|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Graphite shovels, good enough for Daly, good enough for me!

Hi

As has been demonstrated else where big JD (GR legend) is now playing Ping Eye 2 Wedges with graphite shafts.

I now play Callaway Fusion Wide Sole irons with graphite shafts. If its good enough for a legend like big JD to play POS CAST OS SGI GRAPHITE SHAFTED SHOVELS its good enough for me.

I await the usual but would say Merry Xmas and f uck you all

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Hi

As has been demonstrated else where big JD (GR legend) is now playing Ping Eye 2 Wedges with graphite shafts.

I now play Callaway Fusion Wide Sole irons with graphite shafts. If its good enough for a legend like big JD to play POS CAST OS SGI GRAPHITE SHAFTED SHOVELS its good enough for me.

Edgey
    Here's some new golf shuz to go with those shovels.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clown.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	2294
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Hi

Edgey
    Is Tiger now a GR legend, now that he has screwed with a series of women ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    Is Tiger now a GR legend, now that he has screwed with a series of women ?
    No. His well documented "sweep it under the rug" type tactics has eliminated him from "legend" status. The way he called one of his mistresses and tried to get her to delete her number off her text messages made him sound like the spineless amoeba that he is. Now, his decision to go "hide out" until the shite passes over is nothing short of wussy status.

Edgey, JD is no longer a GR legend. Try to keep up to pace with what has been happening around here ole chap.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    No. His well documented "sweep it under the rug" type tactics has eliminated him from "legend" status. The way he called one of his mistresses and tried to get her to delete her number off her text messages made him sound like the spineless amoeba that he is. Now, his decision to go "hide out" until the shite passes over is nothing short of wussy status.

Edgey, JD is no longer a GR legend. Try to keep up to pace with what has been happening around here ole chap.
    pardon my noobiness but why is JD no longer a GR legend? It seems to me his golf skills coupled with his rock star lifestyle would make him a permanent hero

How and when was that decided? He is and will always be a GR legend, full stop.

GO JD!!!!!!!!!!

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    pardon my noobiness but why is JD no longer a GR legend? It seems to me his golf skills coupled with his rock star lifestyle would make him a permanent hero
    He is, dont worry about Sooner, he's camper than Camp Freddy on a camping holiday.

Edgey

He is, dont worry about Sooner, he's camper than Camp Freddy on a camping holiday.

Edgey
    While I would not be fond of Camp Freddy's sexual preference, the fact that he golfs with Mizuno blades makes his reputation above board with me.

Now, it has been well documented over the past couple of weeks that JD has lost weight, is no longer smoking, has had no reported divorce proceedings in the last year, there have been no naked hooters seen with him, and he is now wearing some gay arse fashion clothes in tournaments that would make Ian Poulter blush!! On top of this, he has hung up the MP-67s and is now hitting PING SHOVELS!!

JD has lost legend status here. Sorry. Now carry on.

While I would not be fond of Camp Freddy's sexual preference, the fact that he golfs with Mizuno blades makes his reputation above board with me.

Now, it has been well documented over the past couple of weeks that JD has lost weight, is no longer smoking, has had no reported divorce proceedings in the last year, there have been no naked hooters seen with him, and he is now wearing some gay arse fashion clothes in tournaments that would make Ian Poulter blush!! On top of this, he has hung up the MP-67s and is now hitting PING SHOVELS!!

JD has lost legend status here. Sorry. Now carry on.
    There you go again Sooner, mistaking your opinion for fact. JD's legendry status has been cemented over many years and is now beyond questioning by mere mortals like you.

NOW you can carry on

Edgey

HAH has been the propagator and keeper of JD legend status on GR and he has officially stated that JD is gone!
    Please do your research and brush up on his posts of recent days. With encouragement from Lorenzo he has slightly left the door ajar in case JD comes to his senses. He has given him a 3 month period of grace,(to get over the new woman) then it is all over.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    HAH has been the propagator and keeper of JD legend status on GR and he has officially stated that JD is gone!
    Please do your research and brush up on his posts of recent days. With encouragement from Lorenzo he has slightly left the door ajar in case JD comes to his senses. He has given him a 3 month period of grace,(to get over the new woman) then it is all over.
    This is indeed true. In the extended periods of absence of BJ I have held the torch for JD, but his shortcomings since losing weight and hooking up with a domineering b!tch have become too serious to ignore. He still smokes, but the rest of what Sooner said is true, plus he has got rid of his magnificent blonde flowing mullet, which was his styling centrepiece and the signature of a true cracker. He has been i Oz for about a month and during that time has calmly gone about making two cuts down here with no walking off the course, no tossing his putter into dams, no attacking fans and smashing their cameras, and no traditional JD behaviour whatsoever. His GR god status has officially been suspended pending further observation. In his absence the names Horffman, Kim, Woods, Bubba and Boo have been thrown up as replacements. Personally I think it impossible for only one golfer to embody all of JD's greatness so there will probably be a group of players for GR members to look up to as heroes and role models (I'm assuming Sooner will not include Tiger).
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

NAH

Lets get this clear, YOU cannot decide that JD is no longer a GR God.

Make it a Poll and then we will have a binding decision.

Edgey

PS I PROMISE you will lose it

NAH

Lets get this clear, YOU cannot decide that JD is no longer a GR God.

Make it a Poll and then we will have a binding decision.

Edgey

PS I PROMISE you will lose it
    I'm with Edgey.

JD's status is secured by what has gone before. Nothing he does now or in the future will ever diminish his status as a bona fide GR Legend.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hi

Edgey
    Edgey... I thought that you play with Callaway 2002 BB and old Mizuno 33 or 25 , now you play Fusion Wide Sole irons as well ? which one(s) is better for you?

