|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Adams XTD -anyone tried it yet?

Living in UK, we seem to take ages to get new stuff over here..... I am have thus ordered a 10.5 XTD A3 from West Coast somewhere.. and it is flying over to me on a big bird in the sky. ..getting to me in around 8 days.

BUT

has anyone bought one on here? anyone tried one on here? is the hype and talk of this club , all good and it is the next 'big thing' ???

PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY
    Driver - Adams Insight XTD; 10.5; reg Aldila DVS shaft, tipped 14 mm to 'firm'

Woods- Makser TW400 FW 3 & 5 wood

Hybrids; 2 Nickent 4DX DC ironwoods

Irons - Nickent 4DX Cavity Backs 5 -PW UST 3 Speedrated in stiff

Wedges; Adams Pugielli 52 and 58

Putter; Rossa Sukura

This is a GOLF forum. Questions and reviews about anything from Adams would more likely be found on a site that calls itself a HACKERS forum.

And although it's a rule not to pick on newbies here, your whole set make up has a decidedly limp wristed look about it.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Ask Rory...............
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    This is a GOLF forum. Questions and reviews about anything from Adams would more likely be found on a site that calls itself a HACKERS forum.

And although it's a rule not to pick on newbies here, your whole set make up has a decidedly limp wristed look about it.
    I'll be trying out the XTD Pro as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Oh wait... I'll be HACKING with one as soon as... you know.

My new V2 in my Cleveland HiBore XL Tour is fabulous, speaking of hacking. The Extra Stiff is a huge improvement over the stock stiff shaft... Today on the range I noted a good ten yard increase in carry... with a driver head speed of 112-114 mph, a hacker like me just hacks it too much with a stock stiff...

and with my X-shafted HiBore XLS 13* three wood, I guess I"ll be hacking those long straight 250 yard three wood shots all day.

Yep, those Adams irons just mark me, HACKERHACKERHACKER, just like Tom Watson, who also plays them. Only Watson hits more hybrids than I do.

Tom Watson isn't just a hacker, he's a GAY hacker.

If you go by the NaH/Omen theory. :-)

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MTibbo
    Ask Rory...............
    Rory actually plays the A3 mixed set, not the forged Idea Pro irons. He's got a bag full of boxer hybrids, all the way down to the five iron I think.

And I bet Rory's already hitting the XTD pro driver.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    I'll be trying out the XTD Pro as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Oh wait... I'll be HACKING with one as soon as... you know.

My new V2 in my Cleveland HiBore XL Tour is fabulous, speaking of hacking. The Extra Stiff is a huge improvement over the stock stiff shaft... Today on the range I noted a good ten yard increase in carry... with a driver head speed of 112-114 mph, a hacker like me just hacks it too much with a stock stiff...

and with my X-shafted HiBore XLS 13* three wood, I guess I"ll be hacking those long straight 250 yard three wood shots all day.

Yep, those Adams irons just mark me, HACKERHACKERHACKER, just like Tom Watson, who also plays them. Only Watson hits more hybrids than I do.

Tom Watson isn't just a hacker, he's a GAY hacker.

If you go by the NaH/Omen theory. :-)
    Since when have the Hi bores you are raving about been made by Adams. last time I looked they were made by Cleveland. I think you are losing your mind.

BTW, Watson is definitely a washed up hacker bum these days. The only place him and his hackers Adams clubs belong is on the cart tour. Must be hard for him hitting at flags in the middle of soft greens from wide fairways with little or no rough. Not to mention the forward tees and being driven to each shot. He certainly was something in his day, and would have given Tiger a better run than all the pretenders these days, but his day was about 20 years ago.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

What a friggin twat you are !

Firstly this is a Golfing question
    Secondly a forum was a Roman public meeting place to discuss and exchange
    Thirdly, my choice of club suits me perfectly well - and as for being limp-wristed .. at 21stone and 6 foot 3 inch tall and a Police Officer my wrists have never been so un-limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So all in all Not a Hacker... GET A LIFE

Putter; Rossa Sukura

Quote Originally Posted by Double Gee

Thirdly, my choice of club suits me perfectly well - and as for being limp-wristed .. at 21stone and 6 foot 3 inch tall and a Police Officer my wrists have never been so un-limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double Gee - welcome to GR.

I believe you have taken NaH far too seriously. You seem to have bitten on his little bit of teasing there. Perhaps if you were 22 stone (1 stone of which would be entirely composed of thick skin) then you'd fare better in this environment. Don't take that the wrong way, I'm just trying to warn you that a little friendly measuring of the E-Penis is a common occurrence here. NaH is frequently seen whipping out his E-Penis - in public places no less (shame shame) in some sort of effort to impress those with the largest E-Penises, I.E. those MP iron playing types... You'll undoubtedly cross paths with "Da Man" - our very own Omen2, and some of our other notable LEP guys, who will be immediately identifiable. It's a small bandwagon and they're a tightly knit group... I don't think they're as gay as Brian Gay, though recent events may have somewhat biased my opinion in a different manner - I think a few of them have the hots for Camilo... especially that Lorenzo guy - he's been AWOL for the last couple weeks - I heard he was on the set of "Spider-Man 69"... (@lorenzo - welcome back! )

...and BJ is just weird cuz he likes Pat Hurst and Laura Davies, and takes more care in the pictures of his clubs than the pictures of his kids. Titleist revoked their sponsorship but he still won't take the damned clothes off...

