|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: Is playing golf left handed a biatch move?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...I'm tired of hearing these guys whine about not being able to find equipment.

7 43.75%
  • No...they can't help it if they were born different

9 56.25%

Is playing golf left handed a biatch move?

Is golf not a game played with 2 hands on a club and 2 feet on the ground. Sometimes, I think it might be better if we just got rid of left handed golf clubs.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I think it is if yer right handed.......WTF Phil?
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Definitely. Lefties should thank god every day us righties let them live.
    Can't find any golf equipment? Quit being so backward.
    Also, Canadians who golf shouldn't b!tch about the weather. Lefty Canadians should be lined up and shot.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Also, Canadians who golf shouldn't b!tch about the weather. Lefty Canadians should be lined up and shot.
    Going for the liberal vote again HB. Poofter

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I have sympathy for lefties but it does look wierd watching them swing it.
    Many years ago when children started school and showed an inclination to write with their left hand it was not tolerated and they where forced into using their right. Perhaps all golf teachers etc. could adopt the same policy.
    In the middle ages left handers were thought to be subjects of the devil. Perhaps that is where Phil got all his money.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    I am left handed in everything but golf. I got my older brothers clubs as hand me downs and have always played golf right handed. Its a bloody hard game either way,

Quote Originally Posted by A V Twiss
    I am left handed in everything but golf. I got my older brothers clubs as hand me downs and have always played golf right handed. Its a bloody hard game either way,
    Congrats. I wish they were all like you.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I'll be honest, I'm right handed at everything bit play golf left.. My dads the same but putts r/h... That's freaky.. My only reason for this is hand me down clubs.. This is not the thpe of sport where you van watch it on telly and think I'll give that a go, and just go out and fork a shitload of money on eqpt...

Eqpt is a nightmare though..

I'll bet if you started playing left handed tomorrow in no time at all you would play twice as good as you do now...

What if there were some players, like switch hitting baseball hitters who switch depending on what handed pitcher they're facing, who could switch depending on what lie they're faced with on the golf course.....I guess carrying a whole nuther lefty set of clubs would be pretty f ucked up and illegal though....just a thought

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    I'll bet if you started playing left handed tomorrow in no time at all you would play twice as good as you do now...
    Maybe. I have tried a couple of times and it felt like I had never played before. No surprises there I suppose. I guess I'm just too old (or lazy) to start over from scratch.

I'm a rightie in everything I do from using a golf stick to touching my stick.
    I can also hit left-handed, though, just flipping the 5 iron around and using a 3-quarter swing to get the ball out of nasty lies and only carrying it 100 yards. Tiger can do the same really naturally and carry it 150 yards, or more if he wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    What if there were some players, like switch hitting baseball hitters who switch depending on what handed pitcher they're facing, who could switch depending on what lie they're faced with on the golf course.....I guess carrying a whole nuther lefty set of clubs would be pretty f ucked up and illegal though....just a thought
    I mentioned this awhile ago, but there's a guy a played against who carried a lefty pitching wedge and used it for chips and pitches, while doing everything else righthanded. He is approximately 50 years old, has been playing golf for decades, and just started doing this. It shocked me a bit to see him do it the first time. He was OK with this method, which means he must have been absolute garbage pitching and chipping righthanded.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Yes, golfing left handed is a gay as a French trombone. Phil Mickelson..Poe4soul...Isn't that evidence enough?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Yeah? Lets setup a tennis match and see if you can return a tricky lefty serve... Most righties turn themselves inside out. The best who ever played tennis were lefies.

And then there is baseball pitching--where lefties dominate the best of the best.

There are several "real" lefties coming up in the golf pros now. Steve Flesch, Bubba Watson, etc. Weir and Mickelson are actually right-handed. Forget them. A few years ago Mickelson thought he could throw at the pro baseball level --and tried out throwing right handed! He got shelled, not even good enough to throw batting practice.

Lefty bowlers are among the best as are lefty dart throwers. Michaelangelo and many other painting and sculpturing masters were lefties-- which is natural because our left sides are MORE connected to our brains than are the right sides of righties. When it works, it REALLY works. Real lefties are never even close to "ambidextrous."

So if you're going to challenge a lefty, pick your sport carefully.

Larry (a real lefty)

Maybe. I have tried a couple of times and it felt like I had never played before. No surprises there I suppose. I guess I'm just too old (or lazy) to start over from scratch.
    I've got a friend who skateboards regular footed and surfs goofyfooted. He is a way better skater than a surfer...I've always told him he should surf regular because when I've seen him do it he just looks more natural and better style. But he says it doesn't feel right for some reason. I think if he had just surfed regular foot from the get go he would be a pretty good surfer. As a goofy surfer he just hasn't been able to take it to the next level like the rest of our friends have (surfing since age 4).

