|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

Cavity backs or Blades?

i don't think we have ever discussed the issue of playing cavity backs or blades on GR before, check out this article and comment on it. i think it's pure BS.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golfworld/...s_johnson_0515
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Since when did dorkman start writing for Golfworld. I thought he died 2 years ago.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I play blades because this game is just too easy. I really needed to make it a challenge....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I play blades because this game is just too easy. I really needed to make it a challenge....
    Everyone should try blades at least once, its closer to real golf or golf of yesteryear nostalgia good ole days, golden years but cavity back irons are here to stay even if the feel is lost. If you think about it more majors have been won with blades probably 95% to 5% but that will change over the next 50 years and balance out.
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    Everyone should try blades at least once, its closer to real golf or golf of yesteryear nostalgia good ole days, golden years but cavity back irons are here to stay even if the feel is lost. If you think about it more majors have been won with blades probably 95% to 5% but that will change over the next 50 years and balance out.
    Seriously though, 6 years ago I was playing my dads set that he had when I was ....11 or 12 years old. I'm 48 now. Them is blades!
    It's a set of Golden Bears. I still got em!
    team obnoxious

That article is bang on the money. You only have to look as far as the most recent major, the PGA, where that blade toting wannabe Tiger Woods was overhauled and run down by Y.E. Yang playing those exceptional modern cavity backs the R7 TP.

Tiger needs to move on, get rid of those obsolete blades and start bagging a set of modern cavity backs if he wants to remain competitive.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    That article is bang on the money. You only have to look as far as the most recent major, the PGA, where that blade toting wannabe Tiger Woods was overhauled and run down by Y.E. Yang playing those exceptional modern cavity backs the R7 TP.

Tiger needs to move on, get rid of those obsolete blades and start bagging a set of modern cavity backs if he wants to remain competitive.
    I think he would tear it up using my chopper MX-200's. After all, they are a GAME IMPROVEMENT IRON.......
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    i don't think we have ever discussed the issue of playing cavity backs or blades on GR before, check out this article and comment on it. i think it's pure BS.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golfworld/...s_johnson_0515
    Yep, and I predict it will be the same for graphite shafts. In 10 years there will be ONLY graphite shafts (like all our drivers and 3w) for all clubs. All Irons will be OS Cavity back--

Everyone should go to a range where they allow club testing and hit 6i of various types side-by-side. If you have a consistent golf swing, you WILL hit them straighter and longer with graphite and OS Cavity back clubheads. PERIOD. There is no debate about this-- modern graphite shafts perform the same as metal--and they are significantly lighter in weight--which means more clubhead speed for the same effort-- which means longer shots, possibly at least one less club on green approaches.

If you don't switch, your buddies will-- and they will beat you.

Larry

I can appreciate everyones excitement to cavity backs but let's not get ahead of ourselves here, As much as I like an underdog, Tiger will stick with those modern muscle backs and will stay competetive for another 10 to 20 years, if anything he is more deadly accurate with those bite sized sweet spots and he has had the feeling for them down pat for decades.
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    Yep, and I predict it will be the same for graphite shafts. In 10 years there will be ONLY graphite shafts (like all our drivers and 3w) for all clubs. All Irons will be OS Cavity back--

Everyone should go to a range where they allow club testing and hit 6i of various types side-by-side. If you have a consistent golf swing, you WILL hit them straighter and longer with graphite and OS Cavity back clubheads. PERIOD. There is no debate about this-- modern graphite shafts perform the same as metal--and they are significantly lighter in weight--which means more clubhead speed for the same effort-- which means longer shots, possibly at least one less club on green approaches.

