|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Some more serious advice needed.

So okay, this not quite as serious, but I need to know the GR position none the less.

What is the general consensus on playing with jogger style golf shoes? As a vegan you would appreciate that I don't buy leather goods, and most of the good golf shoes are leather so I have trouble finding quality shoes. I wil never buy synthetic as these are just cheap, low quality immitations that are bad for your feet. I found a set of HiTech V Lites last year that were micro fibre and they are top quality shoes and the equal of any leather shoe I've worn, except lighter which makes them more comfortable.

Anyway back to the point of this thread. Over Christmas I found a great deal on Adidas Power Band Sport shoes. I got two pairs for $119 (they retail in golf shops for $159 a pair). For those unfamiliar with this shoe (and can't be bothered googling to see WTF I'm talking about), it is a sports style shoe with a very jogger looking upper, but has a full on golf shoe sole with soft spikes. Truth be told they are a little on the loud side and could even be described as garish by some.

Will I look gay/hackerish/uncivilised/geeky/stupid/kitch/non traditionalist turning up to the first tee in a pair of these? I will be keeping them regardless, but I was interested in the general view on acceptable footwear on the course.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 12-30-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Luckily they dont make golf balls out of animal products. Then you'd be really stuffed. Lucky also you didn't play golf 100 years ago when they were playing featheries.

As regards footwear, wear whatever you like. It's not like you to give a fuk what they look like or what anybody thinks. You've proved this with your shovel playing.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I wrap biodegradable, vegetarian corn husks around my feet.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I've always considered it a BM to wear a pair of golf shoes that look nothing like golf shoes. It's like wearing Crocs with soft spikes on the bottom of them. It may even be hacker level.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    I've always considered it a BM to wear a pair of golf shoes that look nothing like golf shoes. It's like wearing Crocs with soft spikes on the bottom of them. It may even be hacker level.
    Considering the demise of Stanko after he started promotiong those god awful Bite sandals a few years ago, you may have a point. Now there was quite possibly the ugliest piece of golf apparel ever invented. Not surprisingly, I've never seen a single pair on the course.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Luckily they dont make golf balls out of animal products. Then you'd be really stuffed. Lucky also you didn't play golf 100 years ago when they were playing featheries.
    As regards footwear, wear whatever you like. It's not like you to give a fuk what they look like or what anybody thinks. You've proved this with your shovel playing.
    They didn't coin the term vegan til the mid 60's, so if I played golf back then I probably wouldn't have given a fark.

I will take your other zing on the chin, I was probably asking for that.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 12-30-2009 at 07:54 PM.

I recently bought these they are quite loud to me. I normally wear plain black leather golf shoes, but tried these on and they fit quite nicely, feel awesome, and for what i bought them for at outlet store, I should have bought 2 pairs
    Last edited by riddle326; 12-30-2009 at 07:38 PM.

There's nothing wrong with athletic shoe type golf shoes. The problem is when you combine any type of golf clothing with them it looks awful. Those shoes look good with jeans, work-out clothing and that's about it.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    There's nothing wrong with athletic shoe type golf shoes. The problem is when you combine any type of golf clothing with them it looks awful. Those shoes look good with jeans, work-out clothing and that's about it.
    I disagree. Athletic golf shoes look better with shorts than traditional golf shoes. Shorts and saddle shoes screams "I am going to a Clay Aiken concert after my round!" I do agree that athletic golf shoes and khakis/slacks screams Seinfeld circa '95.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

My dad used to wear Nikes or Adidas three stripers with his stretch doubleknit 'gentlemen's' pants and the nylon shiny big-collared shirts of the early 80s...

and he was known to take to the golf course in those clothes at least once.. when his Crocodile-logo IZOD golf shirts were in the laundry.

never did wear a visor tho.. would have capped it all off perfectly.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Oh, for Christ's sake . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I want the old NAH back. Omen? BJ? Where have you guys gone? OP and I are lonely cries in the wilderness! NAH has turned into a Nancy! Don't forsake me! I'm not that strong!

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Oh, for Christ's sake . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I want the old NAH back. Omen? BJ? Where have you guys gone? OP and I are lonely cries in the wilderness! NAH has turned into a Nancy! Don't forsake me! I'm not that strong!

Don't fret, I've just decided to ask a couple of semi serious questions for a change of pace. The new year will be here tomorrow and my resolution will be to be as offensive and abrasive as ever. I'll even be a hypocrite and berate shovel users. I think one of the reasons I've gone so soft of late is that Larry and my old sparring partners GHD and Stroke guru haven't been around to get things going. I think the de-partying of JD may have also had a bad influence on us, we are like a flock without a shepherd. This board needs a little good old fashioned fire and brimstone GFF evangalism to get things back to normal.

