|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Best Golf Ball?

Best Golf Ball?

Hi everyone. I am new here. I am an avid golfer that plays about 100 rounds a year. And I go through a lot of balls playing

I currently use and LIKE the Titleist Pro V1X. Or Pro V1. My only complaint is PRICE.

So, what are informed players using that is comparable in performance but cheaper in price?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by three_putt_jimmy
    Hi everyone. I am new here. I am an avid golfer that plays about 100 rounds a year. And I go through a lot of balls playing

I currently use and LIKE the Titleist Pro V1X. Or Pro V1. My only complaint is PRICE.

So, what are informed players using that is comparable in performance but cheaper in price?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    I am new here too, but if your using Pro V1's you must off used plenty of balls before you got to the standard to use Pro V1's I would hate to use em' in case I hit one in the water or ob.. I would spend all day looking for Pro V1's in the shrubs.. On the complete other end of the scale which is where im at, I have recently used Top Flite XL 5000, Callaway Warbird's, Taylormade XD, and most recently and my favourite out of 2 two peice balls that I use is Precept D feel but if your on Pro V 1's it's probably no comparison.. Top Flite's are real hard... they are are all hard but the D feel are the best I have hit, best feel and most straight I have hit in a while... All very cheap compared to Pro V1's... Here's a tip if u like Pro V1's buy top grade seconds!

Thanks. Yeah, buying good seconds makes sense. And about most stuff i am not superstitious. I can play used clubs, hats, anything. But i got to open a new sleeve pf balls. used doesn't make it. Weird i know

Jimmy, you might want to run a search on this site and you will find a plethora of threads about golf balls.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Jimmy you hom o prov1 are stolen goods do some research get a better ball like the tm tp red
    SILLY FA$&!?S BLUE/WHITE TEES ARE FOR B$&@?z

BAGGING
    45" srixon zrw stiff
    3&5 wood srixon zsteel reg
    3-pw srixon i701 project x rifle 5.5
    52 & 58 srixon wg 706 wedges nippon 1080
    mizuno bettanardi putter
    lamkin crossline
    tm tp red

Quote Originally Posted by BumpnRun
    Jimmy you hom o prov1 are stolen goods do some research get a better ball like the tm tp red
    I can't really care about the Titleist-Callaway conflict. The ProV1x still seems the best for me. Second to it would be Srizon Z-series, and URCs, followed by Callaway's Tour ix.
    Answering this thread, I would say a good, bang-for-buck ball would be TaylorMade's Burner TP, or Srixon Tri-Speed. The AD333 is not bad of a choice, but it's real mushy, more like a ladies ball.

Thanks for the replies. I was actually hoping for maybe a link to a list of similar type balls. I "assume" there are specific characteristics that are measurable and I can then try some others. The Srixon sounds promising as they are big here in Thailand.

I will also do a site search later after GOLF

I am playing in a local "Presidents Cup". It is supposed to be like the real one with the USA against everyone not part of Europe. But the reality is - not enough of us yanks. We have several honorary members from England on the team.

Today is "Greensomes". Otherwise known as "hit your partners ball into a lake". This could be gooooood.

Thanks for the replies. I was actually hoping for maybe a link to a list of similar type balls. I "assume" there are specific characteristics that are measurable and I can then try some others. The Srixon sounds promising as they are big here in Thailand.

I will also do a site search later after GOLF

I am playing in a local "Presidents Cup". It is supposed to be like the real one with the USA against everyone not part of Europe. But the reality is - not enough of us yanks. We have several honorary members from England on the team.

Today is "Greensomes". Otherwise known as "hit your partners ball into a lake". This could be gooooood.
    I only play Titleist Pro V1x and Callaway Tour HX ix balls, I don't give a shite what anybody on here thinks and you shouldn't either. However, there are several threads on here that talk about some balls that would be cheaper but give you some similar performance as the Pro V1s -- which are the balls that all others are measured by.

Quote Originally Posted by andylocky6
    I am new here too, but if your using Pro V1's you must off used plenty of balls before you got to the standard to use Pro V1's I would hate to use em' in case I hit one in the water or ob.. I would spend all day looking for Pro V1's in the shrubs.. On the complete other end of the scale which is where im at, I have recently used Top Flite XL 5000, Callaway Warbird's, Taylormade XD, and most recently and my favourite out of 2 two peice balls that I use is Precept D feel but if your on Pro V 1's it's probably no comparison.. Top Flite's are real hard... they are are all hard but the D feel are the best I have hit, best feel and most straight I have hit in a while... All very cheap compared to Pro V1's... Here's a tip if u like Pro V1's buy top grade seconds!
    Quite possibly a list of the worst golf balls ever. Those D feels are possibly the deadest ball I've ever hit. You really need to grow a set and stop wasting energy worrying about losing balls. That is a really negative mind set and will lead to bad golf. Better to use premium balls and concentrate on all the good things they will do for your game.

