|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

To walk or to ride

It been a while since we talked about the subject or walking or riding.

I prefer to walk. I will ride if the green fee already includes the cart though.
    Clearly the rules don't apply in this situation.

I used to like these threads too but it won't be accurate. Most of the people who claim to walk are actually lazy bums who ride all the time. I just don't understand how you feel the depth and geometry of a golf course by riding it.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

I walk 75% of the time, but if I am going out as a single and get paired with riders I will ride.I absoluty refuse to rush and chase carts around the track.
    Taylormade R7 425-
    Taylormade R5Dual-15*
    3 - E : Hogan Apex TT DG S300
    52/56/60 Hogan Riviera
    Ping Anser 2 85068
    _ Prov1______________________________

Hi

People who use buggys fall into 4 distinct groups

1. Lame

2. Lazy

3. Infirm

4. Fat Americans

Glad to be of help, thread closed

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Walking is great, i walk most of the time, unless its an outing and im drinking a lot. I've noticed i play better when i walk as i do not have to wait for my cart mate to go to his ball and its peaceful to walk to your ball by yourself and think about you next shot. Exercise is great too!
    Callaway Hyper X 9 Degree Stiff
    Cleveland Launcher 19 Degree Fairway wood
    Cleveland CG4 Irons
    Cleveland CG10 Wedges
    Karsten Ping Putter

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHuskers
    It been a while since we talked about the subject or walking or riding.

I prefer to walk. I will ride if the green fee already includes the cart though.
    I prefer to walk, but will ride if my playing partner wants to. There are courses running through real estate developments (or here in BC, on the sides of mountains) where the walks between greens and tees are simply too long or too much climbing, but other than those, I'd rather walk.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Carts are a blight on the game and should only be used for those physically incapable of walking 18 holes.
    Carts are primarily revenue raisers and detract from the enjoyment of the game by those who walk.
    Cart paths are ugly no matter how you try to hide them, and when courses are soft carts tear them up.
    If you are a player who routinely uses a cart for no other reason than laziness, have a good hard look at yourself. Walk and commune with nature as intended!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Edgey,

I haven't been to your island so forgive my ignorance. Is it commonplace to walk?
    In the good ol USA you have to specify that you're walking or you will be charged a cart fee and issued a key. Sometimes even after you declare that you're walking they charge a cart fee and issue a key. Then they act like its a big pain in the a$$ to correct your transaction.
    Last week I played in the hundred degree weather. I walked. The "pro shop assistant" (i.e. cashier) got on the radio to inform the starter that A WALKER WAS COMING DOWN. I thought that was a little stupid but then when I was standing next to the starter I heard an even better one. The PSA called the starter and told him that A JUNIOR WALKER WAS COMING DOWN TO JOIN ME!!!!

I think it goes beyond the statement americans are fat and lazy. The root cause of the problem is that we don't want to be seen as cheap even by a punk 17 year old cashier. That little fukking bastard was obviously trying to shame us. I didn't pay him any mind. I complained on the website about his professional attributes. I don't think the mgmt really cares because its an attitude they want to foster. Pay a round fee, pay a cart fee. If you don't its because you're cheap.

I walked a lot when I was younger, Now at 58.5 , it's not easy to walk as before, especially my knees are going out on me, that's why I stopped playing tennis... I still walk , but only when it's < 75F and the course is flat

Edgey,

I haven't been to your island so forgive my ignorance. Is it commonplace to walk?
    In the good ol USA you have to specify that you're walking or you will be charged a cart fee and issued a key. Sometimes even after you declare that you're walking they charge a cart fee and issue a key. Then they act like its a big pain in the a$$ to correct your transaction.
    Last week I played in the hundred degree weather. I walked. The "pro shop assistant" (i.e. cashier) got on the radio to inform the starter that A WALKER WAS COMING DOWN. I thought that was a little stupid but then when I was standing next to the starter I heard an even better one. The PSA called the starter and told him that A JUNIOR WALKER WAS COMING DOWN TO JOIN ME!!!!