Larry
    I think the timeline is closer to 30 years. By then I'll be in my mid-60's, too frail and weak to play with regular clubs. I'll probably also spout rambling crap on space age message boards. God, I'll be pathetic.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I think the timeline is closer to 30 years. By then I'll be in my mid-60's, too frail and weak to play with regular clubs. I'll probably also spout rambling crap on space age message boards. God, I'll be pathetic.
    I agree with you, shaft technology and new age cavity backs are coming quickly but i don't agree that you will be too frail and weak at age 65. I challenge the older guys that say they can't improve in the game as an excuse because even at that age with practice and dedication you can still improve and hit the ball solid and long.
    DJ

Geeze guys would you rather drive a Ford pinto or a sleek new Ford focus. (Hope you all got your clunker money.) Blades had there day in the sun just like hickory shafts did. If you would rather drive a pinto instead of a focus by all mean drive it.
    My Motto Be Happy

G H D
    When I'm in the shower
    I'm afraid to wash my hair
    'Cause I might open my eyes
    And find someone standing there
    People say I'm crazy
    Just a little touched
    But maybe showers remind me
    Of Psycho too much
    That's why

(I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)
    And I have no privacy
    Whooooa, oh-oh
    (I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)

Classic article written by a card carrying member of american junk journalism. He/she seemed to follow all the rules of his/her genre:

1. Begin process with a bias based on personal experience but little actual knowledge.

2. Arrive at conlcusion confirming bias.

3. Do superficial "research" to support conclusion.

4. Include two quotes. One supporting your argument, the other not really being f.ucking relevent at all.

5. Assume reader is stupid and unable to consider information and draw own conclusion.

I'm a little surprised this guy was able to get time off from covering the Kennedy funeral to write this article.
    GR lives...

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    [QUOTE=Larryrsf]Yep, and I predict it will be the same for graphite shafts. In 10 years there will be ONLY graphite shafts (like all our drivers and 3w) for all clubs. All Irons will be OS Cavity back--

If you don't switch, your buddies will-- and they will beat you./QUOTE]

A 17 handicap

I'm sorry, you were saying...

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

since fred3 is nowhere to be found, drawing out Larry will do. this thread can now be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Globalhelpdesk
    Geeze guys would you rather drive a Ford pinto or a sleek new Ford focus. (Hope you all got your clunker money.) Blades had there day in the sun just like hickory shafts did. If you would rather drive a pinto instead of a focus by all mean drive it.
    My Motto Be Happy

G H D
    so let me get this straight Groundhog, er uh, Global....

to you, this is a Pinto:

and to you, this is a Focus:

i'm not even going to guess at what your husband looks like.

Good GAWD! Look at the soles on those babies!
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Good GAWD! Look at the soles on those babies!
    according to callaway's website, they were grinded & modeled after Mrs. 3 Wiggle's arse.

so let me get this straight Groundhog, er uh, Global....

to you, this is a Pinto:

and to you, this is a Focus:

i'm not even going to guess at what your husband looks like.
    Geeze BJ My daddy had a shiney yellow ford pinto with the big black racing stripe and a big block 4 cylinder. It looked good but performed like sh it for almost everyone that drove it. need I say more.

BTW BJ back to GFF, what happened to the titttys. My husband wants to know when your stitches on your mangina are going to heal. He really enjoyed tapping your mangina last time but is sorry about the tearing he caused.
    My Motto Be a Happy Club Hoe
    GHD
    When I'm in the shower
    People say I'm crazy
    Just a little touched
    Of Psycho too much
    That's why

(I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)
    And I have no privacy
    Whooooa, oh-oh
    (I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)

Quote Originally Posted by Globalhelpdesk
    Geeze BJ My daddy had a shiney yellow ford pinto with the big black racing stripe and a big block 4 cylinder. It looked good but performed like sh it for almost everyone that drove it. need I say more.

