|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Reshafting Gff

Reshafting Gff

OK so I have my chopper GFF MX-200's with the Dynalite Gold XP R300 shafts. I was fitted at "reputable" fitters with the launch monitor and all the tech crap and was told I'm a standard off the rack kinda guy. My swing speed is slower than most, 85 mph average with a 6i with an average of 160-165 carry.
    So with all this talk I hear of Project X, Rifle and the other shafts should I consider any thing else? I mean should I take this guys opinion as gospel?
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

85 mph is not slower than most on a 6i. It's only slower than most if you hit that 6i with a Dynalite Gold.

Strange, 85 mph carries about 175 yards for 6-iron.

Yes. You should listen to your guy, unless his name tag is engraved with 'Larry.SF'.

What were the statistics on your smash factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    85 mph is not slower than most on a 6i. It's only slower than most if you hit that 6i with a Dynalite Gold.

Strange, 85 mph carries about 175 yards for 6-iron.

Yes. You should listen to your guy, unless his name tag is engraved with 'Larry.SF'.

What were the statistics on your smash factor?
    It may have been a tad bit slower than 85. Maybe around 82 I don't recall for sure. And yes my 6i will carry around 170 - 175 when I flush it. I said 160-165 taking into consideration of the hack factor.
    In reference to the Dynalite Gold. Was that just a standard GR dig or was there something more to that?
    I don't remember the smash factor....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    It may have been a tad bit slower than 85. Maybe around 82 I don't recall for sure. And yes my 6i will carry around 170 - 175 when I flush it. I said 160-165 taking into consideration of the hack factor.
    In reference to the Dynalite Gold. Was that just a standard GR dig or was there something more to that?
    I don't remember the smash factor....
    Dynalites help you swing much much much faster, since they're well, Dyna-Light.

The proof is in the pudding too Noshuz. Do you hit those babies well? Do they feel good when you flush em? If so why even consider screwing around with the shaft? At your level you are better off working on your swing & consistency than trying to muck around with your equipment. When you are ready to upgrade irons then try and demo different shafts but unless you have a shaft that is too much for you (i.e. too stiff and it doesn't sound like yours is) I think the difference is going to be negligible.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Gotcha boys! No I'm not one to rush into anything like that. Besides, these babys feel GREAT! I'm getting more a consistent, repeatable swing as of late and able to take it to the course.
    Thanks for the input!
    team obnoxious

On the little information you have given us your current shafts sound a good fit for you. Are you over forty? Do you have a relatively smooth transition from the top of the back swing? If so, a lighter weight, regular steel shaft would be ok. If you were fitted properly and the guy wasn't an idiot I would trust his findings.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    On the little information you have given us your current shafts sound a good fit for you. Are you over forty? Do you have a relatively smooth transition from the top of the back swing? If so, a lighter weight, regular steel shaft would be ok. If you were fitted properly and the guy wasn't an idiot I would trust his findings.
    Yep OP, 48 and counting! And I'm not quick on tempo. The only reason I bring this all up was because some of you guys have some pretty heated discussions about them and also I started thinking the guy sold them to me maybe because it was their brand to push or something. They really are working for me. Just last weekend I was out 167 yards (according to my GPS) to an elevated green, flushed a nice smooth 6i and put my ball mark 12 inches from the hole. Those are the ones you remember!
    team obnoxious

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Yep OP, 48 and counting! And I'm not quick on tempo. The only reason I bring this all up was because some of you guys have some pretty heated discussions about them and also I started thinking the guy sold them to me maybe because it was their brand to push or something. They really are working for me. Just last weekend I was out 167 yards (according to my GPS) to an elevated green, flushed a nice smooth 6i and put my ball mark 12 inches from the hole. Those are the ones you remember!
    Well that says it all really. You put a good swing on a 6 iron and it pitched 12 inches from the hole. 167 yards for me would be long for a 6 iron. I would be very pleased with that result. Do a quick search for average driving distances and the like. Although nowhere near an exact science the numbers they give are a lot lower than you think.

Thread Information