That was my first thought when I read your post about being lefty but golfing righty

My dudes dad has both left and right drivers he hits either one tge same. It looks funny as hell to see him switching it up. I skate snowboard and surf goofy footed that is tge natural way.
    SILLY FA$&!?S BLUE/WHITE TEES ARE FOR B$&@?z

BAGGING
    45" srixon zrw stiff
    3&5 wood srixon zsteel reg
    3-pw srixon i701 project x rifle 5.5
    52 & 58 srixon wg 706 wedges nippon 1080
    mizuno bettanardi putter
    lamkin crossline
    tm tp red

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    The best who ever played tennis were lefies.

And then there is baseball pitching--where lefties dominate the best of the best.

There are several "real" lefties coming up in the golf pros now.

Lefty bowlers are among the best as are lefty dart throwers. Michaelangelo and many other painting and sculpturing masters were lefties.

Larry (a real lefty)
    Having seen all your swing videos I think we are all aware how awesome 'real' lefties like yourself are.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    Yeah? Lets setup a tennis match and see if you can return a tricky lefty serve... Most righties turn themselves inside out. The best who ever played tennis were lefies.

There are several "real" lefties coming up in the golf pros now. Steve Flesch, Bubba Watson, etc. Weir and Mickelson are actually right-handed. Forget them. A few years ago Mickelson thought he could throw at the pro baseball level --and tried out throwing right handed! He got shelled, not even good enough to throw batting practice.

Lefty bowlers are among the best as are lefty dart throwers. Michaelangelo and many other painting and sculpturing masters were lefties-- which is natural because our left sides are MORE connected to our brains than are the right sides of righties. When it works, it REALLY works. Real lefties are never even close to "ambidextrous."

Larry (a real lefty)
    This is a real gem. Even Larry knows that Mickelson is wannabe fraud.

Did HB just get owned by Larry? I would mark this down HB...getting called out by LRSF is just a step below Fred3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist

Did HB just get owned by Larry? I would mark this down HB...getting called out by LRSF is just a step below Fred3.
    I wonder if Larryrsf slams down aces in tennis as often as he knocks down pins on the golf course?

Knowing the way he cheats in golf I wouldn't want him making his own line calls in tennis.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist

It is a great source of pride for me.
    It's been over a year since I last picked up a tennis racquet, but I'm 100% sure I would run Lawwie into a heart attack within a few games. I will need a video of his wacky lefty serve before I make any claims about being able to smash it for a winner every time. Preferrably slow motion, but regular speed will suffice.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I will need a video of his wacky lefty serve before I make any claims about being able to smash it for a winner every time. Preferrably slow motion, but regular speed will suffice.
    ... with a ribbon tied to the racquet head?

Now where the f#ck am I?

I'm a lefty and played rightie for 15 years. Met a guy like me who switched to left handed and said I should give it a try. I am already shooting lower scores in one year of golf than I was in 15 as a rightie. So I should have switched a long time ago. And as for finding equipment, just look on ebay. The great thing about being lefty is that everything is dirt cheap on ebay as there are fewer left handed golfers. You get the same type of club at the third of the price.

And on another note, pay attention to how many actors are left handed. Lefties tend to be more creative... and you righties just can't handle that... You can also tell a difference in the golf course designs by those of lefties and righties.

Quote Originally Posted by Duddles
    I'm a lefty and played rightie for 15 years. Met a guy like me who switched to left handed and said I should give it a try. I am already shooting lower scores in one year of golf than I was in 15 as a rightie. So I should have switched a long time ago. And as for finding equipment, just look on ebay. The great thing about being lefty is that everything is dirt cheap on ebay as there are fewer left handed golfers. You get the same type of club at the third of the price.

And on another note, pay attention to how many actors are left handed. Lefties tend to be more creative... and you righties just can't handle that... You can also tell a difference in the golf course designs by those of lefties and righties.

Yes, but righties tend to be more logical and superior at critical thinking, as you can imagine...

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Yes, but righties tend to be more logical and superior at critical thinking, as you can imagine...

FON
    Nicely done.

Is this really an argument you're trying to make? Actors? 99% of right handed amateurs think actors are worthless.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Brainduddles are you sure, left handed eqpt is nails to find(decent stuff anyway), as for this price mark down I'm not even sure where your getting that info, maybe it's because I use eBay uk, trust me theres is ****all out there. Some makes like mizuno don't even make certain clubs in left hand (MP 33), unless your using a bag full of wilsons or rams it's a lottery, bargains are few and far between, ping aernt too bad to get hold of either.

