|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Omen swing video up

go here if you wanna see it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fq0tm_13Vg

Omen.
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    damn son, you're almost as figity as Sergio. is your head moving back to follow the clubhead?
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

i am struggling with my grip... you should see the whole video... i just dont feel comfortable holding the club lately... not sure why but i just cant seem to get settled. Now i dont take more than a few seconds the rest of the round, just on the first full swing i spent SERGIO time: I'm still eating crackers trying to put on some weight....

Omen... the head movement on the way back is probably due to a backswing that's too long (past parallel), something i need to fix before january.

Chris, the guy who is leaving soon for the army wanted me to post his swing video as well...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp1IpSU4xGs
    He used to swing the club better than that. Not sure how he got to be so flat? that ball was a 280 yard tiny cut shot that found the right side of the fairway.

Omen, He's a 6' 2" 197 lb Korean...as well as a recent Citadel Grad....

he's a big lad. that looks like a Hibore? if so, he's my kind of guy

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    go here if you wanna see it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fq0tm_13Vg

Omen.
    Oman what a video. I have some constructive advice.

1. You back swing is two long .your back swing finishes pointed to the right of target this is causing a timing issue. Shorten the back swing and do what someone said to do on here when your shoulders stop stop the club. Fix this by practicing a 1 piece take a way with most of your weight on your front foot and your right foot back on the toes. . If you over backswing you'll lose your balance. This drill will help to set your shoulder fully over your center.

2. you get in a good athletic setup and then reach out about six to eight inches to hit the ball this is causing a disconnect between your arms and body which causes an upright swing which is probably causing the Oman I got the thins.

3. Stop watching fu cking Sergio Garcia on youtube.

I know GHD being nice like I said the intervention took this time.

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

You are really fidgety at address, but short of that, your swing is solid looking from the one video I saw.

Only question I have is do you have to put rocks in your pockets on windy days?

DavePerkins could eat you for lunch and still be hungry . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    DavePerkins could eat you for lunch and still be hungry . . . .
    LMFAO!!!

on windy days i have to put a rockflite in each pocket.

wish it hadnt rained: would love to see film of my putting stroke. I feel it's the most improved part of my game: I have a lot of confidence on the greens.

thanks for the honest critique GHD. I agree the backswing is still too long... and the reaching might be a result of me not being comfortable at address. I noticed it too in the video my shoulders are way in front of my knees and toes. REACHING = no good.

I was thinking that the reaching is what's causing it to be a little flat at the top. I PLAN on going to the range a few times and filming so that i can see if i'm actually making any changes.

Omen, keep the comments coming...

on windy days i have to put a rockflite in each pocket.

wish it hadnt rained: would love to see film of my putting stroke. I feel it's the most improved part of my game: I have a lot of confidence on the greens.

thanks for the honest critique GHD. I agree the backswing is still too long... and the reaching might be a result of me not being comfortable at address. I noticed it too in the video my shoulders are way in front of my knees and toes. REACHING = no good.

I was thinking that the reaching is what's causing it to be a little flat at the top. I PLAN on going to the range a few times and filming so that i can see if i'm actually making any changes.

Practice a balance drill ,No matter what type of balance drill you do. This will keep everything centered. Another good drill is to hit the range in barefeet, althought like sime others have stated you may need some ballast on a windy day. You may want to get check out for a tapeworm.

Omen, keep the comments coming...
    Look at the other dudes set up in the other video you posted at least from that perpective, If you copy that you'll probably have a better takeaway an won't over backswing.

GHD
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Couple thoughts:

Were you expecting a flood or do you always wear pants an inch to short?

Also, I don't see how your friend made it through army basic being so small...
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

I hike the pants up at address so that there's no restriction during the swing.

He hasn't left for basic yet... he leaves beginning of next week.

Omen

GA is right about the pants, they make you look like a whiute Erkel.

As a self confessed chopper I don't like to try to get technical but a couple of little things stood out. Like GHD said your set up is very good (athletic and comfortable). The start of your backswing looks okay, but you then seem to snatch the clubhead too much inside the line, ending up with your club pointing way right of your target at the top of the backswing. It might be the camera angle but it certainly looked that way. Not sure how to correct this as I used to be a serial offender of taking it back way too far inside and probably still do but I'm too scared to go to the video. On the plus side your body angles look constant throughout the swing, and you get your weight nicely to the left side without any restriction. Good follow thorugh too.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    GA is right about the pants, they make you look like a whiute Erkel.

As a self confessed chopper I don't like to try to get technical but a couple of little things stood out. Like GHD said your set up is very good (athletic and comfortable). The start of your backswing looks okay, but you then seem to snatch the clubhead too much inside the line, ending up with your club pointing way right of your target at the top of the backswing. It might be the camera angle but it certainly looked that way. Not sure how to correct this as I used to be a serial offender of taking it back way too far inside and probably still do but I'm too scared to go to the video. On the plus side your body angles look constant throughout the swing, and you get your weight nicely to the left side without any restriction. Good follow thorugh too.
    I thought the same thing about taking it inside and also fanning the club open, but then I thought the camera might not be on the proper angle. To really judge this stuff, the camera and the hands at address need to form a line parallel to the target line. If it sets up on the ball the perspective is off.

