|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Ugh, It's back! HELP!!

Got confirmation from the people I played with today, I've got the fishing line cast again.

I fixed it back when I first started but It's back *sigh* I have no idea how to stop this crap.
    Head is steady, backswing is on plane then BAM, over the top hacker move.
    Started golfing June-2008

Nike Sasquatch 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
    Nike Sasquatch 15* w/True Temper SpeedStep Stiff
    Nike Slingshot OSS 18* w/True Temper Gold Stiff
    Mizuno MP 67 3-P, Project X 6.0
    Cleveland CG 14 52/10, +1"
    Cleveland CG 14 58/10, +1"
    Nike IC 20-20
    Taylormade TP Red

Hm. Tough to explain my remedy for this one.

Maybe try hitting some balls, and from the top of your swing, try to swing DOWN with your WTISTS, very quickly. Take the wrists straight down. Focus on holding your wrist cock from the top of the swing until about half way down..

Start with short clubs, and 3/4 swings.

You might not be cocking your wrists properly.

Video would be nice.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

I wish I had a camcorder so I could watch for myself Lol.

I figured something was wrong and I was losing power from this when I was on the range hitting little half 52* wedge shots at a 70Yd flag, Then I took a full shot and it went... 75 yds.

Im surprised Im actually striking the ball even half decent since I have this OTT ****, I know its costing me the distance I'm missing.

Nike IC 20-20
    Taylormade TP Red

Focus on starting the downswing with your lower body. Try to get the feeling that you are pushing down with your left foot at the start of the downswing to get the weight going to the left side. I occassionally have your probelm and it's always because I don't get the lower body moving before the arms.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight
    Got confirmation from the people I played with today, I've got the fishing line cast again.

I fixed it back when I first started but It's back *sigh* I have no idea how to stop this crap.
    The fix for this is dead easy!
    On the downswing keep your right elbow tucked into your right side. This will stop casting and create lag.
    You're welcome.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    On the downswing keep your right elbow tucked into your right side. This will stop casting and create lag.
    You're welcome.

Hm. That sounds like a good fix.

I could see someone casting still - Even if only with the wrist.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    You're welcome.
    yeah your right it will cause you to shift your plane.... but what if the player if CF??? or what if theyre already CP??? they could either go WAY underplane, or they could go opposite of whats easiest for them... while obviously its not a good idea to cast not everyone is supposed to drop it inside... also you dont create lag this way... lag is one of the hardest things to teach, i recomend you go to a instructor of post i video so someone (an instructor) can tell you what your doing wrong... it sounds more like clubhead throwaway (or a flip in common terms) to me rather than a cast, but a cast can cause CHTA... i video would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Focus on starting the downswing with your lower body. Try to get the feeling that you are pushing down with your left foot at the start of the downswing to get the weight going to the left side. I occassionally have your probelm and it's always because I don't get the lower body moving before the arms.
    do you go to an instructor??? cause thats straight TGM i love that stuff... no one teaches using the ground as leverage they ALL teach pushing OFF the ground not into it.... very nice... i dont know where you picked that up but thats such a big part of the swing... pushing into the ground, NOT pushing off it...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight

Here's your fix - swing back to the top, and STOP, then hold your shoulders in place while you let your hands simply "drop" to start the downswing. Let your shoulders follow once your hands have moved.

You ought to be on plane if you do that.

Try some forward-arm only (left arm for righties, and vice-versa for lefties) swings and learn to feel the release of the club, watch the clubhead path carefully and make sure you swing the clubhead straight down the target line.

Hope that helps.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    do you go to an instructor??? cause thats straight TGM i love that stuff... no one teaches using the ground as leverage they ALL teach pushing OFF the ground not into it.... very nice... i dont know where you picked that up but thats such a big part of the swing... pushing into the ground, NOT pushing off it...
    I actually got it from an article by Paddy Harrington. He said when he hits it well he can see an imprint in the ground where his left heel plants. His swing is actually very basic and easy to repeat. I don't take all the stuff he does in, but I've found the thing about planting the left foot down to start the downswing works well for me.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Went out again today, going out tommorrow also lol

The problem is 100% in my swing, My good friend (the scratch) thought it was the clubs but after making pure contact time and time again we found the problem, I fixed the OTT move but I'm still releasing WAY early and losing all of my distance. I'm trying everything I can to release throught he ball but I can't do it anymore

Going from 250-270 yd drives to 190-200 today was absolutly sad. There wasnt even the normal on course **** talk, it was Hmm.. How do we fix this.

Nike IC 20-20
    Taylormade TP Red

Thread Information