I think it goes beyond the statement americans are fat and lazy. The root cause of the problem is that we don't want to be seen as cheap even by a punk 17 year old cashier. That little fukking bastard was obviously trying to shame us. I didn't pay him any mind. I complained on the website about his professional attributes. I don't think the mgmt really cares because its an attitude they want to foster. Pay a round fee, pay a cart fee. If you don't its because you're cheap.
    It worries me that the American attitude to carts is now being adopted in Australia. Most higher quality and resort courses are now cart dominated. It's one American phenomonen you can keep to yourselves.
    Unfortunately this will not happen, and we will soon be overtaken by fat, lazy bums tearing around in carts while the course owners make $40 extra per round from the suckers.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I wonder how much money they make off of carts. Surely they increase the maintenance fees of the facility. At the very least the make the fairway a he11 of a lot more matted down and unsupple. I played the other day on a brand new nine. The course had a front nine and literally just opened the back. The difference in the fairways was unbelievable.

I just did a round yesterday after work and shared a cart with a buddy who had a slight injury,I did have my pull cart but put it back in the truck.Rather than wait and drive around looking for his ball every shot,I would grab a couple of clubs with my putter and go ahead with the other guys we were golfing with.On the 18th I was putting with my 8 iron,I will never share a power cart again,I do prefer to walk anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by dano8238
    I just did a round yesterday after work and shared a cart with a buddy who had a slight injury,I did have my pull cart but put it back in the truck.Rather than wait and drive around looking for his ball every shot,I would grab a couple of clubs with my putter and go ahead with the other guys we were golfing with.On the 18th I was putting with my 8 iron,I will never share a power cart again,I do prefer to walk anyways.
    Thats an excellent point that I forgot to put on paper. Generally a cart gets dominated by one of the 2 riders. I have played with many a guy that needed 95% percent of the carts time before. By the third hole I was walking again, I told him that I needed to get my legs looser. I didn't think it was polite to tell my pseudo-boss that he is a terrible golfer and a selfish pr1ck.

Edgey,

Hi

In England NO ONE uses a cart unless they are REALLY old or disabled. At my course you have to have express written permission from the commitee to use a buggy in competiton. Out of a membership of about 600 we have 14 with such permission. My mate is one (disabled) and he NEVER uses one as it is too embarrasing.

I would say that some hotel courses are trying to introduce buggys but we Brits (Inc the Jocks on this) seem to feel that golf is a hobby that requires you to walk.

I think it is a cultural thing here, as is not drinking alcohol on the course and not shouting in a moronic way "get in the hole" as people tee off on a 600yd par 5.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Hi

In England NO ONE uses a cart unless they are REALLY old or disabled. At my course you have to have express written permission from the commitee to use a buggy in competiton. Out of a membership of about 600 we have 14 with such permission. My mate is one (disabled) and he NEVER uses one as it is too embarrasing.

I would say that some hotel courses are trying to introduce buggys but we Brits (Inc the Jocks on this) seem to feel that golf is a hobby that requires you to walk.

I think it is a cultural thing here, as is not drinking alcohol on the course and not shouting in a moronic way "get in the hole" as people tee off on a 600yd par 5.

Edgey
    Our golfing culture used to be like yours regarding carts, carts used to only be for rich American tourists. That has changed, as you can clearly tell I'm not happy about it.

Legends Course at LPGA in Daytona Florida
    One quick question from a beginner. I currently use a stand bag that has excellent shoulder straps, do you all like the stand bag or the push cart better? Or is that more based on endurance and personal preffernce?

I definitely understand the whole being looked at like your a cheap bastard when you ask to just pay the green fees, I live and play in Mississippi (aka the US's most obese state per person) and they look at you like they wanna kill you and drag you behind one of their carts if you wanna walk.

Personally, I think walking actually speeds up play!
    Driver: Great Big Bertha II, 9.5*; Aldila NV 65S
    Wood: Ping G5, 15*; Aldila NV 75S
    Irons: Titleist 704 CB, 3-P; TrueTemper 300S
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM oil can, 52*,56*,60*
    Putter: Ping iSeries, Anser model
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1

What are carts?
    Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
    Fairway Wood: Titleist 904F 15* Aldila Fairway NV-75 Stiff
    Hyrid: Titleist 585-H 19* Aldila NV-85 Stiff
    Irons: Cobra SSi 3-PW Precision Stiff
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM54*, Titleist Vokey SM58*
    Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5
    Ball: Tilteist ProV1

