|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

SBS Championship Kapalua

Hey Mentaloaf. Are you going to check this one out this weekend? I'm watching it on TV right now. They started talking about the greens and it hit me....You said you have so much trouble at putting. Well, look where you're at! It's the greens! That's my only bich about playing there. the pros aren't having any luck on them either......At least you have a good excuse now...
    Your Welcome
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Glover, Kutchar,and Olgivey are playing good

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Hey Mentaloaf. Are you going to check this one out this weekend? I'm watching it on TV right now. They started talking about the greens and it hit me....You said you have so much trouble at putting. Well, look where you're at! It's the greens! That's my only bich about playing there. the pros aren't having any luck on them either......At least you have a good excuse now...
    Your Welcome
    Hah! I knew it! Thanks noshuz...Hey if you see that on TV tomorrow (Saturday) Try look at the waves in the background, there is a huge swell and it's a good Honolua direction. Trying to get the pass from the wife have her watch the keikis whilst I get barrelled at the bay...Look for me on the Golf channel, I'm the one shredding Honolua when they pan across the 18th fairway.....Oh, and if I were to get enough time to myself to actually go watch the SBS, I will either use that time to play golf myself, or surf the Bay.......or work on my putting

Hey! What are you guys doing?! Talking about GOLF on GR?! I'm going to report you to the moderators.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Hey! What are you guys doing?! Talking about GOLF on GR?! I'm going to report you to the moderators.......
    HA! Sorry buddy!
    Hey did any of you catch any of this? I was watching the final round yesterday and they did the super slow motion thing for Geeeoff Ogilvy (Stoopid way to spell Jeff) and it looked like he was getting flippy with his wrists at impact. I know. Who the f.uck am I to say he's flippy. Especially when he won. Just my observation.....You guys see it too?
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    HA! Sorry buddy!
    Hey did any of you catch any of this? I was watching the final round yesterday and they did the super slow motion thing for Geeeoff Ogilvy (Stoopid way to spell Jeff) and it looked like he was getting flippy with his wrists at impact. I know. Who the f.uck am I to say he's flippy. Especially when he won. Just my observation.....You guys see it too?
    I don't think this is necessarily the latest word on the subject of "What's in the Bag" for Geoff Ogilvy, but it is alarming that I don't see a single GFF club there.
    For this alone, regardless of his wrist action, he needs to be demonized on this board. I recommend a horsewhipping.

http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/...9/04/ogilvybag

I don't think this is necessarily the latest word on the subject of "What's in the Bag" for Geoff Ogilvy, but it is alarming that I don't see a single GFF club there.
    For this alone, regardless of his wrist action, he needs to be demonized on this board. I recommend a horsewhipping.

http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/...9/04/ogilvybag

What would you plan on using to horsewhip him?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    What would you plan on using to horsewhip him?
    You could use a horseship.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    You could use a horseship.

It's fine to say that, humor is useful occasionally, but I think we're speaking metaphorically here. I know I am.
    GR lives...

It's fine to say that, humor is useful occasionally, but I think we're speaking metaphorically here. I know I am.
    That post did puzzle me though. Was that a typo by dorkman or was he trying to get at something?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

That post did puzzle me though. Was that a typo by dorkman or was he trying to get at something?
    Sometimes I can't tell whether it's really Dorkman or some salesman/spammer for Scratch golf clubs.
    GR lives...

Sometimes I can't tell whether it's really Dorkman or some salesman/spammer for Scratch golf clubs.
    He's probably got the same set-up a Ryan Moore. Everytime he mentions how good they are he picks up an extra share.

Speaking of Geoff Ogilvy's bag, he has a different driver to the one in that article, typical GD to be lagging behind. GR is the only place that is up to date. It's also worth noting that he is probably the purest ball striker using Acushnet stuff, and he won't touch Titleist irons (wedges don't count). He has gone for their players line Cobra, and left the chopper Titleist line for hacker bums like Zach Johnson.

BTW DM, pay close attention to the 'what's missing' comment on that page.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Guilty of a typo. ("S" is close to "W" and I was typing posting fast, without proofreading.) However, the benefit of frequently speaking tongue in cheek is that when you make a dumb blunder, people question that it might be a pun, have a double meaning, or be simply funny beyond their level of comprehension.....

My plan to adminster the horsewhipping is elegant in its simplicity.

Step 1. Contact Mr. Ogilvy and invite him to join GR.
    Step 2. Gain his confidence by offering him helpful suggestions on swing techniques and club selection
    Step 3. Invite him to a private golf game at the location of my choosing. I'd probably have to pick a week he wasn't committed to a tour event, though
    Step 4. Tee off first, then when he is admiring my shot, I invite him to try to beat mine for distance and accuracy.
    Step 5. When "G.O." (as he is known by his best buddies like me) addresses the ball and goes into his backswing, I begin the horsewhipping.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 01-11-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    Hah! I knew it! Thanks noshuz...Hey if you see that on TV tomorrow (Saturday) Try look at the waves in the background, there is a huge swell and it's a good Honolua direction. Trying to get the pass from the wife have her watch the keikis whilst I get barrelled at the bay...Look for me on the Golf channel, I'm the one shredding Honolua when they pan across the 18th fairway.....Oh, and if I were to get enough time to myself to actually go watch the SBS, I will either use that time to play golf myself, or surf the Bay.......or work on my putting
    I saw a dude in one of the bumper shots going to commercial, he was doing 360s on the tops of the waves right where they were breaking over...

was it you? If you say yes, nobody will know the diff.... :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Guilty of a typo. ("S" is close to "W" and I was typing posting fast, without proofreading.) However, the benefit of frequently speaking tongue in cheek is that when you make a dumb blunder, people question that it might be a pun, have a double meaning, or be simply funny beyond their level of comprehension.....

My plan to adminster the horsewhipping is elegant in its simplicity.

Step 1. Contact Mr. Ogilvy and invite him to join GR.
    Step 2. Gain his confidence by offering him helpful suggestions on swing techniques and club selection
    Step 3. Invite him to a private golf game at the location of my choosing. I'd probably have to pick a week he wasn't committed to a tour event, though
    Step 4. Tee off first, then when he is admiring my shot, I invite him to try to beat mine for distance and accuracy.
    Step 5. When "G.O." (as he is known by his best buddies like me) addresses the ball and goes into his backswing, I begin the horsewhipping.
    Go get 'em, DM . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    I saw a dude in one of the bumper shots going to commercial, he was doing 360s on the tops of the waves right where they were breaking over...

was it you? If you say yes, nobody will know the diff.... :-)
    Yes it was me

Thread Information