|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: Should we change the term "Game Improvement"?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should the term, Game Improvement, continue to be used on this forum?

12 60.00%
  • Should we change the term to, Game Disguising?

4 20.00%
  • Should the term be changed, but to something different than Game Disguising?

4 20.00%

Game Improvement or Game Disguising?

After reading some posts with the phrase "Game improvement" irons in it, I began to think we need a more accurate wording to use on GR to denote these types of irons. Anyone who has spent time with their game knows that the so called "Game Improvement" irons really DO NOT improve a players' game, but simply disguise their swing flaws. Therefore, I believe that as responsible mentors of the game here on GR, we are misleading posters by using this term in conversation. I would like us to vote on a name change for this term.

What will it be: GI = Game Improvement or GD = Game Disguising?

Remember, poll results are binding on GR so vote wisely. (And no special favors for posters with over 4,000 posts. Sorry)
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Remember, poll results are binding on GR so vote wisely. (And no special favors for posters with over 4,000 posts. Sorry)
    Damn straight Sooner

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

It's just an industry term Sooner. We can call it what we want but if you are referring to a certain genre of clubs be it player, game improvement, super game improvement clubs or whatever we know what we are talking about relative to the models out there. i.e. the size of clubhead, the size of the cavity, amount of offset, thick topline etc.

I wouldn't call them Game Disguising though. Some have referred to them as 'Score Improvement' rather than Game Improvement as they can help choppers improve their scores rather than their swings. Game improvement just means an easier to hit, oversize forgiving clubhead IMO which is what probably >75% of club golfers/hackers want. Unlike the masochists on GR who want to be punished for their errant swings!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Game Disguising - right on the ball. They don't improve your game, they just mask your errors.

Kiwi is right. It is an industry PR jargon for marketing purposes. It is a nice way of saying chopper or beginning (not that a beginner is pejorative). It's easier to sell hackers clubs when you dont directly call them hackers. GD is a pretty good name. I woupd opt for lazy man clubs or LMCs instead.
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

POS Shovel Chopper Paddles or POSSCP. Otherwise known as Callaway.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    It's just an industry term Sooner. We can call it what we want but if you are referring to a certain genre of clubs be it player, game improvement, super game improvement clubs or whatever we know what we are talking about relative to the models out there. i.e. the size of clubhead, the size of the cavity, amount of offset, thick topline etc.

I wouldn't call them Game Disguising though. Some have referred to them as 'Score Improvement' rather than Game Improvement as they can help choppers improve their scores rather than their swings. Game improvement just means an easier to hit, oversize forgiving clubhead IMO which is what probably >75% of club golfers/hackers want. Unlike the masochists on GR who want to be punished for their errant swings!
    I don't think we should bend to "industry terms and jargon" that mislead golfers into thinking the shovels will improve their game. We at GR are on the cutting end of truth and I think it is our duty to begin new standards and trends, or continue to expound the virtues of the old ways.

But, by the way the poll is going, mine is but a voice of reasoning crying in the wilderness of golf camoflauge . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I don't think we should bend to "industry terms and jargon" that mislead golfers into thinking the shovels will improve their game. We at GR are on the cutting end of truth and I think it is our duty to begin new standards and trends, or continue to expound the virtues of the old ways.

But, by the way the poll is going, mine is but a voice of reasoning crying in the wilderness of golf camoflauge . . . . .
    Any n00b would have to be pretty obtuse to misinterpret our ridiculing about GI or SGI clubs. I really doubt there will be any confusion on this point. This isn't shiat talk.

We do our good deed often by suggesting to new players or players who want to up their game by going with non GI clubs, either a blade or player's cavity.
    WitB 2010:

Other clubs:

I like the term game hinderer. Doesn't improve anything at all. I went from sgi mailboxes to players cb. I found the my swing sucked I leave my face open a lil bit. With the gi I prolly would have thought my swing was still decent. Once you play this game it will more than likely be with you the rest of your lives. Don't lie to yourself that long fix whatever is wrong and you'll enjoy the game that much more.
    SILLY FA$&!?S BLUE/WHITE TEES ARE FOR B$&@?z

BAGGING
    45" srixon zrw stiff
    3&5 wood srixon zsteel reg
    3-pw srixon i701 project x rifle 5.5
    52 & 58 srixon wg 706 wedges nippon 1080
    mizuno bettanardi putter
    lamkin crossline
    tm tp red

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    POS Shovel Chopper Paddles or POSSCP. Otherwise known as Callaway.
    Except the X Protoypes HB