This is just another Fat Shaft episode for NAH. He'll come to his senses. You have to understand, NAH is a whole lot more crestfallen Daly isn't behaving like a jerk than disappointed Tiger is.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Edgey... I thought that you play with Callaway 2002 BB and old Mizuno 33 or 25 , now you play Fusion Wide Sole irons as well ? which one(s) is better for you?
    Hi

I have been using BB 2002 for the last couple of rounds. Previously i was using the MX 25 which were very good. I have also used a set of borrowed Fusion Wide Soles.

I have gone back to Callaway as i think i had lost my way a little. My game is built around the principle of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). The MX were excellent but not as forgiving as the BB 2002, which in turn are not as forgiving as the Fusion Wide Sole.

I have therefore returned to hitting the easiest irons i can which are the Wide Soles. Golf is about getting the small ball in the hole in the least amount of shots. All else is bollocks and the Fusions make it easier.

Edgey

Hi

I have been using BB 2002 for the last couple of rounds. Previously i was using the MX 25 which were very good. I have also used a set of borrowed Fusion Wide Soles.

I have gone back to Callaway as i think i had lost my way a little. My game is built around the principle of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). The MX were excellent but not as forgiving as the BB 2002, which in turn are not as forgiving as the Fusion Wide Sole.

I have therefore returned to hitting the easiest irons i can which are the Wide Soles. Golf is about getting the small ball in the hole in the least amount of shots. All else is bollocks and the Fusions make it easier.

Edgey
    Irrelevant to the issue, KISS makes terrible music, spare for a few.

Not as bad as today's N*gger raps, hopeless crooning, etc etc, however.

There is only one character, albeit fictional, that is worthy of the mantle. I name none other then Al Czervik of Caddyshack fame.

For real life golfers, it would be hard to find someone in the same league as JD, who is always one bottle of Jack away from regaining true form. The closest I can think of is the triad of Angel Cabrera, Bubba Watson and Boo Weekley. And they still do not match up. Bless JD, he is so close where he is only one bender away from golfing heroics.
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

Hi

Edgey
    Edgey, I had no idea how dire your predicament really was. The only reason you struggle with your ballstriking is you have only terrible shovels to choose from. The total brainwashing that makes you think shovels are good for your game is a fallacy. Your delusion has to be smashed. Think of this as an intervention.
    Moving from BB's with graphite shafts to Fusion widesoles is about as low as a decent player can get. I've seen your handicap and some of your low rounds. You are a decent player! I don't know why you are doing this to yourself. Is it a pathological self hate issue? Shovels will never help a decent players game. It is a myth perpatrated largely by Callaway. For gods sake, I implore you, get some decent clubs and go and play.
    SHOVELS DON'T HELP. THEY JUST MAKE THINGS WORSE.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Edgey, I had no idea how dire your predicament really was. The only reason you struggle with your ballstriking is you have only terrible shovels to choose from. The total brainwashing that makes you think shovels are good for your game is a fallacy. Your delusion has to be smashed. Think of this as an intervention.
    Moving from BB's with graphite shafts to Fusion widesoles is about as low as a decent player can get. I've seen your handicap and some of your low rounds. You are a decent player! I don't know why you are doing this to yourself. Is it a pathological self hate issue? Shovels will never help a decent players game. It is a myth perpatrated largely by Callaway. For gods sake, I implore you, get some decent clubs and go and play.
    SHOVELS DON'T HELP. THEY JUST MAKE THINGS WORSE.
    Sorry OP but your post is nonsense

I have not the slightest interest in ball striking or playing a decent "players" game (whatever that may be)

I have one interest in my golf equipment, will it help me shoot the lowest score i can. I dont need to be a good ball striker to do that i just need to get the ball into the hole in the least amount of shots. If blades would do that i would play them. They dont and never have.

Your argument is straight out of the Omen top drawer of golfing arguments "its more important how than what you score" Rubbish!! My handicap and my average score this year have won me the following

May Medal
    November Medal
    Runner up most consistant average score over the year
    Runner up winter match play singles

Handicap now 9 (and thats a UK 9 not a dodgy Liarry type 9)

I have used Callaway BB nearly all year and even my time with Mizuno was with the MX range. Shovels always and CAST OS SGI POS most of the time. My results speak for themselves and have been achieved WITHOUT PRACTICE OR A DIVORCE AND A HAVING A NEW BABY!

Sorry OP but i dont see your argument stands up to intelligent scrutiny, but then again this is GR so maybe it doesnt need to.

Edgey

I have not the slightest interest in ball striking or playing a decent "players" game (whatever that may be)

I have one interest in my golf equipment, will it help me shoot the lowest score i can. I dont need to be a good ball striker to do that i just need to get the ball into the hole in the least amount of shots. If blades would do that i would play them. They dont and never have.

Your argument is straight out of the Omen top drawer of golfing arguments "its more important how than what you score" Rubbish!! My handicap and my average score this year have won me the following

May Medal
    November Medal

I have used Callaway BB nearly all year and even my time with Mizuno was with the MX range. Shovels always and CAST OS SGI POS most of the time. My results speak for themselves and have been achieved WITHOUT PRACTICE OR A DIVORCE AND A HAVING A NEW BABY!

Sorry OP but i dont see your argument stands up to intelligent scrutiny, but then again this is GR so maybe it doesnt need to.

