|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The PGA needs a new hero

I vote for John Daly. Only the big man can save the day and capture the admiration of fans with one beer can tee off at a time.
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutter
    I vote for John Daly. Only the big man can save the day and capture the admiration of fans with one beer can tee off at a time.
    David Duval winning a major next year, he is playing in the first 3 of the year...
    DJ

Duval winning a major would be one of the best comeback stories in game ever.
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

JD for President!
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutter
    Duval winning a major would be one of the best comeback stories in game ever.
    or John Daly!
    DJ

Surprised nobody has thought of this, what about John Daly?

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    Surprised nobody has thought of this, what about John Daly?
    What? For a comeback story or for President? I think I remember Larry saying something about supporting JD....Ya that's right! He said something about ousting Obama and getting a straight shooter in there like Daly.....Izint that rite Larree?
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Only trouble is no one can recognize Daly any more. Big John Daly after losing more than 50 kilos has now become rather medium John. The beer-swilling, don't care how I look, bad boy persona seems like it's gone.
    He is playing in OZ right now and seems a different guy. He even said he is trying to improve his game after his lay-off and practicing his short game. Unbelievable.....
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Only trouble is no one can recognize Daly any more. Big John Daly after losing more than 50 kilos has now become rather medium John. The beer-swilling, don't care how I look, bad boy persona seems like it's gone.
    He is playing in OZ right now and seems a different guy. He even said he is trying to improve his game after his lay-off and practicing his short game. Unbelievable.....
    That's great. Now he can take the throne as world no.1 / no.2 once Tiger kills himself, and JD starts winning a few tournaments and maybe a Major next year.

Speaking of Majors, I hope to see Yang or TW (Tom Watson) win another major next year.

GO TOM WATSON ! ~~~

Word is the people in the golf world were all aware of Tiger's screwing around. The players knew. The caddies knew.

THE MEDIA KNEW. TIGER's MANAGEMENT COMPANY KNEW. I'd bet his sponsors knew to one degree or another.

If I was Elin, the more I learn the madder I'd get. So many people that looked her in the face every day with smiles were aware of what her husband was up to.

Furthermore, I'd bet $100 that the people who knew Jesper Parnevik and knew about Tiger's playtimes were deliberately keeping it from Jesper as well, for the same reason. Parnevik obviously just learned of this when the rest of us did.

So, the Golf Channel has all these serious analytical shows where the hosts are sad for Elin, for the families, so sad, but golf goes on, and the truth is they ALL KNEW what Tiger was up to for YEARS. You think Rich or Brandel didn't know these things, hanging out with players night after night at hotels on tour stops?

I don't know how many heroes are left in that world. Jesper still gets my vote. Stood up for the girl, said he wouldn't change any of his words about Tiger. No respect left.

Jesper gets my vote.

Except, um, he can't play anymore. :-(
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer

A couple of years ago, who would ever have thought Tiger and John Daly would be trading places in almost a sequel to the movie by that name? Soon Tiger will be living in a trailer, drinking all day, feeling tits in public and walking off courses while a svelte JD becomes the world no. 1, living in the big house with Elin.

The transition is almost complete. Look for Randolph and Mortimer to surface at some point to handle Elin's divorce negotiations.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Word is the people in the golf world were all aware of Tiger's screwing around. The players knew. The caddies knew.

THE MEDIA KNEW. TIGER's MANAGEMENT COMPANY KNEW. I'd bet his sponsors knew to one degree or another.

If I was Elin, the more I learn the madder I'd get. So many people that looked her in the face every day with smiles were aware of what her husband was up to.

Furthermore, I'd bet $100 that the people who knew Jesper Parnevik and knew about Tiger's playtimes were deliberately keeping it from Jesper as well, for the same reason. Parnevik obviously just learned of this when the rest of us did.

So, the Golf Channel has all these serious analytical shows where the hosts are sad for Elin, for the families, so sad, but golf goes on, and the truth is they ALL KNEW what Tiger was up to for YEARS. You think Rich or Brandel didn't know these things, hanging out with players night after night at hotels on tour stops?

I don't know how many heroes are left in that world. Jesper still gets my vote. Stood up for the girl, said he wouldn't change any of his words about Tiger. No respect left.

