|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

why doesn't everyone bag mp-14's with X stiff shafts?

it was said in another thread, that hackers don't benefit from consistent and true equipment (no offset). I call BS, even if their swing is not consistent enough to notice the difference, at least the clubs will be consistent. i see it like this: An inconsistent swing + an inconsistent regular flex graphite shaft = 2X inconsistent results

And how often will these 2 variables hook up and produce a true result?

This just goes to prove that the golfing industry is aimed at making people worse golfers and constantly looking to upgrade their POS chopper equipment, but i already came to this conclusion when they started making 4 inch tees to accommodate the toppers

For one thing, most sets of MP-14s are worn beyond use now. Casual players didn't buy that club, so I wouldn't expect to find a pristine set.

For my part, I wish more guys at the club would play classic blades so that it would be easier to collect their money. If playing steel shafted blades increases your fun, go for it, but I've played with every kind of club over 51 years, and I know that they won't do anything to improve one's game.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick
    For one thing, most sets of MP-14s are worn beyond use now. Casual players didn't buy that club, so I wouldn't expect to find a pristine set.

For my part, I wish more guys at the club would play classic blades so that it would be easier to collect their money. If playing steel shafted blades increases your fun, go for it, but I've played with every kind of club over 51 years, and I know that they won't do anything to improve one's game.
    so what's your point, besides sidetracking the real argument here?

People love to say that they will "take someone's money" if they play a certain kind of club. Bull. Lets say someone had a 12 handicap with one type of club and a 14 after switching to another. You will only take their money during the period that they are going from a 12 to a 14. Once they are there, if they play to their handicap, you won't take their money unless you are a sandbagger.

the reason is because the 33 is the pinnacle... now had you asked why doesnt everyone bag 33's i would have went WOW... THIS GUY IS IN THE KNOW.

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by ripit35
    it was said in another thread, that hackers don't benefit from consistent and true equipment (no offset). I call BS, even if their swing is not consistent enough to notice the difference, at least the clubs will be consistent. i see it like this: An inconsistent swing + an inconsistent regular flex graphite shaft = 2X inconsistent results

And how often will these 2 variables hook up and produce a true result?

This just goes to prove that the golfing industry is aimed at making people worse golfers and constantly looking to upgrade their POS chopper equipment, but i already came to this conclusion when they started making 4 inch tees to accommodate the toppers
    The reason MOST people dont play MP14's with X Stiff shafts is

1. MOST players ball striking is not consistent enough to obtain anything like consistent results with MP14's

2. MOST people are not able to practice enough to become that consistent (Work, kids, wife you know)

3. MOST peoples swing speed is not enough to use X Stiff shafts

Question answered

Close thread please

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

LOL................33s ........are the pinnacle. BS .................You cant find a better iron than the MP-14. 14s are as good as it gets with GFF, and then after that the 33s come in to the picture . But not before the mp-14s. You gotta get the facts straight on your GFF knowledge before making such claims. MP-14s will always be the best in the GFF line of quality forgings.
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

Any club or set of clubs can be reshafted.

Complaining about the shaft options on a "no longer manufactured" set is a worthy use of time.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by ProStatus
    LOL................33s ........are the pinnacle. BS .................You cant find a better iron than the MP-14. 14s are as good as it gets with GFF, and then after that the 33s come in to the picture . But not before the mp-14s. You gotta get the facts straight on your GFF knowledge before making such claims. MP-14s will always be the best in the GFF line of quality forgings.
    the 33's, 14's, and 37's are all really close... almost no difference in feel, workability, and trajectory at all really...

mizuno set the standard for blades a long time ago... they are the reference for other OEM's in regards to design... that being said their are a lot of great blades out there but a they all look to mizuno as the standard...

The MP-14s are a full club weaker lofted than the 33s and 37s.
    The MP-29s, nearly identical to the14s, had the modern strong lofts.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick
    The MP-14s are a full club weaker lofted than the 33s and 37s.
    The MP-29s, nearly identical to the14s, had the modern strong lofts.
    practically the only difference is the lofts...

Thread Information