Edgey
    I must say ol chap, your intestinal fortitude is unparalleled.....
    Name:  rabbit ears and acordian on tiolet.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  5.4 KB
    Last edited by noshuz; 12-15-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I must say ol chap, your intestinal is unparalleled.....
    Name:  rabbit ears and acordian on tiolet.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  5.4 KB
    I dont know what this means but i will take it as a compliment. Thankyou

Edgey

I dont know what this means but i will take it as a compliment. Thankyou

Edgey
    Left the "fortitude" out! my bad...........
    team obnoxious

Left the "fortitude" out! my bad...........
    Still take it as a compliment

Edgey

Still take it as a compliment

Edgey
    Take it how you want my friend! Good luck with the shovels....
    Name:  Chopper shovel.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  26.2 KB
    team obnoxious

Take it how you want my friend! Good luck with the shovels....
    Name:  Chopper shovel.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  26.2 KB
    Hey, if John Daly has been wise enough to switch to graphite shaft irons with OS cavity back heads, I love it--and it validates what I have been telling you guys. He has swing speed in the 160 MPH Tiger range-- and could hit a 1i 275 yards if he wanted to whack it.

Just the beginning, guys. In a few years ALL club shafts will be graphite--as all driver and 3w shafts are now. Metal shafts will be museum pieces.

Larry

May Medal
    November Medal

Edgey
    Thanks for your reply edgey. My post was semi-serious. I never said you should be playing blades. What I was postulating is that playing shovels can actually be bad for your ball striking.
    You said you had lost your way a little so had made the move to even more forgiving clubs. This is what I was responding to. If you can't hit the ball with any consitency with Big Berthas then you have not "lost your way" because the set you are playing are not forgiving enough. It is for other reasons. I believe firmly that a single figure player will be more consistent in the long term with a properly fitted set of clubs with normally sized heads, not to much offset or too much weight down low. A club of more traditional design gives the response and performance that a better player needs to hone their ballstriking to hit more GIR, which is what good scoring is all about. Practice when playing less forgiving clubs is helpful but it is not essential for the sort of benefit I am talking about.
    Shovels in general are for higher handicappers so they can get the ball airbourne and limit the damage on less than good swings. At your level you should be aiming for more than that out of a set. That is why I stand by what I said. In the long term shovels WILL NOT improve the game of a decent player.

Irrelevant to the issue, KISS makes terrible music, spare for a few.

Not as bad as today's N*gger raps, hopeless crooning, etc etc, however.
    Best Kiss songs: Shout it out loud, Detroit Rock City and Beth.

May Medal
    November Medal

Edgey
    I agree. I think most of the "blade" talk is really limited to golf forums. I rarely play with anyone that talks about equipment with the exception of the Titleist diehards. The only thing I have found is that when a club gets too oversized (X-12's, etc) it seems like I actually lose distance even though the lofts are stronger. Could be the shafts. I've never heard anyone speak highly of another player based on the clubs he uses. Score is what matters, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I agree. I think most of the "blade" talk is really limited to golf forums. I rarely play with anyone that talks about equipment with the exception of the Titleist diehards. The only thing I have found is that when a club gets too oversized (X-12's, etc) it seems like I actually lose distance even though the lofts are stronger. Could be the shafts. I've never heard anyone speak highly of another player based on the clubs he uses. Score is what matters, obviously.
    On of the best posts you have ever made FD, and the truest.

I have NEVER played with anyone who gives a flying f uck what i play with. They, like most club golfers play with whatever suits them and by suits i mean that they can shoot their lowest scores.

The ONLY people who give a s hit post on GR, which equates (without alter egos) to about 20

Edgey

Thanks for your reply edgey. My post was semi-serious. I never said you should be playing blades. What I was postulating is that playing shovels can actually be bad for your ball striking.
    You said you had lost your way a little so had made the move to even more forgiving clubs. This is what I was responding to. If you can't hit the ball with any consitency with Big Berthas then you have not "lost your way" because the set you are playing are not forgiving enough. It is for other reasons. I believe firmly that a single figure player will be more consistent in the long term with a properly fitted set of clubs with normally sized heads, not to much offset or too much weight down low. A club of more traditional design gives the response and performance that a better player needs to hone their ballstriking to hit more GIR, which is what good scoring is all about. Practice when playing less forgiving clubs is helpful but it is not essential for the sort of benefit I am talking about.
    Shovels in general are for higher handicappers so they can get the ball airbourne and limit the damage on less than good swings. At your level you should be aiming for more than that out of a set. That is why I stand by what I said. In the long term shovels WILL NOT improve the game of a decent player.
    WHY, why should i be aiming to get ANYTHING out of a set of clubs more than my lowest scores. What a load of pretencious nonsense.

As i said elsewhere NO ONE i play with gives 2 f ucks what i play with, and i dont know anyone who does (except here of course)

If you can shoot your lowest scores with a set of MP33 irons c/w Rifle 7.0 shafts good for you and keep doing it. If you shoot your best scores with Callaway Wide Soles c/w Graphite shafts good for you and keep doing it. Everything else is GR bollocks.

One of the best golfers at our club (handicap +2) plays with Callaway X22 irons with regular uniflex shafts and no one tells him he should use different clubs.

Carry on

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    Hey, if John Daly has been wise enough to switch to graphite shaft irons with OS cavity back heads, I love it--and it validates what I have been telling you guys. He has swing speed in the 160 MPH Tiger range-- and could hit a 1i 275 yards if he wanted to whack it.

Just the beginning, guys. In a few years ALL club shafts will be graphite--as all driver and 3w shafts are now. Metal shafts will be museum pieces.

Larry
    Tiger Wood's driver swing speed = 130-135 with driver.

Larry, are you serious with that post ? Seems like you don't know enough.

You only look at John Daly, for using graphite shafts. Do you even know what flex, torque, it is ?

