|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Talking Project X Shafts

Hi, I'm new so please, be patience !!! I'm actually using project X rifle 6.0 shafts on my mizuno mx-25 irons and for my swing i usually high tyhe ball more than average and this shafts feels good but sometimes i feel the clubs too heavy and strong.
    A friend told me that they are a new project x rifle 5.5 mid.high are the solution for me because:
    are a little soft(6.0 is xstif and 5.5 is stiff)
    are a little more light(115 grams intead of 125)
    are made for people like me who high too much the ball

I accept opinions and suggestions about that

Thank You

Alberto

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    hello there Alberto. welcome to golf review! i'm restraining myself because there's a lot i could do with your post, but i did make a new year's resolution after all.

you are correct, the 6 is stiffer than the 5.5's, i think a heavier shaft would help lower your flight a bit, but i believe the mx-25 is an SGI iron? so it's made to help you get the ball up, so you may be counter-acting the purpose by changing the shafts.

there are members on this forum that know men's shafts way more than i do that could help you out.

again, welcome to golf review.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by kokecito
    Hi, I'm new so please, be patience !!! I'm actually using project X rifle 6.0 shafts on my mizuno mx-25 irons and for my swing i usually high tyhe ball more than average and this shafts feels good but sometimes i feel the clubs too heavy and strong.
    A friend told me that they are a new project x rifle 5.5 mid.high are the solution for me because:
    are a little soft(6.0 is xstif and 5.5 is stiff)
    are a little more light(115 grams intead of 125)
    are made for people like me who high too much the ball

I accept opinions and suggestions about that

Thank You

Alberto
    Being patient is probably the last thing you'll find here. Are you sure you were not searching for GolfWRX and made the wrong turn into here?

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    hello there Alberto. welcome to golf review! i'm restraining myself because there's a lot i could do with your post, but i did make a new year's resolution after all.

you are correct, the 6 is stiffer than the 5.5's, i think a heavier shaft would help lower your flight a bit, but i believe the mx-25 is an SGI iron? so it's made to help you get the ball up, so you may be counter-acting the purpose by changing the shafts.

there are a lot more members on this forum that know men's shafts way more than i do that could help you out.

again, welcome to golf review.
    Aww . . . . don't sell yourself short, BJ, you know a lot about men's shafts . . . . . .

You might wanna try switching your iron heads first..

Alberto, if you want lower flight, stiffer shafts with higher kick points (otherwise known as less tip-active shafts) are what you want. If you go to a softer shaft, you will only hit the ball higher.

If you are hitting it too high with MX25 head and 6.0 PX shaft, you need a different head. That head is designed to hit it high. The shaft you're using is really a mid-low flight shaft. That isn't the reason you're hitting it higher than you want.

Dave.. p.s. welcome!
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Smile Changing my Irons

Hi, I'm planning change my mizuno mx-25 with project X 6.0 shaft for Mizunos MP-52.
    Mizuno recomends project X 5.5 but I think that i need 6.0 that's more heavy and help me to keep the ball low.

My question is :
    This MP-52 are new,so are they really good ? playable ? project X 6.0 wiil fit good on ? people who have it what said ?

Thank You

Alberto

Quote Originally Posted by kokecito
    Hi, I'm planning change my mizuno mx-25 with project X 6.0 shaft for Mizunos MP-52.
    Mizuno recomends project X 5.5 but I think that i need 6.0 that's more heavy and help me to keep the ball low.

My question is :
    This MP-52 are new,so are they really good ? playable ? project X 6.0 wiil fit good on ? people who have it what said ?

Thank You

Alberto
    Yes, the MP52s are an excellent iron head. I would recommend you buy them with Exsar Pro Stiff graphite shafts and you will not have to worry about the ball ballooning on you. These sticks have a nice mid high ball flight.

Now, you will have some silly Marys come in here and dissuade you from graphite shafts, but they have never played any graphite shafts of this quality before so their advice is not worth shite. They like to tout playing Dynamic Gold S300 shafts, which are good shafts, but don't be fooled -- they only tout these shafts to disguise the fact that they have tiny penises.

Have Mizuno prepare your clubs for you and find out what lie angle and length of club you need.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Welcome back, Spank.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

MP52. You won't regret. Make sure you get nicks n dings on them just to distinguish its forged character.

Thread Information