Again, welcome to GR.

FON
    Last edited by FreakOfNature; 02-25-2008 at 11:49 PM.
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

LOL Thanx for the belated warning.

Maybe i have taken NAH too seriously, but having now gone thru the forum previous posts - it seems I am not the only one to have the hump with him...

I wont retract my previous post because i reckon a few may agree with me.... and as it is all a bit of fun, I am sure The Hacker will appreciate the words i have penned.

Putter; Rossa Sukura

Have I tried the new Adams driver? No. I'm not collecting social security yet either.
    I'm having a very hard time reconciling Rory's new contract with Adams. The math just doesn't work out.
    Rory = awesome
    AND
    Adams = sucky
    AND
    Rory = Adams

Back to the drawing board.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

i refuse to dignify this blatant bs thread topic with any kind of response be it witty or serious.

this title would be akin to a thread entitled: Michael Jackson: anyone left their kids with him yet?

it is sick and twisted to think that good decent folk would have anything to do with the likes of something as queer and perverse as that or with michael jackson for that matter.

Omen

if you cant handle the truth you should vacate the forum of truthes... as bequethed by Omen and Co.
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

after careful consideration - I have come to the conclusion that the whole world (or forum) is mad !!

I ask a simple question and decency should have helped to get a response......

I must assume many on here are deranged; on dope or just plain full of themselves.

Good bye

Putter; Rossa Sukura

after careful consideration - I have come to the conclusion that the whole world (or forum) is mad !!

I must assume many on here are deranged; on dope or just plain full of themselves.

Good bye

While those aren't absolute prerequisite traits for most GR members, they are good starting points.

This is GR - where R stands for retards. We ride the short bus to the golf course.

Back to your original inquiry - it is quite possible that nobody on here has tried the Adams XTD yet, but as a courtesy to you they at least responded (albeit tongue-in-cheek), giving your thread some visibility. If you're patient, I'm sure eventually someone who has used one will find this thread and post their impressions.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

daveperk Guest
    Since when have the Hi bores you are raving about been made by Adams. last time I looked they were made by Cleveland. I think you are losing your mind.

BTW, Watson is definitely a washed up hacker bum these days. The only place him and his hackers Adams clubs belong is on the cart tour. Must be hard for him hitting at flags in the middle of soft greens from wide fairways with little or no rough. Not to mention the forward tees and being driven to each shot. He certainly was something in his day, and would have given Tiger a better run than all the pretenders these days, but his day was about 20 years ago.
    HiBore not Adams, but someone said earlier in this thread that Adams was hacker material, and my irons are Adams, so I was responding like the hacker I am. Call me Uncle Fester, I'm in the Adams family.

Watson, unless I misremember, is the current Senior British Open champ. I watched him in a Golf Channel event last year where some mid handicappers were invited to play against pros, and the guy who drew Watson was helpless even with his ten strokes. Watson birdied the first four or five holes of the match, and it was over.

Gawd I wish I was half as washed up as Watson is.

Double Gee,

I hope you by now realise that my comments were not directed as a personal attack on you. I was actually trying to try to draw out some long term Adams fans on this site ut into a flaming war, I just saw your thread as a good opportunity to that. The second part of my response was also an attempt to get some bites from hybrid users. But it was a very transparent attempt, hence no bites.

I graciously accept your response to me on the chin and hope your goodbye is only for this thread. If you hang around you will get to enjoy the cut and thrust of this forum. You will find that all new guys here receive a similar greeting (at least from me). Some of my most respected adversaries on this forum (Dave, Lorenzo, Lyle and even DM) have got the same introduction to me as you have.

Finally, there is no such thing as a simple question on this forum. Any question can be manipulated into a slanging match between traditionalists and techno heads. And decency is not exactly a quality that most of us display whilst on this forum.

HiBore not Adams, but someone said earlier in this thread that Adams was hacker material, and my irons are Adams, so I was responding like the hacker I am. Call me Uncle Fester, I'm in the Adams family.

Watson, unless I misremember, is the current Senior British Open champ. I watched him in a Golf Channel event last year where some mid handicappers were invited to play against pros, and the guy who drew Watson was helpless even with his ten strokes. Watson birdied the first four or five holes of the match, and it was over.

Gawd I wish I was half as washed up as Watson is.
    It's all relative big fella. Watson has been a washed up bum on the real tour for 20 years. I rememebr in the late 80's he started losing his nerve on the greens and was ust missing putts he used to make. He might make birdies on a docile cart tour course and mop the florr with mid cappers but Big Deal. I don't rememebr him doing much on the slick greens of the real tour.