BTW Jimmy, there is a GR ban on all titleist equipment so if you continue to use them you will be considered a DB POS.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Quite possibly a list of the worst golf balls ever. Those D feels are possibly the deadest ball I've ever hit. You really need to grow a set and stop wasting energy worrying about losing balls. That is a really negative mind set and will lead to bad golf. Better to use premium balls and concentrate on all the good things they will do for your game.

BTW Jimmy, there is a GR ban on all titleist equipment so if you continue to use them you will be considered a DB POS.

I really don't care what anyone thinks of the ball I play. Performance is everything

Just trying to save a buck. I play a lot of golf and at $45 a dozen it is getting silly.

Just trying to save a buck. I play a lot of golf and at $45 a dozen it is getting silly.
    In NZ we pay at least twice that in NZD which converts to about $60-$65 in USD. Utterly ridiculous and especially painful if you send a brand new one into water or into the woods.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I am a proud DB POS for playing my 690 CBs and D1 driver. A good product is a good product, end of story. With that said, not all Titleist products are good enough in quality to justify the price tag. Scotty Cameron putters and the ProV1s come to mind. I think the GR ban should be on the ProV1/Ixs for the rip off of Callaway patents and because it is way overpriced for a ball that shreds after 2 wedge shots.

Wait, I play Callaway I tours, HX Tours and their Rule 56s when they were in the market. All of them were more durable and spun just as well, so I do not see how Titleist actually ripped them off, wouldn't a carbon copy clone be just as durable? If they tried to steal the model, they didn't do a good job at it. Of course, the courts tend to think that they did.

Anyways you have to be a DB to play this half a$$ed sport.
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutter
    I am a proud DB POS for playing my 690 CBs and D1 driver. A good product is a good product, end of story. With that said, not all Titleist products are good enough in quality to justify the price tag. Scotty Cameron putters and the ProV1s come to mind. I think the GR ban should be on the ProV1/Ixs for the rip off of Callaway patents and because it is way overpriced for a ball that shreds after 2 wedge shots.

Wait, I play Callaway I tours, HX Tours and their Rule 56s when they were in the market. All of them were more durable and spun just as well, so I do not see how Titleist actually ripped them off, wouldn't a carbon copy clone be just as durable? If they tried to steal the model, they didn't do a good job at it. Of course, the courts tend to think that they did.

Anyways you have to be a DB to play this half a$$ed sport.
    I admit. I haveb't a clue what you jsut said Wat the heck is a DB POS? And I admit - I don't care who rips who off. I just want golf balls that perform for a good price

there's little difference in actual ball performance as long as you stay in a particular price range. my advice...play with cheap used balls and apply the saved money to lessons.
    Incidentally, I don't play with the Titleist NXT tour and the Callaway HX Hot, usually.
    ===================================
    Dr. Spank Ph.D.
    "Smart as a Horse, Hung Like Einstein"
    ===================================

I admit. I haveb't a clue what you jsut said Wat the heck is a DB POS? And I admit - I don't care who rips who off. I just want golf balls that perform for a good price
    A DB is a d0uche b@g and a POS is a piece of sh*t. It is the less vulgar way of saying it. Some GR people tend to think anyone who play Titleist are DB POS because in court, Titleist was ruled to be a copryright violation with its Prov1 over a Callaway ball. Well, some of the poeple who claim all Titleist products are for DBs, I wonder why then they bag Callaway, Ping, Taylormade or Nike.

Brand usually doesn't matter if a ball or club is well made. It is just irony that I usually dont like a ProV1. If you want quality for a lower price range go with the Bridgestone e serires, Callaway HX Hoits or bites, or some Srixons. My gripe about the ProV1 is that a good wedge shot will shred its cover. that is too weak for a 45 dollar a dozen pack.
    Last edited by connecticutter; 10-01-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    WitB 2010:

Other clubs:

The best ball eva at $23 a dozen was the Dunlop Loco Pro. This ball was the nuts and just as good as the ProV. Why the fools at Dunlop stopped making this gem of a ball is beyond me.....may the Loco Pro rest in peace......

