|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Too Sick to Play

I've been battling coincidental sinus and bronchial infections. There's no getting away with not walking Fidel for 90 minutes, but once we're home, I collapse instead of heading out to the club for lunch and golf. The old lady will not walk Fidel as he growls and shows her his teeth when she gets on his nerves. (I wish I had thought of that first.)

Anyway, i was playing really well, and now I've had to shut it down. Bummer. I was benching the twin Naks for a Hot X 202cc spoon and wanted to flesh that strategy out a little more.

Everybody else up and running?

I've been sick with a cold the last few weeks that I just can't seem to shake off. Had one weekend two weeks ago where I didn't play at all and although I've played the past two weekends it's still leaving me listless and lacking in energy.

If I DON"T want to play golf it's proof I am VERY sick!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I've been on hiatus from real play for a couple weeks, due to a move. I was dog-sick during a golf trip awhile ago. Talk about a shity time to get ill. Everyone else was geared up to party and play 36 a day while I was thinking about sleep and finding something to eat that wouldn't fly out my ass.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Rain finally shut off here in Oklahoma so I went out and celebrated by playing 40 holes on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. I am currently getting my work done for the week so I can go out and play Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week.

Sorry you're sick, NN . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Yea I have to let the back finish healing and I also want to get a handle on this 3 wood before I play another round. Im going to give it two weeks and then go break 100. I will of course post my score when I go. I will be honest even if I shoot 120

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJeff
    Yea I have to let the back finish healing and I also want to get a handle on this 3 wood before I play another round. Im going to give it two weeks and then go break 100. I will of course post my score when I go. I will be honest even if I shoot 120
    I find it's best to post 100's regardless of what I shoot so I can inflate my handicap and win some events. There's this guy who taught me how to justify this so I don't feel like a cheating, lying, underhanded scumbag.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I find it's best to post 100's regardless of what I shoot so I can inflate my handicap and win some events. There's this guy who taught me how to justify this so I don't feel like a cheating, lying, underhanded scumbag.
    Thats interesting

Which lying, cheating piece of shite taught you that?

I cant imagine which lowlife no good scumsucking dickwipe on GR would do such a thing.............

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Don't be a Larry.....DOH!!

Remember, it's not whether you cheat, it's why. There are times when the only honorable thing to do is cheat.

For instance, if you find that you can't win a handicap adjusted event unless you've cheated by posting false scores, then the honorable thing is to do so, unless by doing so you win.

But beware. Maintaining an honorable, false handicap is more difficult than it might seem. The dual, conflicting requirements of trying to maintain both an ego and sandbagged handicap might become so confusing, you might find yourself not posting at all for, say, a year or so.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Remember, it's not whether you cheat, it's why. There are times when the only honorable thing to do is cheat.

For instance, if you find that you can't win a handicap adjusted event unless you've cheated by posting false scores, then the honorable thing is to do so, unless by doing so you win.

But beware. Maintaining an honorable, false handicap is more difficult than it might seem. The dual, conflicting requirements of trying to maintain both an ego and sandbagged handicap might become so confusing, you might find yourself not posting at all for, say, a year or so.
    This is the great dilemma for Larry.

He wants to tell us he is a 6 to prove he knows what he is talking about in his swing threads yet he wants to really be 30 so that he doesn't always lose and have to buy the beers in every group he plays in.

In NZ we just have one official NZ Affiliation. How does it work in the US? Can you guys literally join different handicapping organisations?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Sorry you're sick, NN . . . . .
    Thank you, my Okie pal. Today I took Fidel to the ballpark to run around because I didn't have the strength to walk him.

[For those who might question my social behavior, I did watch him and then pick up.]

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    This is the great dilemma for Larry.

He wants to tell us he is a 6 to prove he knows what he is talking about in his swing threads yet he wants to really be 30 so that he doesn't always lose and have to buy the beers in every group he plays in.

In NZ we just have one official NZ Affiliation. How does it work in the US? Can you guys literally join different handicapping organisations?
    I don't know how it works everywhere, but in each state or region in which I've played, there's one official golf association that admimisters handicap information. In Southern California, it's the Southern California Golf Association (SCGA). That's the organization that collects the false scores Larry provides. When I play in a different state or region, normally I post scores with the local similar organization which then routs my score to the SCGA.
    GR lives...

Thread Information