I have a fairly hard and fast rule. If carts are compulsory i.e. resort course with tees up to 1 mile from greens etc, I ride. If not I walk. Always. Like OP I am dismayed at the prevelance of carts on courses these days. If they served a purpose, like speeding up play, I would be all for it. But from my observations, carts are usually parked at the front of greens so the fat slobs can easily access them after putting out, then usually proceed to sit their fat cans down and fill out the card before trundling off. Not to mention the guys who get them are usually lazy, out of shape slobs who show the same dedication to pactice and lessons as they do to walking, i.e they are hackers who chop it up and shoot in the 90's. They don't speed play up one iota as far as I can tell.

The only advantage to carts I can see is from the pro who rents them out. They are a huge money spinner and probably their biggest single source of income. At our club there are only about ten carts, but on Saturday they are booked solid for morning and afternoon tee times at $35 a pop for 18 holes. Plus they are all usually out for hackers plaing nine holes in the afternoon at $25 a pop. And during the week they would hire out at least 10 a day. And that's winter, you can add 10 carts every afternoon after work and another extra 10 at least on weekends during summer. Do the math, that's alot of money for basically no effort apart from getting them out of the garage in the morning and putting them back at the end of the day. Fortunately at our club we have a good guy running the pro shop who passes on some of this river of gold in the way of great deals to members, but at most clubs it's money for jam for the pro.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by koltaustin
    One quick question from a beginner. I currently use a stand bag that has excellent shoulder straps, do you all like the stand bag or the push cart better? Or is that more based on endurance and personal preffernce?

I definitely understand the whole being looked at like your a cheap bastard when you ask to just pay the green fees, I live and play in Mississippi (aka the US's most obese state per person) and they look at you like they wanna kill you and drag you behind one of their carts if you wanna walk.

Personally, I think walking actually speeds up play!
    I'm sure you already know this. Pull carts suck a$$. I've never used a push cart but it looks fairly easy. I like stand bags. You can put a stand bag on a cart or tote it. The best thing about stand bags is that you can bring them right up to the apron with you. That way you can look at your lie before shot selection, club selection.. Riding in carts makes you grab a shitload of clubs or be committed to using the club in hand without respect to the lie. I like walking. I agree with NAH that carts don't speed up play. Since they encourage new players to hit more mulligans I'd say they slow play down. I've walked in a foursome that waited on a cart foursome the whole round before.

I think what is most disappointing is that caddies have nearly completely vanished. Every time I go to a new, very nice course, I hope to find a place that has caddies. Alas, they're few and far between. I spent 9 years caddying starting when I was 12 and simply cannot believe courses have gotten away from it.

There is simply nothing better than a round walking with a caddy. WTF is wrong with courses these days???!?!?!?
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

Quote Originally Posted by wofat
    I think what is most disappointing is that caddies have nearly completely vanished. Every time I go to a new, very nice course, I hope to find a place that has caddies. Alas, they're few and far between. I spent 9 years caddying starting when I was 12 and simply cannot believe courses have gotten away from it.

There is simply nothing better than a round walking with a caddy. WTF is wrong with courses these days???!?!?!?
    Australia has never had a caddy system, at least as long as I've been around, which is a shame. As a kid I used to caddy for a bloke who lived across the street and I used to really look forward to it, but it wasn't part of any organised thing. Caddying was what got me interested in joining a club and playig competitively. I've also caddied for players in major pennants and for a mate who plays in the big amatuer events, and IMO caddying for good players is the next best thing to playing. I hate carts and would never pay to ride, but I would definitely pay a caddy with local knowledge to carry my clubs.

Maybe the reason caddy's are on the way out over there is because the carrying the clubs isn't enough for the fat lazy slobs. They need something to carry them too. When you really look at it, golf whilst riding in a cart could not even be considered a sport at all. It's about as much a sport as darts or snooker, except the average darts player actually looks more athletic than the average cart riding golfer.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 07-12-2009 at 06:10 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Hey... not all Americans are fat slobs (though I'll hand it to you, many are). But it seems that the courses got rid of caddies for some other reason. Lack of caddies? I can't believe it if it's true, but that's what I hear.

