|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Can a blade playing purist use a Ti driver?

Do the same reasons for using blade irons also apply to woods? Isn't the primary purpose of a Titanium driver a larger head, thus a bigger sweet spot resulting in forgiveness for less than perfect shots? Why don't purists use persimmon drivers?

And use hickory shafts and feathered filled balls. In fact, why play on courses with modern drainage?
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

As in politics, moral outrage against offenders who deviate from ideological orthodoxy is selectively applied.........
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    As in politics, moral outrage against offenders who deviate from ideological orthodoxy is selectively applied.........

Yeah! What Dorkman said! (I think . . . . . )
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Yeah! What Dorkman said! (I think . . . . . )
    Allow me to be specific.

Blade users using large volume titanium drivers.

NOW outrage against former Senator Packwood for sexual harrassment against his staff. Silence of NOW when Bill Clinton was guilty of sexual harrassment against his staff.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton wanting to fire anybody right of political who makes a faux pas (like Kelly Tilghman's "lynching" comment about Tiger Woods.) No criticism of Obama when when he made a comment about the "Special Olympics."

Right wing outrage against drug abuse. Forgiveness and compassion when Rush Limbaugh was found to have a drug problem.

And the list goes on and on.......

I don't believe the same purists that espouse blades would live with the low spin, low ball flight, and unforgiving characteristics of persimmon for long; they need SGI drivers to get it up.

There's no benefit in getting fitted for a POS 460cc driver mass-produced in a chinese sweatshop if you're looking to get somewhat serious about your game. You're wasting your time & money. Get a persimmon driver off of ebay and beat about 1000 balls with it and assess your ball striking. If you get to where you can strike the ball with relative consistency, find a small players driver, no more than 200cc. Play that for a while and if you get to a point where you can control your ball at will, move to a persimmon driver with hickory shaft. It's that simple.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Allow me to be specific.

Blade users using large volume titanium drivers.

NOW outrage against former Senator Packwood for sexual harrassment against his staff. Silence of NOW when Bill Clinton was guilty of sexual harrassment against his staff.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton wanting to fire anybody right of political who makes a faux pas (like Kelly Tilghman's "lynching" comment about Tiger Woods.) No criticism of Obama when when he made a comment about the "Special Olympics."

Right wing outrage against drug abuse. Forgiveness and compassion when Rush Limbaugh was found to have a drug problem.

And the list goes on and on.......
    So then you're saying it's ok to play blades and a titanium driver if you don't abuse drugs, make fun of the handicapped or engage in sexual harrassment.

D-Man, how do you come up with such bizarre standards?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    So then you're saying it's ok to play blades and a titanium driver if you don't abuse drugs, make fun of the handicapped or engage in sexual harrassment.

D-Man, how do you come up with such bizarre standards?
    I guess I keep getting confused between parroting talking points of "Move America Forward", "Acorn," the American Nazis, and other organizations in which I am a member.

It makes me want to use an assault rifle against Greenpeace advocates, while assisting in the operation of an abortion clinic aiding illegal immigrants......

[QUOTE=dorkman53It makes me want to use an assault rifle against Greenpeace advocates, while assisting in the operation of an abortion clinic aiding illegal immigrants......[/QUOTE]

You have my support for both those endeavours. Although I am little concerned I might be in the gunsights if the abortions on illegals is applied retroactively.
    GR lives...

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    There's no benefit in getting fitted for a POS 460cc driver mass-produced in a chinese sweatshop if you're looking to get somewhat serious about your game. You're wasting your time & money. Get a persimmon driver off of ebay and beat about 1000 balls with it and assess your ball striking. If you get to where you can strike the ball with relative consistency, find a small players driver, no more than 200cc. Play that for a while and if you get to a point where you can control your ball at will, move to a persimmon driver with hickory shaft. It's that simple.
    holy shite for once i fully agree with kiwi! dude, you are getting it! you're truly getting it!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    holy shite for once i fully agree with kiwi! dude, you are getting it! you're truly getting it!
    I'm getting it alright. The only thing I am not getting is why you are still bagging that POS Titleist 905R 9.5* Aldila NV65 S made in a Chinese sweat shop.

All it's doing is giving you a false sense of security and covering up your swing flaws.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I am amazed by the excentric folks in this forum. What does a titanium driver have to do with Jesse Jackson. Cool!

