|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

How could I .........?

Leave my buttery Mp-14s sitting there after all those rounds. The bottom line is I wont let my Mizzys sit around over some pings thats for sure..................Ping you have now been kicked out of the bag ..............Mizuno welcome back , looks like theres a new/ old sherriff back in town. I see now why I never played cavity backs. The yardages are inconsistent, they feel uncontrollable, Play tricks on your sense of feeeeel, and have weird looking soles. I think Ill try some cavity muscle next time. Im not knockin the perimeter weighted fans, but I just wont have any in my bag anytime soon.
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

Quite possibly the first post from you that made any sense. Congrats, it only took 315 posts of pure BS (I'm feeling generous and ot counting all the Stroke Guru nonsense you posted) to come up with something worth posting. Thumbs up.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Most MP-14s are pretty well worn by now.

I think that they were one of the very last major production models with the old weaker lofts which I liked.

I personally don't like the feel of steel shafted traditional blades at impact, but the MP-14 model achieved classic status and was played by the striped one himself in his amateur days. The Titleists and Nikes that he's played since are virtually MP-14 clones, complete with the weak lofts on his sets at least.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick

I think that they were one of the very last major production models with the old weaker lofts which I liked.

I personally don't like the feel of steel shafted traditional blades at impact, but the MP-14 model achieved classic status and was played by the striped one himself in his amateur days. The Titleists and Nikes that he's played since are virtually MP-14 clones, complete with the weak lofts on his sets at least.
    You're really getting up on the soapbox about steel shafts lately, NN. Is your arthritis acting up?

I really have nothing against graphite iron shafts. There are some pretty good ones out there, but they are a lot more expensive than good quality steel shafts. I've had some in the past made by Graphite Design, Matrix, and Grafalloy. I just don't see any significant advantage to them on a cost/benefit analysis, at least for me. I used to think I needed them to prevent elbow and wrist pain, until I figured out that it was hitting balls on artificial mats sitting on concrete that was doing it to me, not the steel shafts. Once I started playing forged irons and wanted to stay away from mats to avoid screwing up the iron and wedge specs, presto, my joint pain went away and I've been happily playing steel shafts ever since.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 04-30-2009 at 10:04 PM.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Yea your right..........most of the used sets I see are pretty worn out . But I ve been blessed to have 2 sets in practically mint condition , besides the set I always play which has some rust in the middle, the other set I have that I ran across seemed to have sat in someones garage since they were made. And not a nic,ding or scratch on them. I also enjoy the weaker lofts ,I think thats kinda why hacks have such a hard time hitting there long irons now because now most companies sell distance so they make clubs with lofts up to 3-4* degrees stronger than they ever where originally...Ive hit alot of different irons , and none compare to the feel of my mp-14s, not even some other mizuno irons come close. I think the first production of GFF was a better quality.
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

IMO Mp 29s are just as good. When all is said and done they aren't a lot different to the 14s.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

You should make a video of your tour quality swing with those 14's and post it here on GR.

All you have to do is turn on the Tele with a satellite connection........
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    You should make a video of your tour quality swing with those 14's and post it here on GR.
    Don't hold your breath!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I have raised this matter before but was largely shot down by the GR faithful. So what you are saying is that Tigers current iron setup 3-PW is equivalent to the modern 4-GW lofts?

No wonder he can carry 56* & 60* wedges if his PW is 50-52*.

It also means, if you are correct, that in modern terms not only is he not bagging a 2 iron anymore, he's not even bagging a 3 iron?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    You're really getting up on the soapbox about steel shafts lately, NN.
    It's the only thing Nifty and Larry have in common.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I have the hogan apex ftx blades with graphite shafts and have tried the cb steel shafted hogans and found they felt bulky and heavier.My graphite hogans are very accurate and hit long with the 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by dano8238
    I have the hogan apex ftx blades with graphite shafts and have tried the cb steel shafted hogans and found they felt bulky and heavier.My graphite hogans are very accurate and hit long with the 3 and 4.
    Whatever works for you. I personally like a heavy feeling in both my irons and my wedges. It helps me keep my tempo under control, and I feel more confident hitting in heavy lies knowing I will be able to drive the club through the rough with ease. It's mostly psychological, anyway. Whatever you like from a feel and/or visual standpoint will give you more confidence and lead to a better, less tense, smoother and therefore more controllable swing.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Thread Information