So I must reiterate, Watson = Bum.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 02-26-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Good bye
    The sad thing DG is that if you'd come on asking about the latest driver from Titleist you would have had a huge response from all the 'real golfer' wannabes. They'd all be gushing about how they'd either just demoed it or can't wait to demo it soon in the latest xxxx stiff (big brand name) shaft.

Unfortunately, because they have made their name in game improvement clubs and hybrids, Adams is not a popular brand amongst the purists, traditionalists and supposed 'real men' on this forum.

Sorry to say I haven't demoed it myself so can't offer any info.

Hope the new driver works out for you.

Or shuld that be: Watson + Adams eqipment = Bum.

What ever happened to that old thread anyway?

daveperk Guest
    It's all relative big fella. Watson has been a washed up bum on the real tour for 20 years. I rememebr in the late 80's he started losing his nerve on the greens and was ust missing putts he used to make. He might make birdies on a docile cart tour course and mop the florr with mid cappers but Big Deal. I don't rememebr him doing much on the slick greens of the real tour.

So I must reiterate, Watson = Bum.
    um, I believe Muirfield is on the Open rota... it's also where Watson just won the Senior Open.

Must be one of those docile cart tour courses.

Double Gee,

I hope you by now realise that my comments were not directed as a personal attack on you. I was actually trying to try to draw out some long term Adams fans on this site ut into a flaming war, I just saw your thread as a good opportunity to that. The second part of my response was also an attempt to get some bites from hybrid users. But it was a very transparent attempt, hence no bites.

I graciously accept your response to me on the chin and hope your goodbye is only for this thread. If you hang around you will get to enjoy the cut and thrust of this forum. You will find that all new guys here receive a similar greeting (at least from me). Some of my most respected adversaries on this forum (Dave, Lorenzo, Lyle and even DM) have got the same introduction to me as you have.

Finally, there is no such thing as a simple question on this forum. Any question can be manipulated into a slanging match between traditionalists and techno heads. And decency is not exactly a quality that most of us display whilst on this forum.

Its me again - and let me apologise for my over the top reaction.... (shakes hand) ... no offence is now taken as I understand where you are coming from and I wasnt aware of the on going wind-ups and funnies regarding hybrids etc etc

Now.. the real good news is how good the XTD is..... (why not try one ;) )

I got it shipped and have had 3 rounds with it and it is way and above anything around IMO, that includes the Cobra L4V

I have had a Titleist D1 and rapture in the past number of months, but the performance of this Adams is simply sublime........ consistently straighter than before and i reckon for me, abou 8/10 yards further.

But today was the icing on the cake. My 3 ball included a young lady golfer who is15 years old and a 9 handicap. She is currently having lessons from the England Youth Team Coach and her h/c is tumbling as she improves.

Her driver is a Mens reg R7 and she is a good striker of a ball that is carrying 190 and running to 210 or thereabouts.
    Today she hit the Adams XTD 3 times and each time out drove the R7 by 20 plus yards.. and one drive a staggering 33 paces!

Like me, her parents will be buying and shipping from the USA as the UK wont be getting it for months to come.... but, on our experiences this is one driver that should be considered EVEN if it a game improvement club

It certainly seems to be a great package as it has the brand new Aldila DVS shaft as Stock.

Putter; Rossa Sukura

NO offence taken big fella.

Sounds like you have a good driver for your game and I can't really knock that. I'm only really a hybrid basher, but as they are the king of hybrids and such an easy target I can't help taking shots at all things Adams.

Good luck with your new clubs.

P.S. Were you both hitting from the same tees ?

Whoa, took that a little hard did you, you have to be ready for some abuse on this forum, we all take it. Well most of us.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TmacG
    Whoa, took that a little hard did you, you have to be ready for some abuse on this forum, we all take it. Well most of us.

TmacG
    I think he has realised what you said and the issue has been resolved.

But then again he did put it into print, and if you put it out there you gotta expect some return fire. As we all know this forum is merciless when it comes to over kill and continually dredging up old stuff over and over. One innocently intentioned post can cause a lifetime of flaming for the poster.

Isn't that right HB. Or should that be cargo shorts? Or that guy with a flippy putting stroke?

I think he has realised what you said and the issue has been resolved.

But then again he did put it into print, and if you put it out there you gotta expect some return fire. As we all know this forum is merciless when it comes to over kill and continually dredging up old stuff over and over. One innocently intentioned post can cause a lifetime of flaming for the poster.

Isn't that right HB. Or should that be cargo shorts? Or that guy with a flippy putting stroke?
    Couldn't Agree More.

Flame on.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Hey Double Gee, don't worry about it. Everyone knows that the only decent equipment that Titleist makes is its line of Cameron putters. Their drivers are the biggest POS ever produced and their irons are weak attempts at copying Mizuno irons, especially the weak/ugly ass forgings that Titleist produces.

As far as junk goes, at least know that you're playing better equipment than those morons that play Titleist irons or woods.