By the way, if you get good with your 1968 Wilson Staff 1 iron, you don't even need a driver.

I meant eccentric.

The NAH principles applies here

Blades will force you to swing the club correct, SGI irons will only mask a bad hacker swing.

A 200 cc persimmon driver with a steel sole plate will force one to swing the club correctly, these SGI big headed drivers are for hackers.
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    The NAH principles applies here

Blades will force you to swing the club correct, SGI irons will only mask a bad hacker swing.

A 200 cc persimmon driver with a steel sole plate will force one to swing the club correctly, these SGI big headed drivers are for hackers.
    GHD, would you consider changing your avatar?
    You're current one is grossing me out every time you make a post!!
    I realise this is probably your intention, but can we please draw the line and change this unfortunate image?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

OP, you've really crossed the line this time. That's a picture of his mother.
    GR lives...

I agree with OP. I can't stand looking at people eating food without using a napkin. It's disgusting.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    oh-oh, I apologize sincerely.
    But it's still too much for me. (sorry mum).
    I'm still grossed out and feeling very queasy!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by jamesll9
    I am amazed by the excentric folks in this forum. What does a titanium driver have to do with Jesse Jackson. Cool!

The problem for you is that this requires abstract thought, and analogous reasoning involving comparisons to other logical inconsistencies in life. Sorry if you were overburdened by this chore.

GHD's avatar is so gross it has turned Camp Freddy gay!

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

What a question. Why not asking 'Can a driver be a blade ?'. Persimmon driver is the father of all gays. Get 1 iron instead.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I'm getting it alright. The only thing I am not getting is why you are still bagging that POS Titleist 905R 9.5* Aldila NV65 S made in a Chinese sweat shop.

All it's doing is giving you a false sense of security and covering up your swing flaws.
    ha, if you saw me hit it you'd know why
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

i am ashamed that none of my fellow elitist have been able to silence these limp wristed fools.

the reason why we use the TI non hickory shafted clubs is because the driver is a distance club, not a position club. the hickory shafted persimmon woods can not hit the ball as far as the TI graphite shafted clubs... same thing with the ball... in fact those of us who hit the ball correctly ( i.e., impart a lot of backspin with their wedges) wouldnt be able to hit wedges into greens with out having to take half swings.

for those of us non CHOPPERS lot's of spin is a problem more than anything else. I know you hack arse losers occassionally hit the ball correctly and get lots of "neat" spin and droll over it, but as a superior ball striker the spin is not as awe inspiring.

so TI GRAPHITE DRIVERS FOR MORE DISTANCE
    new balls for a combination of MORE DISTANCE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY LESS SPIN
    and blade irons so that i have A GOLF SWING THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NEW DRIVERS AND BALLS.

Omen, smacking retarded bi.tches with every post
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    i am ashamed that none of my fellow elitist have been able to silence these limp wristed fools.

the reason why we use the TI non hickory shafted clubs is because the driver is a distance club, not a position club. the hickory shafted persimmon woods can not hit the ball as far as the TI graphite shafted clubs... same thing with the ball... in fact those of us who hit the ball correctly ( i.e., impart a lot of backspin with their wedges) wouldnt be able to hit wedges into greens with out having to take half swings.

for those of us non CHOPPERS lot's of spin is a problem more than anything else. I know you hack arse losers occassionally hit the ball correctly and get lots of "neat" spin and droll over it, but as a superior ball striker the spin is not as awe inspiring.

and blade irons so that i have A GOLF SWING THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NEW DRIVERS AND BALLS.

That's not why I don't use persimmon drivers anymore. My reason is because with my vast swingspeed I was splintering the wood. It was starting to become expensive kindling.

At least with titanium I can get a good month's worth of swings in before I cave the face in . . . . . .

that's why i'm still hitting the thicker face wall 905 t as opposed to these thin (springier) drivers..

Just didn't want to steal your thunder.
    GR lives...

Omen that is actually my Father, You B a s turd

I have changed my avitar to a picture I took of Omen's mother the day I planted my seed. Omen was not even a twinkle in my eye yet.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday

Omen that is actually my Father, You B a s turd

I have changed my avitar to a picture I took of Omen's mother the day I planted my seed. Omen was not even a twinkle in my eye yet.
    Thank you. Most considerate of you. I wouldn't say your new avatar is the best you can do, but it certainly is an improvement.

damn my mother was a looker...

damn my mother was a hooker...
    That certainly would explain a lot.....

