|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Titleist vs. Mizuno

Currently playing the Mizuno Mp-68.

Thinking of switching to the Titleist ZM Forged or Titleist MB.

What can the Titleist do that the Mizuno can't?

Also, playing R9 460 TP. Thinking of going to 909 D2.
    What can the D2 do that the R9 can't?
    In the bag;
    (Wedges could change to Titleist Spin Milled fairly soon)

Woods; Taylormade R9 460 TP driver and woods. (Motore F1 X-Stiff shafts)
    Blades; Mizuno Mp-68 irons(DG S300)
    Wedges; Mizuno MP T10 White Satin wedges
    Putter; Scotty Cameron Squareback No.1
    Ball; Taylormade Penta TP, Titleist Pro V1x(Ball selection differs depending on how I feel. Haha.)

Lot's more p.ussy my friend. We're talking lot's more.
    GR lives...

Interesting........ But I would like to try and keep this somewhat serious.
    In the bag;

Ball; Taylormade Penta TP, Titleist Pro V1x(Ball selection differs depending on how I feel. Haha.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenudo_Segador
    Currently playing the Mizuno Mp-68.

Thinking of switching to the Titleist ZM Forged or Titleist MB.

What can the Titleist do that the Mizuno can't?

Also, playing R9 460 TP. Thinking of going to 909 D2.
    What can the D2 do that the R9 can't?

I have hit the Titleist ZM and the Mizuno MP-67 side by side and they have different look and feel. I think the Titleist feels a little heavier which may suit some players. I thought the Mizuno Mp-67 is the best forging I've ever tried. It's also the best looking. I like the look of the MP-32 and MP-67 better than the MP-14, 29 and 33. I've been playing with the Ping S59 for about two months now and love it and haven't noticed any difference in difficulty hitting them over the Ping Eye 2 that I've played for 20 years. I'm only mentioning that because the MP-67 is starting to call my name.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I have hit the Titleist ZM and the Mizuno MP-67 side by side and they have different look and feel. I think the Titleist feels a little heavier which may suit some players. I thought the Mizuno Mp-67 is the best forging I've ever tried. It's also the best looking. I like the look of the MP-32 and MP-67 better than the MP-14, 29 and 33. I've been playing with the Ping S59 for about two months now and love it and haven't noticed any difference in difficulty hitting them over the Ping Eye 2 that I've played for 20 years. I'm only mentioning that because the MP-67 is starting to call my name.
    Did the Titleist have a 'bad' feel? or just different?
    And what about backspin and ballspeed and overall distance? Same? Higher, lower?
    I have a dislocated finger so I can't actually go out and figure it out myself.
    How did the Titleist compare to the 68? I prefer them over the 67s.
    In the bag;

Nice call, Omen . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Nice call, Omen . . . . .
    Sooner, I realize you think I am this person named Omen and I know that nothing I say will prevent you from continuing to think that. I do enjoy your smiley faces, especially the one eating popcorn and then the cartoon character taking a dump. Anyway, bite me.

Sooner, I realize you think I am this person named Omen and I know that nothing I say will prevent you from continuing to think that. I do enjoy your smiley faces, especially the one eating popcorn and then the cartoon character taking a dump. Anyway, bite me.

Thank you, and respectively, phuck off . . . .

