|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

New Bags 2009....

Well, I have got all new clubs over the winter....

-Titleist D2 with a V2 stiff shaft
    -Taylormade Burner TP 3 Wood (had this last year)
    -Taylormade Tour Burner 17.5
    -Callaway X-Forged 4-Pw
    -SV Tour Black Satin 52/56

I just got the X-Forged yesterday....Couldnt resist (550 Brand new). I never thought id put a Callaway in my bag but I did yesterday. Took them to the dome and they did feel good but not amazing or anything. I found these difficult to hit mainly because I do not have a fast swing, however after I get used to them I know these are gonna be my favorite irons. Anyone else switch their bags? Anyone else have any input on the X-Forged?

909 or 907???

also... you bought clubs w/o ever hitting them??? why???

907 D2...I did hit them a while back while working at a golf shop and forgot about them. All together I paid 1200 for this set all purchased brand new (about 50% of retail price for the set). Pictures are on WRX in the WITB section until I can figure out how to make em smaller to fit on here....Cant wait for tryouts just around the corner

Why hasn't Fenny been punyed from this forum?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by xxHighSchoolGolfxx
    907 D2...I did hit them a while back while working at a golf shop and forgot about them. All together I paid 1200 for this set all purchased brand new (about 50% of retail price for the set). Pictures are on WRX in the WITB section until I can figure out how to make em smaller to fit on here....Cant wait for tryouts just around the corner
    The D2 is the biggest POS I have ever hit ( No offense PM) but the new 909 blows it out of the water. Im picking up the D3 with the Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 73. Everything else in my bag is staying. Why wouldnt you hit the clubs outside before you bought them? What if the irons turn out to be the worst irons you have ever hit despite their nice $550 price tag.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TmacG
    The D2 is the biggest POS I have ever hit ( No offense PM) but the new 909 blows it out of the water. Im picking up the D3 with the Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 73. Everything else in my bag is staying. Why wouldnt you hit the clubs outside before you bought them? What if the irons turn out to be the worst irons you have ever hit despite their nice $550 price tag.

Tmac
    Well well well. TmacG is back. Hibernation over? You still in high school or have you graduated?
    My parents must be very happy I didn't play golf while still on their payroll.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Tmac
    Hope you like the D3 head as much as I do. I've only had mine for a short time with a Rombax but so far really liking it alot.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Hope you like the D3 head as much as I do. I've only had mine for a short time with a Rombax but so far really liking it alot.
    Hey lorenzo, how are the KZG ZO going. I managed to pick up a set and am quite impressed. They don't seem especially forgiving but are very pure when hit solidly. Mine have project X 5.5 in them and they seem to suit very well. Great feel with very nice mid tradjectory. First time out with them I shot 76 and I felt I was getting great accuracy because of the zero offset. Oh, and BTW they look stunning in the bag!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Tmac
    i would agree with you... the 907D2 doesnt work well for most players... but for me it is great... see, im a low launch low spin player... so most drivers i hit i give up a lot of distance since they just fall out of the sky... the D2 helps me lauch it a little higher and almost spin it enough (still on the low side but...)....

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Well well well. TmacG is back. Hibernation over? You still in high school or have you graduated?
    My parents must be very happy I didn't play golf while still on their payroll.
    It would seem that hibernation is over, all I can say is that I have been busy working lots of hockey to pay for all of my golf expenses, car insurance, etc. I usually try to stop in here once or twice a week just to check up. Golf season cant come soon enough.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Yeah I have just hit it a few times in the golf dome here in Saskatoon. I'll be testing out shafts in the spring before making my decision but until then the D3 is the front runner.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

If you're going to use a launch monitor, the numbers will probably guide you, but it's a pretty low launch, low spin head. If you are able to demo it with a Fuji Motore let me know what you think. I just installed one in a 905R but I'm thinking of moving it to the D3 to see how they combine.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Hey lorenzo, how are the KZG ZO going. I managed to pick up a set and am quite impressed. They don't seem especially forgiving but are very pure when hit solidly. Mine have project X 5.5 in them and they seem to suit very well. Great feel with very nice mid tradjectory. First time out with them I shot 76 and I felt I was getting great accuracy because of the zero offset. Oh, and BTW they look stunning in the bag!
    I'm really liking them alot. They punish you for bad contact, but so don't the KBS shafts I'm using. So they probably aren't for someone who doesn't practice and/or play regularly. I have holes at the courses I frequent that really call for the ball to be worked (narrow greens running at 45 deg to target line and death bunkers guarding shallow greens). If you can work the ball, you get rewarded and the KZG-s are great tools for that.
    GR lives...