Like your political WAFFLE, you should look at other examples.

Answer this : Why do professionals use steel shafts in their irons ?

WHY, why should i be aiming to get ANYTHING out of a set of clubs more than my lowest scores. What a load of pretencious nonsense.

As i said elsewhere NO ONE i play with gives 2 f ucks what i play with, and i dont know anyone who does (except here of course)

If you can shoot your lowest scores with a set of MP33 irons c/w Rifle 7.0 shafts good for you and keep doing it. If you shoot your best scores with Callaway Wide Soles c/w Graphite shafts good for you and keep doing it. Everything else is GR bollocks.

One of the best golfers at our club (handicap +2) plays with Callaway X22 irons with regular uniflex shafts and no one tells him he should use different clubs.

Carry on

Edgey
    I still don't think you get my point. In fact I am like everyone else and don't care what you play. My assertion is that shovels do no good for a good players game. How do you know you shoot your'e best scores with shovels? Sure you have used other clubs, but for how long, and with what attitude. Everyones game evolves with time and hopefully gets better. Have you seriously tried all options in recent times to see if you can lower your cap? Just because one +2 marker you know uses X22's that dosen't prove your point.
    I'm not looking for an argurment Edgey, just a debate. So far you have described my opinions as nonsense and bollocks. That's fine, but have you actually considered disproving them by trying it seriously for yourself? I have had a good go at the shovels and my opinion is based on my experience and observation of others.

I still don't think you get my point. In fact I am like everyone else and don't care what you play. My assertion is that shovels do no good for a good players game. How do you know you shoot your'e best scores with shovels? Sure you have used other clubs, but for how long, and with what attitude. Everyones game evolves with time and hopefully gets better. Have you seriously tried all options in recent times to see if you can lower your cap? Just because one +2 marker you know uses X22's that dosen't prove your point.
    I'm not looking for an argurment Edgey, just a debate. So far you have described my opinions as nonsense and bollocks. That's fine, but have you actually considered disproving them by trying it seriously for yourself? I have had a good go at the shovels and my opinion is based on my experience and observation of others.
    "Attitude". If you're playing blades and continue to hit them poorly what attitude are you suggesting? The attitude that suggests that "I'm going to keep playing these blades until I hit them well"? If I am playing a cavity back and hitting most of the greens why would I want to play a blade? I've seen many guys go from "shovels" to blades and get poor results. Bottom line is that most pros are now playing some form of cavity back, especially in the long irons.

Graphite shovels, good enough for Larry, good enough for me!

Edgey you got the title of the thread all wrong.

Go back and correct it as above. We all know that Larry has been advocating Graphite shovels long before Big JD started bagging them. You can't credit JD for this when he has only just made the switch. All the credit and respect you are lauding on JD should be redirected to the true GR Legend & Graphite shovel advocate Larryrsf.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Edgey you got the title of the thread all wrong.

Go back and correct it as above. We all know that Larry has been advocating Graphite shovels long before Big JD started bagging them. You can't credit JD for this when he has only just made the switch. All the credit and respect you are lauding on JD should be redirected to the true GR Legend & Graphite shovel advocate Larryrsf.
    As always the Kiwis speak sense whilst the ockers spout bollocks

Edgey

"Attitude". If you're playing blades and continue to hit them poorly what attitude are you suggesting? The attitude that suggests that "I'm going to keep playing these blades until I hit them well"? If I am playing a cavity back and hitting most of the greens why would I want to play a blade? I've seen many guys go from "shovels" to blades and get poor results. Bottom line is that most pros are now playing some form of cavity back, especially in the long irons.
    I never said blades Famous. If you had read the thread properly you would have seen that. Right at the outset I stated I was not talking about blades in reference to edgey. Those players cavities you mention that pro's play are exactly the sort of club I AM talking about.

I still don't think you get my point. In fact I am like everyone else and don't care what you play. My assertion is that shovels do no good for a good players game.
    I accept you hold a view, i just dont agree. Lee Westwood has played Ping shovels for years and is one of the finest played in the world. They dont seem to have harmed his game so where does that leave your assertion

How do you know you shoot your'e best scores with shovels? Sure you have used other clubs, but for how long, and with what attitude. Everyones game evolves with time and hopefully gets better. Have you seriously tried all options in recent times to see if you can lower your cap?
    I have played with all types of irons inc MP33, 67, 52, 57 and Miura blades. I REALLY wanted the Miuras to work and tried hard, to the point of practice. I am afraid the effort needed would NEVER justify what little gains i might make. My handicap isnt held back by iron play, its held back by driving (accuracy and distance) and poor chipping/putting. I suspect that most people in my position have the same issues, if you want to be really low either be blessed with talent (i aint) or work hard (i cant). Why lose a wife and children by making my irons that are great harder, thus needing to waste time on practice?

Just because one +2 marker you know uses X22's that dosen't prove your point
    It proves that you can play CAST OS POS SGI SHOVELS and achieve great results, but then i have demonstrated that with Lee Westwood already

I have described your views as nonsense and bollocks because i have tried many times to prove that you are right. Despite my best efforts i have only proved that you are wrong, FOR ME and i suspect the vast majority of club golfers.

Edgey

Just curious ol' bean. Did it hurt when you had your testicles removed?.....
    team obnoxious

I'm a golfer that played several brands of GI Shovels for 15 years, but it was not until I went to the MP-52s and eventually the MP-67s that my game went from the low 90s to the low 80s. Sorry, but no one is convincing me that GI shovels help you to score better. I have experienced different.