I almost forgot the lame ass Spin Milled wedges... basically a wedge on par with the Watson wedges by Adams and the Spin Milled concept in the biggest hoax since Dunlop.
    TM r5 TP Diamana 83
    Mizuno F-50 15*
    Cobra Baffler 20*
    Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T 52*
    Ping iWedge 56*
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Chrome 60* (pfft!)
    Cameron Circa 62 #2
    Mizuno Twister Staff Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Mizunogolfer
    Hey Double Gee, don't worry about it. Everyone knows that the only decent equipment that Titleist makes is its line of Cameron putters. Their drivers are the biggest POS ever produced and their irons are weak attempts at copying Mizuno irons, especially the weak/ugly ass forgings that Titleist produces.

As far as junk goes, at least know that you're playing better equipment than those morons that play Titleist irons or woods.

I almost forgot the lame ass Spin Milled wedges... basically a wedge on par with the Watson wedges by Adams and the Spin Milled concept in the biggest hoax since Dunlop.
    You forgot to lambaste their golf balls during this little tirade. You don't list your ball in your sig. Wouldn't be a pro V1/X would it?

P.S. Liked your critique though. I've always thought titleist was over priced junk compared to Mizuno. I personally wouldn't buy anything titleist due to their exorbitant prices. Also should ruffle a few feathers amongst the titleist using gentry.

>>>>>I almost forgot the lame ass Spin Milled wedges... basically a wedge on par with the Watson wedges by Adams and the Spin Milled concept in the biggest hoax since Dunlop.<<<<<

Im not so sure I, along with others will agree with this statement......explain yourself please....convince me that instead of purchasing 1 SM Vokey, I should go purchase 3 Tom Waston wedges......
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    . We ride the short bus to the golf course. .

FON
    I wanna drive the bus! I wanna drive the bus! (burp)

You forgot to lambaste their golf balls during this little tirade. You don't list your ball in your sig. Wouldn't be a pro V1/X would it?

P.S. Liked your critique though. I've always thought titleist was over priced junk compared to Mizuno. I personally wouldn't buy anything titleist due to their exorbitant prices. Also should ruffle a few feathers amongst the titleist using gentry.

Holy sh*t! I completely forgot about the Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x. Every time that I see a golfer playing either of these balls on a course, I feel like like hitting the dumbass in the head with a 2-iron. I have yet to see the Pro V1 lower anyone's scores and I find more of those balls than any other brand on the course.

Is there a more overhyped product on the face of the planet than the Pro V1? Maybe Amy Winehouse!? They do both have one thing in common... they both SUCK!

Personally, my ball of choice is the Precept U Tri Tour. They are hard to find but I have a seemingly endless supply in my possession.
    TM r5 TP Diamana 83
    Mizuno F-50 15*
    Cobra Baffler 20*
    Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T 52*
    Ping iWedge 56*
    Cameron Circa 62 #2
    Mizuno Twister Staff Bag

Another one rides the bus

I wanna drive the bus! I wanna drive the bus! (burp)

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Holy sh*t! I completely forgot about the Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x. Every time that I see a golfer playing either of these balls on a course, I feel like like hitting the dumbass in the head with a 2-iron. I have yet to see the Pro V1 lower anyone's scores and I find more of those balls than any other brand on the course.

Is there a more overhyped product on the face of the planet than the Pro V1? Maybe Amy Winehouse!? They do both have one thing in common... they both SUCK!

Personally, my ball of choice is the Precept U Tri Tour. They are hard to find but I have a seemingly endless supply in my possession.
    I've nevr bought a box of titleist balls either. I must admit I was curious and got a couple from the ball comps over the years to see what all the fuss was about, and I can't say I understand. The X is undoubtedly a good ball, but IMO no better than the ZURC I use or the B330, which are both cheaper. And the regular ProV1 is a mushy piece of junk that must be designed for slow swingers and old farts.

Good to see I'm not the only one here not blinded by the titleist hype juggernaut.

P.S. The U Tri tour was a great ball but very hard to find these days. I found it a little too spinny off the driver, but around the greens it was unbeatable.

I've nevr bought a box of titleist balls either. I must admit I was curious and got a couple from the ball comps over the years to see what all the fuss was about, and I can't say I understand. The X is undoubtedly a good ball, but IMO no better than the ZURC I use or the B330, which are both cheaper. And the regular ProV1 is a mushy piece of junk that must be designed for slow swingers and old farts.

Good to see I'm not the only one here not blinded by the titleist hype juggernaut.

P.S. The U Tri tour was a great ball but very hard to find these days. I found it a little too spinny off the driver, but around the greens it was unbeatable.

now I am worried - B330 is the ball of choice for me, closely followed by Precepts XP3 and Callaway Big Bertha red tick.

If i've the same ball as NAH and thus the same tastes...... does that mean I will be hating hybrids soon ( leaves room and calls psychatrist}

BTW, couldnt agree more about the Titleist proV thing - too spinny for me and way to expensive ..... cant believe all the club golfers that believe the hype.

Putter; Rossa Sukura

LOL I have played many time with the Pro V1 because I find so many of them on my golf course too.

