|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: New Site

New Site

If I can get a new site up and running soon, would there be any interest in coming to post? I'm just like you guys are, I like to shoot shite about golf in general and a few more subjects occasionally and I don't like the style at Golfwrx and Shottalk. I would prefer a site with an "edge" similar to this site, but without the bad language being censored, lol.

The spamming has got atrocious lately and PM and GA have their hands tied as to how much they can do to control it without the intervention of the administrator. The administrator is hardly ever around. Now, there is a glitch in the system that is as irritating as hell.

If I get something up, it will not look very special at first until I can get things updated, but it would give us everything we need to continue discussion and it would be better moderated.

I don't want to do this unless there is interest in doing it since the money will be coming out of my pocket to get the site up and keep it running. Anybody have any thoughts?

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    but it would give us everything we need to continue discussion and it would be better moderated.
    What are you trying to say?

BS and I have talked about this, and I don't have a problem with him posting this here. I dunno about PM though.

Sooner has good points. Mods can't do very much and without administrator intervention, this site will eventually stop functioning.

If all the regulars are up for it, I would be happy to be spending time on a new and improved golfreview--with a different domain.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    What are you trying to say?

BS and I have talked about this, and I don't have a problem with him posting this here. I dunno about PM though.

Sooner has good points. Mods can't do very much and without administrator intervention, this site will eventually stop functioning.

If all the regulars are up for it, I would be happy to be spending time on a new and improved golfreview--with a different domain.
    im not really gonna say what i think either way.... i dont really think its my place to comment on this...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    im not really gonna say what i think either way.... i dont really think its my place to comment on this...

So this you don't wanna talk about?

Interesting.

can you provide a link to one of your other websites
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Why not try it? Have to say I like this site because most of the guys here are like the people I golf with. Talking crap to each other and enjoying the verbal jousting versus sh*t talk discussions. Throw out some sites.
    I agree wholeheartedly, that's why I'm asking if anyone is interested in switching sites before I commit to it. I don't want to put the expense in on a new site if you guys are content to stay here and fight spammers, post on an outdated vBulletin format, and have to continue to come up with creative ways to post "phuck." I like the posters here that are on the "edge" of the golfing world and I'm right here with you if you guys want to stay and deal with the inefficiencies.

But if you're interested, I'll get a new site started that would be tailor made for you guys and will have better features and an administrator that cares enough to make sure it is a quality site for the posters.

Careful, you're crossing a boundary here. I'll assume for the moment this is an innocent attempt to be helpful. But you're talking about a profit making enterprise.

I'm not saying you spammed the site, all part of a plan to acquire its business without paying for it. But there are ethics involved.

I don't know who makes the money off this site, but he was here before I got here, and made the site available to me, so I have no problem with him getting the profit. I'd feel differently if a fellow poster came along and took it over.

And if he promotes his existing sites here, how is he different than Niki?
    GR lives...

Why not try it? Have to say I like this site because most of the guys here are like the people I golf with. Talking crap to each other and enjoying the verbal jousting versus sh*t talk discussions. Throw out some sites.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Careful, you're crossing a boundary here. I'll assume for the moment this is an innocent attempt to be helpful. But you're talking about a profit making enterprise.

I'm not saying you spammed the site, all part of a plan to acquire its business without paying for it. But there are ethics involved.

I don't know who makes the money off this site, but he was here before I got here, and made the site available to me, so I have no problem with him getting the profit. I'd feel differently if a fellow poster came along and took it over.

1.) I have one other website of which I have never posted a link or name of here on this forum.

2.) I don't know what the owner of this site has set up for financial profiting, but I have never made a penny off my site and don't plan on making anything off a golf site if I start one.

I'm not spamming shite, Lo, I'm trying to help everybody out so if you don't like it, then GA an PM can delete this thread and we'll forget it was ever posted and I'll keep the money in my pocket. It's not going to hurt my feelings.

The administration doesn't care about this website. It's one of 50+ he owns.

If he cared, he would be here, and we would bring these issues to his attention to be fixed. Since he's not, we can't.

http://www.consumerreview.com/

GolfReview is a part of all that. This forum software is more than 1.5 years old. The owner logs on once a month, if that, and does nothing.

I'm all for staying here too, but there is another alternative.

And I'll be honest, I won't be deleting niki's 40 post spam fests for much longer.

1.) I have one other website of which I have never posted a link or name of here on this forum.