I accept you hold a view, i just dont agree. Lee Westwood has played Ping shovels for years and is one of the finest played in the world. They dont seem to have harmed his game so where does that leave your assertion

I have played with all types of irons inc MP33, 67, 52, 57 and Miura blades. I REALLY wanted the Miuras to work and tried hard, to the point of practice. I am afraid the effort needed would NEVER justify what little gains i might make. My handicap isnt held back by iron play, its held back by driving (accuracy and distance) and poor chipping/putting. I suspect that most people in my position have the same issues, if you want to be really low either be blessed with talent (i aint) or work hard (i cant). Why lose a wife and children by making my irons that are great harder, thus needing to waste time on practice?

It proves that you can play CAST OS POS SGI SHOVELS and achieve great results, but then i have demonstrated that with Lee Westwood already

I have described your views as nonsense and bollocks because i have tried many times to prove that you are right. Despite my best efforts i have only proved that you are wrong, FOR ME and i suspect the vast majority of club golfers.

Edgey

Edgey, I don't know about Westwood, but Daly definitely golfed with blades for most of his professional career and likely grew up on them. In fact, I would bet that over 90% of all the professionals honed their swing on blades. Many of the professionals that are playing "cavity backs" are playing the "player cavity backs." The point is, many of these guys had a swing that they had honed through the use of blades and players clubs WAY before they decided to start playing the shovels. A lot of amateurs could definitely follow the same route and get better, but the OEMs are telling them that all they need to do is just buy the shovels and it will automatically improve their game. THAT is BOLLOCKS, my English friend.

Edgey, I don't know about Westwood, but Daly definitely golfed with blades for most of his professional career and likely grew up on them. In fact, I would bet that over 90% of all the professionals honed their swing on blades. Many of the professionals that are playing "cavity backs" are playing the "player cavity backs." The point is, many of these guys had a swing that they had honed through the use of blades and players clubs WAY before they decided to start playing the shovels. A lot of amateurs could definitely follow the same route and get better, but the OEMs are telling them that all they need to do is just buy the shovels and it will automatically improve their game. THAT is BOLLOCKS, my English friend.
    Sooner

I have taken the liberty of highlighting the most relevant word in your post. I have never been, are now or ever will be a professional.

It aint the OEM that are telling me anything, my scores tell me that my game is better with Callaways.

That ISNT bollocks my American friend

Edgey

I think all this thread is proving is that the old 'blades v cavity backs' debate has been replaced by the 'players clubs v GI shovels' argument.

Whilst I am currently playing a mixed setup of players cavity backs and blades I think the reality is that a half decent golfer, with a half decent swing who knows how to get around a golf course and score can play well with either. I am currently loving my blades and have shot my best scores this season with them but I'm sure if I put shovels back in the bag the difference in scoring would be negligible. Shovels obviously suit some golfers (Edgey) and others prefer blades (SoonerBS). Some couldn't give a flying f.uck what clubs they play (but that doesn't include the regulars here on GR, especially a ho like you Edgey) and don't even know the difference between a shovel and a 'players' club. They just buy the latest and greatest GI clubs available in the hope of some kind of scoring break through. This seems to upset the purists like Oldplayer.

On my recent golf trip (where I played like absolute shite BTW) the guy that won it was playing Mizuno MP-37's (he came dead last previous year) and the runner up (last years winner) was playing Taylormade CGB Max and had two hybrids. Not sure what that proves?

Now where the f#ck am I?

On my recent golf trip (where I played like absolute shite BTW) the guy that won it was playing Mizuno MP-37's (he came dead last previous year) and the runner up (last years winner) was playing Taylormade CGB Max and had two hybrids. Not sure what that proves?

Seems like it proves OP's point.
    GR lives...

Some couldn't give a flying f.uck what clubs they play (but that doesn't include the regulars here on GR, especially a ho like you Edgey) and don't even know the difference between a shovel and a 'players' club. They just buy the latest and greatest GI clubs available in the hope of some kind of scoring break through. This seems to upset the purists like Oldplayer.
    OBJECTION M'LUD!!

I am a club ho, BUT i dont give a f uck what anyone plays so long as the person is happy.

Carry on

Edgey

OBJECTION M'LUD!!

I am a club ho, BUT i dont give a f uck what anyone plays so long as the person is happy.

Carry on

Edgey

But in this country, it's generally recognized that most people don't know what would really make them happy, so it's up to the others to make sure they make the right choices. Simple math.
    GR lives...

I never said blades Famous. If you had read the thread properly you would have seen that. Right at the outset I stated I was not talking about blades in reference to edgey. Those players cavities you mention that pro's play are exactly the sort of club I AM talking about.
    OP, is there any difference, performance and feel-wise, between the Mizuno MP-33, MP-37, MP-68 ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Lee Westwoods club of choice I believe is the standard i/3's. I would hardly call them shovels.

OP, is there any difference, performance and feel-wise, between the Mizuno MP-33, MP-37, MP-68 ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Haven't hit the 68's yet so I can't comment on those. 37's and 33's are different though.33's have a longer more forgiving face and seem to hit the ball higher than the 37's. This is probably because the 37's have a higher muscle position which tends to give a mid-flight. 37's are more compact which lends itself to being able to work the ball with more subtle changes in set-up. As far as feel goes, with the same shaft in them they are not easily separated, but if I had to pick one I would say the 37's feel more solid out of the sweetspot.

Haven't hit the 68's yet so I can't comment on those. 37's and 33's are different though.33's have a longer more forgiving face and seem to hit the ball higher than the 37's. This is probably because the 37's have a higher muscle position which tends to give a mid-flight. 37's are more compact which lends itself to being able to work the ball with more subtle changes in set-up. As far as feel goes, with the same shaft in them they are not easily separated, but if I had to pick one I would say the 37's feel more solid out of the sweetspot.
    I want to get a set of irons which hit the ball as low as possible.

