|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Torn ligament in my wrist.

Just to cut you off at the turn I would also suspect overly enthusiastic masturbation. But alas I would use my other hand for that, if I maturbated that is, which I don't admit too, well not on here, unless.. nevermind.

Anyway I believe it is the Ulnar collateral ligament on my left hand. I have not played in over a month trying to let it heal for a big tourney this Monday. It is a strange injury that only hurts at the bottom of the swing when the wrists roll over. I would say I am 80% healed right now.

So my question is... has anyone ever had this injury? I am thinking of trying taping it up and trying this weekend.

I can swing maybe 85% without any real pain so maybe that's what I'll do. Who knows, maybe I'll play better. My distances will be Montaglish at 85% so I don't think it'll put me outta the match

Really just a rant, unless someone has had this injury in which case maybe I'll learn something. Maybe I just yearn to be flamed/mocked, who knows, I have worse fetishes.

Montaglish distances or not..........your clubs, I'll pay, 18 hole match, when you are healed. You know the rest. Something about sideways.

I feel bad for you for not being in prime shape for the big tourney. It would break my heart to be less than 100 percent for that big club championship. So my best thoughts will be with you.

You have to be careful with an injury that makes itself visible at the bottom of the swing. it could lead to involuntary adjustments and end up giving you a case of the shanks. Like at the tournament. Three holes in. Shanks. For the final 15 holes. Every shot with an iron. Shanked.
    So be careful, you don't want the shanks on the big day. Don't even think about your injury causing the shanks. Not being able to release the clubhead properly.........and then shanking it. Nope, don't be thinking about the shanks at the tourney.Probably won't happen. The shanks in the tournament that is.

Good Luck!

Yes there it is, I feel somehow cleansed. Thanks Monty.

Anyway, it's not a club championship, just a big money game. I think the shanks are a possibility, as I am favoring my right hand to compensate for the pain.

Also, it's a three man scramble so I am not too concerned (though one of the other two broke his finger last weekend). But I told my guys about a guy online who plays daily with all kinds of ailments and conditions, yet always bangs in the 70's. I think that really got em fired up, kinda like a golf version of Rudy or American Anthem(threw that in for the Olympic season). We're hurt real bad, but we're not dead. I predict we shank our way to a 56.

A big money match that is a three man scramble?

My my my. You all really live dangerously. Right out on the razors edge with you madmen.

Good luck to you (or your teammates) or whoever ultimately has to answer for the outcome of the match. If anyone does.

Am I suppose to defend the scramble format here? You really need to be more obvious in your insults, I'm public schooled so I don't always pick up on the innuendos.

Hey we might have something here, me and broken finger take on you and Roscoe! Do you two still talk or was it pimarily an internet relationship? You could play with our clubs and we could play with yours! In the end no one would be responsible for the outcome so we could all have beers and a steak fry at my place. Man I see the start of something beautiful here, I really do.

I don't play scrambles. Golf is an individual pursuit and i'll take full reponsibility for whatever I get myself into.

tell you what tho homeschool, you and your buddy ever in the area the round is on me and Roscoe and I will be glad to play for whatever you want. You can use your own clubs. No problem. We can go to any course you want.

This offer expires November 1, 2004.

get healthy first, no excuses, and absolutely no scramble.

Golf is what now? Damn, I thought something was up when I bought those Ryder Cup tickets! I'm always getting scammed.

Anyway I have spoken with broken finger and he feels a good old fashion pissin match would be more appropriate. Just bring your own ruler, we wont share.

In all seriousness, it is refreshing to meet someone so loyal to his golfing career. What are your career earnings at? Dedication is sorely lacking in todays society and it's good to see your's is paying off. Someday you'll shoot your age and it'll get a write up in your community rag!

No interest in a urination match (take that Francois). Just a simple invitation that if life ever brings you to the mid atlantic and you have time for 18 holes I would like to meet you and treat you to a round. YOu are a funny guy and I enjoy your posts and I am sure we could enjoy a few hours playing a nice course together.

career earnings? I have a pocket in my bag full of one dollar bills from playing cuts with my friend Gene.
    I have 3 holes in one and the accompanying news clippings. A gold medal from one course that I got an ace at.
    I won the paco cup twice out of 4 years.
    I was third in my club championship in the championship flight going into the final day a few years ago. Then I was no longer third.
    I think that is about it for career earnings.

Not to pick a fight, because I really mean I would love to meet you and treat you to a round, but I did not know that 3 man scramble was added to the Ryder Cup.
    Should be interesting.

The Ryder scramble (3 man) is played 2 days before the official start of competition, right after the taco eating contest (told ya we need Daly). It is a little known "casual" event which the players hold high esteem for, some consider it "thee" match of the cup.