2.) I don't know what the owner of this site has set up for financial profiting, but I have never made a penny off my site and don't plan on making anything off a golf site if I start one.

I'm not spamming shite, Lo, I'm trying to help everybody out so if you don't like it, then GA an PM can delete this thread and we'll forget it was ever posted and I'll keep the money in my pocket. It's not going to hurt my feelings.
    Sooner, I'm raising legitimate issues. Your current site may not make $, but this one seems to get a fair amount of advertising. Let the discussion proceed. I don't hear anyone else offering to do this and maybe it will make things better. But there are some fine lines here.
    GR lives...

Sooner, I'm raising legitimate issues. Your current site may not make $, but this one seems to get a fair amount of advertising. Let the discussion proceed. I don't hear anyone else offering to do this and maybe it will make things better. But there are some fine lines here.
    That is why GA allowed me to post the thread in here was for discussion. Like I said, I don't want to put my own money into another site if no one cares to have another site to post at. I honestly don't care one way or another.

That is why GA allowed me to post the thread in here was for discussion. Like I said, I don't want to put my own money into another site if no one cares to have another site to post at. I honestly don't care one way or another.

Go for it Sooner mate

As long as i can call you, Omen, Loz, HB, DM etc a bunch of c unts i will be happy.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

fine... ya know what i will say what i think GA...

no this is not a good idea... THIS is spam and really has no business being on this forum... GA there is a really easy way to remove nikki's spam... all ya have to do is seach for all the posts by a certain user, select them all... and then simply remove them... i dont delete them i remove them permenantly...

but for real if you want a new site fine... and yeah i'll join.... but you cant promote on here w/o the owners permission... so...

also what the crap is wrong with the site??? we let yall do pretty much w/e you want...

This board has spawned many other competing boards over the years. People come on here, decide they like a golf board, but get really tired of the endless chaos. Then somebody within the board comes along and starts a new board. Many of the regulars go on both boards for a while. Some then come back, and some leave forever. GolfOpinions, Doublegolf, ShotTalk, and I'm certain another one or two all came from people tired of the way this board is(n't) run.
    Even Spank tried to have his own board a few years ago. I think it was a resounding failure. I know I never even logged on to it.
    Francis is basically an absentee landlord who delegates the moderator jobs to unpaid volunteers who have no financial stake in the outcome of the result of their services. I had that job for a while in the past, too. This prestigious and powerful position has also been occupied by people with newly sprouted pubic hair. Remember Benguk and Tommie Els??!!
    Then you have the omnipresent Spank whose chief life goal appears to be disrupting this board. Francis seems unable or unwilling to deal with his constant activities which do more to drive good people off the board than any other single factor.
    The chief attraction of this board for some is that they are allowed to be annoying, obscene, and just plain obnoxious. There are no consequences for behavior. Unfortunately, the few drive away the many.
    All in all, you have a recipe for mediocrity at best, and failure at worst.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Why don't you guys come try out my new site! It's the animal house of golf forums!! It's called The Cut Line!!! Animal house, house, house!!!!

Whatever you guys want to do, I'm fine with. But in all honesty, it's the prospect of getting new members via the other parts of this site that keeps the discussion interesting. A forum needs new members to keep it fresh, and I would say GR averages about 1 keeper per month (which is fine). I would hate to have to deal with marketing a new site to keep up with attrition. Let's face it, Nibbler is on death's door, NaH will find some way to get banned, Lorenzo's STDs will get the better of him sooner than later, either Beej or Bigpun will die in Branson, and Omen could easily get swept away by the wind.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Why don't you guys come try out my new site! It's the animal house of golf forums!! It's called The Cut Line!!! Animal house, house, house!!!!

Whatever you guys want to do, I'm fine with. But in all honesty, it's the prospect of getting new members via the other parts of this site that keeps the discussion interesting. A forum needs new members to keep it fresh, and I would say GR averages about 1 keeper per month (which is fine). I would hate to have to deal with marketing a new site to keep up with attrition. Let's face it, Nibbler is on death's door, NaH will find some way to get banned, Lorenzo's STDs will get the better of him sooner than later, either Beej or Bigpun will die in Branson, and Omen could easily get swept away by the wind.
    I disagree completely. As any engineer like Larry will tell you, skinny people are at low risk of getting carried away by the wind. Those with low weight but high surface area are the ones at risk. Now if Omen were to wear a sail, it could happen.

As for me, the only STD I really fear is marriage. Against that, condoms have proven ineffective.
    GR lives...

