*
    Putter: White Hot #9 (33 inch)

New lineup.

New lineup.
    you gonna take the wrapping off the irons or leave it on for less spin

That pic was taken when they were new, it's off now. Should've left it on the driver, LOL!

I've got an eight year old cell phone that still works great and somewhere in a closet, a big camera bag with an SLR that uses--get this--FILM. Maybe I can get one of the kids, when he or she comes by, to take my 2009 WITB pic.

Anyway, not ready to put it in a sig yet, but baseball opening day and tax day have come and gone and it's seriously golf season. After a winter of self-indulgent, decadent club ho-ing that, if the nuns were right, might add at least 200 years to my purgatory sentence, this is it...for starters.

Nakashima Htec-460 13°,44"/2 ° open driver
    Nakashima Htec-460 15°/42½"/2° closed driver
    Henry-Griffitts RDH 19, 23° fwy mtlwds
    .....above four clubs, UST ProForce V2 HL
    Epon AF-901 19° driving iron
    Miura MC-102 irons (6, 27-47°)
    Fourteen MT-28 J.Spec II 52-5° wedge
    Vokey Spin Milled 58-4° wedge
    .....above nine clubs, Aldila NV Pro 105
    Yes! Carolyne putter
    Bridgestone B330-RX ball

LET THE GAMES (seriously) BEGIN!
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 04-16-2009 at 08:33 AM.

I didn't think Purgatory was an option any more???

I didn't think Purgatory was an option any more???
    Really? I wouldn't know. I've been "lapsed" for a long, long time.

That's what my MIL told me the other day when I was kidding with her about Catholosism(sp?) being the Big Time Wrestling of religions......anything goes.

That's what my MIL told me the other day when I was kidding with her about Catholosism(sp?) being the Big Time Wrestling of religions......anything goes.
    It's true. Silly to take that stuff too seriously, but you can enjoy the trappings on a social level if you're so inclined.

Anyway, I'm too sore to play today. My conditioning is not superb right now. It's all I can do to walk the dog for an hour or so.

Hibore XLS 10.5* s Fuji Gold
    HIbore XLS 15* s Fuji Gold
    Nickent 3DX 20* X100
    MP 30's 4-PW S300
    Vokey 252.08
    Vokey 256.10
    Vokey 260.06
    Yes Tracy
    Now if I could only get more than one round and practice seesion per week. Can I by that off of Ebay. The wife offered me a golf for housework deal. I'm not sure I'm that dedicated.
    Clearly the rules don't apply in this situation.

Thread Information