Thank you, and respectively, phuck off . . . .
    Thank you very little

I haven't played the latest models but I have played both the Titleist 695mb and the mp67's, which i would imagine a very similar to the current models. I don't think there is a lot to seperate them. I think the tittys have a slightly clicky firmer feel than the mizunos. Not sure but it feels as though the 695's have a higher cog which gives them a slightly lower flight. I found the 695's to be a pretty solid iron with a mid-high penetrating flight and good spin; stopped well on the green. I think they are also the slightly more forgiving of the two, the 67's tended to dig a little in soft conditions and thin shots were pretty bad stingers. I rate the 695's a bit more highly in performance but the 67's certainly get the vote in the looks department. My favorite mizunos are still the mp29's.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I haven't played the latest models but I have played both the Titleist 695mb and the mp67's, which i would imagine a very similar to the current models. I don't think there is a lot to seperate them. I think the tittys have a slightly clicky firmer feel than the mizunos. Not sure but it feels as though the 695's have a higher cog which gives them a slightly lower flight. I found the 695's to be a pretty solid iron with a mid-high penetrating flight and good spin; stopped well on the green. I think they are also the slightly more forgiving of the two, the 67's tended to dig a little in soft conditions and thin shots were pretty bad stingers. I rate the 695's a bit more highly in performance but the 67's certainly get the vote in the looks department. My favorite mizunos are still the mp29's.
    I have an old set of mp14s and wonder what all the fuss is about over the newer models.. these are as squishy and sweet as any forged blade I ever hit... in fact I have the 1 iron and it's the first blad 1 iron I've been able to hit in twenty years.. flies high and straight...

not that blades are going in my bag.. need more ball striking consistency... but they are very very nice feeling...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Was the flight with Titleist low enough to make you lose distance?
    In the bag;

You keep talking like this and I'll let you have my baby . . . .

Was the flight with Titleist low enough to make you lose distance?
    No, as I said there wasn't much to seperate them.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

No, as I said there wasn't much to seperate them.
    Alright. Thank you.
    In the bag;

Alright. Thank you.
    No problem, i haven't hit the 68's they look a little more chunky than the 67's. Is that the case? One of the few things i don't like about mizuno blades is to me they are a bit thick in the topline. even Titleist 695's are the same. I like looking at the old fashion Wilson profile at set-up, just gives me the feel of a crisp strike. The TourStages i am playing now are very good in that area. They have the best profile of any club I have played and butter soft feel as well. Softest forging I have hit, and i have hit a few. The only ones that come close are the older Macgregor blades.

No problem, i haven't hit the 68's they look a little more chunky than the 67's. Is that the case? One of the few things i don't like about mizuno blades is to me they are a bit thick in the topline. even Titleist 695's are the same. I like looking at the old fashion Wilson profile at set-up, just gives me the feel of a crisp strike. The TourStages i am playing now are very good in that area. They have the best profile of any club I have played and butter soft feel as well. Softest forging I have hit, and i have hit a few. The only ones that come close are the older Macgregor blades.

Not at all. In fact, IMO the 68s are the exact same thing as the 33s except they have modern technology. The 68s do have that undesired thick top line, but I got used to it after about a week. The 68s glide through every type of turf with extreme ease. Fairway bunkers especially became much easier to navigate out of. Mizuno has a great thing in the 68s.

Here is my personal opinion of the best Mizuno irons.;

Best; 33s
    68s
    67s
    37s
    14s
    32s

You just can't go wrong with Mizuno. But my head wants Titleist.
    Last edited by Cenudo_Segador; 01-02-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    In the bag;

I have never hit a Titless iron so I don't know, but I am not too impressed with Mizuno iron that I hit (borrowed from my friend).. OK , go ahead and say that I am not gơơd enough for Mizuno, but the objective is very clear: get to the hole with the lowest number of strokes, That's why I stay with Callaway X-16 and Callaway 2002 BB

I know people that hate Mizuno and are extremely good golfers. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you aren't good enough for it.
    Tiger plays Nike.
    I refuse to play with people that use Nike.
    Does that mean I'm not good enough for Nike? Hell no. Lol.
    In the bag;

I didnt think you could compare the two. Mizuno is always the best Forging of Yesteryear. And then Hogan forgings.
    EveryThing You Need To Know About The Game.