P.S. How could I forget Kiwi when talking of sparring partners. He hasn't been around either.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 12-30-2009 at 09:56 PM.

i have quite a few golf shoes, and a couple pairs are the adidas powebands... (i think i have 14 pairs of golf shoes or some crazy number lol i never wear em... lol...)...

here's one of the ones i have...
    i have the orange, a pair of yellow, and a pair of blue... there really comfortable but i only wear em with shorts, long pants and them look kinda amatuer... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i have quite a few golf shoes, and a couple pairs are the adidas powebands... (i think i have 14 pairs of golf shoes or some crazy number lol i never wear em... lol...)...

here's one of the ones i have...
    i have the orange, a pair of yellow, and a pair of blue... there really comfortable but i only wear em with shorts, long pants and them look kinda amatuer... lol...
    I've got the orange and blue (the orange are cooler looking IMO). I agree they would look stupid with long pants, but I wear shorts year round so no problem. If I ever have to wear long pants I've got the Hi-Techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I disagree. Athletic golf shoes look better with shorts than traditional golf shoes. Shorts and saddle shoes screams "I am going to a Clay Aiken concert after my round!" I do agree that athletic golf shoes and khakis/slacks screams Seinfeld circa '95.
    Wrong. Golf shoes that look like jogging or cross-training shoes look lame on the course. Regular golf shoes look much better with shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    There are plenty of golf shoes that look good with shorts, but none of them are saddle shoes. In fact, saddle shoes look stupid with anything and everything. How did the official Muscular Distrophy shoe become the norm for golf shoes? Who decided that? I agree, HS, it had to have been a Southerner.
    GR lives...

There are plenty of golf shoes that look good with shorts, but none of them are saddle shoes. In fact, saddle shoes look stupid with anything and everything. How did the official Muscular Distrophy shoe become the norm for golf shoes? Who decided that? I agree, HS, it had to have been a Southerner.
    Saddle shoes looked great on Brittany Spears in her first video.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Saddle shoes looked great on Brittany Spears in her first video.

The only time I found her remotely fukable was in that Coke (or maybe Pepsi) Super Bowl commercial of around 10 years ago. She'd gotten real thin, was firm and busty as hell and was prancing around in a skimpy 40's era waitress outfit serving it up.
    GR lives...

The only time I found her remotely fukable was in that Coke (or maybe Pepsi) Super Bowl commercial of around 10 years ago. She'd gotten real thin, was firm and busty as hell and was prancing around in a skimpy 40's era waitress outfit serving it up.
    Wasn't that the halftime show? Speaking of which, I think they need to get rid of the geriatric rock bands coming back for one last hurrah. The Who? These guys were done back in the early 80's. Sure, they did some good stuff but now it's kind of silly. Of course, you'll hear the same thing "wow, they can still move around pretty good". They should have a bikini contest or something.

NAH

Shovels, poofters shoes, f ucking vegan!!

You are without doubt the biggest queen on GR and have lost any right to criticise/flame anyone.

Now F uck off and eat some more shite tasting quorn. F ucking ponce

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    I have just had a look at these in blue and white. Nowt wrong with them IMO, I have seen a lot worse.

I think these look pretty sweet. Just checked and Rock Bottom Golf has them for $29.99, down from $120. Only a few sizes are left. If they had my size I'd pick a pair up. They would look super sweet with a pair of cargo shorts.

My Gaydar is going off!
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Wasn't that the halftime show? Speaking of which, I think they need to get rid of the geriatric rock bands coming back for one last hurrah. The Who? These guys were done back in the early 80's. Sure, they did some good stuff but now it's kind of silly. Of course, you'll hear the same thing "wow, they can still move around pretty good". They should have a bikini contest or something.

It was a black and white commercial I think. If she was in a halftime show I wouldn't have watched it because I wasn't a 9 year old girl.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    I think these look pretty sweet. Just checked and Rock Bottom Golf has them for $29.99, down from $120. Only a few sizes are left. If they had my size I'd pick a pair up. They would look super sweet with a pair of cargo shorts.
    man i got them for like 70 and i thought that was a deal... 30 for these shoes is really low... great deal there if they have your size...

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    "..... It's like wearing Crocs with soft spikes on the bottom of them....."
    Ya mean like the Croc golf shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    Ya mean like the Croc golf shoes?