BTW BJ back to GFF, what happened to the titttys. My husband wants to know when your stitches on your mangina are going to heal. He really enjoyed tapping your mangina last time but is sorry about the tearing he caused.
    My Motto Be a Happy Club Hoe
    GHD
    blades will always perform like shite for people that can't play them, so i would expect these views from you & larry. carry on...

blades will always perform like shite for people that can't play them, so i would expect these views from you & larry. carry on...
    Damn BJ you go through irons like Richard Simmons goes through vienna saugage.
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

according to callaway's website, they were grinded & modeled after Mrs. 3 Wiggle's arse.
    Geeze BJ i 'am beginning to think your a closet homocavitybacksexual. Just kidding BJ you play your blade of the month and I hope you have a good rounds with your blade of the month.

My Motto Be Happy
    G H D
    When I'm in the shower
    People say I'm crazy
    Just a little touched
    Of Psycho too much
    That's why

(I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)
    And I have no privacy
    Whooooa, oh-oh
    (I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    I can appreciate everyones excitement to cavity backs but let's not get ahead of ourselves here, As much as I like an underdog, Tiger will stick with those modern muscle backs and will stay competetive for another 10 to 20 years, if anything he is more deadly accurate with those bite sized sweet spots and he has had the feeling for them down pat for decades.
    I thought Tiger played mp 14 mizunos,and he had a deal with nike to build the same club with a nike logo.or,have them made by miura or somebody.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Not everyone needs lighter clubs and faster swing speeds. I'm quick in my transition and play better with heavier shafts. My swing speed is fast enough to carry a PW over 150 yards if I step on it. Why would I need any more distance?

Here are the stats from the article:

12/20 (60%) of wins were players using cavity backs
    70% of players use cavity backs

7/20 (35%) of wins were players using blades
    30% of players use blades

Does this show that:
    a) The better players use blades (30% won 35% of tournaments)
    b) Blades are better (as evidenced by higher number of wins per player using them)
    c) Cavity backs suck (70% of players ONLY won 60% of tournaments)
    d) Only choppers play cavity backs
    e) The article is completely worthless

If cavity backs were really better, wouldn't you expect the 70% that use them to win 80% or 90% of tournaments?

I guess I am one of the rare few that blades made my game better. I'll stick with the MP-33s and MP-67s thank you.

I have to call BS on that article . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Damn BJ you go through irons like Richard Simmons goes through vienna saugage.
    i wear them out. much like i do HB's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat

Does this show that:
    b) Blades are better (as evidenced by higher number of wins per player using them)

If cavity backs were really better, wouldn't you expect the 70% that use them to win 80% or 90% of tournaments?
    Those stats are just skewed by the fact Tiger wins a lot of tournaments and plays blades.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

The fact that all putters are cavity back makes all choppers feel cavity back is superior in technology. Using cavity backs in order to reduce score is like using a scotty in order to reduce putt. False hope.

I have srixon 701s with project x shafts and I picked up 10-15 yrds on all my lower irons after swtching from mizuno blades so. It depends on person using them. I'll stick with theses babies till I join nationwide or senior tour. Lol I'm 27 so it might be awhile!!!

Those stats are just skewed by the fact Tiger wins a lot of tournaments and plays blades.
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. However, this article was from May of this year. Unless I am mistaken, Tiger had only won one tournament this year at that point and had been on an extended layoff prior to that win due to his knee surgery. So these stats were not skewed by the Tiger factor.

can someone post a link to one of the 75 previous times i've weighed in on this subject.

i dont play chopper shovels. now read my signature and figure it out YOU HAVE TO BE A RETARD TO BAG CAST POS SOD MOVERS.

Omen, anyone who feels that blades are comparable to a pinto WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE OF A CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLD HAD THEY ENDED UP A STAIN ON THE BACK SEAT OF A PINTO.

Omen, GFF
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

I'll bite.

Can't argue with the stats from the article, but I certainly take issue with the handicap = ballstriking assumption he makes. I love the part about how it feels to hit a knuckler off the toe. So I guess if you're hitting it off the toe the best way to rectify that problem isn't learning how NOT to hit it off the toe, but to continue fukking up and just mask the error with some forgiving CB's. It's not as if not hitting the ball solidly has any real effect on a player's game right through the bag...