That certainly would explain a lot.....
    Ooh, very nice use of the quote and editing feature . . . . .

huh... i got banned for my name and there are people calling others moms hookers? whats going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack MeHoff2
    huh... i got banned for my name and there are people calling others moms hookers? whats going on here.
    We don't like your kind.

Move along BOY.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

sorry, what's my "kind" and i'm 17 next month so i hardly qualify as a "boy"

i feel alienated and ostracized for having an (admittedly) awkward name. I blame equality for all the interracial relationships that have lead to Jack MeHoff.

I mean is my name any more offensive than HorseBalls? No way that's his christian name.

sorry, what's my "kind" and i'm 17 next month so i hardly qualify as a "boy"

i feel alienated and ostracized for having an (admittedly) awkward name. I blame equality for all the interracial relationships that have lead to Jack MeHoff.

I mean is my name any more offensive than HorseBalls? No way that's his christian name.
    Who said this was a personal thing?

BOY.

well i see how it's going to be.

so whose bright idea, was it, to give the ever impressive position of moderator to a pimple faced french canadian who's driving range barely suffices as decent enough to be a highland farmyard?

i hope we arent starting off on the wrong foot joel! i think with a bit more puberty you can be mature enough to engage me in a manner less liken to a 12 year old girl. Apologies if you are a 12 year old girl.

Sincerly,
    Jack MeHoff2

well i see how it's going to be.

so whose bright idea, was it, to give the ever impressive position of moderator to a pimple faced french canadian who's driving range barely suffices as decent enough to be a highland farmyard?

i hope we arent starting off on the wrong foot joel! i think with a bit more puberty you can be mature enough to engage me in a manner less liken to a 12 year old girl. Apologies if you are a 12 year old girl.

Sincerly,
    Jack MeHoff2

Hey, we would have been cool if your first post wasn't such a stupid one.

This is your fault.

PS- You capitalize MY name, *****.
    - Next time spell "Sincerely" properly
    - At least make an effort with punctuation. Soon, everyone else will know you're BJdrivers too.

That is all.

BJ Drivers?

can't be him, i haven't bought a new golf club in 3 years.

back to this thread.

Lorenzoinoc seems like a really cool guy.
    Omen, not sure but he seems like an ego capper
    Edgey, can't get a feel for him somethings i agree with sometimes i think he's an ******* (but that may be intentional just to antagonize Omen)
    BJDrivers, I cant wait till i get a job and i can buy golf clubs every 3 weeks
    Horseballs, still need to read more of his old post before rendering a judgement
    Golfaholic, you seem to have been cool once, did all that change when you took over for Benguk? or are you trying to fill Ironman's shoes?
    NaH - i believe he is just an Omen alias
    ... that is all for now, i hope to be here for a long time to render proper judgement on all the members.

BJ Drivers?

can't be him, i haven't bought a new golf club in 3 years.
    BJ doesn't post from the University of South Carolina either. Must be just a coincidence you can't type a sentence to save your ass.

I was going thru some old family pictures and came across a photo of Omens Mom and Omen when we were still together. Omen never forgave me for the breakup. One night his mom drank a gallon of cheap moonshine and tried to eat me. I never looked back.
    I hope you all like my new avitar.
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by No_Idea
    What a question. Why not asking 'Can a driver be a blade ?'. Persimmon driver is the father of all gays. Get 1 iron instead.
    Man I couldnt agree with you more on this No Idea................Using a persimmon wood is father of all gays, unless its a black ping eye 2 five wood...........I just know if I see some guy waltz up with a bag of perssimon woods , its either 1 his grandpas hand me down 1940 clubs , 2 a hacker who bought them at a thrift store, or 3 just some turd looking to hack up the course and take 5 1/2 hours doing it with three mulligans a hole.............Golf equipment is so cheap right now you can buy used small head drivers that arent wood or perssimon
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

Pro Status,

Good desription. Your description could also apply to someone who walks up to the first tee with non GFF in the bag.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Pro Status,

Good desription. Your description could also apply to someone who walks up to the first tee with non GFF in the bag.
    WTH..is desription. you foreigners cant spell . speaking of GFF I hung mine up for a while ...................im on the shovel bandwagon now. Playing blades for so long have made the shovel transition priceless.
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

Thread Information