|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Kenny Perry on fire!

Why do you guys always diss this legend of the game?

He's on fire and is now three up over Stenson.

Kenny Perry you da man!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

we have always said he does well against WEAK FIELDS.... no surprise to see him trouncing EURO CRAP..

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    we have always said he does well against WEAK FIELDS.... no surprise to see him trouncing EURO CRAP..

Omen
    Exactly, he got paired with Euro's weakest player of the week, Stenson. How fitting is that? If Perry had to play Kim, Karlsson (who I knew would play well), or Mahan he would have gotten his arse handed to him.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Yeah....that's it. Stenson is a slouch. THAT'S why Perry was able to beat him.

http://www.officialworldgolfranking....gs/default.sps
    Last edited by dorkman53; 09-21-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Yeah....that's it. Stenson is a slouch. THAT'S why Perry was able to beat him.

http://www.officialworldgolfranking....gs/default.sps
    Yeah 7th in the world - what a bum!

Now where the f#ck am I?

If you db's would actually read my posts, I said "Exactly, he got paired with Euro's weakest player of the week" he was by far playing the worst of any of the Euro's this weekend, even worse than Oliver Wilson. He didn't help his partners in any of his matches regardless of his world ranking. He was chopping it up.

Sergio is #5 in that list, yet he got his spaniard arse handed to him by #10. Those rankings don't mean sh*t when someone's not playing well, and Stenson was not. Hence Perry's walk-off victory.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    If you db's would actually read my posts, I said "Exactly, he got paired with Euro's weakest player of the week" he was by far playing the worst of any of the Euro's this weekend, even worse than Oliver Wilson. He didn't help his partners in any of his matches regardless of his world ranking. He was chopping it up.
    i dont think that you actually watched it...

did you see hansen
    how bout padraig
    maybe jimenez

they all only scored .5 points... and on top of that stenson is one of the best match players on tour...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i dont think that you actually watched it...

did you see hansen
    how bout padraig
    maybe jimenez

they all only scored .5 points... and on top of that stenson is one of the best match players on tour...
    I watched every damn bit of it son. Channel 510 ESPNHD & 503 NBCHD on DVR. Never missed a shot. Stenson choked like sergio had his putter shoved down his throat.

Tiger can be the best player in the world, but if he's playing like a db, Jeff freakin Maggert could beat him. KP got a good draw and as usual, he beats up on weak fields and players that are chopping.

I watched every damn bit of it son. Channel 510 ESPNHD & 503 NBCHD on DVR. Never missed a shot. Stenson choked like sergio had his putter shoved down his throat.
    Let's face it. Perry played pretty well, but some of you can't accept that a 48 year old from Kentucky who plays cavity backs can be that good. Your excuses for your incorrect assumptions are quite comical. Keep it up. You might have a career being a spin doctor for a politician someday.......

Let's face it. Perry played pretty well, but some of you can't accept that a 48 year old from Kentucky who plays cavity backs can be that good. Your excuses for your incorrect assumptions are quite comical. Keep it up. You might have a career being a spin doctor for a politician someday.......
    I wish he would have drawn Robert Karlsson, he would have forfeited after 5 holes.

Those rankings don't mean sh*t when someone's not playing well, and Stenson was not. Hence Perry's walk-off victory.
    And you would suggest a better means of evaluating and predicting future performance, perhaps? Maybe watching them play their round, then evaluating and critiquing, followed by retrospectively ranking them AFTER the fact????
    OBVIOUSLY, rankings mean nothing if someone is playing unusually poorly or extremely well. That's why on any given week an unknown can win any given tournament. However, the world rankings give a reasonable expectation of probability. It would take a genius like yourself, who is far more knowledgeable than Faldo or Azinger, to be able to predict in advance which players will shine on any particular weekend or a particular day.

You would gain so much more credibility by saying, "I was wrong. Perry outplayed a good opponent," than your pitiful and absurd contention that Perry was simply lucky. But I don't expect you to be that much class or intelligence, so you will continue to be seen for what you are, a stubborn, not very bright, opinionated blowhard who won't back down from a position even when he is clearly wrong. Anyone who can't learn to "concede the obvious" is not to be taken seriously......
    Last edited by dorkman53; 09-22-2008 at 05:26 AM.

I wish he would have drawn Robert Karlsson, he would have forfeited after 5 holes.
    Reality check for BJD. This is a TEAM event, and the captains pick their pairings based on what will be best for the team, not so that they can prove a point about a particular player to some yahoo on an internet golf board.