Yeah, they do sting a bit if you hit one off the toe or thin one, and so it should. That little bit of pain you endure helps teach you how to avoid it in the future - and before you know it you stop hitting it out on the toe, or hitting it thin. Blades and musclebacks are the most accurate way to verify whether you're making good contact or not, and in spite of the difficulty someone who is inexperienced with blades would likely face - those of us who have used them enough to become familiar with them can employ them just as well as anyone at our handicap employs their CB's, if not better.

Forgiveness is for players who miss the sweet spot most of the time - which they would soon learn not to do if they just practiced with a blade iron for a couple months. Seriously - it's like going from velcro to real shoelaces on your sneakers. Not nearly as tough as some people would have you believe.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    I'll bite.

Can't argue with the stats from the article, but I certainly take issue with the handicap = ballstriking assumption he makes. I love the part about how it feels to hit a knuckler off the toe. So I guess if you're hitting it off the toe the best way to rectify that problem isn't learning how NOT to hit it off the toe, but to continue fukking up and just mask the error with some forgiving CB's. It's not as if not hitting the ball solidly has any real effect on a player's game right through the bag...

Yeah, they do sting a bit if you hit one off the toe or thin one, and so it should. That little bit of pain you endure helps teach you how to avoid it in the future - and before you know it you stop hitting it out on the toe, or hitting it thin. Blades and musclebacks are the most accurate way to verify whether you're making good contact or not, and in spite of the difficulty someone who is inexperienced with blades would likely face - those of us who have used them enough to become familiar with them can employ them just as well as anyone at our handicap employs their CB's, if not better.

Forgiveness is for players who miss the sweet spot most of the time - which they would soon learn not to do if they just practiced with a blade iron for a couple months. Seriously - it's like going from velcro to real shoelaces on your sneakers. Not nearly as tough as some people would have you believe.

FON
    Preach on, Brother FON . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    can someone post a link to one of the 75 previous times i've weighed in on this subject.

i dont play chopper shovels. now read my signature and figure it out YOU HAVE TO BE A RETARD TO BAG CAST POS SOD MOVERS.

Omen, anyone who feels that blades are comparable to a pinto WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE OF A CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLD HAD THEY ENDED UP A STAIN ON THE BACK SEAT OF A PINTO.

Omen, GFF
    Omen STFU People who play blades tend to stuff soxs in there underwear to impress the ladies , but since they can't pull any pu ssy except for HB's mother there typical day consists of jerking off to a Tiger centerfold pic (Omen in your case you stuff them in your bra to impress your cell mate).
    Blades unless you are tiger woods are played by golfers who are delusional. Hackers like the long drive biatches on this forum need to get a grip seek counceling and embrace modern technology.

GHD

PS I am under the influence of cough medicene
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat

Does this show that:

73.7% of all statistics quoted in articles and press conferences are worthless........
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I guess I am one of the rare few that blades made my game better. I'll stick with the MP-33s and MP-67s thank you.

I have to call BS on that article . . . .
    Sooner BS did you have something to do with your improvement or was it all because of the mp 33's. Did you practice extra or was it like an epithany.

GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Yeah, they do sting a bit if you hit one off the toe or thin one, and so it should. That little bit of pain you endure helps teach you how to avoid it in the future - and before you know it you stop hitting it out on the toe, or hitting it thin
    Similar to the sting you feel when dorkman's wife hooks up with your a ss. Premadonas tend to boliviate about the club, but the club is but a tool in the hands of either a fool or a player. Since all of the blades playen blowhards on the internet can't verify how good they are with a blade in there hands I guess we are left with blowhards.

GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

I played a sh!tload of golf for about 6 weeks the summer before my senior year in college. I was playing a set of Wilson FG-51 Tour Blades. I mostly played practice holes by jumping on a course near where I was living. I would walk 10-20 practice holes a couple times a week and play 1-2 rounds on the weekends. Didn't hit the range much at all. If I hit a bad shot during the practice rounds, I'd drop another ball and hit another until I pured one. Long story short, I went from an 18 handicap to a 14 handicap in about 6 weeks. At the end of the summer I got to play TPC at Sawgrass and shot an 85 with a 40 on the back nine and a birdie on the infamous island green #17. That was from the back tees and was equivalent to shooting a 78 or something on a course with an average slope/rating.

I really do feel that playing those blades helped me to groove a pretty decent swing that I carry with me today, even though I only get to play a few times a year. However, I would not play blades today because I don't have the time to practice. If I really wanted to dedicate myself to the game and hone my swing, I would buy a set of blades and practice 3-4 times a week. Unfortunately things like work, wife, kids, etc. prevent me from being able to do that. Instead, I hit a set of forged cavity backs that allow me to play a handful of times a year, but still enjoy the game. I do have an MP-33 6 iron that I take to the range sometimes and will use to warm up with before a round. There really is nothing like hitting a blade pure. What I really miss are the days when I was playing those FG-51's with Tour Balatas. When you hit those pure you could hardly tell you hit the ball. It was like butta...

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Sooner BS did you have something to do with your improvement or was it all because of the mp 33's. Did you practice extra or was it like an epithany.

GHD
    That is kind of the point though, the blades make you want to practice more so you can hit them more purely and precisely. After playing game improvement cavity backs for 10 years, I can also say that for some reason I have better feel with the blades. I originally went to the MP-52s to improve my game and they did. They are not blades, but are more of a player's cavity back. After playing them for 9 months and practicing with the blades for 4 months, I recently decided to start playing the blades because I was getting better results and feedback in my game.

I'm not one to fault others for playing their irons of choice (although I'll still rip everyone on here for playing GI POS irons because that is just what we do). If others want to game shovels then power to them, but I am telling you that personally the shovels did not help my game, the blades did.

At the level of most of the Tour Pro's I would guess that they don't pick a CB v Blade club based on toe and thin shots. I would bet it has more to do with desired trajectory and shot shape then anything else. I was looking at the Cobra Pro line and very surprised which touring pro's choose CB over MB's. For instance JB Holmes drives the ball on average over 300 yards and plays CB's. While Ian Poulter drives the ball 280 yards on average and plays blades.

80% of recreational golfers don't spend enough time of understand swing dynamics enough to matter with respects to trajectory and shot shape. They're more concerned with not hitting a grounder, slice, hook, etc. than anything else. I don't think 80% of the golfers can break 90 from the white tees. So rather they play blades or CB's is rather pointless.

Yawn

Oh, I am sorry, I thougth we were having a new debate.
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Hale Irwin and Corey Pavin-- and other such SMART golfers could come to your course, take the best pro and the club champion out, and soundly beat them-- using cavity back clubs with graphite shafts. Case closed.

Hale Irwin won $15+ MILLION on the Champion Tour. The next best (Lee Trevino) won $5 Mil.

Larry

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Hale Irwin and Corey Pavin-- and other such SMART golfers could come to your course, take the best pro and the club champion out, and soundly beat them-- using cavity back clubs with graphite shafts. Case closed.
    They could do the same thing using hickory sticks. Should we all switch to them?

Hale Irwin won $15+ MILLION on the Champion Tour. The next best (Lee Trevino) won $5 Mil.

Larry
    Larry: don't be such a complete idiot. You're wrong about this "fact" and you've been shown that you're wrong...

Get educated, Larry!
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

So Larry, when Fred Funk passes Irwin are you going to switch to Taylormade RAC's with steel shafts?

Sooner, how good are those mp52s I'm tempted but need to give them a test drive first.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    So Larry, when Fred Funk passes Irwin are you going to switch to Taylormade RAC's with steel shafts?
    Fred is younger than Irwin. Smart golfers play clubs that are easy to swing and easy on the body. Nobody wants to strain for 18 holes and be sore at night. Many senior golfers find it difficult to play 3 days in row, so they play OS Cavity backs with graphite shafts. Of course before they switch they test the clubs extensively, this is not about pride but about winning money.