Quote Originally Posted by Tee'd Off
    The best ball eva at $23 a dozen was the Dunlop Loco Pro. This ball was the nuts and just as good as the ProV. Why the fools at Dunlop stopped making this gem of a ball is beyond me.....may the Loco Pro rest in peace......
    I tried them once and didn't really like them, but JD won the Buick a few years back with them and raved about them, and there is no higher endorsement in golf than that.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

A DB is a d0uche b@g and a POS is a piece of sh*t. It is the less vulgar way of saying it. Some GR people tend to think anyone who play Titleist are DB POS because in court, Titleist was ruled to be a copryright violation with its Prov1 over a Callaway ball. Well, some of the poeple who claim all Titleist products are for DBs, I wonder why then they bag Callaway, Ping, Taylormade or Nike.

Brand usually doesn't matter if a ball or club is well made. It is just irony that I usually dont like a ProV1. If you want quality for a lower price range go with the Bridgestone e serires, Callaway HX Hoits or bites, or some Srixons. My gripe about the ProV1 is that a wood wedge shot will shred its cover. that is too weak for a 45 dollar a dozen pack.
    Thanks. Sometimes I need a conversion dictionary for internet chat boards

I know nothing about any Titleist court case. I assume the court finds right and if there is any copyright violation financial compensation is ordered. None of my business in any case. Heck, every single manufacturer of clubs today is in some way copying Ping's cavity back concept or Calloway's oversize club idea. Or in my other hobby, do you have any idea how many guitars look a lot like a Fender Stratacaster?

I'll check out the other balls you mention. Are any of them really that much less expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I only play Titleist Pro V1x and Callaway Tour HX ix balls, I don't give a shite what anybody on here thinks and you shouldn't either. However, there are several threads on here that talk about some balls that would be cheaper but give you some similar performance as the Pro V1s -- which are the balls that all others are measured by.
    Smart move. Neither do I give a shite what anybody thinks here. They probably can't think anyway.

Actually I was looking for this too after more and more searching i have found best golf balls source. I am sharing this with all you
    http://www.golfballs.co.uk/
    [NO URLs IN SIG PLEASE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Millington
    Actually I was looking for this too after more and more searching i have found best golf balls source. I am sharing this with all you
    Hey Millington, you should really stab yourself in the face.
    The best cheap balls are last years tour balls. I've seen TM Red's from 2008 going for 2 for $55 and Nike One Blacks and Platinums under $30. These are at retail giants so I'm guessing that you could find even better deals from the online guys.
    I was loving it when Golf Galaxy was clearing out 2008 Bstone B330's earlier in the year. I like them better than the 2009 version.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

The best bargains are usually the last year or two's top shelf lines. Nike One Blacks/Platinum are about 30 bucks a dozen now since the Tour and Tour D are out. Srixons are better balls and even cheaper as the Z URCs are about 25 bucks a dozen now. Once in a while I see a good deal in Taylormade TP's or the NXT series.
    WitB 2010:

Other clubs:

The best bargains are usually the last year or two's top shelf lines. Nike One Blacks/Platinum are about 30 bucks a dozen now since the Tour and Tour D are out. Srixons are better balls and even cheaper as the Z URCs are about 25 bucks a dozen now. Once in a while I see a good deal in Taylormade TP's or the NXT series.
    Very true. SRIXON produces fantastic bang-for-buck golf balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    Very true. SRIXON produces fantastic bang-for-buck golf balls.
    I used to have a silly vendetta against the Srixon because a local driving range had some economical Srixons for their range balls with some wax coding on the cover. I know a range ball is a dime a dozen and I really shouldn't expect a lot, but they were crap balls.

Then someone let me use a sleeve or the Z URC or URS and it changed my opinion on them. Even their soft feel is a good two piece. They are bought Cleveland, which is a company I always liked.
    WitB 2010:

Other clubs:

I used to have a silly vendetta against the Srixon because a local driving range had some economical Srixons for their range balls with some wax coding on the cover. I know a range ball is a dime a dozen and I really shouldn't expect a lot, but they were crap balls.

Then someone let me use a sleeve or the Z URC or URS and it changed my opinion on them. Even their soft feel is a good two piece. They are bought Cleveland, which is a company I always liked.
    Try their more expensive Z-Star range too. They're very good, comparable to ProV1 and ProV1x. Heck, I think they created those Z-Stars as a counterpart of the Titleist's.

Thanks. Sometimes I need a conversion dictionary for internet chat boards

I know nothing about any Titleist court case. I assume the court finds right and if there is any copyright violation financial compensation is ordered. None of my business in any case. Heck, every single manufacturer of clubs today is in some way copying Ping's cavity back concept or Calloway's oversize club idea. Or in my other hobby, do you have any idea how many guitars look a lot like a Fender Stratacaster?

