|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official noshuz vs. famousdavis thread....

That's right folks it's official. FD accepted my challenge to a match to test his ball striking prowess. We'll just see if he can back up what that non stop yammering about his ability to ball striking like no other.....Bring on the Ping Eyes b!tch!......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    That's right folks it's official. FD accepted my challenge to a match to test his ball striking prowess. We'll just see if he can back up what that non stop yammering about his ability to ball striking like no other.....Bring on the Ping Eyes b!tch!......
    i need a live feed! noshuz! to take down famous davis with strokes....
    DJ

i need a live feed! noshuz! to take down famous davis with strokes....

I've already made calls to all the local stations. I'll be calling the GolfChannel later today.....
    team obnoxious

Ordinarily, considering my natural shyness, I'd stay out of a thread like this. But there you go....calling it an OFFICIAL thread.....I simply can't resist responding, even though I have absolutely nothing to say......(so what's new?!)
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Ordinarily, considering my natural shyness, I'd stay out of a thread like this. But there you go....calling it an OFFICIAL thread.....I simply can't resist responding, even though I have absolutely nothing to say......(so what's new?!)
    Aahhh Well spoken by a true veteran.
    I think we can all learn something by this people!
    .....What's new? ooh nothin much......
    team obnoxious

The Ping Eye 2's will be there and so will I. Time for you to go to school.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    The Ping Eye 2's will be there and so will I. Time for you to go to school.
    It's probably sounding like David vs Goliath here but we just don't know at what level you're full of shite. If your the golfer you say you are I guess I can do a Nancy Karagen to your chin with a nine iron. I hear these days that a nine iron can do some damage..........
    team obnoxious

It's probably sounding like David vs Goliath here but we just don't know at what level you're full of shite. If your the golfer you say you are I guess I can do a Nancy Karagen to your chin with a nine iron. I hear these days that a nine iron can do some damage..........
    I believe Nick Faldo's Porsche has a 9 iron imprint on it from one of his exes.
    In the bag;
    (Wedges could change to Titleist Spin Milled fairly soon)

Woods; Taylormade R9 460 TP driver and woods. (Motore F1 X-Stiff shafts)
    Blades; Mizuno Mp-68 irons(DG S300)
    Wedges; Mizuno MP T10 White Satin wedges
    Putter; Scotty Cameron Squareback No.1
    Ball; Taylormade Penta TP, Titleist Pro V1x(Ball selection differs depending on how I feel. Haha.)

When is this going down? This isn't a fictitious M3W vs. Alangbaker match is it?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I'll give you 5 strokes a side but that's all I'm willing to do. You could be full of it as well and be a major sand bagger. If you're scared we can just skip the golf and you can buy me lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    When is this going down? This isn't a fictitious M3W vs. Alangbaker match is it?
    Ooooh no! That got old quick. This is fer real my friend. It's kinda ironic that the guy I verbally rode so hard and put away wet his first week here happens to live in the same area. I figure even if his ball striking is as good as he says it is, I can do some ball striking of my own......
    Name:  crotch kik.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  2.3 KB
    team obnoxious

I'll give you 5 strokes a side but that's all I'm willing to do. You could be full of it as well and be a major sand bagger. If you're scared we can just skip the golf and you can buy me lunch.
    Oh sure! We'll just do lunch! .......Pattymelt maybe? NOT! Your arse is mine!
    If we play Mather and you give me 5 strokes a side I can get this done if I have a good round. My best there is 82 if memory serves me correctly....
    team obnoxious

Oh sure! We'll just do lunch! .......Pattymelt maybe? NOT! Your arse is mine!
    If we play Mather and you give me 5 strokes a side I can get this done if I have a good round. My best there is 82 if memory serves me correctly....
    Wait.... Do you two live in the same area or is one traveling to the other?

NVM! I saw Noshuz's post after mine.
    In the bag;

Ball; Taylormade Penta TP, Titleist Pro V1x(Ball selection differs depending on how I feel. Haha.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenudo_Segador
    Wait.... Do you two live in the same area or is one traveling to the other?
    No we both play golf at a lot of the same courses so it's an easy deal. I'll have to call him a cab and give the driver his address because he'll be curled up in the back seat in the fetal position, crying how IT'S NOT FAIR! I WANT A MULLIGAN!!!......This is gonna be good......
    team obnoxious

The most famous/infamous match in GR history was the now legendary "The Master vs. IrishGolfer" contest several years ago. IrishGolfer pulled out a narrow win, and "The Master" flaked out on his bet payment of a turkey to IG.