Jesper gets my vote.

Except, um, he can't play anymore. :-(
    That was just beautiful, the story lines coming into next season are going to be so juicy, yeah the golf channel and the tour have a lot of religious parties their, it's a bit nose in the air it seems? They cut jokes occasionally but a lot of suits
    DJ

i think david duval would be an excellent role model for the sport right now... he used to be criticized for not showing emotion... but i mean lets look at him for a second, he has completely lost his swing but do you see him denying people interview, do you see him swearing and thowing clubs, do you hear about him treating fans badly... no... i think the sport needs DD right now... he has shown some signs of being able to hold it together maybe over the off season the spark will light back up in him again and he'll be back next year... i hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    A couple of years ago, who would ever have thought Tiger and John Daly would be trading places in almost a sequel to the movie by that name? Soon Tiger will be living in a trailer, drinking all day, feeling tits in public and walking off courses while a svelte JD becomes the world no. 1, living in the big house with Elin.

The transition is almost complete. Look for Randolph and Mortimer to surface at some point to handle Elin's divorce negotiations.
    Ahhhhhh sweet irony! Lovely post!

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc

I was discussing tis exact situation with another golf nut in the office this morning. I'm just not sure which transformation is mroe disturbing.

The rest of GR will have to trust me on this; JD the god is no more. In his place is a boring shadow of the man we used to know and love. IMO his status as all mighty golfing diety of GR is suspended indefinitely.

If you are looking for a new hero I can only throw up Charley Hoffman or Boo Weekley, or maybe Anthony Kim if the rumours are true. And as we know anyone who is dissed by Allenby in the media has to be a great role model. Tiger may also actually make the transformation from begrudgngly respected world number 1 and blade player to true GR god.

In regard to John daly, I would ask that all the religious ones amongst us pray for his soul.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 12-08-2009 at 05:26 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Anthony Kim is a party animal. He is also one of Tiger's friends. Could there be a connection? I think so.

Anthony Kim has never apologized for his lifestyle. He parties at night and plays golf during the day. He is our new GR mascot.

Close the thread.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Anthony Kim is a party animal. He is also one of Tiger's friends. Could there be a connection? I think so.

Anthony Kim has never apologized for his lifestyle. He parties at night and plays golf during the day. He is our new GR mascot.

Close the thread.
    Yes, A.Kim is a party animal, but it does not mean that there is a connection... I would not be surprised that Steve Williams knows everything, but he can't step up and pull his boss' stick out ... Maybe Steve had some fun, too

Close the thread.
    You present a compelling argument.

Seconded.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Close the thread.
    I also forgot to add the fact that he use to play golf for the University of Oklahoma in Norman, OK only a 15 minute drive from my house. I emphasize SHORT time because after seeing the kids skills and having got on him several times for his "partying" habits, his coach encouraged him to join the Tour before he got kicked out of the University . . . .

If I were Tiger, I will keep playing and stick to 'I play to win' objective. My cap will have another printing, 'durex'.

Let's have a moment of silence in mourning the passing of a fallen hero . . . . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Let's have a moment of silence in mourning the passing of a fallen hero . . . . . . .
    The pictures tell the story. I can't barely reconcile the slim looking guy on the right with our former hero. He's even stooped to wearing a Ryan Moore style hat. What was wrong with the full flowing mullet flapping in the breeze John?

Perosnally I can't believe how selfish he has become. Sure, his new size and lifestyle may be beneficial to his health, and may even add another 20 years or so to is life, but did he for one moment think about us at GR? Did he think for a moment about the ramifications his transformation would have on his flock? GR is now a church without a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    The pictures tell the story. I can't barely reconcile the slim looking guy on the right with our former hero. He's even stooped to wearing a Ryan Moore style hat. What was wrong with the full flowing mullet flapping in the breeze John?

Perosnally I can't believe how selfish he has become. Sure, his new size and lifestyle may be beneficial to his health, and may even add another 20 years or so to is life, but did he for one moment think about us at GR? Did he think for a moment about the ramifications his transformation would have on his flock? GR is now a church without a god.
    Forcing others to look at those pants just so he can make a little scratch proves just how selfish he is.
    GR lives...

Thread Information