|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: TM Burner irons

Red face TM Burner irons

Has anyone played the TM Burner irons?

Thanks

I sampled them at a demo day. My impression was that they looked cheesy and had a dead muted feel no matter where you hit them on the face...I would probably put them in the x-22 category. There is no real innovative technology that will boost your game over a similar style iron head...you may see some improvement if you hit one with a good shaft that fits your swing (available in kbs, project x, DG, nippon, etc)., but a good shaft will improve any iron. If you want to get a mass produced shovel, then save yourself some money and get a model that has been out a few years, and make sure the shaft suits your swing.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I sampled them at a demo day. My impression was that they looked cheesy and had a dead muted feel no matter where you hit them on the face...I would probably put them in the x-22 category. There is no real innovative technology that will boost your game over a similar style iron head...you may see some improvement if you hit one with a good shaft that fits your swing (available in kbs, project x, DG, nippon, etc)., but a good shaft will improve any iron. If you want to get a mass produced shovel, then save yourself some money and get a model that has been out a few years, and make sure the shaft suits your swing.
    Or, become a better golfer and play the MP-67s that Purist has posted in his bag . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A Golfer
    Has anyone played the TM Burner irons?

Thanks
    Are you wearing panties ?

IMO the Burners are very cheap looking clubs that look more like knock offs than OEM clubs. I could envisage the stickers in the back cavities coming off and the clubs falling apart.

In that category, I'd reccomend you look at Powerbilt Citation or the Wilson Ci7 or Di7. The Ci7's are sweet looking clubs that aren't as clunky as the Burners, and feel very solid. A demo of them is the thing that got me looking at Wilsons to start off with. Both Powerbilt and Wilson will be heaps cheaper than the Burners but much higher quality.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    IMO the Burners are very cheap looking clubs that look more like knock offs than OEM clubs. I could envisage the stickers in the back cavities coming off and the clubs falling apart.

In that category, I'd reccomend you look at Powerbilt Citation or the Wilson Ci7 or Di7. The Ci7's are sweet looking clubs that aren't as clunky as the Burners, and feel very solid. A demo of them is the thing that got me looking at Wilsons to start off with. Both Powerbilt and Wilson will be heaps cheaper than the Burners but much higher quality.
    dittoes on the Ci7 irons.. they won the Golf Digest GI comparison a year or so back, against some very good clubs... they were workable and easy to hit and went a long way, so said all the testers, and I've hit them and enjoyed it. If I was looking for a GI set, the Ci7 would be my first choice, over Callaway and anyone else. Plus Wilson shafts are, I believe, a True Temper product.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

easybuygolf.com

Ya,I am playing this one recently.performs pretty well.Purchased from online named easybuygolf.com last month.Everything goes well now.I also found ping G10 irons arepretty good too.

Thread Information