|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.

Bingo Bango Bongo.

Bingo Bango Bongo
    1. First On
    2.Closest to Pin
    3.First in

Question:
    Does this apply to par 3 holes? If so, who ever has honors has advantage then?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    Bingo Bango Bongo
    1. First On
    2.Closest to Pin
    3.First in

Question:
    Does this apply to par 3 holes? If so, who ever has honors has advantage then?
    Never played that one.

I would say it counts for Par 3's. Reward for having the honor on the tee--and not everyone hits the green anyway.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

why wouldnt they count???

and yeah, so play good the hole before a par 3... or play real golf... thats fun too... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    why wouldnt they count???

and yeah, so play good the hole before a par 3... or play real golf... thats fun too... lol...

None of us here actually play golf.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    good point...

There is eight of us going on a week long, 11 round golf trip at the end of this month. We all love to gamble so I'm just coming up with some games we can play for cash, but just want to make sure I know what I'm doing so there is no arguments after everyone has had a few drinks in them.

Bingo Bango Bongo works out great for us as not all of us have handicaps and you don't need them to play that betting game.
    To get around this we are going to use the Calaway scoring system to figure out winners of the first few rounds or so and then take their gross scores to get a rough idea what some of the guy's handicaps would be.

We have a few different formats we want to try out that sounds like fun. Singles and Two Man Stableford and Orange Ball to name a couple. Four of us are lefites so we'll be having a lefties VS righties round too.

Anyone else have good games that are easy scoring and fun, love to hear them

There is eight of us going on a week long, 11 round golf trip at the end of this month. We all love to gamble so I'm just coming up with some games we can play for cash, but just want to make sure I know what I'm doing so there is no arguments after everyone has had a few drinks in them.

Bingo Bango Bongo works out great for us as not all of us have handicaps and you don't need them to play that betting game.
    To get around this we are going to use the Calaway scoring system to figure out winners of the first few rounds or so and then take their gross scores to get a rough idea what some of the guy's handicaps would be.

We have a few different formats we want to try out that sounds like fun. Singles and Two Man Stableford and Orange Ball to name a couple. Four of us are lefites so we'll be having a lefties VS righties round too.

Anyone else have good games that are easy scoring and fun, love to hear them
    I hear ya.

I play games all the time, and most of them are 2 man team games against the other 2 in the group.

I don't bother learning how to play. I just play golf--and try to learn along the way but I don't get all caught up in it.

A few I like:

2 the tough way - Match play. Lowest score gets a point. If both teamates tie for low score, you get 2 points.

My fav:

Validation- 2v2 points match. Let's say I make a 4 on number one and everyone else makes 5. I don't have a point yet. I have to validate my point on the first hole by making a par or better on # 2. If I make par, I get the point. HOWEVER, if one of the opponents makes a birdie, i don't get the point, even if i made par.( oponent then has to try to validate on number three, as he got low ball on number two, If you are playing carry overs, if he pars 3 and your team dosen't birdie, he gets two points.)

With or without carry overs -- i like with-- more pressure when you're trying to validate coming down the stretch for like..12 holes..

If both partners make 4 and the other two make 5 on hole one, both partners can try to validate on number two.

If I make 4 on number one and everyone else makes 5, then I make 4 on two and everyone else makes 5, I validated my point from number one, and now have 1 point. Since I had the low score on number two as well, I can try to validate my point on number three, to give me two points.

Really good game if you have 3 with the same handicap and someone who's say 5-8 shots higher.

Matches are usually pretty close coming down the last few holes.

Follow that?

I hear ya.

I play games all the time, and most of them are 2 man team games against the other 2 in the group.

I don't bother learning how to play. I just play golf--and try to learn along the way but I don't get all caught up in it.

A few I like:

2 the tough way - Match play. Lowest score gets a point. If both teamates tie for low score, you get 2 points.

My fav:

Validation- 2v2 points match. Let's say I make a 4 on number one and everyone else makes 5. I don't have a point yet. I have to validate my point on the first hole by making a par or better on # 2. If I make par, I get the point. HOWEVER, if one of the opponents makes a birdie, i don't get the point, even if i made par.( oponent then has to try to validate on number three, as he got low ball on number two, If you are playing carry overs, if he pars 3 and your team dosen't birdie, he gets two points.)

Follow that?
    What a great game. In that scenario, what if on the second hole you validate with a par but the opponents par as well? You still get the point?

Validation is one of my favorites. Riverologist - the way we usually play it is that you have to beat the guy on the next hole to invalidate his score, so a tie is good enough to validate. If you birdie, and the rest par - you validate one and now have another point to validate on the next hole... and on and on.