Who swings a steel shaft driver? NOBODY--including Tiger and the other young long hitters. The principle is exactly the same as for all irons-- the weight of the shaft diminishes the possible weight of the clubhead-- because the overall club weight stays constant. The weight of the clubhead is what makes the ball go further. The weight of the shaft slows the swing speed. Duh. They will all switch to graphite and OS CB soon.

Larry

GHD, i'm no blowhard its just men, much like your husband, always want to know what club i just hit from 160 to d.ick tight ( that's a foot if you measure with mine ). then i hand them the nine iron and they go wow blades, you're my GODD.AMN HERO.... then they usually offer to have their bi.tch ( people like you ) come suck my rock soft.

Omen,

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    Sooner, how good are those mp52s I'm tempted but need to give them a test drive first.
    I liked them for about 6 months and they were a great transitional iron from GI irons to blade. I just prefer to play the blades now, so I'm selling the 52s. They are a solid club though and would recommend them.

GHD, i'm no blowhard its just men, much like your husband, always want to know what club i just hit from 160 to d.ick tight ( that's a foot if you measure with mine ). then i hand them the nine iron and they go wow blades, you're my GODD.AMN HERO.... then they usually offer to have their bi.tch ( people like you ) come suck my rock soft.

Omen,
    Golfaholic, please bronze this post and put it in the GR Hall of Fame, please . . . . . thank you.

Omen,
    Omen the last time I ***** slapped you, you wined to GA and got me banned. The only thing youve ever been around that is twelve inches was your cell mates di ck up you a ss..
    As far as your nine iron distance well this is typical of a internet golf hero, the only thing in your bag that you can hit 160 is your hybrid. Does your cell mate give you a reach around after you stick it.
    Blades are are made and designed for slack jawed *** gots like omen.
    GHD
    Last edited by groundhogday; 09-05-2009 at 03:26 AM.
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Golfaholic, please bronze this post and put it in the GR Hall of Fame, please . . . . . thank you.

Sooner please do be careful, if Omen should stop suddenly we will have to call an ambulance to get your head out of his a ss.
    GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Fred is younger than Irwin. Smart golfers play clubs that are easy to swing and easy on the body. Nobody wants to strain for 18 holes and be sore at night. Many senior golfers find it difficult to play 3 days in row, so they play OS Cavity backs with graphite shafts. Of course before they switch they test the clubs extensively, this is not about pride but about winning money.

Who swings a steel shaft driver? NOBODY--including Tiger and the other young long hitters. The principle is exactly the same as for all irons-- the weight of the shaft diminishes the possible weight of the clubhead-- because the overall club weight stays constant. The weight of the clubhead is what makes the ball go further. The weight of the shaft slows the swing speed. Duh. They will all switch to graphite and OS CB soon.

Larry
    Duh, irons aren't about distance; they are about accuracy. Drivers and 3 woods are about distance. Duh. Most golfers tend toward heavier static weight in their irons. Most pro's don't need to increase distance in their irons. Only hackers think irons are about distance. Only hackers talk about how far they hit a SW. Larry, Are you a Hacker?

I play blades because I want to fucckk up my scores, and I enjoy that

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I absolutely agree. I absolutely HATE IT when I hit a shot just a little bit thin with my player's cavity backs and the ball goes in the right direction and nearly the distance I was hoping. I need to be punished more severely than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471

That's just a flat out lie and everyone knows it.

You DON'T play blades because the heads are just to small to satisfy your gaping mangina.

It would be in your best interests to reply honestly to these sorts of issues henceforth. You could really get jumped on for that sort of deception around here.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    I absolutely agree. I absolutely HATE IT when I hit a shot just a little bit thin with my player's cavity backs and the ball goes in the right direction and nearly the distance I was hoping. I need to be punished more severely than that.

