|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Walk or Ride

Walk or Ride

I know this has probably been talked about before my time here but I don’t give a shite.
    So what is it? Walk or ride? I don’t mean carry or cart. And how does it effect your game?
    Me, I would rather walk over riding for the exercise alone however depending on the terrain, I find what little fatigue I get hits me around 13 or 14 and it definitely takes away from my game. When I ride is when I shoot my best scores for obvious reasons but I would still rather walk it.
    What about you boyz??
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I know this has probably been talked about before my time here but I don’t give a shite.
    So what is it? Walk or ride? I don’t mean carry or cart. And how does it effect your game?
    Me, I would rather walk over riding for the exercise alone however depending on the terrain, I find what little fatigue I get hits me around 13 or 14 and it definitely takes away from my game. When I ride is when I shoot my best scores for obvious reasons but I would still rather walk it.
    What about you boyz??
    I walk 99.9% of the time. I much prefer to walk for the exercise and I get in a better rhythm for my golf too. The only time I use carts is at resort courses where carts are compulsory, or it's convenient to save time or the course is set up for carts with cart paths everywhere and long distances between tees.

I would NEVER use a cart at my home course.

Occasionally I have had the best of both worlds where I have put my clubs on a cart and walked. I found that to be great as got the rhythm and exercise that I like from walking but didn't get the fatigue factor that I also sometimes encounter around the 14-15th hole from carrying my clubs. Especially if it is a slow round and there is a lot of waiting.

But in general I walk nearly 100% of the time.

At my course I have nothing against the old guys that ride but I also see a lot of lazy, overweight, young pricks that could definitely use the exercise.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I exercise at the gym. I go to the course to play golf. I'm a cart man.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

At my course I have nothing against the old guys that ride but I also see a lot of lazy, overweight, young pricks that could definitely use the exercise.

Ya the course I practice at once a week is a itty bitty 9 hole par 27 course with longest hole being 200 yards and I see what at least appear to be perfectly healthy younger guys (under 40) riding in a freeking cart!
    I can't believe it. If you have a freekin pulse and 2 legs that work I would say walk for christ sake! No wonder half of Americans are obese!
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

I take a caddie whenever they are available. I basically have 2 types of rounds. Weekend rounds where I've got 4+ hours budgeted, or after work rounds where I'm flying around the course in as little time as possible.
    Weekend walker, weekday carter. Except when carts are on the path, then I'll walk no matter what. It also depends on the course. There are quite a few that I would never take a cart.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Similar to Kiwi. I walk almost 100% of the time. I enjoy the game more when I walk and it's the way the game is meant to be played. I don't score any better walking or riding but my work used to require me to walk for 10 hours a day in all terrain and in any weather. Walking for 4 to 5 hours is easy.

Mostly I walk because I hate waiting. If I'm in a cart I spend more time sitting on the tee, or in the fairway waiting for the group in front of me. I also find that I get stiff from sitting too long. If I walk I wait less and I swing better.

Walk, unless I'm in a course where to take a cart ( and pay a rental fee ) is necessary.

It's nice to walk, simply do not like the cart. I would not say walking on course is exercise - it doesn't tire you out. The constant movement keeps me limber, and walking takesless time than a cart, in fact.

I don't know if I agree on the time statement. If the course is wide open and your playing alone or with one other person than carts are fast. This is especially true if you both can play and aren't looking for lost balls every other hole.

I think the slowest is mixing the two where one group rides and the next walks. The two types of play don't mix very well.

Thread Information