But you're right; pairing him with Europe's best player for this particular weekend (in RETROSPECT) might have had a different outcome. But here's a clue......the captains DON'T KNOW IN ADVANCE who is going to play well for a particular round, even if they have played well earlier in a tournament. Is it remotely possible that someone could play well one day and not the next? Has that ever happened in recorded history? Do you think that Faldo's goal should have been to beat Kenny Perry at all costs to make you happy?

You're not going to win this one, but it is highly entertaining watching you and the other Perry bashers try to find lame excuses to avoid coming to the obvious conclusion, Kenny Perry is a fine golfer, and deserves to be ranked in the top 20 in the world.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 09-22-2008 at 05:39 AM.

One hundred plus of the top golfers in the world, (most of which are American), get 4 chances a year to attain one fo golf's 4 individual crowns. The Ryder Cup comes along only once every 2 years with only 12 openings for Americans, of which only 8 are guaranteed by performance. For a 48 year old man to make it his primary goal to try an EARN such an elusive spot to play for his country in his home state against very high odds, even if it meant sacrificing opportunities for the highest individual crowns, is not only APPLAUDABLE but also quite PATRIOTIC! Thanks You KP, mission accomplished.

Nice posts Strick and dorkman53. I can't believe these people can't admit it when they were DEAD WRONG. Don't bother trying to use things like logic with them. You are just wasting keystrokes.

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i dint think that you actually watched it...

did you see hansen
    how bout padraig
    maybe Jimenez

He may have only scored a half point but Hansen (that was the Dane right?) played some damn fine Golf. Every time I saw him in foursomes he was hitting some killer iron, chip or putt. He really impressed me with his play this weekend.

The worst Euro pairing may have been putting the two Swedes together, I don't think Swedes like other Swedes or something cause they didn't gel at all. Kinda like watching Tiger and Phil paired up.

Great job Kentucky!!! Awesome attitude from the fans, excited yet not RUDE to the point of embarrassing our Nation. Cheered good shots regardless of Nation and kept the USA's energy level high.

Perry played well enough and poorly enough to warrant commentary. He really choked down the stretch on one of the 1st two days. He did VERY VERY well on his last day match.

All in all some of the best shotmaking with that kind of pressure I've seen in a long time from both sides of the pond. Too bad Sergio only had one thing to cheer about, and even that he got "matched" on.

Wow, I forgot to mention Poulter.... way to represent as a Captains pick. He was really rolling the rock.
    Last edited by neverman; 09-22-2008 at 07:20 AM.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    Nice posts Strick and dorkman53. I can't believe these people can't admit it when they were DEAD WRONG. Don't bother trying to use things like logic with them. You are just wasting keystrokes.
    I think I admitted as much in another thread. KP stepped up. He did the job. It doesn't affect or change what he did or didn't do previous to the Ryder Cup, but he accomplished his personal mission with flying colors and played a key role in helping the American team win the Ryder Cup in a dramatic and memorable way.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I think I admitted as much in another thread. KP stepped up. He did the job. It doesn't affect or change what he did or didn't do previous to the Ryder Cup, but he accomplished his personal mission with flying colors and played a key role in helping the American team win the Ryder Cup in a dramatic and memorable way.
    Wow sentimental renzo, are your nipples starting to leak?

Just the opposite. You know and I know the womanly thing is to deny and blame. I'm trying to man up here.

KP only steped up because Faldo fukt up and paired him against the hacker of the week. Perry is a renowned bully who can certainly step it up when faced with golfers who he knows are choppers. He's made a career out of it. Faldo should have tried to pair KP with Harrington. KP would have been so far out of his comfort zone playing a back to back major champion that he would have been puking on the first tee, and would have walked off with some mysterious ailment by about the 6th, no matter how out of form Harrington would was. Still on the subject of KP, for someone who ducked US Open qualifying because his back couldn't stand up to the rigours of 36 holes of qualifying in one day, he seemed to be untroubled through three days of pretty intense competition.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    Don't bother trying to use things like logic with them. You are just wasting keystrokes.
    LOL - I think Dorkman of all people knows that by now!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    KP only steped up because Faldo fukt up and paired him against the hacker of the week. Perry is a renowned bully who can certainly step it up when faced with golfers who he knows are choppers. He's made a career out of it. Faldo should have tried to pair KP with Harrington. KP would have been so far out of his comfort zone playing a back to back major champion that he would have been puking on the first tee, and would have walked off with some mysterious ailment by about the 6th, no matter how out of form Harrington would was. Still on the subject of KP, for someone who ducked US Open qualifying because his back couldn't stand up to the rigours of 36 holes of qualifying in one day, he seemed to be untroubled through three days of pretty intense competition.
    Let's face it, this was not a major, it's a team competition. That takes a lot of the weight off of KP. He's only competing against 12 guys, not the rest of the field, so his competition is limited. Agreed, funny his back has no issues when his team is winning, come April he will be no doubt struggling around the hills of Augusta National where he'll be found nowhere on the leaderboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    LOL - I think Dorkman of all people knows that by now!
    I know I can't convince people who won't listen to logic or demonstrate any semblance of reasonable debating skills. But I do like to use them as teaching aids for the rest of the people on the board.
    Anyone who can't "concede the obvious" in a disagreement comes off looking like a stubborn, mindless, intellectually dishonest juvenile.

