|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

At the risk of sounding a little shottalky,

BJ is right to some degree. This place has gone a bit downhill as of late. I don't know if it's the bad weather for the majority of us, the changing of the political guard, or simply apathy, but it seems like every thread has gotten taken to a personal level.
    BJ left. Nibbler left. Camp Freddy, while a hilarious Edgey friend or persona, really has no business on the board. He doesn't golf.
    I'm personally not going to read or respond to threads that have no substance outside of flaming for the time being. No need to respond, just a PSA.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I'm not one to say I told you so..but..a year ago..I told you so.

Perhaps a poll is in order to re examine the current situation on Golf Review.

I knew something was wrong when I posted a pic of me on the golf course with cargo shorts on and it got 0 responses.

That is all.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    BJ is right to some degree. This place has gone a bit downhill as of late. I don't know if it's the bad weather for the majority of us, the changing of the political guard, or simply apathy, but it seems like every thread has gotten taken to a personal level.
    BJ left. Nibbler left. Camp Freddy, while a hilarious Edgey friend or persona, really has no business on the board. He doesn't golf.
    I'm personally not going to read or respond to threads that have no substance outside of flaming for the time being. No need to respond, just a PSA.
    As the Obama thread started gaining momentum, I kinda wished I hadn't started it. I know it isn't the only thing that's created acrimony, but it certainly hasn't helped.

JS, maybe you should lock it at this point.

I'm a "Johnny Come Lately" so whatever direction you guys decide to go is alright with me.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    As the Obama thread started gaining momentum, I kinda wished I hadn't started it. I know it isn't the only thing that's created acrimony, but it certainly hasn't helped.

I haven't looked at that thread for awhile now. You never know where a thread is going to go, but I didn't expect to find so many radicals on this board. I think it's fine to have a thread where all the acrimony is contained as long as it doesn't flow into every other conversation. This hasn't been the case lately. And of course I'm making a distinction between non-consequential topics like skycaddie, hybrids, and blades as opposed to religion and politics.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I think that's a good distinction. The normal crew here thrives to some degree on the POS Skycaddie flaming. But the politics and religion discussions have created wounds amongst thick skinned people and a viciousness in the level of personal attack.

You're a greybeard here and have a good sense of what makes the place worthwhile. Alot of us respect your opinion, except when it comes to putting.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc

That's all I have been waiting for.

That is all.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

I agree, I am a relative newcomer but as far as my opinion goes some of the dicussion content is too far off topic. I have made some recent posts in regard to this. Overall the subjects and tone are mostly ok.; the wit, the sarcasm and the humour are all very enjoyable and part of what makes this forum great. The personalities who contribute are in the main fine also. I have intersests in other areas but I come here because of my interest, love and obssesion with GOLF! As far as flaming etc. nothing wrong with having fun, even at others expense, but don't cross the line and disrespect others, or their right to have an opinion.....Now there's a bit of shottalking for you.....
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

1. It is a sad commentary about this board when one has to apologize in advance for being courteous
    2. Politics and religion should be off limits, IMHO, even on the non-golf forum. No good ever comes from discussing them on an anonymous internet board.

I enjoy discussing both subjects in person with live personalities, but not when people have the option of launching hostile attacks with complete impunity.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Horse Balls I agree.

When BJ announced he was leaving I was disappointed. He has been a solid contributor and I am going to miss his wit, sarcasm, equipment knowledge and constant club ho'ing. Not to mention the photo's of his clubs.

I also agree that Camp Freddy as a non golfer has no business on this forum. I began to write a thread to this effect when I saw that BJ had left but chickened out fearing a backlash from Edgey and others.

The constant gay references with regard to equipment is meant in good natured banter between golfers and shouldn't be offensive to anyone gay straight or otherwise. But Camp Freddy's posts with a few golf innuendos thrown in (white balls, stiff shafts etc) are rather predictable and pathetic.

It was also a shame to lose Nifty as he seemed to have a wealth of golf knowledge.

So BJ, Nifty if you're reading this come on back guys.

This forum needs you.

Kiwi
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Horse Balls I agree.

When BJ announced he was leaving I was disappointed. He has been a solid contributor and I am going to miss his wit, sarcasm, equipment knowledge and constant club ho'ing. Not to mention the photo's of his clubs.

I also agree that Camp Freddy as a non golfer has no business on this forum. I began to write a thread to this effect when I saw that BJ had left but chickened out fearing a backlash from Edgey and others.

The constant gay references with regard to equipment is meant in good natured banter between golfers and shouldn't be offensive to anyone gay straight or otherwise. But Camp Freddy's posts with a few golf innuendos thrown in (white balls, stiff shafts etc) are rather predictable and pathetic.

It was also a shame to lose Nifty as he seemed to have a wealth of golf knowledge.

So BJ, Nifty if you're reading this come on back guys.

This forum needs you.

Kiwi
    For an Arkansawyer, BJ was alright . . . .

You know you miss my smilies, BJ, so come on back in here and let's play . . . .

BJ has gone too? What have I missed? I haven't been on the non golf forum lately so I may have to go into the Obama thread to see what all this is about.

As a general response to this topic, I tentatively agree with most of the posters on this thread, although to keep things normal I will take exception and disagree with you DM. What better place to launch a hostile attack than from the safety of a keyboard on an anonymous internet forum If we started a policy of not launching attacks with the impunity of a forum that you would not be prepared to launch face to face, this place would become shottalk in nothing flat.

P.S. If Beej really is gone I am very sorry to see him go, he was one of my favourite posters on this board. He had pretty thick skin so someone must have really overstepped the line.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    P.S. If Beej really is gone I am very sorry to see him go, he was one of my favourite posters on this board. He had pretty thick skin so someone must have really overstepped the line.
    I don't think it was any one post or topic, although I have stopped visiting the Obama thread as well.
    Of course he may have just gone on vacation and is messing with the board. Kind of like when a certain Brian or two came back from the dead.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I don't think it was any one post or topic, although I have stopped visiting the Obama thread as well.
    Of course he may have just gone on vacation and is messing with the board. Kind of like when a certain Brian or two came back from the dead.
    I would defiitely think that is a distinct possibility HB. That is the sort of thing the old BJ would do, and I'm not sold on the notion that a leopard can change it's spots. Especially a GR leopard. I'd expect to see him back here within the next week, sporting a bag without a single titelist club in it.

P.S. I also saw the perils the direction of the forum was taking, hence my Scotty Cameron thread on the golf related forum. If BJ doesn't come back, at least I know I tried.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    awwww Kiwi, i love you too, but you're not getting my Bud Light....
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    awwww Kiwi, i love you too, but you're not getting my Bud Light....
    Welcome back Beej.

Couldn't believe you'd gone for too long.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information