Caddying is pretty much the best money anyone between 12 - 20 can make. Work hard at it and make a boatload. I just can't believe that's the situation, but that's what I'm told.
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

Quote Originally Posted by wofat
    Hey... not all Americans are fat slobs (though I'll hand it to you, many are). But it seems that the courses got rid of caddies for some other reason. Lack of caddies? I can't believe it if it's true, but that's what I hear.

Caddying is pretty much the best money anyone between 12 - 20 can make. Work hard at it and make a boatload. I just can't believe that's the situation, but that's what I'm told.
    My generalisations on cart riders are based on what I see here, not America. In Australia caddying has never really caught on as we are not a country that like to pay extra's for services. Unlike America, we don't have a structured tipping system either. We pay for our goods and services, and if we like what we got we determine what sort of tip is forthcoming.

It's sad to think that Caddy Shack has become a golfing period piece. I always like to think there are golf clubs out there in your country where dope smoking delinquints can go and earn an hnest living.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I have a fairly hard and fast rule. If carts are compulsory i.e. resort course with tees up to 1 mile from greens etc, I ride. If not I walk. Always. Like OP I am dismayed at the prevelance of carts on courses these days. If they served a purpose, like speeding up play, I would be all for it. But from my observations, carts are usually parked at the front of greens so the fat slobs can easily access them after putting out, then usually proceed to sit their fat cans down and fill out the card before trundling off. Not to mention the guys who get them are usually lazy, out of shape slobs who show the same dedication to pactice and lessons as they do to walking, i.e they are hackers who chop it up and shoot in the 90's. They don't speed play up one iota as far as I can tell.

The only advantage to carts I can see is from the pro who rents them out. They are a huge money spinner and probably their biggest single source of income. At our club there are only about ten carts, but on Saturday they are booked solid for morning and afternoon tee times at $35 a pop for 18 holes. Plus they are all usually out for hackers plaing nine holes in the afternoon at $25 a pop. And during the week they would hire out at least 10 a day. And that's winter, you can add 10 carts every afternoon after work and another extra 10 at least on weekends during summer. Do the math, that's alot of money for basically no effort apart from getting them out of the garage in the morning and putting them back at the end of the day. Fortunately at our club we have a good guy running the pro shop who passes on some of this river of gold in the way of great deals to members, but at most clubs it's money for jam for the pro.
    You're lucky NAH! At our course their are over 50 carts and they are booked solid also. We have 36 holes, and many of the carts are booked by hacker green fee players on the 2nd. 18. They tear around the joint with no respect for the course or other players. Now our management has just spent heaps of money putting in more cart paths to stop the courses being torn up. Like I said they are an American curse we can do without.
    In fact posting on this thread is making me angrier and angrier about the situation at my club.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    If it's a resort course with tees up to 1 mile from greens
    Wow that's a long hole. I assume it's a par 5. You think you'll still be able to reach it in two with that new 3 wood?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I'm in the same camp as Edgey, Oldplayer and NAH on this issue. I walk 100% of the time at my home course and 99% of the time at other courses. The only time I use the carts are at some of the resort style courses that really are long and as NAH mentioned the next tee is sometimes miles from the previous green. Also some of these courses are built on mountain goat country and it is a long hike up hills to the tees and the carts really do save time in those situations.

At my club we have carts available but they're rarely used in regular weekend competition rounds. The main people I see using them are oldies who really do have trouble walking the course or visitors.

The other people I see using them a lot are young hackers who are just out for a fun time and getting a cart is part of the fun of a golf day out. These guys are usually young & fit and there is no reason that they shouldn't be walking but they just choose to take the carts for the fun of it and I guess it's easier to carry more beer in a cart. I have nothing against these young guys having a good time as long as they respect the course and other golfers on the course.

The ones that pi$$ me off are the regular golfers who are overweight, middle age, lazy fat b@stards that really look like they could use the extra exercise but are just too lazy to walk and instead they choose to ride in a cart. In weekend competition carts should be banned and these fat lazy fukkers should be made to walk with the rest of the field IMHO.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I'm in the same camp as Edgey, Oldplayer and NAH on this issue. I walk 100% of the time at my home course and 99% of the time at other courses. The only time I use the carts are at some of the resort style courses that really are long and as NAH mentioned the next tee is sometimes miles from the previous green. Also some of these courses are built on mountain goat country and it is a long hike up hills to the tees and the carts really do save time in those situations.