But the cool part - 15 years ago you were shooting 80, 10 years ago you were shooting 80, 5 years ago you were shooting 80, and dammit you're still shooting 80.

That's phenomenal improvement in my books. Must take a lot of ambition to pull that off.

That being said, you're right... you do need to be punished more severely. Spankings have largely been deemed to be far too stimulating for someone of your advanced age however, so I'm going to prescribe a safer and more appropriate sentence for you - Larry's Tai Chi swing video played for 4 hours straight on a continuous loop, with no bathroom breaks...

That'll set you straight old-timer.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    But the cool part - 15 years ago you were shooting 80, 10 years ago you were shooting 80, 5 years ago you were shooting 80, and dammit you're still shooting 80.

That's phenomenal improvement in my books. Must take a lot of ambition to pull that off.

That being said, you're right... you do need to be punished more severely. Spankings have largely been deemed to be far too stimulating for someone of your advanced age however, so I'm going to prescribe a safer and more appropriate sentence for you - Larry's Tai Chi swing video played for 4 hours straight on a continuous loop, with no bathroom breaks...

That'll set you straight old-timer.

FON
    It was all sounding pretty good until the part about no bathroom breaks. With my enlarging prostate, I have to go about every 15 minutes.....

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    It was all sounding pretty good until the part about no bathroom breaks. With my enlarging prostate, I have to go about every 15 minutes.....

Hey - don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I've read that urinary asphyxiation is one helluva painful way to go. Like a noose around your johnson until your eyes pop out of your head kinda pain.

Just keep that in mind the next time you thin one off the toe to 3 feet.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

THIS HAS GOT TO BE MY MOST FAVORITE GR TOPIC OF DEBATE.

mainly cause all the choppers try to justify their shovels with crap like a hair thin and it still ends up alright. ... .

HERE'S A PHUCKING CONCEPT QUIT HITTING IT THIN.

Omen,

mainly cause all the choppers try to justify their shovels with crap like a hair thin and it still ends up alright. ... .

Omen,
    OMG STFU already Omen IMO you hit it thin because your game isn't good enought get on your local ladies high school team. Keep trying bigboy.
    As I sit here watching the golf channel I am reminded of how Sergio and Omen games are so similar. Sergio = choker, Omen = choker, Sergio=penciled neck geek, Omen=penciled neck geek, Sergio=crybaby omen-crybaby. Sergio=Omen
    GHD
    Last edited by groundhogday; 09-05-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Larry
    All different branded shafts are different in flex, despite any two shafts saying Regular or Stiff. Graphite shafts, which are usually more expensive, are typically slightly whippier than steel ones.This accounts for the ball traveling higher and farther, also with the fact that they are lighter. However, most graphite shafts warp more than steel shafts, as they are made of layers of carbon.

This simply means a greater degree of dispersion using a graphite shaft, and better players would rather prefer a steel shaft as they are more concerned about consistency than distance. Also, a heavier weighted steel shaft is offers greater control over those graphite shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    All different branded shafts are different in flex, despite any two shafts saying Regular or Stiff. Graphite shafts, which are usually more expensive, are typically slightly whippier than steel ones.This accounts for the ball traveling higher and farther, also with the fact that they are lighter. However, most graphite shafts warp more than steel shafts, as they are made of layers of carbon.

This simply means a greater degree of dispersion using a graphite shaft, and better players would rather prefer a steel shaft as they are more concerned about consistency than distance. Also, a heavier weighted steel shaft is offers greater control over those graphite shafts.

You're using logic. That means you'll have to translate your post into a language that Larry can understand.

Not sure how much help babelfish will be on this one. We don't even have a Rosetta Stone yet.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Omen,
    You're a genius!!! Why didn't the rest of us think of that?!! Hit every shot perfectly!! I'll have to start doing that!!!

