|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: 2009 PGA Thread

2009 PGA Thread

After the disappointing first 3 majors of 2009, we are stuck with the PGA Championship to present us with a proper champion. The Masters has become the domain of shortknockers who lay up with the occasional swarthy Argentinian thrown in, the US Open was a wash out, and as we all know, the British Open is an annual luck-fest. Is the PGA the last true major in golf? History would say no, as journeyman choppers such as Beem and Harrington have their names stamped on the trophy, but we can always hope. Enough of a lead-in.

You get two picks: 1 from inside the top 10 of the OWGR, 1 from outside. Pick the winning score.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Well they decided to play it at a course that produced one of the worst major champions (Rich Beem) ever just a few short years ago. Looks like they lengthened it by quite a bit so I expect to see the hybrids out in full effect. If I had to make an early dark horse pick I'd go with Mr. Hybrid Mike Weir. I think this will be another stinker of a tourney...that is unless they get a lot of rain during the first couple of days and the short knockers all miss the cut.

Tiger finally took my advice and got aggressive. He could win this thing by 10 strokes.

If Tiger somehow isn't contending, then I pick Jerry Kelly to become the next Mr. Random major winner.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Tiger
    Ben Curtis

Gaggy Chokington MC's and loses to several club pros.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    After the disappointing first 3 majors of 2009, we are stuck with the PGA Championship to present us with a proper champion.
    I must disagree with this on the strongest possible terms. The Italian Open was a sizzlefest, the food was great and there was an army of hot braless chicks walking around. Sure, some of them needed laser hair removal, but what other major could even come close to the IO in bralessness?
    GR lives...

top ten - tiger
    outside top ten - adam scott
    (-13)
    Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
    Fairway Wood: Titleist 904F 15* Aldila Fairway NV-75 Stiff
    Hyrid: Titleist 585-H 19* Aldila NV-85 Stiff
    Irons: Cobra SSi 3-PW Precision Stiff
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM54*, Titleist Vokey SM58*
    Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5
    Ball: Tilteist ProV1

Steve Stricker inside top 10
    Hunter Mahan outside top 10

-12 wins it
    FEA

Quote Originally Posted by Belly
    Steve Stricker inside top 10
    Hunter Mahan outside top 10

-12 wins it
    Stricker is a good call. His swing looks fantastic. He's really moved his swing bottom forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3 Wiggle
    Stricker is a good call. His swing looks fantastic. He's really moved his swing bottom forward.
    If he putts well I think he can really shoot low this week. He is not the longest off the tee but usually an accurate driver of the ball, hits a lot of GIR and putts well. Could be his week.

Although I think Mahan has a better shot of victory this week. He is longer off the tee, plays fearlessly and if the putter is hot can really get it going quickly. I think he is one of the younger players that doesnt get the attention as an up and coming star that some of the others like, Kim, Villegas, McIiroy recieve.
    FEA

it's probably because he doesn't have a lot of flash to what he does. villegas and ak are good for company advertising because they are unique players. mcilroy is just a prodigy straight up. mahan has serious talent and goes low a lot, but he doesn't act crazy
    Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
    Fairway Wood: Titleist 904F 15* Aldila Fairway NV-75 Stiff
    Hyrid: Titleist 585-H 19* Aldila NV-85 Stiff
    Irons: Cobra SSi 3-PW Precision Stiff
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM54*, Titleist Vokey SM58*
    Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5
    Ball: Tilteist ProV1

Quote Originally Posted by Belly
    If he putts well I think he can really shoot low this week. He is not the longest off the tee but usually an accurate driver of the ball, hits a lot of GIR and putts well. Could be his week.

Although I think Mahan has a better shot of victory this week. He is longer off the tee, plays fearlessly and if the putter is hot can really get it going quickly. I think he is one of the younger players that doesnt get the attention as an up and coming star that some of the others like, Kim, Villegas, McIiroy recieve.
    If the course plays hard and fast all week...I'd be surprised if Stricker didn't finish top ten. If it's windy as well I'd say top 5.