These are even too gay for my flamer bro-in-law.....He would like those gay arse striped adidas ones though.....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    These are even too gay for my flamer bro-in-law.....He would like those gay arse striped adidas ones though.....
    My wife stumbled across those last year...and she wanted a pair in pink and said: "How about I get you a pair in brown so we can match"?

To this day, she has no idea how close I came to threaten divorce...LOL

Crocs are MAYBE acceptable for young females, but should not be worn by any self respecting male, no matter what their age.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    Crocs are MAYBE acceptable for young females, but should not be worn by any self respecting male, no matter what their age.

Now THAT'S what a man's ankles should look like......
    (apologies to those new to the board since "Spanq" showed his infamous "What a Man's Calves Should Look Like" photo.....)

Edit; OK, I've taken the genie out of the bottle now. I might as well post the link.
    "Cornelius Corndog" was one of Spank's countless aliases on this board....
    http://forums.golfreview.com/showthr...man%27s+calves

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Now THAT'S what a man's ankles should look like......
    (apologies to those new to the board since "Spanq" showed his infamous "What a Man's Calves Should Look Like" photo.....)

Edit; OK, I've taken the genie out of the bottle now. I might as well post the link.
    "Cornelius Corndog" was one of Spank's countless aliases on this board....
    http://forums.golfreview.com/showthr...man%27s+calves
    From the looks of that thread it seems some took themsevles pretty seriously back then. I like the comment about Dorkman wearing a uniform. Banning posts and threads (except for spam) dosen't seem to happen much anymore and there is only the occasional ego driven flame war.
    Interesting to see how the forum has evolved.....
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

NAH you have been eating too many unpeeled cucumbers whole. Have your nuts ascended. Real men don't ask other men questions like " Do these shoes make my butt look bigger"? , "Do these shoes make me want to swallow"?

This thread is dissapointing.

Nah my question to you is do you remeber your last blow job?

Did you swallow?

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    From the looks of that thread it seems some took themsevles pretty seriously back then. I like the comment about Dorkman wearing a uniform. Banning posts and threads (except for spam) dosen't seem to happen much anymore and there is only the occasional ego driven flame war.
    Interesting to see how the forum has evolved.....
    Yeah....any time you see some naive yokel wistfully yearning for a return to the "glory days" of GR, you realize they don't know what they are talking about......That thread was a good example of the "glory days."

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    NAH you have been eating too many unpeeled cucumbers whole. Have your nuts ascended. Real men don't ask other men questions like " Do these shoes make my butt look bigger"? , "Do these shoes make me want to swallow"?

This thread is dissapointing.

Nah my question to you is do you remeber your last blow job?

Did you swallow?

GHD
    This forum needed something to get some good old fashion flaming going. I don't see you starting many threads. You should say thankyou, like you do to your slave when he has his fist halfway up your colon.

BTW, good to see you back and happy new year arse face

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    NAH

Shovels, poofters shoes, f ucking vegan!!

You are without doubt the biggest queen on GR and have lost any right to criticise/flame anyone.

Now F uck off and eat some more shite tasting quorn. F ucking ponce

Edgey
    If I was homophobic I may have taken offense here.

On the subject of being a man and eating meat, one of the conditions linked to meat consumption is impotence (google it, it has sound medical grounds). So when you're a middle aged man who couldn't get a stiffy if you were at the Playboy mansion on wet tshirt night, I'll be still banging my wife with a hard-on a cat couldn't scratch. But don't fret Edgey, it's not all bad. With all the eostrogen and hormones in processed meat these days, at least you'll be able to play with your own tits.

Happy new year you non tubbing, b.o. wriddled, cross dressing, snaggle toothed muther farker (any pommy stereo types I left out?)

I rarely ever wear golf shoes and mostly wear running shoes. Golf shoes are uncomfortable if you're a walker...even comfortable golf shoes can't compare to comfortable running shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by collegegolfer
    I rarely ever wear golf shoes and mostly wear running shoes. Golf shoes are uncomfortable if you're a walker...even comfortable golf shoes can't compare to comfortable running shoes.
    You should definitely check out the Adidas powerbands then. They are as comfortable as running shoes, but are more stable for golf due to the soles. And PM says they are going for $30 a pair over there.

Nah get you fist outta my colon or I 'am going to demand you return the gerbal up yours.
    BTW Happy New Year, may your golf be great and all your veggies all be long, hard, and full of fresh fleshy plant manner.
    BBTW please wash the cucumbers good before you eat them.

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    So okay, this not quite as serious, but I need to know the GR position none the less.