Cooter Canyon, Lorenzo?

Did you owe too many unsavory characters too much money at Prosciutto Pines?

In my experience, that's the number one reason I see for guys changing venues.

This is the thing about the great control you get with those blades: I found a better solution was to join a club with an easier course.

Is that what you're doing? I've got a basement full of barely used shovels I can sell you--cheap.

If you're going to use a launch monitor, the numbers will probably guide you, but it's a pretty low launch, low spin head. If you are able to demo it with a Fuji Motore let me know what you think. I just installed one in a 905R but I'm thinking of moving it to the D3 to see how they combine.
    I'll let you know if I happen to hit it. Its still friggin cold outside here. ahhh.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

Tmac
    why are you changing the shaft as well?
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick
    Cooter Canyon, Lorenzo?

Did you owe too many unsavory characters too much money at Prosciutto Pines?

In my experience, that's the number one reason I see for guys changing venues.
    Nifty, Cooter Canyon is a mythical track that is tight, wet and scoring there is important, although you don't actually keep score.

This is the thing about the great control you get with those blades: I found a better solution was to join a club with an easier course.

Is that what you're doing? I've got a basement full of barely used shovels I can sell you--cheap.
    Maybe later in life I'll gravitate towards the easier tracks, but I love the challenge of playing a monster. I'd rather have pressure on my game all day and score a little higher, than cruise along an easier course. This weekend I played La Purisma in Lompoc, CA. Holy crap was that ever a tough first time track. I came in with the highest score I've made in a long time, but enjoyed every minute of it.
    GR lives...

Nifty, Cooter Canyon is a mythical track that is tight, wet and scoring there is important, although you don't actually keep score.
    No wonder I've forgotten about it.

This weekend I played La Purisma.
    Their dog food sucks. Fidel won't touch it.
    Actually, Lorenzo, I'm betting that you do too keep score, and that some of those holes aren't really that tight..

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick
    Actually, Lorenzo, I'm betting that you do too keep score, and that some of those holes aren't really that tight..
    That's why it's mythical. In real life you could park a truck in some of those things. But before I was married I dated someone who demonstrated that parking... um... a device along her...um... alternate route made a huge difference. It's a risky subject to bring up but some risks are worth taking.
    GR lives...

That's why it's mythical. In real life you could park a truck in some of those things. But before I was married I dated someone who demonstrated that parking... um... a device along her...um... alternate route made a huge difference. It's a risky subject to bring up but some risks are worth taking.
    The beauty of being big, mean, and ugly is that you get to avoid that in jail.

My guess is, since his name is "highschoolgolf", that he's young and still believes clubs make the player. Did you have them fit for you? Or did you buy standard off the rack?

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    why are you changing the shaft as well?
    The speeder I have in my 905R launches it a little high for my liking. Its a little light as well. Im gonna get a heavier shaft with a higher kickpoint. There are other shafts, but thats the front runner right now.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

The speeder I have in my 905R launches it a little high for my liking. Its a little light as well. Im gonna get a heavier shaft with a higher kickpoint. There are other shafts, but thats the front runner right now.

Tmac
    I'd suggest trying a Pershing 75 before shelling out the huge bucks on a Jap shaft. For what you are looking for it would be a pretty good fit. And you can pick them up in the US for about 50 bucks. I've had mine for a while now and I still like it.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I'd suggest trying a Pershing 75 before shelling out the huge bucks on a Jap shaft. For what you are looking for it would be a pretty good fit. And you can pick them up in the US for about 50 bucks. I've had mine for a while now and I still like it.
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Thread Information