HB, I must argue with your summation of the US Open, Although it produced perhaps the most boring non entity as champion since Zach Johnson, for three days it was a great tourney, with excitement machine and Wilson staff player Ricky Barnes free wheeling it out in front. If Barnes had have won it wold have been lauded as the greatest major since the 1991 PGA at Crooked Stick.

As for this week. Tiger and Paddy could well be partnered for all 4 rounds with Tiger getting smoked on the last day, but I think the big titted one could be a factor.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    HB, I must argue with your summation of the US Open, Although it produced perhaps the most boring non entity as champion since Zach Johnson, for three days it was a great tourney, with excitement machine and Wilson staff player Ricky Barnes free wheeling it out in front. If Barnes had have won it wold have been lauded as the greatest major since the 1991 PGA at Crooked Stick.

As for this week. Tiger and Paddy could well be partnered for all 4 rounds with Tiger getting smoked on the last day, but I think the big titted one could be a factor.
    You talking about Daly or Mickelson?
    There has to be a water hole or two on that course where Paddy will choke within round 1 or 2. If one thing is certain, Paddy hits it in the water when he plays with Tiger.
    Wiggles, Stricker is a second place machine in the same mold as Furyk. The two of them represent the new era of gutlessness, where top five checks mean more than trophies.
    Belly, your Mahan pick is looking good right about now.
    My -6 total is looking way off the mark.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Speaking of Daly and Mickelson, I forgot to get my picks in:

Mickelson for inside top 10
    Daly for outside top 10

I won't post a winning score since the tourney already started, but it's looking like it will be lower than -10.

I like Stricker too, he went right before me in my draft...i know stfu
    DJ

Anybody ever played Hazeltine? Very nice course.

Quote Originally Posted by collegegolfer
    Anybody ever played Hazeltine? Very nice course.
    I haven't but a dude at my course said it wasn't that great. He said the layout was boring and their trees needed to be thinned out. He's a total blowhard d-bag about most things though.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

He's a total blowhard d-bag about most things though.
    He doesn't, by chance, love crappy Chinese made Callaway equipment and hide his golf club purchases from his wife, does he?

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    He doesn't, by chance, love crappy Chinese made Callaway equipment and hide his golf club purchases from his wife, does he?
    I doubt it. You are making me cry by changing your signature.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Don't worry. You'll get back in the rotation soon, I'm sure...

You came and you gave without taking. Then you sent me away.
    GR lives...

Belly, Mahan is a great pick. Look at that last round at Congressional. Aside from his shotmaking and putting, his mental game is possibly the best on tour right now.

I'm rooting against Tiger and everyone else that thinks they're entitled to something and then acts like a c.unt when they don't get it.
    GR lives...

Lay off the avatar HB. Any Caddy shack reference is cool.

You better hope Paddy finds some water tomorrow or your credibility for predictions will be about as high as LarryRSF's credibility on golf swing mechanics. My prediction of a Tiger/Harrington pairing for all four days is right on track. Good to see Goggin giving it another crack. He has certainly stepped up to the plate the last two majors. Unlucky at the Open and 2 off the pace here. I've followed him in Oz and he is a superb ball striker (one of the best long iron players you will ever see), but his putting has absolutely stank until now so he's obviously picked up that part of his game. But my prediciton is that if he gets in contention on Sunday he will choke on the greens, it's in his DNA. I'm still thinking Harrington will win but Tiger has obviously brought his A game so Harrington will have to play out of his skin.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Watching Cabrera, Cink, and Glover play their first 5 holes like a bunch of Sunday hacks left me wondering why Tiger cares about majors so much. Well Glover and Cink put some pieces back together but it as still fun to watch so-called major champions shank.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Tiger leads after the first round, the tournament is over. Thank yous go out to all the other contestants, but we all knew it was likely hopeless since Tiger doesn't have a major secured for this year yet and this was the likely one since it is the last. There will be door prizes awaiting all other contestants, just pick them up at the door.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Tiger leads after the first round, the tournament is over. Thank yous go out to all the other contestants, but we all knew it was likely hopeless since Tiger doesn't have a major secured for this year yet and this was the likely one since it is the last. There will be door prizes awaiting all other contestants, just pick them up at the door.
    Something bizarre will have to happen for Tiger not to win it from here. I think Paddy is a great player and the only other guy on tour who is as clutch as Tiger on the greens, but if you compare the rest of their games Tiger has it all over him in every department. If it came down to a putting contest I would rate them even (with dayight between them and the next best putter), but tee to green Tiger kills him and the rest of the field. I suppose the bottom line is if Tiger brings his A game, nobody can foot it with him. And it would appear that he has brought his A game this week.