And as for finding equipment, just look on ebay. The great thing about being lefty is that everything is dirt cheap on ebay as there are fewer left handed golfers. You get the same type of club at the third of the price.
    D, on those rare occasions when I'm not thinking about sex, I sometimes find myself thinking about the economics of used golf equipment. So I find this phenomenom you're describing very interesting.

Why is used equipment cheaper for lefties? Does creativity lead to quitting things more? Is lefty life expectancy shorter than for righties? Maybe lefties simply can't figure out how to buy on E-Bay? Is left handed golf equipment subsidiized?

Help us out here with the underpinnings of this.
    GR lives...

i'm left handed... but i play golf right... i wanted to learn and so i picked up my dad's clubs and started playing, my dad offered to buy left handed clubs, but i was already comfortable playing right handed...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    D, on those rare occasions when I'm not thinking about sex, I sometimes find myself thinking about the economics of used golf equipment. So I find this phenomenom you're describing very interesting.

Why is used equipment cheaper for lefties? Does creativity lead to quitting things more? Is lefty life expectancy shorter than for righties? Maybe lefties simply can't figure out how to buy on E-Bay? Is left handed golf equipment subsidiized?

Help us out here with the underpinnings of this.
    In my humble experience left handed gear (in OZ anyway) goes for the same or a higher price than the equivelent right handed stuff. I put this down to even though there are less lefties, the amount of gear is significantly less. Righties have endless choice, lefties have little. Less choice= higher demand=higher prices achieved at auction.
    BTW Lorenzo congrats on cracking the 4K mark. Puts you in an elite group. Keep up the great work. Your efforts have always kept me interested and entertained on the way to my 1000th. post.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    In my humble experience left handed gear (in OZ anyway) goes for the same or a higher price than the equivelent right handed stuff. I put this down to even though there are less lefties, the amount of gear is significantly less. Righties have endless choice, lefties have little. Less choice= higher demand=higher prices achieved at auction.
    BTW Lorenzo congrats on cracking the 4K mark. Puts you in an elite group. Keep up the great work. Your efforts have always kept me interested and entertained on the way to my 1000th. post.
    Well done on the 1000. You are a little less than a 1/4 of the way to the 4500 posts required to make your vote count in polls. Keep up the good work.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

And congrats to you on your reaching the 1,000 post milestone. It's certainly more impressive than 4,000. 1,000 means you can pretty much hang with anyone. 4,000 means you have too much down time and, at times, don't get enough sex.

4,500 means you root for the Bengals. So I'm going to try really hard to slow down my posting.
    GR lives...

Well done on the 1000. You are a little less than a 1/4 of the way to the 4500 posts required to make your vote count in polls. Keep up the good work.
    Yes HB I realise my place. I am just a simple working man who has lost most ego and pride mainly for 2 reasons. I play a lot of golf. I have been married quite a long time (to the one woman). My only humble request to the golfing gods is that I live long enough to get to 4K where my vote counts.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    And congrats to you on your reaching the 1,000 post milestone. It's certainly more impressive than 4,000. 1,000 means you can pretty much hang with anyone. 4,000 means you have too much down time and, at times, don't get enough sex.

4,500 means you root for the Bengals. So I'm going to try really hard to slow down my posting.
    LOL. Thanks Loz.
    A good example here, entertaining with a not so subtle shot at some misguided senior member.

I agree to a point. Cheap POS gear goes for a steal. If you need anything better than a cast oversized POS with a graphite shaft (ie larry's clubs) then you pay through the nose. I've been looking for a good set of used blades on ebay and there will only be a handful and many have Regular or graphite shafts. When you find a good set of irons with a quality shaft they will have many bidders. such is life.

BTW - I'm must be a total BM in Hb's eyes. I'm RH'ed playing LH. I want to biatch slap my dad every time we play golf for allow me to learn to swing LH.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    I agree to a point. Cheap POS gear goes for a steal. If you need anything better than a cast oversized POS with a graphite shaft (ie larry's clubs) then you pay through the nose. I've been looking for a good set of used blades on ebay and there will only be a handful and many have Regular or graphite shafts. When you find a good set of irons with a quality shaft they will have many bidders. such is life.

BTW - I'm must be a total BM in Hb's eyes. I'm RH'ed playing LH. I want to biatch slap my dad every time we play golf for allow me to learn to swing LH.
    Well you're not Canadian, although Oregon is pretty close.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Feel the love..
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i'm left handed... but i play golf right... i wanted to learn and so i picked up my dad's clubs and started playing, my dad offered to buy left handed clubs, but i was already comfortable playing right handed...
    Hey PingMan why are your Rifle shafts not 7.0.

Thread Information