I have hit a demo MP67 and IMO a shot out of the sweet spot was as good it gets. I've hit Titleist blades before and I think they are just a little harder than izuno. I know my old T-Zoid Pro IIs don't qualify as 'blades', but they were without doubt the best feeling cliubs I've ever owned, and if was just a little more consistent ball striker they would still be in the bag. So in summary, I'd say that I couldn't possibly imagine the Titleist being good enough to be seriously mentioned in the same sentence as Mizuno. One thing I will add is that the Mizuno's I've hit and liked all have DG S300 shafts in them. I think it is important to only use DG shafts in Mizuno GFF as they seem to be a perfect fit.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I have hit a demo MP67 and IMO a shot out of the sweet spot was as good it gets. I've hit Titleist blades before and I think they are just a little harder than izuno. I know my old T-Zoid Pro IIs don't qualify as 'blades', but they were without doubt the best feeling cliubs I've ever owned, and if was just a little more consistent ball striker they would still be in the bag. So in summary, I'd say that I couldn't possibly imagine the Titleist being good enough to be seriously mentioned in the same sentence as Mizuno. One thing I will add is that the Mizuno's I've hit and liked all have DG S300 shafts in them. I think it is important to only use DG shafts in Mizuno GFF as they seem to be a perfect fit.
    The DGS300 is actually the shaft fitted to me, so I would have to agree no matter what brand. Haha.
    In the bag;

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I have never hit a Titless iron so I don't know, but I am not too impressed with Mizuno iron that I hit (borrowed from my friend).. OK , go ahead and say that I am not gơơd enough for Mizuno, but the objective is very clear: get to the hole with the lowest number of strokes, That's why I stay with Callaway X-16 and Callaway 2002 BB
    Don't the 2002 BB's go straight up in the air for you? Man, I tried those for fun and the PW went 80 yards forward but about 100 yards up in the air.

The DGS300 is actually the shaft fitted to me, so I would have to agree no matter what brand. Haha.
    And this is coming from a guy who Knows nothing about equipment but yet he has his fantasy bag as his signature. And knows what shaft is for him. I would get rich off this fellow in stroke and match play. with the rental clubs at the course. And I wouldnt care if they where R300s or L200s .
    EveryThing You Need To Know About The Game.

Don't the 2002 BB's go straight up in the air for you? Man, I tried those for fun and the PW went 80 yards forward but about 100 yards up in the air.
    I guess we all have different swings and that's why there are different clubs... I play 2002 BB as well as X-16 and it's all about filling the gap. Guys/Girls who are hitting 140 yds PW should ask themselves how to fill the 100, 75 or 50 yds gaps

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    phuck all of you faggots. and happy new year!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    phuck all of you faggots. and happy new year!
    Same to you, BJ ( sounds like blow job)

I have demoed Tittleist. No feel clubs for no feel deek heads. Happy New Year !

The longer I play these the less I find myself wondering about the MP-68.

http://www.kzgolf.com/sites/courses/...=31392&sid=746

They're pretty forgiving even in the longer irons and work well with lightweight high performance steel shafts.

The only thing out there that's tempting based on what I'm hearing is the new Titleist MB.

Both sets are forged in Japan by enslaved expert craftsman who spend most of their time forging samauri swords. Everyone else seems to be making their clubs in Laos or someplace like that. Wouldn't waste my time with Laotian irons.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    The longer I play these the less I find myself wondering about the MP-68.

http://www.kzgolf.com/sites/courses/...=31392&sid=746

They're pretty forgiving even in the longer irons and work well with lightweight high performance steel shafts.

The only thing out there that's tempting based on what I'm hearing is the new Titleist MB.

Both sets are forged in Japan by enslaved expert craftsman who spend most of their time forging samauri swords. Everyone else seems to be making their clubs in Laos or someplace like that. Wouldn't waste my time with Laotian irons.
    You sure about the Titleists? I thought they moved their manufactuirng offshore to swetshops years ago. From the poor quality and crap feel you would assume they are made by sweat shop monkeys. I'm sure the tour players get theirs custom made in Japan and put a Titty stamp on them, but not the stuff they sell to the public.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Titleist is well-known for being a copy cat. Name it. The balls (from Callaway), AP2 (from MP52), SC Newport (from Ping Anser). It is like buying high quality clones.