Headline: Daly withdraws, cites back injury...

BTW, can I get a mulligan on my 'outside the top 10' pick?

I haven't but a dude at my course said it wasn't that great. He said the layout was boring and their trees needed to be thinned out. He's a total blowhard d-bag about most things though.
    It wasn't great because he probably shot 165 and was in the trees all day. Why would you say trees needed to be thinned unless you were in them all day? The point of trees is if you hit into them it's difficult to get out.

I've played it a couple times and watched the 2002 at it. Won't be able to make it this year though. It's definitely not like he said it was. We all played the tips (although the "tips" weren't the full 7600 or whatever) and had a blast. Trees are there to stop you from hitting bad shots and I thought it was a good layout. Fun to watch it on TV when you've seen the course. Makes you realize how good these guys REALLY are.

It wasn't great because he probably shot 165 and was in the trees all day. Why would you say trees needed to be thinned unless you were in them all day? The point of trees is if you hit into them it's difficult to get out.

I've played it a couple times and watched the 2002 at it. Won't be able to make it this year though. It's definitely not like he said it was. We all played the tips (although the "tips" weren't the full 7600 or whatever) and had a blast. Trees are there to stop you from hitting bad shots and I thought it was a good layout. Fun to watch it on TV when you've seen the course. Makes you realize how good these guys REALLY are.
    You do realize the Hazeltine you played and the Hazeltine these guys are playing is nowhere close to the same course in regards to difficulty right? The only similarity between the two would be the greens were rounghly the same shape and topography when you played them. Right now they're probably rolling about 3 to 4 higher on the stimp meter and the fairways are probably half the size. Throw in the added length which is probably in the neighborhood of 600 yards from the length you played it at...and you have apples and oranges. Don't let that stop you though. Tell us all how you shot a really low score on the course they're playing the PGA Championship at. You might be the biggest blowhard here. Congrats.

You can absolutely get overgrown trees that make a course play differently and worse than the intention of the architect. Hazeltine was built in the 60's so that's 40+ years of planting and growing.
    Too many trees can also affect soil growth and airflow, leading to a less than ideal course.
    I generally agree because this guy is a total blowhard, but he's also a rater for one of the golf mags and is trained to look out for stuff like this.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

You do realize the Hazeltine you played and the Hazeltine these guys are playing is nowhere close to the same course in regards to difficulty right? The only similarity between the two would be the greens were rounghly the same shape and topography when you played them. Right now they're probably rolling about 3 to 4 higher on the stimp meter and the fairways are probably half the size. Throw in the added length which is probably in the neighborhood of 600 yards from the length you played it at...and you have apples and oranges. Don't let that stop you though. Tell us all how you shot a really low score on the course they're playing the PGA Championship at. You might be the biggest blowhard here. Congrats.
    Wiggles, I know reading and comprehending are difficult tasks for you, but...

my quote was, "(although the "tips" weren't the full 7600 or whatever)". You are correct. It was playing a few hundred yards shorter. Since I have played and witnessed the 2002 I also know the rough is longer for the pros etc. Notice how I didn't mention my score. I played in May both years with some PGA teaching pros (hadn't swung much if any for the season) and shot, if I remember correctly, a 79 one year and an 83 the other. Nothing great...hit the ball OK for early in the year. It was fun though.

Learn to read and I MIGHT end up being the biggest blowhard here. For now, you hold that honor with posts ripping on people for things they clarified in the post you're ripping on. Nice try though.