At my club we have carts available but they're rarely used in regular weekend competition rounds. The main people I see using them are oldies who really do have trouble walking the course or visitors.

The other people I see using them a lot are young hackers who are just out for a fun time and getting a cart is part of the fun of a golf day out. These guys are usually young & fit and there is no reason that they shouldn't be walking but they just choose to take the carts for the fun of it and I guess it's easier to carry more beer in a cart. I have nothing against these young guys having a good time as long as they respect the course and other golfers on the course.

The ones that pi$$ me off are the regular golfers who are overweight, middle age, lazy fat b@stards that really look like they could use the extra exercise but are just too lazy to walk and instead they choose to ride in a cart. In weekend competition carts should be banned and these fat lazy fukkers should be made to walk with the rest of the field IMHO.
    I'm not sure given Edgey's familial connections and the clubs in his bag that the words camp and edgey should appear in the same sentence. Some references, no matter how obscure are best not made in the interests of good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I'm not sure given Edgey's familial connections and the clubs in his bag that the words camp and edgey should appear in the same sentence. Some references, no matter how obscure are best not made in the interests of good taste.

Whoa!!!

Well spotted OP. Is that what's known as a Freudian slip?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Whoa!!!

Well spotted OP. Is that what's known as a Freudian slip?
    Better check with edgey, he is never short of an expert opinion.

Our golfing culture used to be like yours regarding carts, carts used to only be for rich American tourists. That has changed, as you can clearly tell I'm not happy about it.
    Our golfing culture is the same. Older courses are designed for walking and although carts are available there is no separate cart path. But most of the newer resort style courses are set up for carts with built in cart paths and sometimes a cart is compulsory.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by koltaustin
    I think it's personal preference but I like to use both. In the summer or in situations where I can play quickly I prefer a stand/carry bag. In situations where the play is slow and you are often waiting for the group ahead I prefer a push cart (or trundler as they are known here) especially as mine has a seat and I can sit down and take a rest occasionally whilst waiting.

In the winter my carry/stand bag can get too heavy with all the extra wet weather/warm gear/umbrella etc so again I take the push cart.

If I am playing a hilly course I prefer to carry my clubs than push a trundler up hill and down dale.

Now where the f#ck am I?

do you not find that sometimes pushing your clubs as opposed to carrying them can free your shoulders up, i found that when i swapped from carrying to pushing i shaved a couple of shots of my average round, as for buggys, get a grip you lazy bastards. fair play if your disabled or old and just not as able as you once where, but like edgey said about his mate, i think the same applies at my course, even the older boys would be embarresed to climb into cock cart.

We have a great caddy program at my course. You have to play at 8:30 or earlier to get one or they are all hired for the day. I always take a caddy when they are available. At the SPCC, caddies don't really provide any real playing value per se. I would never rely on one of these kids to pull clubs or read greens for me, but they will carry the bag, rake traps, replace divots, help find balls, and maybe even get the yardage. Best way to play IMO.
    The new American courses are very sneaky about the cart policy. The routings make no attempt to allow walking, and some will force you to take a cart.
    There is a sh!t muni close to my house that is 6200 yards, flat as a pancake, with greens and tees right next to each other. I see that place jammed with carts all the time.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    We have a great caddy program at my course. You have to play at 8:30 or earlier to get one or they are all hired for the day. I always take a caddy when they are available. At the SPCC, caddies don't really provide any real playing value per se. I would never rely on one of these kids to pull clubs or read greens for me, but they will carry the bag, rake traps, replace divots, help find balls, and maybe even get the yardage. Best way to play IMO.
    The new American courses are very sneaky about the cart policy. The routings make no attempt to allow walking, and some will force you to take a cart.
    There is a sh!t muni close to my house that is 6200 yards, flat as a pancake, with greens and tees right next to each other. I see that place jammed with carts all the time.
    The 2 courses you told me about Pecan Valley and the Bandit have a green plus cart fee pricing policy. With the amount of guys I see on the course these days it looks like they are really cash strapped.