You sure about the Titleists? I thought they moved their manufactuirng offshore to swetshops years ago. From the poor quality and crap feel you would assume they are made by sweat shop monkeys. I'm sure the tour players get theirs custom made in Japan and put a Titty stamp on them, but not the stuff they sell to the public.
    Don't know where most of the stuff comes from, but the new mb's are Endo forged in Japan. I hope to try them out in a few weeks.
    GR lives...

Those Tourstages look really nice OP, where'd you score those?

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    Those Tourstages look really nice OP, where'd you score those?
    Both sets I got via ebay. The Z101's I bought as heads only from the U.S. and had them shafted myself. The X blades I bought used in very good nick in Australia. I am using them as a combo set as per my sig.
    I bought the Z101's out of curiosity because they continually came up in forum searches in the lists of the best forged clubs that players had experience of. I was not disappointed. IMO they have certainly earned their reputation. They are very blade like in appearance (which is important for me when setting up to the ball) and they are the softest and best feeling forged irons I have ever hit by some margin. On top of that they are also very forgiving for the type of club they are. They are Endo forged in Japan and are the top of the line Bridgestone offerings which are modeled on the Japanese tour players versions.
    The blades are compact and also very soft. Very much a purists head. They are the 2005 model I think which is just a plain looking blade with out the garish imbelishments of the newer model X blades. Very pure clubs.
    You can see you don't want to get me talking about pure forgings, one of my favorite subjects. But you did ask........

Don't know where most of the stuff comes from, but the new mb's are Endo forged in Japan. I hope to try them out in a few weeks.
    So they are more than just cheap Mizuno copies, they are expensive Mizuno copies. But it's a bit of a mute point really, as there is a GR ban on Titleist equipment. IMO your KZGs are better looking clubs than the Titleists anyway. If you like them I wouldn't be thinking of changing. But I supose it's always good to hit other clubs to reinforce how good your own really are.

So they are more than just cheap Mizuno copies, they are expensive Mizuno copies. But it's a bit of a mute point really, as there is a GR ban on Titleist equipment. IMO your KZGs are better looking clubs than the Titleists anyway. If you like them I wouldn't be thinking of changing. But I supose it's always good to hit other clubs to reinforce how good your own really are.
    The ZO-s are great so I don't plan on switching. I'd just like to try the new Titleist blades as they are Endo and the buzz has been interesting. Also, wasn't the ban overturned by a poll?
    GR lives...

The ZO-s are great so I don't plan on switching. I'd just like to try the new Titleist blades as they are Endo and the buzz has been interesting. Also, wasn't the ban overturned by a poll?
    Poll wasn't validated by 5,000 posters. Null and void, ban still stands.

Poll wasn't validated by 5,000 posters. Null and void, ban still stands.
    I'm telling ya, I've had experience dealing with splinter groups. I think it's a worse decision than Wilson Fat Shafts.
    GR lives...

I'm telling ya, I've had experience dealing with splinter groups. I think it's a worse decision than Wilson Fat Shafts.
    You'll have to trust me on this Zo, NOTHING is a worse decision than Wilson Fat Shafts. If I was playing with Dave's old goilfing buddy I would have got a 'what were you were thinking!' on the first tee before hitting off.

You'll have to trust me on this Zo, NOTHING is a worse decision than Wilson Fat Shafts. If I was playing with Dave's old goilfing buddy I would have got a 'what were you were thinking!' on the first tee before hitting off.

We all do those kinds of things. Tell you what, a bad set of irons for a year or so is a way better move than a bad mate for 10+ years. That was a much worse decision.
    GR lives...

We all do those kinds of things. Tell you what, a bad set of irons for a year or so is a way better move than a bad mate for 10+ years. That was a much worse decision.
    We should emulate JD (back when he was a GR god). I remember he once complained that the rain delays during a tournament lasted longer than his marraiges.

BTW, the fat shafts lasted less than 4 months in the bag before getting the flick.

I thought you'd re shafted the 32's and gone back to them?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I thought you'd re shafted the 32's and gone back to them?
    I've kinda gone back and forth between them and the ZO's. I started taking the 3 and 4 from the ZO's and mixing them with the 32's, but eventually the difference in clubhead/shaft seemed to screw with my game, so for a while now it's been all ZO's.