So I can't comment on things involving path or plane , but there is overswinging going on. The best way I know to address this is to work on getting to an L in the backswing (arms parallel to the ground, shaft perpendicular), then taking it to the top only through turning the shoulders. Apart from affecting consistency, most people can't take it past without losing their spine angle at some point and having a hard time staying behind the ball. But without a front view can't really tell. If you make this change, expect a distance loss at first but then an increase later on.

You do come through ball extremely well on that swing and have alot of good stuff going on in general.
    GR lives...

Omen, we've only seen vids of you hitting driver thus far. it's time you posted one of you nutting a GFF 3 iron. a lot of CAST POS Oversize Paddle playing sod layers need to hear what a GFF blade sounds like slicing through the turf. i'll get one posted of myself hitting one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    Omen, we've only seen vids of you hitting driver thus far. it's time you posted one of you nutting a GFF 3 iron. a lot of CAST POS Oversize Paddle playing sod layers need to hear what a GFF blade sounds like slicing through the turf. i'll get one posted of myself hitting one soon.

GFF does it sound like this 'Caaaaapppttttiiinnnnn Caaaaa..aaa..aaavvve Maaaa..aaaa..nnnn!!!!'

GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

yeah... i intend to get out again soon... trying to get my wife to go so she can perform the role of camera man... but that's been more difficult than getting Edgey to give up the Lovett...

Omen... I agree that it appears to be coming too far to the inside.... first thing i want to address is getting the left arm higher at the top and shortening that backswing a little... dont want it past parallel.

The only sound heard when a GFF 3i is pured is the sound of your playing partners jizzing in their pants.

Damn he's a heavy lad. I'm 6ft2 too but 165 lbs.
    Did he hook that drive?
    Your backswing is too long, and your head movement disgusts me.
    Nice blue shaft, though.

no he hit a fade.

I must admit omen, when I read you were posting a swing vid I was expecting to see some GFF action... Oh well..

P.s nice pants..

yeah... i intend to get out again soon... trying to get my wife to go so she can perform the role of camera man... but that's been more difficult than getting Edgey to give up the Lovett...
    Played today on a bit of a short knockers chop track.

Played to 72 net 62 (2 Birdies 2 Bogies 14 pars) and it was all down to the power of the Lovett.

Bow down you heathen scum and pay homage to the Lovett

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Played today on a bit of a short knockers chop track.

Played to 72 net 62 (2 Birdies 2 Bogies 14 pars) and it was all down to the power of the Lovett.

Bow down you heathen scum and pay homage to the Lovett

Edgey
    Great round. Sounds like there's nothing better than the Lovett for finding the clown's mouth.
    GR lives...

the GFF is coming... be patient ... be patient...

this weekend is shot now, we have some function for the kids to go to on saturday and sunday erica wants to go to the beach...

I'm going to have to tell her she's going to the back burner starting october 1st.. gotta get the game in peak form before jan 1. that's not a lot of time to make all the little changes i want to before then...

Took some 70% swings with the 2i today trying to keep it down the line longer and get the left arm more upright at the top. Had to get Kyle to film it so the camera wasnt very steady. from what i can tell ( can go frame by frame on the computer) when i'm really focused on it i can keep the backswing short of parallel and the left arm is in a good position, which lead naturally to a beautiful drop into the slot on the way down. I am going to keep practicing at that speed each day to try and ingrain the feeling.

Omen.

Took some 70% swings with the 2i today trying to keep it down the line longer and get the left arm more upright at the top. Had to get Kyle to film it so the camera wasnt very steady. from what i can tell ( can go frame by frame on the computer) when i'm really focused on it i can keep the backswing short of parallel and the left arm is in a good position, which lead naturally to a beautiful drop into the slot on the way down. I am going to keep practicing at that speed each day to try and ingrain the feeling.

Omen.
    That's how I know if my top position is good. I feel like I could hold it there if I wanted to and can just let the club drop and then explode when my hands get below my shoulder.

When I feel rushed at the top or any manipulation getting from there to impact, I know I'm screwing up something that usually reveals itself in my top position.
    GR lives...

Tough with the camera angle and without knowing what your most dreaded miss is. Is it a snap hook or block to the right? Or thin? What do you shoot and what miss drives you crazy?

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    I see myself (except that I am a short arse) in your video. I too have to guard against crossing the line at the top of the backswing. My problems were compounded by getting trapped by my own body in the downswing meaning I block everything right. I have worked very hard at making the backswing shorter and feeling really laid off at the top. To cure the trapping on the downswing I have had to develop a much more rotary motion in the downswing. I practice this by laying the club face open and trying to hit it left. It takes a stong rotary movement to get the ball to start out left.

May I also suggest that your right leg is popping straight as well?

If the Special Olympics ever sanction golf as an event, there might be a bronze medal in your future.
    By the way, Karen Carpenter called and wanted her physique back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Zinger
    If the Special Olympics ever sanction golf as an event, there might be a bronze medal in your future.

Are you kidding? Omen makes Karen Carpenter look like she spent all weekend in the all you can eat line at Sizzler.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Zinger
    well said by a c.unt who is too chicken shite to post his own swing video.

my miss is the hook... not necessarily a snap hook (although i can manage one from time to time) but just a ball that moves a long way left.

Omen, skin so thick it's impervious to newbie comments

Thread Information