In Southern California carts are rarely extra. Courses here usually have so much elevation change that you wouldn't want to walk. Here, carts definitely speed up play. Many courses also use them to track players on the course with their built in GPS systems. Course management can see every player on the course and can send a marshall if there is slow play. Carts also provide needed shade at courses that can reach 120+ degrees. Walking doesn't make golf a sport any more than swimming would make fishing a sport! How you choose to get from shot to shot is up to you but you aren't judged on how well you walk so it can't be considered a part of the game!

Fine, based on that premise let's give carts to 10 random players at this year's PGA Championship and see what the rest of the field thinks of that. After all, it doesn't matter how player gets from shot to shot.

My opinion, these theme park courses that are designed with roller coaster cart paths are out of control. How many true championship courses have this obscene layout? Oh, and the cart is not included, the price is built into the fees.

The cart rider who thinks a walker is cheap is probably the same fatso that eats ice cream in an air-conditioned SUV while yelling at cyclists.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    Fine, based on that premise let's give carts to 10 random players at this year's PGA Championship and see what the rest of the field thinks of that. After all, it doesn't matter how player gets from shot to shot.

My opinion, these theme park courses that are designed with roller coaster cart paths are out of control. How many true championship courses have this obscene layout? Oh, and the cart is not included, the price is built into the fees.

The cart rider who thinks a walker is cheap is probably the same fatso that eats ice cream in an air-conditioned SUV while yelling at cyclists.
    What are you rambling on about? You already can't use a cart in tournament rounds and you have a caddie in a tournament to carry your bag. We're talking about recreational play. What difference does it make if you walk or ride? If the only excercise you get is to walk during golf then by all means walk if they'll allow it. Most courses by me don't allow it and there is no walking rate so there is no point arguing about the course making money from carts.

At courses that do charge for a cart, I don't know why they charge per rider. I never pay for more than one rider. What is the rational behind making both riders pay. It should be one set fee for the cart. If they pull that crap with me I pay for one and pick up my buddy out in the fairway.

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    What difference does it make if you walk or ride?
    Has anyone hear ever played a course that didn't allow carts. I guess the big difference is how much do carts hurt the condition of the course. Since I've never played a walking only course I couldn't tell you.

Better check with edgey, he is never short of an expert opinion.
    Careful old player before long you will accuse me of "cheating" delaying tactics whilst conveniantly forgetting the famous underarm bowl.

For the record i have an expert opinion because i am English and therefore better on every level than an Aussie, particularly a short arsed whinging little shite like Ponting.

Edgey

Has anyone hear ever played a course that didn't allow carts. I guess the big difference is how much do carts hurt the condition of the course. Since I've never played a walking only course I couldn't tell you.
    If it helps

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scot...-Aberdeen.html

Suppose if it keeps the lazy, fat, ignorant, burger chewing, arrogant Yanks away it cant be all bad.

Edgey

If it helps

Suppose if it keeps the lazy, fat, ignorant, burger chewing, arrogant Yanks away it cant be all bad.

Edgey
    That may be most moronic story I've ever read! They won't let him use carts for fear they may endanger the wildlife, but they'll allow him to bulldoze the entire property to build a golf course? What do they think? People will run over otters? Most courses I play at have an abundance of wildlife. Snakes, Rabbits, ducks, quail, geese and deer. I've never seen a motorized cart do a single animal any harm. I have seen birds killed by errant tee shots on multiple occasions!

Careful old player before long you will accuse me of "cheating" delaying tactics whilst conveniantly forgetting the famous underarm bowl.

For the record i have an expert opinion because i am English and therefore better on every level than an Aussie, particularly a short arsed whinging little shite like Ponting.

Edgey
    I like nothing better than hearing Ponting (or any losing Aussie) having a good whinge! However as they have become beatable lately his whining and whinging is almost becoming boring. That goes for any Aussie team that loses I guess. Their League team and their coach were also a picture of class and grace in defeat at last years Rugby League World Cup.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Edgey
    Wondered when you would get around to catching up with reading threads.
    And yes, we are all only too aware that you are English, being a totally has-been world power, all you have left is to be opinionated.
    For the record I tend to agree with you about Ponting, he has never been my favorite player. You do have to admit that he can wield the willow though, which is more than can be said for your latest captain, Strauss is it?
    BTW the English haven't won an Ashes test at Lords since 1934!! Good luck old pal!