Wiggles, I know reading and comprehending are difficult tasks for you, but...

my quote was, "(although the "tips" weren't the full 7600 or whatever)". You are correct. It was playing a few hundred yards shorter. Since I have played and witnessed the 2002 I also know the rough is longer for the pros etc. Notice how I didn't mention my score. I played in May both years with some PGA teaching pros (hadn't swung much if any for the season) and shot, if I remember correctly, a 79 one year and an 83 the other. Nothing great...hit the ball OK for early in the year. It was fun though.

Learn to read and I MIGHT end up being the biggest blowhard here. For now, you hold that honor with posts ripping on people for things they clarified in the post you're ripping on. Nice try though.
    I've read more than enough of the trash you post one here. Thank you very much!

You can absolutely get overgrown trees that make a course play differently and worse than the intention of the architect. Hazeltine was built in the 60's so that's 40+ years of planting and growing.
    Too many trees can also affect soil growth and airflow, leading to a less than ideal course.
    I generally agree because this guy is a total blowhard, but he's also a rater for one of the golf mags and is trained to look out for stuff like this.
    Yeah, I know you can. But I didn't feel like that was the case when I played it. Maybe they trimmed some between our playing times. Courses with a lot of trees normally do have different soil compared to other courses in the same region...totally agree.

I've read more than enough of the trash you post one here. Thank you very much!
    LOL! I will stand by my low rounds at Brown Deer Golf Course in Milwaukee. Remember, it is the shortest course on Tour (at least I think it is...).

Yeah, I know you can. But I didn't feel like that was the case when I played it. Maybe they trimmed some between our playing times. Courses with a lot of trees normally do have different soil compared to other courses in the same region...totally agree.
    This is one of the worst reviewed venues in major championship history. I believe only PGA National is considered more of a joke. Just because you played it doesn't make it a good course. Sorry, but it sucks. It probably only seems like a good course in relation to the goat tracks you normally play.

LOL! I will stand by my low rounds at Brown Deer Golf Course in Milwaukee. Remember, it is the shortest course on Tour (at least I think it is...).

LOL at you claiming golfing prowess on an internet message board!!!! What a loser!!!

LOL at you claiming golfing prowess on an internet message board!!!! What a loser!!!
    I totally agree with you. It's because I don't have any friends in real life. Thanks for responding to my posts M3W, it means a lot to me.

Speaking of Daly and Mickelson, I forgot to get my picks in:

Mickelson for inside top 10
    Daly for outside top 10

I won't post a winning score since the tourney already started, but it's looking like it will be lower than -10.
    Daly is now like the Michelle Wie of mens golf. Whining and WDing when he sucks.
    If his back is bad, what the hell was he doing there in the first place.
    I'm sorry GR but JD is a washed up has been who will never win on Tour again

This just in!! I'm predicting that Tiger will make a strong showing in the first two rounds. You heard it here first, folks.....
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    This just in!! I'm predicting that Tiger will make a strong showing in the first two rounds. You heard it here first, folks.....
    I said before it began "if Tiger can average 2 under per round he'll win it." We'll see if -8 would've won it. But think about it...in most majors if Tiger could shoot 2 under per round he'd win it.

I said before it began "if Tiger can average 2 under per round he'll win it." We'll see if -8 would've won it. But think about it...in most majors if Tiger could shoot 2 under per round he'd win it.
    Anything is possible, but it's hard to see Tiger not holding his position at this point. I'm not a Tiger drooler or a basher, but I have to admire his mental toughness. He is a brilliant tactician, and he keeps his cool better than anybody else out there. Having even more talent than I do hasn't hurt him, either.......

Headline: Daly withdraws, cites back injury...

BTW, can I get a mulligan on my 'outside the top 10' pick?
    There is no need to post negatively about the legendary John Daly. Can your fat ass lose 80lbs in 4 months? I didn't think so. Let us respect John Daly as he is injured.

Am I the only one rooting against El Teegro at all costs? I hope he loses. I will be celebrating!

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    There is no need to post negatively about the legendary John Daly. Can your fat ass lose 80lbs in 4 months? I didn't think so. Let us respect John Daly as he is injured.