What is the general consensus on playing with jogger style golf shoes? As a vegan you would appreciate that I don't buy leather goods, and most of the good golf shoes are leather so I have trouble finding quality shoes. I wil never buy synthetic as these are just cheap, low quality immitations that are bad for your feet. I found a set of HiTech V Lites last year that were micro fibre and they are top quality shoes and the equal of any leather shoe I've worn, except lighter which makes them more comfortable.

Anyway back to the point of this thread. Over Christmas I found a great deal on Adidas Power Band Sport shoes. I got two pairs for $119 (they retail in golf shops for $159 a pair). For those unfamiliar with this shoe (and can't be bothered googling to see WTF I'm talking about), it is a sports style shoe with a very jogger looking upper, but has a full on golf shoe sole with soft spikes. Truth be told they are a little on the loud side and could even be described as garish by some.

Will I look gay/hackerish/uncivilised/geeky/stupid/kitch/non traditionalist turning up to the first tee in a pair of these? I will be keeping them regardless, but I was interested in the general view on acceptable footwear on the course.
    I am now suffering from a low blood pressure by turning veggie. Doctor says I have to take meat for a proper diet. Take meat, wear leather !

NaH, I have a pair of those Powerbands. Mine are are blue-gray with blue stripes. Not as comfortable as they look to be honest. I have 3 pairs of shoes I rotate around but I think the Footjoy Dryjoys from last year are the most comfortable. I have 2 pair of Dryjoys with one being my tourney shoes. Black with camo saddle and the SPCC logo on the back. They were a gift from a tourney and you got to customize them any way you wanted. I tried to pick the biggest DB combo I could find, and I'm pretty sure I succeeded.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    NaH, I have a pair of those Powerbands. Mine are are blue-gray with blue stripes. Not as comfortable as they look to be honest. I have 3 pairs of shoes I rotate around but I think the Footjoy Dryjoys from last year are the most comfortable. I have 2 pair of Dryjoys with one being my tourney shoes. Black with camo saddle and the SPCC logo on the back. They were a gift from a tourney and you got to customize them any way you wanted. I tried to pick the biggest DB combo I could find, and I'm pretty sure I succeeded.
    I have the blue powerbands too. I find them to be very comfortable, but I do walk the course so I need a sports style shoe (I'm assuming you ride at your country club). Please post a pic of your gamers, they sound very classy.

Wow. You might as well just get golf sandals.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

and a visor with a magnetic ball marker.

And, a uroclub . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

for woman.

I nominate the defaclub as the official GR golf accessory.
    GR lives...

I nominate the defaclub as the official GR golf accessory.
    Can you post a picture? I'm curious about the design.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

I don't have a picture to post, but if we're successful translating our concept, it will look exactly like LarryRSF's avatar.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I have the blue powerbands too. I find them to be very comfortable, but I do walk the course so I need a sports style shoe (I'm assuming you ride at your country club). Please post a pic of your gamers, they sound very classy.
    I'll definitely have to post a pic of the tourney shoes. They're currently in my SPCC locker.
    I walk about 75% of my rounds. I take a caddie for most of my weekend rounds in season and typically walk all my out of season rounds. The only time I take a cart is during weekday evening rounds where I'm trying to play as fast as possible.
    I just don't think those Adidas are as comfortable as they look like they should be. They aren't uncomfortable, just not as nice as some of my others, plus they really aren't waterproof past that rubber wrapper above the sole (Zo will make a jimmy hat comment).
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    My guess is that it's similar to the Uro but with a slightly tapered end....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    My guess is that it's similar to the Uro but with a slightly tapered end....

ugh! I was SO hoping you guys were not going to elaborate.....

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    ugh! I was SO hoping you guys were not going to elaborate.....
    Just be glad Miz>Ping hasn't been around.......
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I'll definitely have to post a pic of the tourney shoes. They're currently in my SPCC locker.
    I walk about 75% of my rounds. I take a caddie for most of my weekend rounds in season and typically walk all my out of season rounds. The only time I take a cart is during weekday evening rounds where I'm trying to play as fast as possible.
    I just don't think those Adidas are as comfortable as they look like they should be. They aren't uncomfortable, just not as nice as some of my others, plus they really aren't waterproof past that rubber wrapper above the sole (Zo will make a jimmy hat comment).
    The powerbands are only really for dry conditions. If the ground is a little wet or dewy they are fine, but if it's raining they aren't an option. The only thing about them that is a little uncomfortable is they are a little on the narrow side. I have wide feet so I had to get them in US 11, instead of 10 like I would wider shoes. Another thing is that you have to get them to fit first time. You can't break them in like leather shoes, they have to fit right first time.

Thread Information