I'll check out the other balls you mention. Are any of them really that much less expensive?
    ok you got my attention. Ain't nothin better than an American Deluxe Strat....OK maybe my Les Paul........
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    ok you got my attention. Ain't nothin better than an American Deluxe Strat....OK maybe my Les Paul........
    I suppose it didn't escape your attention that Les Paul died recently. I saw some footage of him once and he could play pretty well. I used to have an old white strat and i lent it to a friend and never saw it again. I've got a handmade Maton now that was made when they were a small operation in the 70's. Solid body, maple with a big fat ebony frettboard and humbucker pick-ups. Still miss the old strat though.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

OK. Well, I'll just try a few brands when i get back to the states. It doesn't sound like you can get ProV1 performance for much of a lower price. Bummer. And now, some guitar porn for a few guys on this thread. This is my OTHER hobby. Sadly, I'm a better golfer than guitar player. But I do play on the best gear available

OK. Well, I'll just try a few brands when i get back to the states. It doesn't sound like you can get ProV1 performance for much of a lower price. Bummer. And now, some guitar porn for a few guys on this thread. This is my OTHER hobby. Sadly, I'm a better golfer than guitar player. But I do play on the best gear available
    Backatcha....I'm thinkin I shoulda stuck to windsurfing 1st, music 2nd because chasing this little white ball around is far more frustrating than anything else I've ever done. I tend to gravitate to the things I can't do well and try to figure them out....I'm such a DA.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guitars 1 small.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	2220
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guitars 2 small.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	2221
    Last edited by noshuz; 10-02-2009 at 04:50 AM.
    team obnoxious

Very, very sweet you guys....
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Very nice. What make OM acoustic is that? Looks high endish.

I don't have a resonator and might need to try one. I love old time blues.

That's a fine collection you got there. Looks like PRS's and LP's?
    team obnoxious

I'm in to music as well. I prefer the instrument of the guy on the left . . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJlyWtKZch0

Very nice. What make OM acoustic is that? Looks high endish.

I don't have a resonator and might need to try one. I love old time blues.
    Collings OM1 I went through a lot of guitars to finally and up with that one. It's got a big sound for a little guitar. It's my baby.
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I'm in to music as well. I prefer the instrument of the guy on the left . . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJlyWtKZch0
    NICE! How they keep a straight face is whats really impressive!
    team obnoxious

Jimmy, you and noshuz look like you might be the kind of guys who collect scotty cameron putters. Horseballs would cream himself if either of you had a wall full of cameron putters on display...better still, if you have a collection of SC head covers.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

No Scottys but I do have a couple of YES! putters
    team obnoxious

That's a fine collection you got there. Looks like PRS's and LP's?
    Thanks. PRS and Collings (new to electrics but fine) and a few customs. The Collings SoCo Deluxe is an awesome guitar in the old Gibson 335 space.

I didn't realise this site had changed to GR guitar review... Only joking you guys. I had an electric guitar once, I couldn't play it so I got drunk one night and smashed it up, I tried to throw the tv out the window but I was too drunk and put my back out. Turns out I'm not a rock star after all..

Thanks. PRS and Collings (new to electrics but fine) and a few customs. The Collings SoCo Deluxe is an awesome guitar in the old Gibson 335 space.
    I thought that might be a Collings HA! Fine guitars. You don't have one their acoustics? That's what they're really known for. I think they might be pricier than their electrics. The one on my wall was priced at $3600. I got the brother deal though. I was in the amp business for a couple of years with a friend of mine. We got to know Frank Hannon from tesla (80's Hair Band) although still playing. He was playing our amps for a year before signing with Marshall. Nice guy.
    I gotta say this was a fine hijacking of your thread jimmy!
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    I didn't realise this site had changed to GR guitar review... Only joking you guys. I had an electric guitar once, I couldn't play it so I got drunk one night and smashed it up, I tried to throw the tv out the window but I was too drunk and put my back out. Turns out I'm not a rock star after all..
    Cool. Yeah, I get carried away. I love my guitars so. But back on track I am still in the market for a ball that approximates the ProV1 at a lower price. From the sounds of it there isn't one.

Dayum. And last week in greensomes my partner hit MY new ball in the water.

I thought that might be a Collings HA! Fine guitars. You don't have one their acoustics? That's what they're really known for. I think they might be pricier than their electrics. The one on my wall was priced at $3600. I got the brother deal though. I was in the amp business for a couple of years with a friend of mine. We got to know Frank Hannon from tesla (80's Hair Band) although still playing. He was playing our amps for a year before signing with Marshall. Nice guy.
    I gotta say this was a fine hijacking of your thread jimmy!
    It;s OK to threadjack your own thread isn't it

Yeah, Collings makes some great acoustics. I thought I was going to buy one but when I tried all the stuff in my pushers store I wound up with a Huss & Dalton braz/adi OM model. Man that thing rings. I have to run play golf but I'll find a picture of it when I get back.
    Last edited by three_putt_jimmy; 10-03-2009 at 04:20 PM.

