|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

mizuno/nike blades

Currently looking into getting a new set of irons (blades) . Am asking what most of you would recommend. Have hit mizuno mp-68 and nike vic red blades and like the feel of both but would like to hit titleist ap2. Just wanting some feedback to help me decide which one to go with. Thx)
    Last edited by riddle326; 12-11-2009 at 01:18 PM.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

was really hoping for a little feedback. Does no one have an honest opinon on which one to go with barring bans and such?

Not even a decision

Do not even consider it...go to your MIzuno fitter and get the 68's. The Nike Blades are not nearly the club for several reasons. First of all, they do not have the buttery feel of the Mizuno. They are just not easy to hit and do not inspire confidence at address (IMHO). The Nikes are forged but it is not the same club that Tiger and many of the tour pros use. They utilize the forging expertise of Miura who does all of the tour pro's. The Nikes are not nearly as eas to hit, either.

If you are looking for a comparable blade, then look to try the Nickent ARC blades which can be purchased for a prayer on Ebay or the new Adams blades. The Nikes are not even in my top 10.....

Try them all out and play what works for your game. This board is fanatical about mizuno and will not produce a unbiased opinion. Blades are players clubs so your already ahead of the game.

Have you ever tried to hit a golf ball with a stick of Parkay. Yeah I know buttery soft.

G H D
    When I'm in the shower
    I'm afraid to wash my hair
    'Cause I might open my eyes
    And find someone standing there
    People say I'm crazy
    Just a little touched
    But maybe showers remind me
    Of Psycho too much
    That's why

(I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)
    And I have no privacy
    Whooooa, oh-oh
    (I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)

Do you want to buy new and be fitted, or buy used and possibly be retro fitted?
    As has already been said there are great buys on ebay and some older model blades can be great value for money and also better quality than much of what is available new now.
    A lot of OEM forging has moved to Chinese and Thai factories and it is questionable if the quality is as good as before that happened.
    Of course you can pay big money and buy blades from high end Japanese club makers. They are top shelf.
    Some examples of quality older blades available cheap on ebay are: Titleist 690mb, Bridgstone TourStage x blades, Mizuno mp 29's or 14's. Original Taylormade rac's. There are plenty really.
    BTW AP2's could not be considered a blade by any stretch of the imagination.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I have the Nike blades and they're great clubs. I have used Mizunos in the past and they're very good too. I think you have a nice dilemma here as there isn't really a wrong answer. I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think the Nikes look like they have a thinner topline and less offset, so they're more of a player's club than the Mizzys. And I haven't found any issue at all with forgiveness. They're blades, so you're going to know about it if you hit it wrong, but if you hit it right, the feel is outstanding and performance is very strong. Whichever way you go, I'm sure you'll be pleased with your choice.

AP2s are shovels numb nuts. If you want a serious response pose a serious question, don't try to flame by calling AP2s blades. If you were being serious and just didn't know the difference, Mizuno are the best OEM blades you can get. I've seen the MP68s and they are top notch. I would assume they are still forged in Japan, but can't be sure. If you want guaranteed Japanese forgings, OP is the guru so listen to what he tells you.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    AP2s are shovels numb nuts. If you want a serious response pose a serious question, don't try to flame by calling AP2s blades. If you were being serious and just didn't know the difference, Mizuno are the best OEM blades you can get. I've seen the MP68s and they are top notch. I would assume they are still forged in Japan, but can't be sure. If you want guaranteed Japanese forgings, OP is the guru so listen to what he tells you.

Agree completely. OP is an expert on everything but anal sex.
    GR lives...

yes was aware of ap2 not being a blade. They didnt have any to hit so didnt know how what they were like. Hit the mp-58 and nike split cavity also but think i perfer the blades so far. I did notice the nike blades seemed much heavier than the mp-68. Sorry didnt mean ruffle any feathers. will try and dot me eyes and cross me tee's. thx for the feedback all
    Last edited by riddle326; 12-12-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle326
    Currently looking into getting a new set of irons (blades) . Am asking what most of you would recommend. Have hit mizuno mp-68 and nike vic red blades and like the feel of both but would like to hit titleist ap2. Just wanting some feedback to help me decide which one to go with. Thx)
    I've been playing the Ping S59 irons and have noticed more accuracy and better chipping than with my former Ping Eye 2 irons. Of course they aren't a pure blade like the Mizunos but I think they feel great and probably have a slight degree of more forgiveness. Mizuno makes great irons and they feel better than any other blade I've hit but they start looking old pretty quickly. Wilson FG-17's are great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Mizuno makes great irons and they feel better than any other blade I've hit but they start looking old pretty quickly.
    Start looking old quickly ... Is it because of rust ?