I've never bought one yet and at that price I'm not likely to either.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

yeah titleist, definitely a poseur company... their balls are crap.

if you cant take advantage of them then purchasing them is stupid... but for those of us who's swing speeds do break 100 it's a pretty decent ball.

Omen

daveperk Guest
    now I am worried - B330 is the ball of choice for me, closely followed by Precepts XP3 and Callaway Big Bertha red tick.

If i've the same ball as NAH and thus the same tastes...... does that mean I will be hating hybrids soon ( leaves room and calls psychatrist}

BTW, couldnt agree more about the Titleist proV thing - too spinny for me and way to expensive ..... cant believe all the club golfers that believe the hype.
    What if your psychiatrist plays hybrids? They ARE doctors, after all..

Nice to see another >20 stone fellow here... (quick calculation) me, I'm right at 22 stone, 6'4", just another big old swishy pouf with a sack full of hybrids, some extra stiff shafts for compensatory porpoises. :-)

I personally wouldn't buy anything titleist due to their exorbitant prices.
    Ahem ... what sort of driver is that in your sig?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Ahem ... what sort of driver is that in your sig?
    Got it for a song. It was brand new but 3 years old when I picked it up. I wouldn't pay full price for titleist, but I will use it if I can get it cheap.

if titleist balls are so crap then how come players that are sponsered by other golf companys use them instead of their sponsors ball.
    In the bag

Titleist 905R
    Titleist 904F
    Cleveland CG1 3-pw
    Vokey Spin Milled 54
    Vokey 58
    Yes C Groove Putter
    Ball:Pro V1

Quote Originally Posted by robbo15
    if titleist balls are so crap then how come players that are sponsered by other golf companys use them instead of their sponsors ball.

Do you really think that those bunch of millionaires are actually paying for them? If I was GIVEN any ball to play, I'd try them all too.
    TM r5 TP Diamana 83
    Mizuno F-50 15*
    Cobra Baffler 20*
    Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T 52*
    Ping iWedge 56*
    Cameron Circa 62 #2
    Mizuno Twister Staff Bag

Ignore Some of These People

Ignore these people in who here who think they are Tiger Woods. I have played with guys like them- you know the guys who show up with blades claiming they want to work the ball and feel a good shot when they hit it. Then, as the round plays out, you realize they wasted money because they did not hit a good shot and thus "feel it" all day. Have these people seen what Ernie Els, who really is the second best player in the world, has in his bag these days? Have they seen what Rory has been playing for years now? Do they know what Annika has in her bag? Do these people know what Watson and all those Adams guys have in the bag? It must drive these guys nuts that Ernie is hitting that big square Callaway and playing cavity backs.
    In any event, I am looking for a review of the Adams XTD A3 myself. I have an Adams RPM 3 and 5 wood and they are fantastic. I have a Boxer Hybrid and it is great. I hit the Adams Drivers -BUL and BTY? - that they came out with last year and I thought they were great. I almost bought one but at $199 I went with a 905R with Aldila NV. I have always had Tiltleist drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by rmielnick
    Ignore these people in who here who think they are Tiger Woods. I have played with guys like them- you know the guys who show up with blades claiming they want to work the ball and feel a good shot when they hit it. Then, as the round plays out, you realize they wasted money because they did not hit a good shot and thus "feel it" all day. Have these people seen what Ernie Els, who really is the second best player in the world, has in his bag these days? Have they seen what Rory has been playing for years now? Do they know what Annika has in her bag? Do these people know what Watson and all those Aadams guys have in the bag? It must drive these guys nuts that Ernie is hitting that big square Callaway and playing cavity backs.
    In any event, I am looking for a review of the Adams XTD A3 myself. I have an Adams RPM 3 and 5 wood and they are fantastic. I have a Boxer Hybrid and it is great. I hit the Adams Drivers -BUL and BTY? - that they came out with last year and I thought they were great. I almost bought one but at $199 I went with a 905R with Aldila NV. I have always had Tiltleist drivers.

Cmon.....me and you both know anybody who has blades are ovbisouly Tiger Woods..
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Please. What are you talking about? Have you seen what Ernie has in his bag these days? Give me a break with the criticism of guys with legitimate equipment questions. Ernie is hitting that big square Callaway and has cavity backs in his bag. Are you suggesting he would have no business in this chat?

Not a Hacker- Are You Sure?

The guy never said he was playing Adams irons. He was simply pointing out that he has game improvement .clubs in his bag and he has some skills. You call Tom Watson a hacker? Let me be that hacker some day. He is silly long for his age. He just won a Senior British Open. Wow you are the classic talk the talk guy. I would love to play with you some day. Respond to what Ernie Els has in his bag these days. Go ahead.

Please. What are you talking about? Have you seen what Ernie has in his bag these days? Give me a break with the criticism of guys with legitimate equipment questions. Ernie is hitting that big square Callaway and has cavity backs in his bag. Are you suggesting he would have no business in this chat?

What are you talking about???????????

