|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Golf/putt Hit

Golf/putt Hit

I was hit on the head by a golf ball when walking across an open park about 28 years ago. Until very recently I had no recollection of what had happened at all, with the exception that there was one person (my boyfriend at that me) that I could not remember. Even although he arrived on my doorstep, phoned me and tried to get me to speak to him. Although I had seen him socially on odd occasion over the years, every time I saw him, it was like seeing a stranger all over again, I could not place him at all. On one occasion I did think I knew him from somewhere then thought he was probably just someone that hung around the same group of people and that perhaps I recognised him from there. Over the past few months my memory has started to come back, I can remember every detail of what happened after I was hit by the ball (well for at least the next 20 mins) I had complete loss of memory, I couldn't remember his name, my name, or where I lived, I was sick and although he took me to the hospital I wouldn't go in as ny mother had died in hospital in suspicious circumstances a few years earlier. I have a vague recollection of another hospital, but am unsure and will have to try and check out what happened with med records I fear I may have been in a coma for a short time, but have no recollection of it. I am wondering if anyone else has had a memory loss much the same after being hit by a ball and I am thinking that open parks should have notices up warning of golf/putting and people should be advised to wear hardhats.

Quote Originally Posted by melrose
    I was hit on the head by a golf ball when walking across an open park about 28 years ago. Until very recently I had no recollection of what had happened at all, with the exception that there was one person (my boyfriend at that me) that I could not remember. Even although he arrived on my doorstep, phoned me and tried to get me to speak to him. Although I had seen him socially on odd occasion over the years, every time I saw him, it was like seeing a stranger all over again, I could not place him at all. On one occasion I did think I knew him from somewhere then thought he was probably just someone that hung around the same group of people and that perhaps I recognised him from there. Over the past few months my memory has started to come back, I can remember every detail of what happened after I was hit by the ball (well for at least the next 20 mins) I had complete loss of memory, I couldn't remember his name, my name, or where I lived, I was sick and although he took me to the hospital I wouldn't go in as ny mother had died in hospital in suspicious circumstances a few years earlier. I have a vague recollection of another hospital, but am unsure and will have to try and check out what happened with med records I fear I may have been in a coma for a short time, but have no recollection of it. I am wondering if anyone else has had a memory loss much the same after being hit by a ball and I am thinking that open parks should have notices up warning of golf/putting and people should be advised to wear hardhats.
    I saw a guy get hit in the head with a ball and knocked him out, most golf courses do have some signs around saying danger keep out but mainly it's an open area for dog walker, bikers, commuters, baby walkers, joggers, pick up football games...etc..i have seen it all at my course, one hole has a gathering of people from the neighborhood with their dogs right before sunset every night and every night they move out of the way only slightly begging for an errant shot to hook their way! It's up to you to stay clear when entering a golf ZONE!!! and stfu!
    DJ

Another nice alias, Spanky. I salute you . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

it's called a concussion...it can lead to temporary short term memory loss...what you're remembering now about the event is not likely to be accurate this long after the fact, but a formation of memory based on what others have told you happened.

Well, essentially the spirit of the phrase is that you can hit the ball long and straight down the fairway, and it will look impressive. If you are playing for money, however, it is a fact that a poor short game will leave your wallet a whole lot lighter.
    Thanks and keep it up.
    [NO URLs IN SIG PLEASE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Millington
    Well, essentially the spirit of the phrase is that you can hit the ball long and straight down the fairway, and it will look impressive. If you are playing for money, however, it is a fact that a poor short game will leave your wallet a whole lot lighter.
    Thanks and keep it up.
    That's what she said........
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

If you think that's amazing, listen to this:

I was on the 5th hole at our club and all of a sudden an L-1011 jumbo jet crash landed on the fairway. I was lining up a shot and was so focused I didn't hear the plane approaching or the screams of my playing partners to get out of the way. Unfortunately before I knew it the plane landed virtually right on top of me. There's no way of describing the pain of having an L-1011 land on top of you.

Well, I was completely pinned by the fuselage and boy those things are heavy! As I was laying there the plane burst into flames. I thought I was done for.

Just then, one of my playing partners came running over and yelled: Wally, I'm going to save you! My name isn't Wally so I don't know why he always calls me that, but I guess that's kind of beside the point. He grabs his hybrid (not a fairway wood replacement) out of his bag, wedges it underneath the aircraft, lifts it up using the hybrid as a lever and pulls me to safety.

Unfortunately everyone on the plane perished but for me it was a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German

I was on the 5th hole at our club and all of a sudden an L-1011 jumbo jet crash landed on the fairway. I was lining up a shot and was so focused I didn't hear the plane approaching or the screams of my playing partners to get out of the way. Unfortunately before I knew it the plane landed virtually right on top of me. There's no way of describing the pain of having an L-1011 land on top of you.

Well, I was completely pinned by the fuselage and boy those things are heavy! As I was laying there the plane burst into flames. I thought I was done for.

Just then, one of my playing partners came running over and yelled: Wally, I'm going to save you! My name isn't Wally so I don't know why he always calls me that, but I guess that's kind of beside the point. He grabs his hybrid (not a fairway wood replacement) out of his bag, wedges it underneath the aircraft, lifts it up using the hybrid as a lever and pulls me to safety.

Moral is, always carry a rescue club.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German

Great Story NAG! Where ya been? My guess it was a stiff shaft hybrid. No regular flex shaft could possibly lift a L-1011
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

To this day I believe the reason so many died was because there weren't enough rescue clubs available. So excellent point, Edgey.

I've been back out on the course, NS, all healed up. Almost good as new. I think I'd player better with a little less weight. I've either got to eat less or crap more.

Thread Information