|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I absolutely loathe one-piece range balls

I went to a range yesterday and bought a huge bucket of balls. What came out of that machine was pathetic. A bunch of yellow Srixon one-piece range balls. I noticed they felt like junk when I started hitting them, but wasn't fully sure that they were one-piece balls until I saw one the mower had it's way with. I went back and asked for my money back...told the guy I don't practice with garbage range balls. The guy said no refunds and if I don't like em then leave em there and someone else will hit them.

Why do driving ranges buy these garbage balls? I understand that they are reduced flight, but they don't even react the same off the club face.

I think it has something to do with the concept of overhead and profit......filthy capitalists!!

Where is our favorite Marxist and his faithful canine sidekick Fidel when we so desperately need them on a thread?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    I think it has something to do with the concept of overhead and profit......filthy capitalists!!

Where is our favorite Marxist and his faithful canine sidekick Fidel when we so desperately need them on a thread?
    The range ends at 280-290 yards. Seems like they were tired of picking the balls out of the tree line. Still, if you are going to offer a practice facility offer a good one. I'd rather hit on an irons only range than be subjected to these balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3 Wiggle
    The range ends at 280-290 yards. Seems like they were tired of picking the balls out of the tree line. Still, if you are going to offer a practice facility offer a good one. I'd rather hit on an irons only range than be subjected to these balls.
    My local muni course went from grass to mats. They've always had poor quality balls. I have to drive several miles to a good driving range now, but it is still worth it. How can anybody really practice iron and wedge shots off mats, to say nothing of the stress trauma on elbows, wrists, and the specs of forged irons and wedges? I guess it comes down to choice and boycott.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    My local muni course went from grass to mats. They've always had poor quality balls. I have to drive several miles to a good driving range now, but it is still worth it. How can anybody really practice iron and wedge shots off mats, to say nothing of the stress trauma on elbows, wrists, and the specs of forged irons and wedges? I guess it comes down to choice and boycott.
    Here in the Baltimore area...there are very few good grass ranges. Usually they accompany high-end courses and by this time of year they are all chewed up. As a kid I worked at a golf course in Florida. They had a grass range. I'd move the tees around every day and sand the hell out of the place. Never had an issue with the range getting destroyed. Not sure why all these places up here have so many issues. Maybe the golfers up here are worse and don't know how to properly hit on a grass range.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    I went to a range yesterday and bought a huge bucket of balls. What came out of that machine was pathetic. A bunch of yellow Srixon one-piece range balls. I noticed they felt like junk when I started hitting them, but wasn't fully sure that they were one-piece balls until I saw one the mower had it's way with. I went back and asked for my money back...told the guy I don't practice with garbage range balls. The guy said no refunds and if I don't like em then leave em there and someone else will hit them.

Why do driving ranges buy these garbage balls? I understand that they are reduced flight, but they don't even react the same off the club face.
    Cool, they got are old balls. Noticed we got some New Nike range balls,yellow, coming soon to you.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    Cool, they got are old balls. Noticed we got some New Nike range balls,yellow, coming soon to you.
    Is this English? Please translate.

There is a range I go to that has decent Callaway & Srixon range balls but my club has these yellow rocks they use for range balls. They are hopeless for anything but warming up before a round, ball flight and distance is nothing like you would expect from a normal ball.

I guess it helps prevent theft of range balls. Nobody would want those rocks even in their shag bag.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 08-11-2009 at 02:28 AM.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Mmmmm

They use the same Srixon one piece shite yellow crap at our range.

They do this because otherwise the local muni mong pikey bastards nick the f ucking things to play with!

If i had my way i would set flame throwers on their thieving scumbag arses, but thats me liberal through and through.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Mmmmm

They use the same Srixon one piece shite yellow crap at our range.

They do this because otherwise the local muni mong pikey bastards nick the f ucking things to play with!

If i had my way i would set flame throwers on their thieving scumbag arses, but thats me liberal through and through.

Edgey
    The idiot pro at a course I used to play in Florida replaced all the balls with these things one time. The members revolted. Said they'd rather hit water balls that had lines painted on them. The switch nearly cost the guy his job.

Those balls suck. We have a range in Portland that has a small driving range with nets and their insurance provider makes them use the limited flight balls to keep people from bombing the 18th fairway.

I hate those balls and mats.

Those balls suck. We have a range in Portland that has a small driving range with nets and their insurance provider makes them use the limited flight balls to keep people from bombing the 18th fairway. The worst part is that the range is close to my house and I have to drive an additional 15 minutes to go to a real range.

I hate those balls and mats. I also hate ranges where the balls are so worn they balls knuckle when you hit lower lofted clubs. I stopped of at a range and the machine dispensed 100 balls and about 75 of them were almost worn smooth. I walked to the counter and asked for my money back and he refused. I accidentally dropped the bucket in the pro shop. Oops! sorry! as the 100 balls scattered all over the shop floor and I walked out the door.
    Hitting worn balls are worse than limited flight balls. A couple in the bucket is good for a laugh but more than that and I feel cheated.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Is this English? Please translate.
    The yellow srixon with a black stripe range balls, just got replaced with new nike yellow range balls, at the us golf academy, were I use there range. People steal those crappy balls and sell them all over the place, or use them on the courses. I am sure they are not the only ones with that ball, but they buy probably 10,000-20,000 or more, balls at a time. and all the srixon balls are gone off somewhere else, and I meant it as a joke, that they ended up at that range you went to, and the nike balls will soon follow.So hang on
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quit whining you lot. Hackers on this forum wouldn't be good enough to tell the difference anyway. A premium ball hit out of the heel looks the same as a range ball hit out of the heel. And if you really hate range balls that much get off your lazy cans and get a shag bag and go to your clubs practice range. And Wiggle as you are a Newbie could you play by the rules and STFU.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information