Which irons do you think fits this description ?

Go with a traditional blade (higher muscle position) with a very stiff heavy shaft. DGX fit the bill but I believe you have already tried those. An example of lower ballflight heads would be titleist 681, hogan apex, cleveland 588 or most of the older models like the 80's titleist tour models. The lowest launching blade I have hit is the earlier maxfli australian blades.

All you have to do is start looking up off the ball before contact and you'll scull the shot. That is about as low a shot as you can hit and you can hit it with just about any iron you want to play.

You're welcome for the advice.

I think all this thread is proving is that the old 'blades v cavity backs' debate has been replaced by the 'players clubs v GI shovels' argument.

Whilst I am currently playing a mixed setup of players cavity backs and blades I think the reality is that a half decent golfer, with a half decent swing who knows how to get around a golf course and score can play well with either. I am currently loving my blades and have shot my best scores this season with them but I'm sure if I put shovels back in the bag the difference in scoring would be negligible. Shovels obviously suit some golfers (Edgey) and others prefer blades (SoonerBS). Some couldn't give a flying f.uck what clubs they play (but that doesn't include the regulars here on GR, especially a ho like you Edgey) and don't even know the difference between a shovel and a 'players' club. They just buy the latest and greatest GI clubs available in the hope of some kind of scoring break through. This seems to upset the purists like Oldplayer.

Nobody has mentioned forged vs. cast in here or is that what Players vs. GI shovel is?...I play a set of what you might consider "players cavity backs" in the Hogan forged Apex Edge, and they are much more straight and true and workable than any OEM SGI shovel I have hit and i've hit many.

My thought is that one should try to at least be able to hit players clubs well, then one can play ANY club well. This is because a players club will accentuate any flaw in your swing...once you can get rid of those flaws then you can play whatever club works best for you. But if one LEARNS to play golf on an SGI POS cast shovel, then it will mask their flaws, never allowing them to take their game to the next level. This might be what OP is trying to say. Edgey it sounds like you have a pretty fundamentally sound game, so you should go ahead and play whatever you can shoot your lowest scores with. BUT, if you were just learning how to play (like Larry) I would heed OP's advice and hone your swing on players clubs to work out the flaws, THEN go play those gay a$$ shovels you call golf clubs once you get a sound swing........am I right?

Nobody has mentioned forged vs. cast in here or is that what Players vs. GI shovel is?...I play a set of what you might consider "players cavity backs" in the Hogan forged Apex Edge, and they are much more straight and true and workable than any OEM SGI shovel I have hit and i've hit many.

My thought is that one should try to at least be able to hit players clubs well, then one can play ANY club well. This is because a players club will accentuate any flaw in your swing...once you can get rid of those flaws then you can play whatever club works best for you. But if one LEARNS to play golf on an SGI POS cast shovel, then it will mask their flaws, never allowing them to take their game to the next level. This might be what OP is trying to say. Edgey it sounds like you have a pretty fundamentally sound game, so you should go ahead and play whatever you can shoot your lowest scores with. BUT, if you were just learning how to play (like Larry) I would heed OP's advice and hone your swing on players clubs to work out the flaws, THEN go play those gay a$$ shovels you call golf clubs once you get a sound swing........am I right?
    You're making way too much sense for Edgey and the other shovel users in here, mentaloaf . . . . .

Lee Westwoods club of choice I believe is the standard i/3's. I would hardly call them shovels.
    I think he does use i/3's, which i believe are referred to on GR as CAST POS GI SHOVELS.

Sorry OP but that is a fact

Edgey

Interesting thought, but..........................

If i have a fundamentaly sound swing it was learned on CAST POS SGI SHOVELS. I learned the game on Ping Zing 2 irons, my first clubs.

There goes another theory

Edgey

You're making way too much sense for Edgey and the other shovel users in here, mentaloaf . . . . .
    GR and sense are uncomfortable bedmates Sooner, you should know that,

Edgey

Interesting thought, but..........................

If i have a fundamentaly sound swing it was learned on CAST POS SGI SHOVELS. I learned the game on Ping Zing 2 irons, my first clubs.

There goes another theory

Edgey
    If you have trouble with forged blades then you don't have a fundamentally sound swing and like OP suggests you should play some players irons until you virtually never mis-hit them....then you'll be justified in going back to your CAST WS POS SGI (Flaw Disguising) OEM shovels and I'll bet that you will come out a far better ball striker and an even lower handicap than you are now....So I believe my theory still holds water and it is what OP meant the whole time

Like someone said before, most if not all of the professionals grew up playing traditional blades and that is the reason they are such great ball strikers. Give a blade to someone who grew up on SGI's and they will be f ucked....Give an SGI shovel to someone who grew up on blades and they will strike the sh it out of it all day....That pretty much sums up the argument.

I think he does use i/3's, which i believe are referred to on GR as CAST POS GI SHOVELS.

Sorry OP but that is a fact

Edgey
    If i/3's are considered cast pos gi shovels then what the hell can you call Callaway fusion widesoles?? There HAS do be a differenciation there. i/3's are definately players cavities (not the OS model, they have too much offset) and are still one of the best irons produced by Ping. Made in Arizona to high quality tolerences, even if they are cast.

If i/3's are considered cast pos gi shovels then what the hell can you call Callaway fusion widesoles?? There HAS do be a differenciation there. i/3's are definately players cavities (not the OS model, they have too much offset) and are still one of the best irons produced by Ping. Made in Arizona to high quality tolerences, even if they are cast.
    Oldplayer has said it, therefore it it cannot be refuted, he speaks the Gospel on GR.