The ZO's are like precision surgical instruments when in the right hands. They are undoubtedly the best irons that are in my car trunk right now.

Alot of people seem to look down at my KZG's. Because they're not a major brand, they just assume they must be sh.itty. Well, f.uck you Mr. I need Callaways or some other Major Brand to Validate my Existence. And your wife and dog, too.
    GR lives...

Kiwi and NaH, there is a set of ZO's selling on ebay from Aussie.
    You can't pass this up.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-KZG-Forged-Z...item5638711c12
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Kiwi and NaH, there is a set of ZO's selling on ebay from Aussie.
    You can't pass this up.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-KZG-Forged-Z...item5638711c12
    That seller is reliable but one of the most expensive on Aussie ebay. His clubs are always relisted because they rarely sell. Sometimes he asks twice the going price. Those ZO's have been listed about 4 times already. He keeps dropping the price, but no cigar. I have seen old cobras etc. listed by him for $400. Dreamin.

Both sets I got via ebay. The Z101's I bought as heads only from the U.S. and had them shafted myself. The X blades I bought used in very good nick in Australia. I am using them as a combo set as per my sig.
    I bought the Z101's out of curiosity because they continually came up in forum searches in the lists of the best forged clubs that players had experience of. I was not disappointed. IMO they have certainly earned their reputation. They are very blade like in appearance (which is important for me when setting up to the ball) and they are the softest and best feeling forged irons I have ever hit by some margin. On top of that they are also very forgiving for the type of club they are. They are Endo forged in Japan and are the top of the line Bridgestone offerings which are modeled on the Japanese tour players versions.
    The blades are compact and also very soft. Very much a purists head. They are the 2005 model I think which is just a plain looking blade with out the garish imbelishments of the newer model X blades. Very pure clubs.
    You can see you don't want to get me talking about pure forgings, one of my favorite subjects. But you did ask........
    Better than any Mizuno product you've ever hit? F uck those are gorgeous looking clubs except I can't read the gibberish on their website...Have you ever hit one of their drivers?

Better than any Mizuno product you've ever hit? F uck those are gorgeous looking clubs except I can't read the gibberish on their website...Have you ever hit one of their drivers?
    Japanese drivers are by and large shite. They make the best forged irons in the world, but their drivers seem to cater for all the puny, short knocker, rice eaters who don't generate enough clubhead speed to handle a real driver. It might be the crappy high torque ligthweight shafts as much as anything, but I've never hit a Jap driver that was any good.

Japanese drivers are by and large shite. They make the best forged irons in the world, but their drivers seem to cater for all the puny, short knocker, rice eaters who don't generate enough clubhead speed to handle a real driver. It might be the crappy shafts as much as anything, but I've never hit a Jap driver that was any good.

D-Man, don't you use a Jap driver? Maybe you should look around for a new one.
    GR lives...

D-Man, don't you use a Jap driver? Maybe you should look around for a new one.
    I'd bet he got his customised, and didn't have the stock shaft in it. Anyway DM is old so he may like the ulra light, whippy shafts that Jap drivers come stock with.

Japanese drivers are by and large shite. Their drivers seem to cater for all the puny, short knocker, rice eaters who don't generate enough clubhead speed to handle a real driver. It might be the crappy high torque ligthweight shafts as much as anything, but I've never hit a Jap driver that was any good.
    LOL - stated just like the open minded, worldly, tolerant Aussie bigot we've all come to know & admire. Do Koreans make drivers too by any chance?

Now where the f#ck am I?

That seller is reliable but one of the most expensive on Aussie ebay. His clubs are always relisted because they rarely sell. Sometimes he asks twice the going price. Those ZO's have been listed about 4 times already. He keeps dropping the price, but no cigar. I have seen old cobras etc. listed by him for $400. Dreamin.
    You can always rely on Oldplayer to give expert advice on all things forged!