Oh heavens!!!

Tiger dropped 18 points and Phil Mickelson has a higher approval rating right now? WTF??? What about John Daly?

Link: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...0K8LMDWSJKvpdO

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Oh heavens!!!

Tiger dropped 18 points and Phil Mickelson has a higher approval rating right now? WTF??? What about John Daly?

Link: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...0K8LMDWSJKvpdO
    I'd guess Bobby Jones and Byron Nelson are relatively free of scandals, at least lately.....
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I can't believe Phil 'the prick' Mickelson could usurp Tiger's approval rating.

Forget about John Daly. What about a real good ol boy like Boo?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I can't believe Phil 'the prick' Mickelson could usurp Tiger's approval rating.

Forget about John Daly. What about a real good ol boy like Boo?
    The Tour could definitely profit from the insurgence of Boo winning some tournaments.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    The Tour could definitely profit from the insurgence of Boo winning some tournaments.
    I think Boo is the last open, honest, what you see is what you get, tour pro left out there. He is quite frankly too dim witted to be fake. He is a man of the people and has more personality than the rest of the tour put together (he absolutely steals the show in the Srixon ad). His signature moment of riding his driver down the fairway in a Ryder Cup is one of my favourite non(old)JD golfing moments.

At the same time, NAH, the Tour could use some more lively banter from our man, Bubba Watson. If it takes Bubba being paired up with Steve Elkington more often in tournaments to bring out the poetic inner soul of this man, than who are we to suppress artistic originality? It's good for the Tour . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    At the same time, NAH, the Tour could use some more lively banter from our man, Bubba Watson. If it takes Bubba being paired up with Steve Elkington more often in tournaments to bring out the poetic inner soul of this man, than who are we to suppress artistic originality? It's good for the Tour . . . . .
    Agreed the tour could do with alot more of Bubba. Just the name says it all. Bubba and Boo also absolutely kill the ball, which is a vital ingredient of all golfing heroes. Nobody with any integrity whatsoever could ever look up to a short knocker. Like Corey Pavin for example.

I've hit the 68's and VR Forged. The 68's I wasn't a big fan of personally. I didn't like the feel or the results I was getting. I liked the 67's much much more. I hit them much better.

VR Forged won the blades contest that day. I was hitting them consistently better and farther. More height, spin, distance, and accuracy.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Agreed the tour could do with alot more of Bubba. Just the name says it all. Bubba and Boo also absolutely kill the ball, which is a vital ingredient of all golfing heroes. Nobody with any integrity whatsoever could ever look up to a short knocker. Like Corey Pavin for example.
    He's not GR's hero.

He's Larry's hero.

Reasons being :

- He is old.

- He uses, according to Larry, graphite shafts.

- He is a short-knocker.

MOST IMPORTANTLY :

- He is not a African-American, AKA a N*gger (By Larry), but a good-old-clean-and-honest-whitey.

Whereas Larry is my hero, due to his absolutely fantastic wit and comebacks, political satire, and just being an overall humourous person / entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    I've hit the 68's and VR Forged. The 68's I wasn't a big fan of personally. I didn't like the feel or the results I was getting. I liked the 67's much much more. I hit them much better.
    I quite like the 68's, but I still love the 67's sitting near my bed in terms of performance. It has a 2-iron with its set, something which is lovely. I currently use a fake 2-iron, which is a bent and extended 3-iron from the 68's. But I cannot, I repeat, CANNOT resist a Black-Nickel finish iron. Even that Black Pearl CG Tour irons.

Muscleback + BLACK FINISH ( OMG ! ) = Male orgasm.

Muscleback + BLACK FINISH ( OMG ! ) + Mizuno GFF Magic = Male orgasm. ( with G-spot stimulated. Refer to other post. )

However, I alternate the irons. I also use a PING S57 I got fitted for.

Well I got new MP-68's with project x 6.0 for christmas. Woot . havent got to try them on course and wont be able to till snow is gone, but they look quite nice. Have swung in house. They feel nice and light and cant wait to try them on course. Gonna be a long 3 months( . Am also getting the mp-t 10 gap and sand wedges. I believe i will be able to strike the ball well enough to keep them.

Just got the 68's over the Nike TW Blades, better feel and playability! Replaced the 3 iron with a nickent hybrid. The TW's seemed very demanding and Mizuno is the best when it comes to forging

Quote Originally Posted by zooko
    Just got the 68's over the Nike TW Blades, better feel and playability! Replaced the 3 iron with a nickent hybrid. The TW's seemed very demanding and Mizuno is the best when it comes to forging

Tell us something we don't know already . . . . .

Thread Information