As for me, the only STD I really fear is marriage. Against that, condoms have proven ineffective.
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39495
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360

also what the crap is wrong with the site??? we let yall do pretty much w/e you want...
    It's not the "rules" that's bothersome it's the extreamly out of date and buggy Vbulletin. A new website would be run in the exact same fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    $250 a shot for marital sex is dirt cheap.
    GR lives...

$250 a shot for marital sex is dirt cheap.

Yes it is . . . . . .

The administration doesn't care about this website. It's one of 50+ he owns.

If he cared, he would be here, and we would bring these issues to his attention to be fixed. Since he's not, we can't.

http://www.consumerreview.com/

GolfReview is a part of all that. This forum software is more than 1.5 years old. The owner logs on once a month, if that, and does nothing.

I'm all for staying here too, but there is another alternative.

And I'll be honest, I won't be deleting niki's 40 post spam fests for much longer.
    Are you trying to tell us that Fred3 owns this site?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    i actually like this site & how it's tied in with the equipment reviews; that's how i found it originally. the layout is nice, easy to read, and doesn't get anywhere near as congested as something like golfwrx.

if sooner wants to start one up, i say go for it. i'll be there in all my glory, but i don't want to desert GR, it's been my home. HB pretty much summed it up in a nutshell.

i think JS does a good job with the spammers. i'm not sure how much "free time" his dad allows him to have, but come on, he's doing his best.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    i actually like this site & how it's tied in with the equipment reviews; that's how i found it originally. the layout is nice, easy to read, and doesn't get anywhere near as congested as something like golfwrx.

if sooner wants to start one up, i say go for it. i'll be there in all my glory, but i don't want to desert GR, it's been my home. HB pretty much summed it up in a nutshell.

i think JS does a good job with the spammers. i'm not sure how much "free time" his dad allows him to have, but come on, he's doing his best.

I don't know how sooner plans to lay it out, but I also am not a fan of having 20 different sections in a forum. I like the Golf - Non golf we have now, it's easy, quick, and you don't miss out on any threads because you didn't check a particular section.

Reviews are good. Sooner could create some sort of reviews section and try to get everyone to review the things they have in their bag to start it off. And lets face it, no one is looking for a review on Taylormade Burner Bubbles anymore...

I will continue to moderate and post on Golf Review.

Sooners plans are to keep the attributes of GR that make it special and unique, while adding small touches to make it even bigger and better. It will just take a little time before it takes off.

I don't know how sooner plans to lay it out, but I also am not a fan of having 20 different sections in a forum. I like the Golf - Non golf we have now, it's easy, quick, and you don't miss out on any threads because you didn't check a particular section.

Reviews are good. Sooner could create some sort of reviews section and try to get everyone to review the things they have in their bag to start it off. And lets face it, no one is looking for a review on Taylormade Burner Bubbles anymore...

I will continue to moderate and post on Golf Review.

Sooners plans are to keep the attributes of GR that make it special and unique, while adding small touches to make it even bigger and better. It will just take a little time before it takes off.

I like the idea of only a small number of sections as opposed the myriad of sections and sub-forums over at wrx. Like you said, it makes it easy to keep track of what's going on.

I also agree that user reviews are a must. The problem with the review section of GR is how out of date most of it is - not to mention incomplete. My rac MB TP's aren't even listed. They've been out for 3 years.

One suggestion I have would be the addition of a chat room - just for a little extra flavor, maybe a place to hang out when tournaments are on, etc...

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    One suggestion I have would be the addition of a chat room - just for a little extra flavor, maybe a place to hang out when tournaments are on, etc...

FON

I like that.

When Sooner gets Vbulletin installed, we can do some brainstorming on how to make it a successful forum.

I'll contribute reviews on stuff I've never hit. You know, to make it feel a little more like GR.
    GR lives...

Thanks for the feedback, guys, everybody's opinions on this subject have been very appreciated.

Domain has been bought and vBulletin is being installed. I expect the site to be up before Sunday. I will not be advertising the link to the site here on the forum because I don't want to upset Lorenzo's Italian hormonal balance. So, if you are interested to know where the site is, you can PM me and I'll be glad to let you know.

The site is up, if you want to know the url, PM me. This is last call.

I'll contribute reviews on stuff I've never hit. You know, to make it feel a little more like GR.
    I'll also be happy to give every review I do five stars and tell everyone that they are the best clubs I've ever hit. Just to make it like the GR review section.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information