"You are wrong."
    "No, I'm not. Someone else screwed up."
    "Well, the facts have now proven that you are wrong."
    "No, the facts should have turned out differently. Then I would have been right. Someone else failed to perform to my expectations, so therefore I am not wrong."
    "But you are still wrong."
    "No I am not. Someone else was just lucky."
    Ad infinitum, ad nauseum.......
    Maybe some people will change when puberty has finished its work, but then again, maybe not......

daveperk Guest
    I seem to remember Harrington cold-topping one out of a fairway bunker, in a good lie too. I think even Mickelson could have beaten Harrington in singles this week, Padraig was cold as ice. Perry would have known he had the upper hand as soon as Harrington had played a couple of holes.

I know I can't convince people who won't listen to logic or demonstrate any semblance of reasonable debating skills. But I do like to use them as teaching aids for the rest of the people on the board.
    Anyone who can't "concede the obvious" in a disagreement comes off looking like a stubborn, mindless, intellectually dishonest juvenile.

"You are wrong."
    "No, I'm not. Someone else screwed up."
    "Well, the facts have now proven that you are wrong."
    "No, the facts should have turned out differently. Then I would have been right. Someone else failed to perform to my expectations, so therefore I am not wrong."
    "But you are still wrong."
    "No I am not. Someone else was just lucky."
    Ad infinitum, ad nauseum.......
    Maybe some people will change when puberty has finished its work, but then again, maybe not......
    Like you we have an election this year and this statement sums up our politicians perfectly.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Like you we have an election this year and this statement sums up our politicians perfectly.
    That's right. Obama was being interviewed by Bill O'Reilly and questioned why he hadn't supported "the surge" in Iraq. He was needled a little bit. "Why can't you just admit that you made a mistake by opposing the surge, because it has proven successful?" Obama's reply was basically that he had opposed it, and that it had been a success, but since there was no way to have known in advance that it would be a success, he wasn't wrong to have opposed it......Interesting logic, indeed

Why has so much time passed on GR without Kenny Perry being mentioned?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Why has so much time passed on GR without Kenny Perry being mentioned?
    There hasn't been a Major that he has ducked and the Ryder Cup is over?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Good point Kiwi. But surely he would still be paying at the moment while the fields are so weak cause all the players good enough to keep their cards are on hols.

Good point Kiwi. But surely he would still be paying at the moment while the fields are so weak cause all the players good enough to keep their cards are on hols.
    Well the other reason could be that KP's No.1 antagonizer BJ Drivers (you'd be No.2 NAH, with Omen No.3 ) hasn't been posting much of anything lately.

I don't see enough live golf on TV to know what's going on except when the majors are on.

Now where the f#ck am I?

BJ is definitely number 1 KP antagonist, but I think there are others who would be ahead of me. I'd like to think I would make the top 10, but number 2 is a compliment I can't honestly accept.

P.S. Although Sergio bashing has got me banned from 3 forums, I also took alot of heat on shittalk for dis'ing ol KP and was sailing very close to the wind.

**** kenny ****ing perry.

carry on.

Just in case I didn't say it loud enough before

**** KENNY ****ING PERRY.

carry on.

Just in case I didn't say it loud enough before

**** KENNY ****ING PERRY.

carry on.
    Do you remember the beginning of the Kenny Perry threads?

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthr...ht=kenny+perry
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Do you remember the beginning of the Kenny Perry threads?

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthr...ht=kenny+perry
    Where was BJ when all this KP bashing was going down?

I thought the subject of KP beating up on weak fields came along before this thread anyways.

This is cruel; rubbing salt in the wounds of the pitifully afflicted by pointing out when they were wrong before, and the time before that, and before that.

I don't know how great this guy is. But his appearance suggests that he is on Champions Tour.

Where was BJ when all this KP bashing was going down?

I thought the subject of KP beating up on weak fields came along before this thread anyways.
    Agreed it was going on long before that thread. KP bashing is almost as old as blades v cavity backs or long irons v hybrids.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information