|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: CG-15 Wedges

CG-15 Wedges

Anyone try these yet? I thought the ZIP grooves were illegal next year? These also have the laser milled face. It looks like you could take the cover right off the bal with them...
    Last edited by noshuz; 11-29-2009 at 06:57 PM.
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Anyone try these yet? I thought the ZIP grooves were illegal next year? These also have the laser milled face. It looks like you could take the cover right off the ball them...
    Is there a regulation on the milling on the face ? I own a PRIDE Pro wedge which has very deep-cut millings, and I get unwanted excessive spin from it.

By the way it looks darn similar to the CG12's, kind of reminds me of TaylorMade.

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Anyone try these yet? I thought the ZIP grooves were illegal next year? These also have the laser milled face. It looks like you could take the cover right off the ball them...
    These are good until 2015. That's why Cleveland called them the CG15. You see, as long as you indicate a year on the wedge you are automatically grandfathered until that year expires. I'm going to wait until the CG20 comes out so that I can keep it for 7 or 8 years. I just hope they come out with it in the next few years.

With an average golf score that can't seem to escape the low 80's and a member of a muni golf course in Oklahoma, I guess I am not going to be one of the few golfers that is going to worry about what kind of golf grooves I will be using in events next season. I'm pretty sure the local golf scrambles will not give a shite . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

A good wedge is too soft to last 7 or 8 years. I play about once a week and have to replace my wedges every year.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimusGolf
    A good wedge is too soft to last 7 or 8 years. I play about once a week and have to replace my wedges every year.
    Wah...replace it every year!!! my wadges can sustain for almost 3 years hehe...

That was weird....I have the cg14 56* wedge and the Cleveland Tour Action 60* wedge and I love them both...I haven't tried too many different wedges in my professional golf career so I'm not the best source but I definitely like these clubs

Companies have to stop making non-conforming grooves as of the end of 2010. Thus, you'll not see a more spinning wedge out of Cleveland unless the groove rule gets removed.. Which won't be any time soon.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Thread Information