Am I the only one rooting against El Teegro at all costs? I hope he loses. I will be celebrating!
    No, I'm hoping he coughs it up, too. He's thrown too many spoiled tantrums.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie

Daly is apparently existing on 600 calories a day! How can you do that and play tournament golf?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Daly is apparently existing on 600 calories a day! How can you do that and play tournament golf?
    Not very well, by all indications......

It'll be interesting to see if the conditions change this afternoon.

Once again, the PGA turns out to be the best major. Hazeltine's playing tough, but reasonable. It isn't cancelling out birdie making ability. RT Jones, Sr. put together tracks with subtle dificulty and intelligent penalty gradients. The further away you are from the right spot, the tougher the next shot or putt, but the penalty is generally reasonable for the miss.

The only criticism is the poa greens. I play most of my rounds on them so I'm aware of how they can make the ball wobble. Riv in the winter seems to get great, consistent rolls on their poa greens, but Hazeltine has seed heads showing (WTF?) and the putts are pretty wobbly. The wobbling is just from the way Poa grows if it's warm, but the seed heads can be avoided with proper maintenance.
    GR lives...

JD should take the year off and get this **** worked out.
    If he gets healthy and gets his mind right we all know he can comeback and play consistent golf. It makes me sick to see him go through this. He is at the point where he has to step back and get right because he is running out of time. We all know JD secretly visits this forum. So JD, get it together and win a major next year.
    I want to stop trashing you but you are making it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Once again, the PGA turns out to be the best major. Hazeltine's playing tough, but reasonable. It isn't cancelling out birdie making ability. RT Jones, Sr. put together tracks with subtle dificulty and intelligent penalty gradients. The further away you are from the right spot, the tougher the next shot or putt, but the penalty is generally reasonable for the miss.

The only criticism is the poa greens. I play most of my rounds on them so I'm aware of how they can make the ball wobble. Riv in the winter seems to get great, consistent rolls on their poa greens, but Hazeltine has seed heads showing (WTF?) and the putts are pretty wobbly. The wobbling is just from the way Poa grows if it's warm, but the seed heads can be avoided with proper maintenance.
    We have some Poa as well. It's worse early in the year because they mature/grow in different temperatures. By middle of spring and summer it's usually not that noticeable. I think they overblow it on TV.

I've read somewhere that Tiger usually avoids poa greens when making his schedule. Hasn't seemed to affect him too much this week, but we'll see how today pans out.

I will officially agree with those on the board who declared Harrington a choker also. His watery grave was a gutless choke Norman, Mickelson or Sergio would have been proud to call their own.

Yang is playing well.
    A chink in Tigers armour?
    No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJeff
    Yang is playing well.
    A chink in Tigers armour?
    No pun intended.
    Thanks TJ, I know the pun was intended and it was intended for me. Thumbs up.

And in proper Haiku form for your reading pleasure.

We have just witnessed the first ever Tiger choke. I've only got to follow it on line but for Tiger to back up like that and give away a 2 stroke lead is an epic choke. All he needed was to shoot par and he makes a playoff, or more likely Yang would have choked and handed it to him. I think this one will be hard for Woods to get over. It's the first time he's come up against a guy who hasn't laid down for him, and he folded like a cheap suit over the finishing holes.

To rub salt into Tiger's (and all GR purists) wounds, the stake to Tiger's heart was a hybrid to 3 feet on the 72nd hole. Oh, the humanity.

P.S. It looks like the theory Tiger has issues with poa greens holds water. He putted like a 27 cap out there today.

Take it as given that no majors will be played on poa greens again. It's not good for the PGA's bottom line to see Tiger getting whooped by a non American on Sunday in a major.

So now we have the Grand Slam of Golf event containing Cabrerra, Glover, Cink and Yang. Wow, I can see a real ratings bonanza with those guys.

I know having Tiger in the lead going into Sunday is ratings gold for the networks, but it has the exact opposite effect for me. If Tiger has the lead going into Sunday (especially in a major), I don't even bother watching the final round. However, I turned on the TV yesterday and there was about 1.5 hours left in the broadcast. Tiger and Yang were on the 13th hole and (I believe) were tied. I set the DVR to tape the remainder and an extra hour in case there was a playoff. Man, what a finish. Finally someone did not cave down the stretch against Tiger. Congrats to Yang for doing what countless other players have failed to do!