You make a good point OP but everyone knows the Ping hating Mizzie crew call anything made by Ping cast SGI POS chopper shovels. There is no point trying to differentiate between the i3 and the G5 for example or between the i3 and Callaway Wide Soles. They all fall under the same classification as cast POS shovels for the GFF blade fanatics.

Now where the f#ck am I?

There you go again OP mixing up facts, common sense and logic with GR dogma.

You havent got the hang of this yet, have you

Edgey

There you go again OP mixing up facts, common sense and logic with GR dogma.

You havent got the hang of this yet, have you

Edgey
    Yes, guilty as charged. I don't know what came over me. Trying to have a reasonable discussion with facts involved. How can I be so misguided!
    Anyway I will try and do better in the future. It seems that even after 1000+ posts I still can't get in the swing of things.
    Put it down to old age I guess.
    Perhaps in my dotage I will even try again to play shovels....NOT!!!!

Yes, guilty as charged. I don't know what came over me. Trying to have a reasonable discussion with facts involved. How can I be so misguided!
    Anyway I will try and do better in the future. It seems that even after 1000+ posts I still can't get in the swing of things.
    Put it down to old age I guess.
    Perhaps in my dotage I will even try again to play shovels....NOT!!!!
    There are a number of problems with "facts" on GR not the least of which is no one cares about them.

On a serious note when it comes to shovels/CB/blades one mans meat is another mans poison.

Edgey

You make a good point OP but everyone knows the Ping hating Mizzie crew call anything made by Ping cast SGI POS chopper shovels. There is no point trying to differentiate between the i3 and the G5 for example or between the i3 and Callaway Wide Soles. They all fall under the same classification as cast POS shovels for the GFF blade fanatics.
    Let me set the record straight. I have been bagging the i3's for awhile now, and I can assure you they are chopper clubs, but at least they aren't very closed faced or offset. The perimeter weight is low and I'm pretty sure these clubs have a higher COR than most irons. With the i3s, what feels like a smooth/easy swing will sail over the greens from time to time. I rarely hit the 67's over the green, but the miss hits tend to come up short of the green....I would say its almost always better to miss a green short than long.

Ping irons that were cast in America are all high quality despite their chopper appearance, but the irons they make now are all POS chopper shovels cast in China.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Let me set the record straight. I have been bagging the i3's for awhile now, and I can assure you they are chopper clubs, but at least they aren't very closed faced or offset. The perimeter weight is low and I'm pretty sure these clubs have a higher COR than most irons. With the i3s, what feels like a smooth/easy swing will sail over the greens from time to time. I rarely hit the 67's over the green, but the miss hits tend to come up short of the green....I would say its almost always better to miss a green short than long.

Ping irons that were cast in America are all high quality despite their chopper appearance, but the irons they make now are all POS chopper shovels cast in China.

I don't know if it's because they are made in China but the last two Ping offerings (G10/i10 and G15/i15) do not have the same feel as older model Pings. They feel the same as a knockoff club....very hard with a "thud" when hit. The older Pings had more of a crisp feel that probably had something to do with the die casting and heat process they used which could be much different than what the factories in China use.

I would like to try a set of MP-67's on the course. I've seen some used sets at GolfGalaxy for as low as $185 but with some chrome loss and wear on the sweet spot. Also, it's hard to know if the lies have been altered. I'll probably give them a try. I tried them on the range and loved them but that doesn't mean much.

If you have trouble with forged blades then you don't have a fundamentally sound swing and like OP suggests you should play some players irons until you virtually never mis-hit them....then you'll be justified in going back to your CAST WS POS SGI (Flaw Disguising) OEM shovels and I'll bet that you will come out a far better ball striker and an even lower handicap than you are now....So I believe my theory still holds water and it is what OP meant the whole time

Like someone said before, most if not all of the professionals grew up playing traditional blades and that is the reason they are such great ball strikers. Give a blade to someone who grew up on SGI's and they will be f ucked....Give an SGI shovel to someone who grew up on blades and they will strike the sh it out of it all day....That pretty much sums up the argument.
    Nice try ML but your argument hasnt been summed up at all.

My swing is fundamentally sound if i can shoot in the 70's consistantly on my course, regardless of the irons i use. The ONLY thing that i need to justify when choosing clubs is my scores. I have no idea what all this nonsense is about ballstriking, if i shoot in the 70's my SCORING is great. I am afraid you have got locked into the how you score not what you score argument that has been spouted on here so often.

I will sum it all up for you.

"GOLF IS ABOUT PUTTING THE LITTLE BALL INTO THE HOLE IN THE LEAST NUMBER OF SHOTS. HOW YOU DO IT (WITHIN THE RULES) IS IRRELEVANT"

Hope that helps

Edgey

I think this thread needs the wisdom only a 5,000 poster possesses, so listen carefuly as I don't wish to repeat myself.

Everything TP, Sooner, OP and ML says about Pings and other OEM shovels is irrefutable GR fact. Everything put forward by Edgey (and to a lesser extent FD) is crap.

To sum up, All Pings are cheap, chinese sweatshop, cast, SGI, CB, POS chopper shovels. Especially the ones used by Westwood, they are as chopper as a golf club could possibly get and seem a perfect fit for a no major, no talent bum like him. The true path to golfing enlightenment is through forged players clubs, and specifically through GFF.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Did you know that Harvey Penick's original title to his book was "And if you play Ping Eye 2's, you are my friend".

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I think this thread needs the wisdom only a 5,000 poster possesses, so listen carefuly as I don't wish to repeat myself.