Carry on

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutter
    We do our good deed often by suggesting to new players or players who want to up their game by going with non GI clubs, either a blade or player's cavity.
    Spoken by the guy with the faggoty perimeter weighted clubs (which are GR banned, by the way.) Sorry Cutter, but the only iron that is not gay is a blade, and of course the Maxfli Fires.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Your all a bunch of posers and wannabes. WTF happens to your ego when a guy with a set of GI shovels in a burlap bag out plays ya? It aint what ya got in da bag numb nuts.....its what you got for game that really counts....nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Spoken by the guy with the faggoty perimeter weighted clubs (which are GR banned, by the way.) Sorry Cutter, but the only iron that is not gay is a blade, and of course the Maxfli Fires.
    GR banned, all the more reason to play them. Since we all have our PGA Tour card.
    WitB 2010:

Other clubs:

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    any iron that is NOT a Mizuno Grain Flow Forged Muscleback Blade shall henceforth be referred to as a SOD-LAYING CAST POS MASS-PRODUCED IN CHINA GAY CAMP FREDDY OVERSIZED CHOPPER SHOVEL.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    any iron that is NOT a Mizuno Grain Flow Forged Muscleback Blade shall henceforth be referred to as a SOD-LAYING CAST POS MASS-PRODUCED IN CHINA GAY CAMP FREDDY OVERSIZED CHOPPER SHOVEL.
    Ok so from 6-PW I'm Ok but where does that leave my 3-5 irons? I'm sure they're still GFF?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Ok so from 6-PW I'm Ok but where does that leave my 3-5 irons? I'm sure they're still GFF?
    Forget it Kiwi, BJ is on a roll at the moment.

I am GFF, although i accept it is the diet coke version.

Edgey

GI irons should be termed Li irons or learning impairment irons.
    Golf is a difficult game as we all know. It is challenge to learn to be a good ball striker. This is where the enjoyment in golf lies; in doing the work and getting the results.
    Striking pure shots at the pin with a butter soft blade or blade-like players cavity is a joy only regularly enjoyed by those who are prepared not to take the easy way out. Those players who take on this challenge understand what the game is all about for serious golfers. It is about persisting with something that is not easy and having the satisfaction that success brings. Nothing worth achieving comes easily, and there is no such thing as a shortcut.
    Ditch those ugly, crass Li irons and rise to the challenge of becoming a great ballstriker.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I think anyone bagging GI/SGI/GD/LI irons should simply just be called mr Wong, anytime they post you should just say " hey Wong what's with all those CHOPSTIX"

No offense intended to anyone on here who is actually called Wong especially if your bagging Nike slingshots, or anyone bagging actual chopsticks.

Continue..

Are these worthy? I've definitely had to learn to hit em...

http://valueguide.pga.com/images/Ben...x_edge_med.jpg

I don't know if these are considered GI, SGI, LI, or what but they're pretty nice looking

Not bad mr wong...

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    your 3-5 irons are SOD-LAYING CAST POS MASS-PRODUCED IN CHINA GAY CAMP FREDDY OVERSIZED CHOPPER SHOVELS. they should be carried in a separate bag.

glad i could be of assistance kiwi.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    your 3-5 irons are SOD-LAYING CAST POS MASS-PRODUCED IN CHINA GAY CAMP FREDDY OVERSIZED CHOPPER SHOVELS. they should be carried in a separate bag.

glad i could be of assistance kiwi.
    Sorry BJ but they aint cast old pal, whichever way you cut it.

Edgey

GH = Grandpa's Hoes

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Sorry BJ but they aint cast old pal, whichever way you cut it.

Edgey
    I'm actually loving the MP-30 4 & 5 irons. I think I have pured the 5 iron more often than any other iron in the bag. Of the MP-33's the 7 & 8 iron are probably the two that I have been hitting the best.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Golf is a difficult game as we all know. It is challenge to learn to be a good ball striker. This is where the enjoyment in golf lies; in doing the work and getting the results.
    Striking pure shots at the pin with a butter soft blade or blade-like players cavity is a joy only regularly enjoyed by those who are prepared not to take the easy way out. Those players who take on this challenge understand what the game is all about for serious golfers. It is about persisting with something that is not easy and having the satisfaction that success brings. Nothing worth achieving comes easily, and there is no such thing as a shortcut.
    Ditch those ugly, crass Li irons and rise to the challenge of becoming a great ballstriker.
    Oldplayer we missed your wisdom.

LI gets my vote as a replacement term for GI irons.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    This speech made me want to change my religion . . . . .

Thread Information