What a prediction! I'm destined for great things in life.

I'm rooting against Tiger and everyone else that thinks they're entitled to something and then acts like a c.unt when they don't get it.

This was overdue and foreseeable. Good to see him cough it up.
    GR lives...

We have some Poa as well. It's worse early in the year because they mature/grow in different temperatures. By middle of spring and summer it's usually not that noticeable. I think they overblow it on TV.
    If you have some poa you have a different situation than all poa. There are poa courses that putt well when it gets hot here, but not many.
    GR lives...

If you have some poa you have a different situation than all poa. There are poa courses that putt well when it gets hot here, but not many.
    I found it extremely annoying having to listen to McCord tell the viewers how hard it was to putt on that crap. He made it sound like they were putting on bad greens. He needs to get out and play some goat tracks so that he can appreciate the pristine putting surfaces he sees on a weekly basis.

I found it extremely annoying having to listen to McCord tell the viewers how hard it was to putt on that crap. He made it sound like they were putting on bad greens. He needs to get out and play some goat tracks so that he can appreciate the pristine putting surfaces he sees on a weekly basis.
    What I found annoying about it was how they used it as an excuse reserved exclusively for Tiger. The gushing over his good shots, the exuses for his bad ones and the butt-licking are all completely nauseating.

Is butt-licking hyphenated?
    GR lives...

On the contrary, Tiger looked like a mere mortal.

I can't remember what hole it was but the stands were completely full with tiger over a putt and you could hear the birds chirping. This only happens in golf.

I'm with you on the weekend with tiger in the final group. It's just a 4 hour tiger fest. Boring shiat most of the time. thank god for Tivo. Watching Tiger walk from green to tee gets boring after a while. I watched him throw about a yards worth of grass clippings in those last holes. Makes very entertaining golf. They should have a slow motion analysis of the grass leaving his hands and being blown.

Tiger is starting to get some skeletons in the closet. He's always had some tee problems but this last round putts didn't fall, some bad bounces, etc. Golf is very mental at that level. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses as he gets older and has more of these bad images accumulate. First lost with a lead going into the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    On the contrary, Tiger looked like a mere mortal.

I can't remember what hole it was but the stands were completely full with tiger over a putt and you could hear the birds chirping. This only happens in golf.

I'm with you on the weekend with tiger in the final group. It's just a 4 hour tiger fest. Boring shiat most of the time. thank god for Tivo. Watching Tiger walk from green to tee gets boring after a while. I watched him throw about a yards worth of grass clippings in those last holes. Makes very entertaining golf. They should have a slow motion analysis of the grass leaving his hands and being blown.

Tiger is starting to get some skeletons in the closet. He's always had some tee problems but this last round putts didn't fall, some bad bounces, etc. Golf is very mental at that level. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses as he gets older and has more of these bad images accumulate. First lost with a lead going into the weekend...
    He's live off the advantage he gets from his competitors not being used to playing with his galleries around, such that he doesn't have to go low on the final day.

He dodged a bullet when Rocco nearly took him down. This time done in by a Chinese guy (Korean) with a hybrid.
    GR lives...

Yang looked totally comfortable paired with Tiger. On the 17th tee, with millions of dollars on the line, with a one stroke lead and a chance to make golf history, Yang was eating a Power Bar, and drinking a Gatorade like he didn't have a care in the world. He made Goosen look like a spaz. The choke artists of the PGA tour should take a lesson.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Yang looked totally comfortable paired with Tiger. On the 17th tee, with millions of dollars on the line, with a one stroke lead and a chance to make golf history, Yang was eating a Power Bar, and drinking a Gatorade like he didn't have a care in the world. He made Goosen look like a spaz. The choke artists of the PGA tour should take a lesson.
    It's one thing knowing what to do, even being shown how to do it. But going out there and doing it is something else entirely. I think you can't really become accustomed to the pressure. You are either born able to handle the heat, or you are a born choker.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 08-17-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Thread Information