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL - stated just like the open minded, worldly, tolerant Aussie bigot we've all come to know & admire. Do Koreans make drivers too by any chance?
    The SBS is being played here on Maui starting tomorrow at the Kapalua Plantation. I might go check it out....I heard these two dipsh it talk radio guys this morning talk about it and one of them said "Oh I'd love to see that Chinese guy that beat Tiger last year...What's his name? Yang?" And then nobody corrected him on the fact that Yang is Korean. Anyway, it was kind of funny and I'm sure he caught some heat for that at some point today from his boss.

It reminded me of this stand up comedy bit from Dave Chappelle where he calls the guy Chinese and the guy goes "Hey! I'm Korean!! Do I look chinese to you?" And Chappelle goes "Yeah motherphucker, you do look Chinese...... I'm sorry, but to the untrained eye, you all look Chinese!"

Cool avatar meatloaf. I am currently having my old 1988 Kramer Pacer restored.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Yes better than Mizuno, but you understand I'm being picky and when you've played a lot of forged blades you can take your discrimination to the n th. degree. Mizuno are still very high quality forgings.
    I think I agree with NAH about the drivers. Although some heads have a good reputation. Nakagima for example. The Japs do love whippy graphite shafts. They even favour them in their irons. Although the clubs used by the good players and pros would have the same shafts that all good golfers use. I think in Japan you have to be a wealthy middle aged (no talent hacker) to get a membership at the CC so that probably explains why the recreational golfers use short, whippy graphite shafts.

Just because I dis Jap drivers doesn't make me a bigot. I thought it was GR protocol to sink to the lowest common denminator whenever you are giving out a serve. As you may have noticed, I revere Japanese clubmakers as mystical godlike beings, so it just depends on what angle I'm taking as to how I will describe ethnic peoples. In any case, I reserve my strongest prejiduce for white trash, redneck crackers, snaggle toothed pommys, or your brethren (nothing personal to those from Texas, Oklahoma or Arkansas) so you can't say I'm bigoted based on race.

Just because I dis Jap drivers doesn't make me a bigot. I thought it was GR protocol to sink to the lowest common denminator whenever you are giving out a serve. As you may have noticed, I revere Japanese clubmakers as mystical godlike beings, so it just depends on what angle I'm taking as to how I will describe ethnic peoples. In any case, I reserve my strongest prejiduce for white trash, redneck crackers (nothing personal to those from Texas, Oklahoma or Arkansas), snaggle toothed pommys, or your brethren (which in the case of the last two is more than reciprocated) so you can't say I'm bigoted based on race.

Just because I dis Jap drivers doesn't make me a bigot. I thought it was GR protocol to sink to the lowest common denminator whenever you are giving out a serve. As you may have noticed, I revere Japanese clubmakers as mystical godlike beings, so it just depends on what angle I'm taking as to how I will describe ethnic peoples. In any case, I reserve my strongest prejiduce for white trash, redneck crackers (nothing personal to those from Texas, Oklahoma or Arkansas), snaggle toothed pommys, or your brethren (which in the case of the last two is more than reciprocated) so you can't say I'm bigoted based on race.

I strongly agree with this. I'll go after whoever takes themselves too seriously. That's why I've never had anything negative to say about circus clowns. But I reserve the right to flame circus clowns if there's a strong GR interest in doing so. In fact, f.uck those guys.
    GR lives...

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    i haven't posted on here in months & u clowns are still arguing over mizuno & titleist. you guys seriously need to get laid.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

I strongly agree with this. I'll go after whoever takes themselves too seriously. That's why I've never had anything negative to say about circus clowns. But I reserve the right to flame circus clowns if there's a strong GR interest in doing so. In fact, f.uck those guys.
    I've had some dealings with some off duty circus clowns and other carnies form my activist days, and let me tell you, I'm yet to meet one that has anything close to resembling a friendly demeanour once the make up is off and the show is over.

One way we can end this Titleist v Mizuno argument once and for all is to see who each company entrusts to carry their brand name on their range of putters. Mizuno contracted Bob Bettinardi, one of the most reputable, innovative putter makers in the business, with a name synonimous with quality and integrity. Titleist got Scotty Cameron, no need to elaborate further.

