|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The Veloci-Tee vs Brush Tee Challege!

Well, i just got back from Walmart and they were blowing out a bunch of golf stuff. I don't often frequent the golf section in Walmart, but today i was just walking through.

I saw that they were blowing out some Brush Tees and Veloci-tees, super cheap. I thought, what the hell, i'll give them a go.

I'll let all of you know what my findings are tommorrow.

Aren't you all anxious to find out? Has anyone played with these things before. I mean, they look so cool, the ball has got to go straighter and longer, right? .......or is it "the ball has to go right, straighter and longer?"

Update to follow....

R35
    "35 on the front, 50 on the back....I love this game."

If you break them send me the bill.

No way I'm converting the payment to Canadian dollars tho...

Yo, Rock. You should get yourself some plastic tees. They'll help your game tremendously.

No friggin' way am I getting plastic tees.

I'm sticking with the true winner of this challenge. And, so should everyone else. I think that's pretty simple, ain't it?

R35

Rock:

I gotta hand it to ya. Your posts are so creative.

You are the Consumer Reports of golf tees.

We all just love the subject of golf tees.

Tee breakage. A tremendous thread/debate about this one recently....

Tee performance.

Next month's Golf Digest cover: GOLF TEE's What You Always Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask.

Bravo,

Thanks for the compliments.

After this challenge, i'm going to test painted vs unpainted tees. Strength tests, durabilty tests, waterproofing, ect.

Get the money out boys. I'm going with unpainted, natural to win.

R35

Rock,
    I can't believe you're ignoring the important issue here, those biodegradable, planet-friendly tees. I mean, we have these courses, cut out of woodland, and we leave them with little pieces of *wood* on the ground. What are we thinking???!!!!
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrowe
    Rock,
    I can't believe you're ignoring the important issue here, those biodegradable, planet-friendly tees. I mean, we have these courses, cut out of woodland, and we leave them with little pieces of *wood* on the ground. What are we thinking???!!!!
    I just wanna break this out a little further ....I never seem to be able to find a stray 2 and three quarter inch tee (the real long ones) on the tee box, is this because people don't lose'em or are they hyper-biodegradeable, ya got 5 minutes to find them or they vapourise inta worm food .......

Crowe,

I'm pretty sure i'd have a tough time finding biodegradeable tees around these parts. It's pretty green where I live. We don't have many tree huggers around here, mostly because 90%+ of everyone in the city where i live participates in earth friendly practices like recycling of all types and water conservation.

Now where did i put those plastic tees....oh right, in a big barrel full of oil that i left burning in the backyard.

I was cleaning out the bag last night and found one of those tees that you screw into the ground, kinda like those old school corn on the cob holders. I'm gonna try that one out too. I have no idea how it got there tho.

I will also test hitting off a diet Pepsi can as well as other choice carbonated drinks.

I'll try and get some pics of he test, before and aftermath.

I think the brush tees are questionable.

I'll also be using The Hammer as the driver. Just FYI.

R35

Quote Originally Posted by rockford35
    Crowe,

I'm pretty sure i'd have a tough time finding biodegradeable tees around these parts. It's pretty green where I live. We don't have many tree huggers around here, mostly because 90%+ of everyone in the city where i live participates in earth friendly practices like recycling of all types and water conservation.

Now where did i put those plastic tees....oh right, in a big barrel full of oil that i left burning in the backyard.

I was cleaning out the bag last night and found one of those tees that you screw into the ground, kinda like those old school corn on the cob holders. I'm gonna try that one out too. I have no idea how it got there tho.

I will also test hitting off a diet Pepsi can as well as other choice carbonated drinks.

I'll try and get some pics of he test, before and aftermath.

I think the brush tees are questionable.

I'll also be using The Hammer as the driver. Just FYI.

R35
    I hear that hand-formed, fire-baked cow dung makes great, low-cost tee substitutes. An added benefit is that your playing partners rarely ask to borrow one. Just an idea.

I hear that hand-formed, fire-baked cow dung makes great, low-cost tee substitutes. An added benefit is that your playing partners rarely ask to borrow one. Just an idea.