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1

Larry
    I play CBs with regular graphite shafts because they work for me. I do have a set of 24 year oldsteel shafted blades that are and my scores are about 2 shots worse when I play them. However, it would be hard work living with them from day to day. One of my golfing buddies is 7 years older than me, four inches taller and 5 stone heavier. He regularly shoots better than his handicap (which is 5) using CBs with stiff steel shafts and does the same with his 20 year old stiff shafted blades. Another budddy who is 7 years younger than me plays CBs with senior graphite shafts and his game has improved dramatically. Its all bout what suits the individual. There are no absolutes or neat pigeon holes you can fit into.

Personally forged clubs just feel better over cast, they shlould not fly as far as cast and there less forgiving. I love the feeling of a 7 iron pured tee shot on par 3s anywere from 155 -170 wind or no wind , the guys I play with are scrambling for 4,5,6 irons cause of the wind or water etc.. there pulling hybrids or 3 woods on 190-200 yard holes I pull a 4-5 iron. Bottom line is, Forged blades make you a better ball striker, or the near blades I carry, mp 57 mizunos, played mp 60s still have them, and mx 23s, for years, but decided my mishits were always thin and decided mp 57s were more preimeter weighted, and still blade like in setup. And I played or owned, miuras, tayolrmades, pings, wilsons, hogans, golfsmiths etc..
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

What happened to the miuras sandwhich...

Sooner, just tried mp52 6 iron had it on the practice ground for ages whAt a club. Think I'm gonna go for them, what a sweet feeling club reckon I got about an extra club length out of it.

Gonna try the rest see how it goes, first time I've hit mizzys, I've been missing out.

Omen,
    Have you thought about taking up coaching, because that is a brilliant

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Larry
    I believe you are a graphite fan. Your putter must be having a graphite shaft too.

Sooner, just tried mp52 6 iron had it on the practice ground for ages whAt a club. Think I'm gonna go for them, what a sweet feeling club reckon I got about an extra club length out of it.

Gonna try the rest see how it goes, first time I've hit mizzys, I've been missing out.
    I'm thankful I started with the 52s and I think they are a great club. I'm in the process of selling them to a guy who is really interested in becoming a better golfer and puts in the practice every day. He's been playing some old Big Berthas for a few months and wanted to know how he could become a better golfer than the "low 90s" golfer he is now. I gave him my 52s and told him how they helped me knock 9 strokes off my score in 3 months time. He has had one session on the driving range and loves them. He's taking them out next week to play them.

By the way, I took my MP-67 blades out Saturday and shot an 80 with 4 birdies. I had two holes where my Driver shots got me in trouble or I would have broke 80 for the first time. It will be coming soon as I am playing the game with a lot more confidence. My putting was better Saturday, too.

Here's the image that will bring tears to two completely different people. The first group will tear up because they do not have the guts or game to play them. The other group will tear up because the image brings back fond memories of the great feel and control they experienced with them in their last round.

The question is: which group do you belong to?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Miuras were painfull on thin shots.pured shots felt dull,with a distance loss, If your a digger they work better, sold them, Just glad I kept my mp 60s. I demoed the mp 52s and mp 57s side by side for hours, both in dg300 stiff flex awsome clubs, the 52s seem to hit a little higher but the clean look of the 57s sold me. I had mx 23s for years,a pain to clean that slot in the cavity. 52s have a similar slot. Iron distance meens little to me, but I gained at least a club over any other players or game improvement club I played or owned.

Here's the image that will bring tears to two completely different people. The first group will tear up because they do not have the guts or game to play them. The other group will tear up because the image brings back fond memories of the great feel and control they experienced with them in their last round.

The question is: which group do you belong to?
    it brings both tears and elation to me. tears because it reminds me that new mizuno irons are mass produced in Chinese sweatshops, and elation that the 2000 model 33s I have were hand made by Japanese Samurai's.

Where In The Phuck Is Nah On This Subject????

Thread Information