|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The Next Kenny Perry?

Who is the next Kenny Perry? KP is the highest all time PGA money leader not to win a major (29 million). That means he has been cashing in a lot tournaments over an extended period of time, and even though he rarely shows up in majors, he has managed to avoid winning when in contention. Who has the best shot at eventually taking KP's title of highest all time PGA money leader without winning a major?

I would say Sergio, but I have a feeling he might eventually get a British Open. I think Adam Scott has a good chance at becoming the next KP if he can stay healthy.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

A few years ago, Phil Mickelson had this honor, but has broken through. Padraig Harrington is also disqualified, since he has won twice.
    Sergio has to be a leading contender, as are Paul Casey and Hendrik Stenson.
    If you look at the world rankings, most of the top 30 have won a major or more. This may have been Perry's best shot at it; time will tell, but he doesn't have that much PGA time left before the Champions Tour beckons.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Padraig Harrington is also disqualified, since he has won twice. .
    Let me be the first among many annoying people here to point out that Harrington in fact has three majors.. two BOs and a PGA..
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Let me be the first among many annoying people here to point out that Harrington in fact has three majors.. two BOs and a PGA..
    You're right. He had won the LAST two majors before The Masters, 2009, but had won before that. No offense taken.

If you count winnings from all tours Monty might be up there.
    Just a guess.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

It can't be Adam Scott or Sergio unfortunately because of 2 very important distinctions.
    1.) They have both won The Players Championship
    2.) They are global players

One of the main distinctions of being the next Kenny Perry is that you must be borderline xenophobic when it comes to traveling abroad. Also, both of those guys had hype and expectations, whereas KP is a boring plodder cashing in on weak fields.

If I had to make a prediction as to the next KP, I'd go with Stewart Cink.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    It can't be Adam Scott or Sergio unfortunately because of 2 very important distinctions.
    1.) They have both won The Players Championship
    2.) They are global players

One of the main distinctions of being the next Kenny Perry is that you must be borderline xenophobic when it comes to traveling abroad. Also, both of those guys had hype and expectations, whereas KP is a boring plodder cashing in on weak fields.

If I had to make a prediction as to the next KP, I'd go with Stewart Cink.
    Yeah, tied for 2nd in The Masters is certainly cashing in on a weak field. You're a genius, as always.....

Stewart Cink is a definite contender. He's already won over 20 mil, and has a similar less than stellar resume when it comes to winning championships. Sergio would be a lock to overtake both on the money list and will never win a major, but I also think he has already won torunaments that have elevated him beyond the KP plodder category.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Stewart Cink is a definite contender. He's already won over 20 mil, and has a similar less than stellar resume when it comes to winning championships. Sergio would be a lock to overtake both on the money list and will never win a major, but I also think he has already won torunaments that have elevated him beyond the KP plodder category.
    You're right. Stricker is another one to add to the list, too.

Just had a look at the career money list and a couple more names you could throw up are Robert Allenby and definitely Chris DiMarco. Another possible contender was playing with KP at the Masters. Chad 'the choker' Campbell. He hasn't won anything worht winning yet and is close to 20 mil in earnings already. Another Aussie Stuart Appleby also comes to mind.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information