The only problem is, it sticks to your hands when soft. Then, you have to try and scrape it off with your feet. Then, it sticks to your shoes, and you have to try and wipe it off with your face.

And no one wants to be on the first tee with cow dung on their face. Not even me.

R35

The only problem is, it sticks to your hands when soft. Then, you have to try and scrape it off with your feet. Then, it sticks to your shoes, and you have to try and wipe it off with your face.

And no one wants to be on the first tee with cow dung on their face. Not even me.

R35
    Then again if yer like me and tend to suck the tee peg on the stroll down the fairway people will wonder about yer brown teeth ..... tho I spose it's a good way of relieving cigarette breath of smokers........

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ireland
    Then again if yer like me and tend to suck the tee peg on the stroll down the fairway people will wonder about yer brown teeth ..... tho I spose it's a good way of relieving cigarette breath of smokers........
    It would also cure chapped lips, as you're not so proned to lick them afterwards...

Hand-formed tees

Well, i just got back from Walmart and they were blowing out a bunch of golf stuff. I don't often frequent the golf section in Walmart, but today i was just walking through.

I saw that they were blowing out some Brush Tees and Veloci-tees, super cheap. I thought, what the hell, i'll give them a go.

I'll let all of you know what my findings are tommorrow.

Aren't you all anxious to find out? Has anyone played with these things before. I mean, they look so cool, the ball has got to go straighter and longer, right? .......or is it "the ball has to go right, straighter and longer?"

Update to follow....

R35
    Yeah, right. Like none of us ever frequents the golf aisle at Walmart. Where else do you get your visors? You pay $7.98 and you can advertise for some golf OEM. What a privilege.

Speaking of hand-formed tees, I found a tee the other night that someone had painstakingly chiseled so that the part the ball rests on was 3-sided and just wide enough to support the ball. My playing partner claimed that this conformation was natural evolution: you hit the ball 3 times from the tee, chipping away a small amount of the outside circumference of the tee-top each time, with judicious rotation prior to the second and third shots. Et voila! The perfectly aerodynamic, minimum-drag tee. I'm not so sure of that explanation for how IT GOT THAT WAY, though. Could have been beavers...?

I'd send you a picture of the tee for verification, but I promptly teed up a driver and hammered that sucker into the weeds (the tee, not the driver). It was a natural tee, not day-glo plastic. Had it been plastic, I'd still have it today, or the tee mower would. But the little triangular tee is no more. I was attempting to drive over a 60-foot hill about 250 yards off the tee. Fell short. Should of used a brush tee.

If I find another triangular-topped tee, Rock, I'll send it postage-paid to your testing facility. True science should not be denied.

It would also cure chapped lips, as you're not so proned to lick them afterwards...
    LOL......Duly noted bd ....

Quote Originally Posted by jc@bg
    If I find another triangular-topped tee, Rock, I'll send it postage-paid to your testing facility. True science should not be denied.

Sounds like a plan.

For now, i'll put it under "Theoretical Tee Devices" as an Old Wives Tale. ;)

If anyone has any other samples, please feel free to send them to the testing facility, more commonly known as my local driving range. Every procautionary control is used to ensure proper testing of every device. This includes swinging very hard in an attempt to hit the ball very far.

I'm regripping my driver right now.

R35

Sounds like a plan.

For now, i'll put it under "Theoretical Tee Devices" as an Old Wives Tale. ;)

If anyone has any other samples, please feel free to send them to the testing facility, more commonly known as my local driving range. Every procautionary control is used to ensure proper testing of every device. This includes swinging very hard in an attempt to hit the ball very far.

I'm regripping my driver right now.

R35
    Is this a constant regrip before takeaway, circa sirgio? or are you regripping at the top? Just wondering. ;)

Is this a constant regrip before takeaway, circa sirgio? or are you regripping at the top? Just wondering. ;)

No, it's your basic Winn wrap to Golf Pride Tour Velvet replacement. It helps me get my hips through the zone.

If anyone needs their grips done, i'm the king of the regrip.

R35

Thread Information