All i said was what you said...anybody with blades must be Tiger Woods...I didnt say anything about the big easy and his bag...but now I will, you did make some good point about Ernie...It doenst matter what you use, but how you use it
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

MTibbo- I apologize

I am new to this site and i thought I was responding to that Not a Hacker guy. I think you and I agree on this point and we would probably agree on most golf related topics. One, you can work the ball with some cavity backs. I just do not know if such is possible with say a Big Bertha iron or a club like that. Me, I can work my Taylor Made cavity backs right to left when I want. I could not go the other way if my life depended on it but I doubt it that playing a blade would help me there. The game is the best sport in the world but it is hard. Ask Seve or Duval. The game is hard and Adams makes clubs that make it a little easier. I really am looking forward to hitting Adams new drivers and I really want to hit the Pro model not because I am trying to gain the approval of Not a Hacker. I believe that face is open and I would love to have a club that might give me a fade.

Not a Hacker is Out of His mind

I think playful joking is alright but not homophobic slurs in a golf chat room. I think you guys are wrong about this Not a Hacker guy. He is full of himself. He is that guy we all know who
    thinks he is great because he plays the type of clubs that some pros play. By the way Rory has played game improvement clubs forever. I think when he was with Nike he hit those NDS things and I think Grace Park did as well. I remember being a little shocked by that until I realized nearly every pro has some game improvement club in his bags these days. Then I saw what Ernie was hitting.

wow... rmielnick: JUST PUTTING A BIG TARGET ON YOUR BACK....

pretty bold words from a newbie.

ernie els, second best player in the world you say. Now that we all know you are phucking stupid let's move on.

Watson... what has he won since he ditched the blades and went to SHI.T clubs? Nothing... funny how that happens

Rory.... wow... with all his crazy awesome greatness he's won what 3 times in his career... uh oh ... GOLF HALL OF FAMER YO.

Annika is the only decent arguement you have made...

and by the way... ERNIE WENT TO CALLAWAY FOR MONEY not game improvers... RETARD...

this is Omen being nice... SAY SOMETHING STUPID AGAIN AND I'LL SLAP THE TASTE OUT OF YOUR MOUTH...

Omen

Ernie Els is the number two player in the world? Who knew!

I would gladly demo Adams equipment if I didn't feel like I was swinging a golf club with a waffle iron attached to the head.

Most Pro's switch OEM's for the almighty dollar. Remember when Tiger played Mizuno, Phil played Titleist (BTW, dumb move by Titleist letting him get away) and Rory "God's Gift To Golf" Sabatini used to play Nike? CHA-CHING!

BTW, if we're gonna talk about professional female golfers, can we please talk about the hot ones. Say, Creamer or Gulbis. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!
    TM r5 TP Diamana 83
    Mizuno F-50 15*
    Cobra Baffler 20*
    Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T 52*
    Ping iWedge 56*
    Cameron Circa 62 #2
    Mizuno Twister Staff Bag

Please Read the Post Before Responding

It seems like half the people that visit this site are obnoxious idiots. I never said Ernie Els was ranked No. 2. Read what I said. I said he was the second best player in the world. I figured the people in here would jump all over that because that might offend all the Phil lovers in here. It is debatable whether Els is currently the second best player in the world. Fine but at least debate what I said you idiot.

Picking on Watson While Praising Rory?

Watson won the Senior British Open. I mean there is a lot of stupidity in this room but attacking Tom Watson while praising Rory is nuts. Everyone knows Rory played those NDS while with Nike. Oh gee wiz I guess he had no other choice - except to play the Nike blades Tiger and Casey play! Watson cannot putt. He is long enough to still compete on the regular tour. This site is amazing. Titleist irons are attacked? I did not get that one until I realized at this site you are nothing unless you play the pure forged Mizuno irons. Oh man I should have known. By the way what is in Phil's bag? I was at Oakmont (I live in Pittsburgh) and I was 20 feet from Phil when after hitting a driver or 3 wood off the tee, he flat shanked a hybrid. I then watched Camillo and Badds hit what looked like no more than a 7 iron in on the same hole. Am I dissing Phil? No way. I just wanted all the Ben Hogans in here to realize Phil has a hybrid and he mishit that.

Mizuno and Omen-Wake Up-Luke gets Paid !

Ernie went to Callaway for money. I agree but what are you suggesting? Tiger went to Nike and plays blades and maybe I am wrong but where could I buy those? Phil went to Callaway for money as well. Once he was there he did not need to use two drivers and two or three hybrids to fulfill his contractual obligations. I never said Rory was great nor am I a fan of his. The fact is, however, that he is making a ton of money competing against the best and he has played game improvement clubs forever. I again have to remind you that Watson won the British Senior with those clubs you criticize-you moron. Oh and by the way Luke Donald gets paid by Mizuno yet he still would not play their drivers. He is now but he will not be by the end of the year. He will put his Titleist back in the bag. I guess Mizuno paid him to play Titleist?