I really don't care what anyone thinks of the ball I play. Performance is everything

Srixon Trispeed? TM TP Red/Black?

Trispeed is comparable to Nike Ignite/Titleist NXT Tour.

TM TP Red/Black can be had under 30 USD a dozen here in the US and are comparable to ProV1,B-330(S)(RX), Nike One, Callaway HX Tour series.

I'd agree with the first advice that if you like ProV1 buy second hand ProV1. If you must play a new ball and need tons of spin, try the TM TP series, otherwise you'll settle into the 3 piece balls with a pseudo mantle category. There is a 50 lb brain on the forum who can tell anything you want to know about the construction of golf balls, probably more in fact.
    Clearly the rules don't apply in this situation.

Nothing tops the moonlight sonata jug player on My Name is Earl
    Clearly the rules don't apply in this situation.

Maybe not as good as the pro v1 but still a good ball are nxts you can pick them up cheap as lakeballs.. Failling that just I'd just smash you guitars up and throw your plasma out the window...

Hope this helps..

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    Maybe not as good as the pro v1 but still a good ball are nxts you can pick them up cheap as lakeballs.. Failling that just I'd just smash you guitars up and throw your plasma out the window...

Hope this helps..
    Very odd post. What plasma? Anyway, NXTs. I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHuskers
    Srixon Trispeed? TM TP Red/Black?

Trispeed is comparable to Nike Ignite/Titleist NXT Tour.

TM TP Red/Black can be had under 30 USD a dozen here in the US and are comparable to ProV1,B-330(S)(RX), Nike One, Callaway HX Tour series.

I'd agree with the first advice that if you like ProV1 buy second hand ProV1. If you must play a new ball and need tons of spin, try the TM TP series, otherwise you'll settle into the 3 piece balls with a pseudo mantle category. There is a 50 lb brain on the forum who can tell anything you want to know about the construction of golf balls, probably more in fact.
    I wouldn't mind if said brain directed me to an article that explains the different manufacture techniques and lists balls made like the ProV1. I am certainly no expert on balls. I just know which ones play better and feel better off the club and give control on the greens.

Like other wise posters here I concur that the best deals on golf balls can always be had at retal outlets. Every golf shop always has at least one premium ball going cheap. In Oz there is a place that has ZURCs permanently at $39 doz, which is about $30 a doz cheaper than the new Z Star and probably just as good. There is also a place selling the old B330s for $30 a doz, less than half price. I got my Starta TL Tours for $49 for 2 dozen. All top shelf premium balls, all brand new. In comparison the same shops sell second hand proV1s for about $45 a dozen. Onbviously buying second hand proV1s is for saps.

P.S. Nice axes guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker

I'm not pretending that my list is good, but I did state that.. trust me my golf doesn't warrent playing Prov1's.. at the end of the day A Prov1 isn't going to do anything to my game that a cheap ball at a third of the price cant.. I'm a realist buddy I'm not negative I know I am going to lose balls at the course and the beauty is with a cheap one I don't even have to look for it.. Each to their own though if you want to pay over the top prices for a golf ball be my guest..

Quote Originally Posted by andylocky6

I'm not pretending that my list is good, but I did state that.. trust me my golf doesn't warrent playing Prov1's.. at the end of the day A Prov1 isn't going to do anything to my game that a cheap ball at a third of the price cant.. I'm a realist buddy I'm not negative I know I am going to lose balls at the course and the beauty is with a cheap one I don't even have to look for it.. Each to their own though if you want to pay over the top prices for a golf ball be my guest..
    I really don't know how much difference the kind of ball makes. I mean, one would learn to live without spin and a harder ball. I just LIKE the way the ProV1 plays. It SEEMS to add a bit of distance but mostly it is controllable around the greens.

I'm not that fussy with which clubs I use (no offset irons please) but the ball I am superstitious about. Got to be new and I like soft. I think I'm going to follow advice earlier in the thread and try some of the other premium balls that go on sale.

I was watching a bit of the Dunhill and I'd sure like to try one on the St Andrews greens. Looks like some nasty contour there.

Ever wonder what ball you'd pick if it didn't have a logo on it?
    team obnoxious

Callaway Tour ix

I wonder. But how long would you have to trial each one of the similar ones to tell the difference?

Thread Information