I like nothing better than hearing Ponting (or any losing Aussie) having a good whinge! However as they have become beatable lately his whining and whinging is almost becoming boring. That goes for any Aussie team that loses I guess. Their League team and their coach were also a picture of class and grace in defeat at last years Rugby League World Cup.
    You're pretty cocky for a New Zealander who's All Blacks are going to get their asses whooped in the upcoming Bledisloe.

You're pretty cocky for a New Zealander who's All Blacks are going to get their asses whooped in the upcoming Bledisloe.
    Pigs will fly over (The Garden of ) Eden Park before that happens. It's been freezing here lately. Those nancy boy Wannabees are going to hate it. Hopefully we'll also have a referee that forces them to actually scrummage rather than do their usual Greg Louganis impression.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Pigs will fly over (The Garden of ) Eden Park before that happens. It's been freezing here lately. Those nancy boy Wannabees are going to hate it. Hopefully we'll also have a referee that forces them to actually scrummage rather than do their usual Greg Louganis impression.
    We shall see....our boys are so tough they don't even feel the cold. As for having a decent ref, anything would be better than having to put up with the crap way the N.Z. officials interpret the game.

Wondered when you would get around to catching up with reading threads.
    And yes, we are all only too aware that you are English, being a totally has-been world power, all you have left is to be opinionated.
    For the record I tend to agree with you about Ponting, he has never been my favorite player. You do have to admit that he can wield the willow though, which is more than can be said for your latest captain, Strauss is it?
    BTW the English haven't won an Ashes test at Lords since 1934!! Good luck old pal!
    And if we do get close to winning i have no doubt Ponting would have the last over bowled underarm if he thought it save his whinging ocker arse.

His decision to allow a 3rd rate spinner to bowl the last overs to a 10 and 11 beggars belief. I assume thats why he whinged like a little b itch to try and cover his inept tactics.

You are correct about our record at Lords but this will only make our victory more sweet. If we do win do you think Ponting will cry for his mommy, like Sergio after the 1999 Open

Edgey

If it helps

Edgey
    I wasn't thinking about it from the wildlife point of view. It really doesn't make sense to block golf carts because of the environmental damage after they allowed the bulldozing. Of course, that isn't the real reason to begin with. I think the council is disallowing carts by tradition and using the most airtight excuse they have...environmental damage to preserve their perspective of the game.

From the golfers point of view, I was wondering how much more plush a fairway is when it doesn't have 1000 lb golf carts rolling all over the grass all day long. I bet the fairways wouldn't look like 1000 head of cattle trampled through their and would actually provide the plush lie you SHOULD be rewarded with instead of a quarter inch of clearance between the bottom of the ball and the ground.

I wasn't thinking about it from the wildlife point of view. It really doesn't make sense to block golf carts because of the environmental damage after they allowed the bulldozing. Of course, that isn't the real reason to begin with. I think the council is disallowing carts by tradition and using the most airtight excuse they have...environmental damage to preserve their perspective of the game.

From the golfers point of view, I was wondering how much more plush a fairway is when it doesn't have 1000 lb golf carts rolling all over the grass all day long. I bet the fairways wouldn't look like 1000 head of cattle trampled through their and would actually provide the plush lie you SHOULD be rewarded with instead of a quarter inch of clearance between the bottom of the ball and the ground.
    In fact this is a much more simple issue.

The council didnt want this golf course but were rail roaded into it by higher authorities.This is their way of pissing Trump off and getting one back on him. The moment they quote enviromental issues they know they are on a sure fire winner.

I love it because this golf course is not about the locals, it is for Trumps rich mates who never walk anywhere and the council know it.

Politics, dont you love it

Edgey

Legends Course at LPGA in Daytona Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    I have seen birds killed by errant tee shots on multiple occasions!

Ha, I myself killed one just two weeks ago on a par three, hit an 8 iron thin, and the poor mockingbird made my ball stop just short of the green. I did get a nice up and down from it though!
    Driver: Great Big Bertha II, 9.5*; Aldila NV 65S
    Wood: Ping G5, 15*; Aldila NV 75S
    Irons: Titleist 704 CB, 3-P; TrueTemper 300S
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM oil can, 52*,56*,60*
    Putter: Ping iSeries, Anser model
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Thread Information