History, while interesting, is not as important as the future. The future is where we'll all be, god willing. History is the past, we can never go back to it. If you lock your eyes on the rear view mirror, you'll drive off the road.

So as I watch Mizuno slide into the abyss of foreign production, I take heart there are those in the golf equipment industry attempting to create the greatest golf weapons ever made. Maybe, just maybe, Titleist's new Japanese Endo forged blades turn out to be a virtual christ-child of an iron. That's what I hope for. If instead it turns out that they aren't as billed, then feh.
    GR lives...

i haven't posted on here in months & u clowns are still arguing over mizuno & titleist. you guys seriously need to get laid.

Where have YOU been, over in Arkansas porking your sister?

History, while interesting, is not as important as the future. The future is where we'll all be, god willing. History is the past, we can never go back to it. If you lock your eyes on the rear view mirror, you'll drive off the road.

So as I watch Mizuno slide into the abyss of foreign production, I take heart there are those in the golf equipment industry attempting to create the greatest golf weapons ever made. Maybe, just maybe, Titleist's new Japanese Endo forged blades turn out to be a virtual christ-child of an iron. That's what I hope for. If instead it turns out that they aren't as billed, then feh.

I haven't heard of these. Can someone shoot me a link with the info?

I haven't heard of these. Can someone shoot me a link with the info?

Here you go. Don't hit the link if an erection would be awkward for you right now.

http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/irons/MB.asp
    GR lives...

Here you go. Don't hit the link if an erection would be awkward for you right now.

http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/irons/MB.asp
    Ceap looking Mizzy MP knock off (must be the labelling that makes them look cheap). Once again Titleist has shown themselves to be a golf company totally devoid of an original idea. They haven't had anoriginal design since the DCIs (please correct me if they were knock offs of another OEM, would not surprise if that were the case). Their formula for 'success' apears to be the following 6 step plan:

1. Steal technology from the leading competitors eg. Cally balls, Mizuno GFF, Ping putters and even the borethru shafts of Cally drivers going back a bit further.

2. Make cheap knockoffs in chinese sweatshops (other than balls).

3. Throw heaps of money at middle of the road, no talent bum pros, who lack the integrity and spine to play the real deal equipment, to play their equipment in a shameless and transparent attempt to win the equipment counts at tour events. eg. Zach Johnson, Davis Love, Adam Scott and a cast of thousands of other non entities.

4. Use the manipulated equipment counts as 'evidence' of tour cred.

5. Put jacked up prices on their range to add elitist snob value to the brand, and to cover exhorbitant advertising and endorsement costs.

6. Sit back and watch the wannabe player suckers cough up thier hard earned.

If them blades are being forged by Endo, as far as I'm concerned, the Titleist guys could gang bang Cargo Putter's mom against her will (although she's never said no to a gang bang before) and I wouldn't hold it against them.

Let's all hope for a new chapter here. A little faith and hope is a good thing even if you're atheist.
    GR lives...

Are you volunteering to perform the service?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Are you volunteering to perform the service?
    I didn't know Beej was pimping for his mom these days.

Japanese drivers are by and large shite. They make the best forged irons in the world, but their drivers seem to cater for all the puny, short knocker, rice eaters who don't generate enough clubhead speed to handle a real driver. It might be the crappy high torque ligthweight shafts as much as anything, but I've never hit a Jap driver that was any good.
    Then you have never hit any of the Bridgestone J33 drivers, especially the J33R 420cc. Flat out money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainkingjr
    Then you have never hit any of the Bridgestone J33 drivers, especially the J33R 420cc. Flat out money.
    Fred Couples hits the Bridgestone pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainkingjr
    Have heard good things about these. But to be honest I view those drivers more as mainstream products for the export market (they come standard with Aldila NV shafts which are not Japanese) and not Jap drivers for the domestic Japanese market. I suppose I stand sort of corrected on a technicality.

Thread Information