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Watson won the Senior British Open. I mean there is a lot of stupidity in this room but attacking Tom Watson while praising Rory is nuts. Everyone knows Rory played those NDS while with Nike. Oh gee wiz I guess he had no other choice - except to play the Nike blades Tiger and Casey play! Watson cannot putt. He is long enough to still compete on the regular tour. This site is amazing. Titleist irons are attacked? I did not get that one until I realized at this site you are nothing unless you play the pure forged Mizuno irons. Oh man I should have known. By the way what is in Phil's bag? I was at Oakmont (I live in Pittsburgh) and I was 20 feet from Phil when after hitting a driver or 3 wood off the tee, he flat shanked a hybrid. I then watched Camillo and Badds hit what looked like no more than a 7 iron in on the same hole. Am I dissing Phil? No way. I just wanted all the Ben Hogans in here to realize Phil has a hybrid and he mishit that.
    Rory may have played the NDS at some point, but he was playing the Ignite irons at the time he left Nike for Adams.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&select=11454

As for Ernie, he played the Cally X-forged for a while, now he's playing a Cally X prototype pure blade.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&select=11139
    Last edited by bjdrivers; 03-08-2008 at 08:25 PM.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

It seems like half the people that visit this site are obnoxious idiots. I never said Ernie Els was ranked No. 2. Read what I said. I said he was the second best player in the world. I figured the people in here would jump all over that because that might offend all the Phil lovers in here. It is debatable whether Els is currently the second best player in the world. Fine but at least debate what I said you idiot.
    rmielnick, welcome to GR. You are fitting in nicely, you have to stand ur ground in here or u'll get trampled. Keep up the good work.

Just out of metrosexual curiosity, what is your view on Camillo Villegas?

a nice reply at this site-amazing

the ignite irons would hardly be blades. you are correct about ernie but i am positive he was playing cavity back irons last year but maybe not at the end. he is however playing that big square driver. thank you for reminding me of the bag check at golfchannel.com. i will take a look at some other players.

rmielnick - Welcome to GR. As BJ Drivers said you are fitting in nicely. Just a warning. Don't beat yourself up or get to worked up about Not a Hacker (NAH). Trying to argue your point by presenting facts and logical arguements with NAH will get you absolutely nowhere.

It doesn't matter how many tour pro's you point out that use cavity backs or hybrids, that simply won't cut it with NAH. They'll all be lame a$$ fagg0tts and not 'real' men or real golfers.

The only way to get under NAH's skin is to remind him that he plays oversize cavity back game improvement irons (MX 20) himself. The very clubs he lambast's everyone else for using. He tries to make out that they are 'players' clubs and the fact that they are 'grain flow forged ' seems to mean the world to him.

But he's not kidding anybody but himself.

MX20= Game Improvement Cavity backs.

NAH = full of sh*t!

Having said that this site wouldn't be half as much fun without him!

MX-20 provides the solid, soft feel of a forging and the wide sweet spot area of a deep cavity back.

Extensive research by Mizuno engineers has led to the next step in game improvement irons, featuring Mizuno's Grain Flow ForgingTM technology and a wider sweet spot area. The latest addition to Mizuno's line of forged irons, the MX-20 features a unique dual T-Zoid® Power BarTM that offers unparalleled forgiveness while maintaining the solid, soft feel that only comes from a Mizuno forged iron.

Now where the f#ck am I?

the ignite irons would hardly be blades. you are correct about ernie but i am positive he was playing cavity back irons last year but maybe not at the end. he is however playing that big square driver. thank you for reminding me of the bag check at golfchannel.com. i will take a look at some other players.
    Yeah the ignite irons are shovels by every sense of the word. The 3 iron in that set is even a hybrid. Poor Rory just doesn't have the ball striking capabilities of some of the shmucks on this site that play blades.

The Cally x-forged do have cavities in them, that's probably what you were seeing in the big easy's bag.

A Couple Nice Guys In Here

Thank You. It took me a while to find this site again. I am an equipment junkie so this is the site for me.If anyone has any questions I have hit almost every club there is, particularly drivers and putters. I have owned probably 6 drivers in past 7 years even though I always come back to Titleist. I am an avid golfer and I play at least 54 holes most weeks from April to October (I live in Pittsburgh). I do not have a handicap because such does not matter to me. My best score ever was a 76. My second best was a 79. I am long and a good putter. I fight a hook. My swing speed is over 110 and I once was clocked at 123. By the way, when I was clocked at 123 I had a launch of or 12 maybe 13 and the ball went 303 on monitor. That was with a Ping G5. I am a little suspicious of guys who say they hit it 350 etc, but maybe they can. I only mention that so if anyone asks me a question about equipment I have reviewed my opinion can be put in perspective. My problems are I fight a hook and I overthink the short game except putting. I also always try the tough shot (from the woods, the water, etc.) I have RAC LTs, Titleist 905R w/Aldila NV, Adams 3 and 5 wood- both RPM w/ Aldila NV, an Adams Boxer Hybrid, a Cleveland DSG sand wedge and a Taylor Made Sienna w/ AGSI putter. Iam 6'2" and failry but not incredibly strong for 42. Because I fight the hook I have learned every tip ever to correct such. Of course, number one is slow down.

you sound honest....unlike alot of guys in here
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Camiilo

Someone asked me about Camillo. I followed his group during round 2 at US Open. Badds was in that group and I think Lucas Glover. Camillo is one of the nicest guys out there. Phil said nothing to anyone. Camillo ignored the ropes a few times to walk right through the crowd saying over and over "Hi I am Camillo" He seems long but not quite as long as that Charles Howell or Angel. He is a talent but his putting borders on bad. Overall I think he is a steady player but needs improvement to win and a lot of putting improvement to win a major. He has the college credentials that suggest he should be great.

