|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Grip Size

Grip Size

Is there a size problem with my grips of my right ring finger got a big blister on the bottom of the finger (close to the actual hand)?

(1) You grip too tight?
    (2) Try mid-sized grip or very soft grip by Winn

Maybe you should cut down on beating balls and work on your putting.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Maan ...............Get rid of the vice grip and , yes grip size is very important. You want the last 3 fingers on your left hand to just touch the palm , not dig in to the palm
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

I was just thinking about this last night. I play a standard size, but it looks like I should be playing midsize grips. Anybody know the "why" behind using a grip size where the fingers barely touch the palm. Also, what are the typical consequences of using a grip that is too small or too big?
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I was just thinking about this last night. I play a standard size, but it looks like I should be playing midsize grips. Anybody know the "why" behind using a grip size where the fingers barely touch the palm. Also, what are the typical consequences of using a grip that is too small or too big?
    Don't quote me on this, but your hands are more active with a smaller grip.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I have tried all three sizes on my clubs over the years and the midsize is the one that fits my game the best. I don't know if this was just one of my peculiar "bugs" in my golf game or not, but I notice that whenever I play a club with a standard size grip I have a tendency to draw the ball more (probably the hands coming into play). But, whenever I played an oversize grip, I would fade the ball more (lack of hand play). The midsize grip is not only comfortable to me, but it gives me more consistent ball flight.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

For some reasons, I like midsize grip. Starting out with my TEE driver, whenever I change grips on my irons I would go with midsize grip as well. Golf Pride Deca-multicompound would last a long time, especially good when wet compared to Winn grip which is soft (I like that) but would wear out faster and slippery when wet *_*

Something to do with gripping. Try overlapping grip instead of interlocking. Good luck !

I preffer the GP Tour Wrap Midsize grip...............Well endowed people usually use a midsize grip
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

Many people play with grips that are too big for their hands. Grips that are too big, inhibit the release, which is good if you fight a duck hook, but not for most people. Senior golfers really tend to go with bigger grips, and many slice already. That is a terrible combination. Standard grips are fine for about 80% of men.

Thread Information