Everything TP, Sooner, OP and ML says about Pings and other OEM shovels is irrefutable GR fact. Everything put forward by Edgey (and to a lesser extent FD) is crap.

To sum up, All Pings are cheap, chinese sweatshop, cast, SGI, CB, POS chopper shovels. Especially the ones used by Westwood, they are as chopper as a golf club could possibly get and seem a perfect fit for a no major, no talent bum like him. The true path to golfing enlightenment is through forged players clubs, and specifically through GFF.
    Anyway NAH how are those (Non GFF) Powerbilt TPS OS SHOVELS going?

If it helps here is another great Powerbilt product. Maybe you can get one to go with your shite clubs

Merry xmas your ignorant, hypocritical, Ocker twat

Edgey
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Anyway NAH how are those (Non GFF) Powerbilt TPS OS SHOVELS going?

If it helps here is another great Powerbilt product. Maybe you can get one to go with your shite clubs

Merry xmas your ignorant, hypocritical, Ocker twat

Edgey
    So much anger Edgey! It's like the cheating husband coming home and beating his wife out of guilt......
    team obnoxious

I don't know if it's because they are made in China but the last two Ping offerings (G10/i10 and G15/i15) do not have the same feel as older model Pings. They feel the same as a knockoff club....very hard with a "thud" when hit. The older Pings had more of a crisp feel that probably had something to do with the die casting and heat process they used which could be much different than what the factories in China use.

I would like to try a set of MP-67's on the course. I've seen some used sets at GolfGalaxy for as low as $185 but with some chrome loss and wear on the sweet spot. Also, it's hard to know if the lies have been altered. I'll probably give them a try. I tried them on the range and loved them but that doesn't mean much.
    I like the design on the i10s, but the feel was terrible. The G10's are so huge and chopperesque, I would be lost trying to play these...I could never hit the kind of shots I like to play with that massive sole.

You might be a picker if you're used to playing the 2's. Be aware that the 67's have the highest COG of any iron Ive ever hit (even the mp29's). Many people think these clubs are shorter than other clubs, but they aren't. You need a fairly large negative angle of attack to get these irons popping (especially in the short irons)....the same strike with a perimeter weighted club would feel dead and off, but its pure bliss with the 67's....

first you feel the ball smashing against the high sweetspot,
    then you feel the shaft start to give as you're plowing the clubhead into the ground,
    the pressure starts to ease as earth and grass fly into the air,
    then you watch your ball disappear into the distance,
    never forget to hold the finish,
    and enjoy the feel of your iron still calmly vibrating like a tuning fork.
    Last edited by The Purist; 12-18-2009 at 07:33 AM.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Tiger Wood's driver swing speed = 130-135 with driver.

Larry, are you serious with that post ? Seems like you don't know enough.

You only look at John Daly, for using graphite shafts. Do you even know what flex, torque, it is ?

Like your political WAFFLE, you should look at other examples.

Answer this : Why do professionals use steel shafts in their irons ?
    Why do pros overwhelmingly choose steel shafts for their irons?

2 reasons:

1. They can't afford the extra money for the graphite shafts

2. Tiger plays them, so they (lemming-like) do whatever he does, and they simply lack the self confidence to do something different for fear of ridicule

3. They like the artistic and camera appealing variations of color and graphics that steel shafts allow, rather than dull, monochromatic graphite

4. They aren't even aware that graphite shafts can be placed on an iron

5. They are afraid they will be scorned on GR if they play graphite
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I like the design on the i10s, but the feel was terrible. The G10's are so huge and chopperesque, I would be lost trying to play these...I could never hit the kind of shots I like to play with that massive sole.

You might be a picker if you're used to playing the 2's. Be aware that the 67's have the highest COG of any iron Ive ever hit (even the mp29's). Many people think these clubs are shorter than other clubs, but they aren't. You need a fairly large negative angle of attack to get these irons popping (especially in the short irons)....the same strike with a perimeter weighted club would feel dead and off, but its pure bliss with the 67's....

then you feel the shaft start to give as you're plowing the clubhead into the ground,
    then you watch you ball disappear into the distance,
    Nice!

then you watch you ball disappear into the distance,
    I don't think the blade vs. cavity debate will ever end because there really is an point on both sides. I own a set of Wilson FG-17 that I played in high school and I have shot my three lowest scores with them. I've also had terrible rounds with them when I struggled with my swing. I will agree that a blade forces you to hit down on the ball and really focus on making solid contact. Even with the FG-17's weak loft (compared to today's standards. The PW is 50 degrees) I find that when I make pure contact they go as far as anything I've hit. They are also much easier to chip with. That's why I'm currently playing with the S59 irons. They have about the same offset as the FG-17's and actually look pretty similar as far as blade profile when you look down at them. The feel is different of course but I like it.

So much anger Edgey! It's like the cheating husband coming home and beating his wife out of guilt......
    She f ucking deserved it, BIATCH!!!!!

Edgey

She f ucking deserved it, BIATCH!!!!!

Edgey
    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN !
    Hello boys, I'm back ! I just returned from a 4-month long vacation to Socotra Island, with my boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona.G.Michelle
    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN !
    The word "that" is used in the English language for several grammatical purposes:

to introduce a restrictive clause
    as a demonstrative pronoun
    as a complementizer.

Hope that helps Fiona x

Edgey

The word "that" is used in the English language for several grammatical purposes:

to introduce a restrictive clause
    as a demonstrative pronoun
    as a complementizer.

Hope that helps Fiona x

Edgey
    Girls are soooo stoopid!.....
    team obnoxious

Thread Information