|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Back from Augusta!

I went down to watch practice rounds on Monday and tuesday and it was fantastic. If you have never been to Augusta try and make the trip you will not be disappointed. TV does not do that course justice to how beautiful or how difficult it is in person. I was shocked by the severe elevation changes on almost every hole.

The food is priced very reasonable and evryone who works there seems like they really want you to enjoy the experience.

Hands down the best golf trip you could make!
    FEA

i hope to play well this week
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Belly
    I was shocked by the severe elevation changes on almost every hole.
    It's amazing everything was put in place there long before TV, particularly color TV because it broadcasts so damn well. But even in HD, there no way you can appreciate the topography of the course, particularly the greens. The margins of error there are really miniscule.

The greens are beyond incredible. There are only four or five greens that aren't completely radical.
    GR lives...

I went down to watch practice rounds on Monday and tuesday and it was fantastic. If you have never been to Augusta try and make the trip you will not be disappointed. TV does not do that course justice to how beautiful or how difficult it is in person. I was shocked by the severe elevation changes on almost every hole.

The food is priced very reasonable and evryone who works there seems like they really want you to enjoy the experience.

I had a friend that went to the practice rounds last year. He still raves about the experience! There are some that say that the practice rounds are better than the actual tournament because the players are a little looser and more amiable to the fans.

Glad you enjoyed the experience, Belly . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I'm officially Jealous!
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    It's amazing everything was put in place there long before TV, particularly color TV because it broadcasts so damn well. But even in HD, there no way you can appreciate the topography of the course, particularly the greens. The margins of error there are really miniscule.

The greens are beyond incredible. There are only four or five greens that aren't completely radical.
    It took some superb agronomists and horticultual desingers to change all of the black and white grass and azaleas to green grass and colored azaleas in the early 1960's, so it would look good on the new color TVs.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

i'll be there after i get outta class today... im really excited... ive talked to a lot of people who have gone in the past... they say it looks kinda short... but the elevation is ridiculous... and it plays really long... idk though neve been before...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i'll be there after i get outta class today... im really excited... ive talked to a lot of people who have gone in the past... they say it looks kinda short... but the elevation is ridiculous... and it plays really long... idk though neve been before...

Enjoy it, PM, and report back to us how it was . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I was able to go to a practice round 4 years ago and it really is amazing how well they prepare the grounds. Everything is kept perfect, even in the trees between holes and the practice areas. They really know how to put on a tourney. I was shocked by the cheap food & beer. They could double the price and nobody would bat an eye.
    "I'm going to end up working in the lumberyard the rest of my life"

My only complaint is there aren't enough restrooms. I took to pissing in the woods but since I'm not the pope I had to stand in line when the cheap sandwiches kicked in.
    GR lives...

I was there on Tuesday. Worst day I've ever spent in Augusta and it was still the third best day I've ever spent at a golf tournament (behind the other two days I've spent at the Masters).

The weather sucked on Tuesday and half the field didn't bother to practice. Couples and Norman walked off the course after the 7th hole, Player and Els quit at the turn. Woods was no where to be found.

Other than that though, it was great. Goosen hooked a ball left of the green on one that almost hit me. Then about holed the chip. Phil was his usual practice round self...chatting up the crowd. And Vijay skipped in a hole in one on the 16th.

Good times.

WOW man, sounds awesome. Im jealous.

Thread Information