My favorite game is full field rangs, which is a skins game played across many groups. Everyone antes up a quarter a hole (or a dollar a hole on the weekend game I play) and you play skins against the whole field, handicaps are used and you get strokes where you warrant them based on the handicap of the lowest player in the field. You can pocket a pretty nice amount of coin if you play well, depending on how many players show up.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

What a great game. In that scenario, what if on the second hole you validate with a par but the opponents par as well? You still get the point?

yes, you still get the point from number one. Your par on the validation hole can only be cut out if the opponents make a birdie(or less)

Then since no one made low ball on number two, no one can validate on three. That means if someone makes low ball on three, they can validate on 4 and win two points ( for holes two and three--if carry overs).

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature

My favorite game is full field rangs, which is a skins game played across many groups. Everyone antes up a quarter a hole (or a dollar a hole on the weekend game I play) and you play skins against the whole field, handicaps are used and you get strokes where you warrant them based on the handicap of the lowest player in the field. You can pocket a pretty nice amount of coin if you play well, depending on how many players show up.

FON
    Bah. The older guys at my club always invite me out to the rang game on Sunday morning, Tuesday & Thursday afternoon.

Sunday- No way I'm getting up at 6:15 to go play golf and then go to work.
    Tuesday and Thursday Im usually working.

I don't think they do handicaps though. In fact I'm sure they don't..but it's the same 15ish guys that play together 3 times a week so...

River,

I don't have a cash game per say, but one thing that's popular in Oz is a thing called the snake. If you 3 putt you get the snake. Who ever is holding the snake whenever you go into the bar shouts a round for the rest of the group. It applies to halfway breaks as well as the 19th hole. You can even add it to visits by the drinks cart if you like. To add a touch of drama the guys I used play with bought a large rubber snake and it got attached to the bag of the snake holder. This also avoided confusion as to who was actually holding the snake. The down side is that it can put guys right off their game as they concentrate more on not getting the snake than actually playing good golf i.e. they will try to putt out from outside tap in distance so if they miss there is still a chance of another guy 3 jacking after them. All in all it's a fun game, but I must admit I wasn't a fan of it in proper competitions.

Another competition is the NAGA (Not A Golfers Arsehole). This is an event where the worst score (net) for the round (or week or whatever) is pronounced the NAGA. This makes them the subject of continuous ridicule and usually comes with a 'trophy' that must accompany the NAGA at the 19th hole (or rest of the night). The usual 'trophy' in Oz is a toilet seat that must be worn around the neck by the NAGA.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 04-05-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I like the idea of the toilet seat. We have a similar thing. We have a bright red blazer with this patch on it. Our version of the Master's Green Jacket
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like the idea of the toilet seat. We have a similar thing. We have a bright red blazer with this patch on it. Our version of the Master's Green Jacket
    I like it. That would certainly put the pressure on. You never see high handicap hackers stand so long over putts and concentrate so hard on every shot as you do in a 'NAGA' event.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

To answer the original question. Yes, Bingo Bango Bongo counts on ALL holes. 1st hole as well as all par3's. Gawd, what if the course starts with a par3!
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

My new game is Left-Right in conjunction with skins (handicapped of course). The two furthest left off the tee are paired with the two furthest right for the hole. Low net best ball and low net team total gets a point. We play for dollar skins and dollar per point. We also always play closest to the pin on every par 3, birdie doubles, 3 putt pays the group. We had a guy lose 44 dollars this weekend and he was pissed (me).
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Our group likes to play a game I have designed.

The order of teeing off on the first hole is determined by whose birthday is closest to that of Rutherford B. Hayes, followed second by whose birthday is closest to Madame Curie, then the third has his birthday nearest that of Anwar Sadat, and the fourth is left to tee off last.

The first and third to tee off are paired on the first hole if it is an odd numbered date on the calender. Otherwise, on an even numbered date, the first and fourth players are teamed up.

The first person to reach the green receives one point, as does the second, third, and fourth players to reach the green.

The number of putting strokes used on the green is divided by square root of the person's index multiplied by the age of his first child. That number is then divided by the number of air quality warning days in the last seven months, then added to the square of the current national debt.

So far, we've never figured out who won yet, but we it's a real hoot trying to figure it all out......

And a good time was had by all............
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by neverman
    To answer the original question. Yes, Bingo Bango Bongo counts on ALL holes. 1st hole as well as all par3's. Gawd, what if the course starts with a par3!
    No legitimate golf course starts with a par 3.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

There is a truly excellent course that ends with a par 3. Pasitiempo in Santa Cruz, designed by Alistair McKenzie. It sounds wierd but in the context of that course and considering the challenge of the last Par 3 (fairly long, over a ravine, v. difficult green where position is critical, wind is big factor) it works.

It would be silly to have one before the third hole.
    GR lives...

Thread Information