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Living in UK, we seem to take ages to get new stuff over here..... I am have thus ordered a 10.5 XTD A3 from West Coast somewhere.. and it is flying over to me on a big bird in the sky. ..getting to me in around 8 days.

BUT

has anyone bought one on here? anyone tried one on here? is the hype and talk of this club , all good and it is the next 'big thing' ???

PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY
    If I remember correctly Todays Golfer gave a potted precis on this driver in their "ultimate" driving guide. They described it as long and straight with a loss of distance on mishits but not as penal a loss in accuracy. Now, tell me about those nicket DX4s. I am thinking of upgrading my Cobra Bafflers.

At 51 and of a much slighter build and lower level of fitness than you (not to mention a 17 handicap) I like hybrids.

And just in case NAH should come up a pithy comment, I used to be a national fencing champion and still remember enough to poke him full of holes should the fancy take me

Quote Originally Posted by A V Twiss
    If I remember correctly Todays Golfer gave a potted precis on this driver in their "ultimate" driving guide. They described it as long and straight with a loss of distance on mishits but not as penal a loss in accuracy. Now, tell me about those nicket DX4s. I am thinking of upgrading my Cobra Bafflers.

At 51 and of a much slighter build and lower level of fitness than you (not to mention a 17 handicap) I like hybrids.

And just in case NAH should come up a pithy comment, I used to be a national fencing champion and still remember enough to poke him full of holes should the fancy take me
    Since you are playing hybrids just pull the head off your old 3 iron and use that as a sabre to run NAH through.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Isn't fencing that poncy olympic event that originated in France, where a couple of faggy looking blokes do the 'teapot' pose with a limp wrist resting on their back hip as they mince around the room like complete fairies trying to touch each other with their 'swords'?

I've never been into blade fighting myself, but if I was I would at least choose a manly version like kendo. Or medieval jousting. Now there's real sword fighting.

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Isn't fencing that poncy olympic event that originated in France, where a couple of faggy looking blokes do the 'teapot' pose with a limp wrist resting on their back hip as they mince around the room like complete fairies trying to touch each other with their 'swords'?

I've never been into blade fighting myself, but if I was I would at least choose a manly version like kendo. Or medieval jousting. Now there's real sword fighting.
    It looks that way until you are on the receiving end. The wrist resting on the hip is illegal with the foil because it covers part of the target and bloody stupid with sabre as it will lead to broken fingers. Kendo?? lovely to watch very hard to do. Lots of finesse and economy of movement combined with very high speeds with an empahsis on misinformation and mind games as well as simple attack and defense. Mediaval jousting?? brawling with big swords basically. Medieval broad swords were just too heavy to use with any finesse and armour made movement difficult. Rapier verses the broadsword? - rapier every time - trust me I've tried both. You might also try the Gladius (roman short sword) - mobile with lots of cut parry and thrust and again highly mobile. A real up close and personal weapon.

TaylorMade Flight Control

The combination of TaylorMade Flight Control Technology and Movable Weight Technology make the TaylorMade R9 Driver the only totally adjustable driver on the market!

Use the built-in Flight Control Technology to change the face angle, lie angle and loft of your R9 Driver to affect side-to-side flight by up to 40 yards. There are a total of eight different clubhead positions. Utilize TaylorMade's Moveable Weight Technology to change the CG (center of gravity) location to affect side-to-side flight by up to 35 yards.

It looks that way until you are on the receiving end. The wrist resting on the hip is illegal with the foil because it covers part of the target and bloody stupid with sabre as it will lead to broken fingers. Kendo?? lovely to watch very hard to do. Lots of finesse and economy of movement combined with very high speeds with an empahsis on misinformation and mind games as well as simple attack and defense. Mediaval jousting?? brawling with big swords basically. Medieval broad swords were just too heavy to use with any finesse and armour made movement difficult. Rapier verses the broadsword? - rapier every time - trust me I've tried both. You might also try the Gladius (roman short sword) - mobile with lots of cut parry and thrust and again highly mobile. A real up close and personal weapon.
    You sound like you know your shitt, unlike me. From what I've heard about these things the most lethal style is the Phiilipine sitck fighting art of Arnis. Apparently little Phiilipine dudes with wooden sticks can wipe the floor with all comers, and have done in martial arts tournaments.

Thread Information