I would love to play you guys, but my partner is a little leary. See he is what you would call "pretty" for a man and he is afraid Roscoe would do an internet beaver spread on him with his digicam. I'll see if I can convince him, can you assure no cameras?

What will be the format? We are partial to the stableford, but will defer to the golf ethics master.

I have no trophies, aces, or medals. Broken finger however has a room full, so maybe I could have him count them and whomever has more will have the box to start the match? I mean those things gotta be worth something.

We're gettin there man, yep.

I would like to play 2 man best ball and I am not even demanding Roscoe as a partner. We can flip a tee if you prefer.

Now in all seriousness, are you within 5 hours of central virginia? I can assure no cameras but we ought to take one group picture just to prove a match happened. Your partner has all editing rights and approval for the picture.

There are some world class courses in Williamsburg which is 40 minutes from me and they all have slashed their prices due to the fact that nobody is coming to play them.

Royal New Kent might be the most interesting course you will play in a while so if you are at all even remotely serious then we ought to consider that. In all honesty, Whistling Straits has nothing on New Kent visually. New Kent even has sheep (don't let your mind go there).

On the other hand if business ever brings you this way I am happy to assemble a set of clubs from my basement for you according to your specs and take you to the ghetto muni where the real matches go down. No grass, but great competition.

Hope your wrist gets better.
    I still hate Scrambles.

lendaddy.....let me tell you that if you do make the effort to play golf with/against Roscoe and Montagle/Besson you will enjoy every second of your @ss kicking.
    They both play quickly and well. Roscoe beats the living sh!t out of everything. Montagle will not amaze you but after you add up his score you might be amazed.

In my experience they are both friendly and good guys. If it is within your means/time to travel their way please do so. I will get down there sometime if I can.

If you cant play fast you might want to get a cart though or they might just play through.

Perhaps your wrist injury is from not enough masturbation. You know it makes sense.
    I aint mad at ya.

I can say masturbation here without getting in trouble? If by playing golf I can risk injuring body parts that would prevent me from self pleasure, I'd quit golf.

How do y'all like my new av?

Zap, you have heard it before and have no cause to believe me but I played the worst golf of my life with you guys. It was humiliating. However it inspired me to get serious again.
    And that is paying off.

I can keep up with Roscoe off the tee now (and he sold me the driver!) and he is hitting it farther than ever. I am putting like Bobby Locke. My short game leaves people speechless (in an impressed way).

I am ready for lendaddy. I wish it would happen. Somebody on the board needs to make the post "I played golf with that big mouthed Montagle and he was actually a really great guy and not a big mouth at all".
    I would like it to be Lendaddy.

Zap, would you play for big money in a scramble format?
    I sure would not.

Not sure why the angst regarding scambles. They can be alot of fun and challenging, especially with good players. I do maybe 4 a year.

I also play very quickly. I do not walk often, but I would. Generally I play courses where walkers are frowned on for slowing play, some courses simply don't allow it at all. Now before you purists get cranky, these are large spread out courses with some 5min walks between holes. I golf for enjoyment, and I enjoy riding. Mock if you must, but I don't care, I'm just use to it now. Heck I even drink beer on the course, egads!

Anyway the next time I'll be in Virginia will be in January, so unless you have some heated courses we'll have to meet in the middle (there ain't no road too long).

We have some great courses here in Michigan as well, so if you're planning a get away (Paco Cup 2 the sequel) you may want to consider it.

Hey, I just remembered an award I got! Closest to the pin at a company outting! They gave me a Miller Lite bar mirror for my garage. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by lendaddy
    Not sure why the angst regarding scambles. They can be alot of fun and challenging, especially with good players. I do maybe 4 a year.

I also play very quickly. I do not walk often, but I would. Generally I play courses where walkers are frowned on for slowing play, some courses simply don't allow it at all. Now before you purists get cranky, these are large spread out courses with some 5min walks between holes. I golf for enjoyment, and I enjoy riding. Mock if you must, but I don't care, I'm just use to it now. Heck I even drink beer on the course, egads!
    I ride somewhat frequently too. Especially when I'm on the mountain course, with tees spread away from the last green, etc... The nice little quasi-flat courses, I'll walk.
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Quote Originally Posted by LBCGolf
    I can say masturbation here without getting in trouble? If by playing golf I can risk injuring body parts that would prevent me from self pleasure, I'd quit golf.

How do y'all like my new av?
    Who is it??

Lendaddy,

We play straight through the year here. Last January we had 2 weeks of weather in the high 60's (and I went to Pinehurst for part of it).

So we will watch the weather and wait and see.

You don't have to walk. You do have to laugh though. Good luck in your scramble. Let us know what you all shoot.

Word,

Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo35223
    Who is it??
    It's small but it's Lenny Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCGolf
    It's small but it's Lenny Bruce.
    vely velly good.

Kind of a high strung fello that Lenny....

Thread Information