Actually, what could be very entertaining would be for two "GR personalities" controlled by the same person to schedule a match. There could be a big buildup, fans and detractors of both "contestants" could wax eloquent about the expected outcome, and a graphic and vivid description of the "event" could be provided to all of the spellbound readers. Of course, the match would never take place, but we could all vicariously enjoy the account of the combat.......and savor our accurate prognostications, or mourn our faulty predictions, as the case might be.

In fact, to add credibility to the reporting, 3rd or 4th characters from the same author could "witness" the event, and report their observations as well.

Perhaps such an event could be arranged on GR......

No we both play golf at a lot of the same courses so it's an easy deal. I'll have to call him a cab and give the driver his address because he'll be curled up in the back seat in the fetal position, crying how IT'S NOT FAIR! I WANT A MULLIGAN!!!......This is gonna be good......
    Where will this take place at? What course, state, and city?
    In the bag;

Quote Originally Posted by Cenudo_Segador
    Where will this take place at? What course, state, and city?
    Dude, it's not like we have a personal assistant setting this up. We'll let you know when the time comes. I don't think we're playing for 3 weeks because wuss boy hurt his little calf muscle. I can't believe I'm giving this guy 5 strokes a side. He just said he shot an 82 at a fairly tough course. Of course, ladies tees do make all the difference. I think we're playing for lunch so it's a small bet. Bragging rights are really all that matter anyway. He keeps talking about hitting me with clubs but what he doesn't realize is that I can kick and run better than anyone I know.

The most famous/infamous match in GR history was the now legendary "The Master vs. IrishGolfer" contest several years ago. IrishGolfer pulled out a narrow win, and "The Master" flaked out on his bet payment of a turkey to IG.

Actually, what could be very entertaining would be for two "GR personalities" controlled by the same person to schedule a match. There could be a big buildup, fans and detractors of both "contestants" could wax eloquent about the expected outcome, and a graphic and vivid description of the "event" could be provided to all of the spellbound readers. Of course, the match would never take place, but we could all vicariously enjoy the account of the combat.......and savor our accurate prognostications, or mourn our faulty predictions, as the case might be.

In fact, to add credibility to the reporting, 3rd or 4th characters from the same author could "witness" the event, and report their observations as well.

I've read the threads on this match. Lot's of hype. Another famous near match up was the Branson MO showdown between BJ and Big Pun which didn't quite happen. But this is a golf thread and I digress. Wasn't there also a match set up between Stroke Guru and someone, but Stroke Guru couldn't make it because of his juice business?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I've read the threads on this match. Lot's of hype. Another famous near match up was the Branson MO showdown between BJ and Big Pun which didn't quite happen. But this is a golf thread and I digress. Wasn't there also a match set up between Stroke Guru and someone, but Stroke Guru couldn't make it because of his juice business?
    It WILL happen. I just gotta heal. When this thing tore I heard it over the sound of the TV I was standing in front of. I've already torn my Achilles in my other leg so when happened I freaked out. I was thinking surgery and 6-8 weeks in a cast and then rehab blah blah blah....
    team obnoxious

There's been a few jokes about SG pulling out of matches because of his lucrative juice business but if my memory serves me correctly there was a real match up with Omen that the two of them arranged. Unfortunately Omen pranged his car on the way there and couldn't make it. It wasn't really a grudge match though. There was no smack talk or bragging in the lead up. They were just going to play a round together while Omen was in the same town.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    There's been a few jokes about SG pulling out of matches because of his lucrative juice business but if my memory serves me correctly there was a real match up with Omen that the two of them arranged. Unfortunately Omen pranged his car on the way there and couldn't make it. It wasn't really a grudge match though. There was no smack talk or bragging in the lead up. They were just going to play a round together while Omen was in the same town.
    Why do you think this is smack talk? I will thoroughly school and embarass this clown. This is simply a fact.

Why do you think this is smack talk? I will thoroughly school and embarass this clown. This is simply a fact.
    It's just unexpected in a gentleman's game like golf.

Now where the f#ck am I?

This whole thread smells of WWE wrestling event.... fictitious activity to get us thru the winter ;)

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    This whole thread smells of WWE wrestling event.... fictitious activity to get us thru the winter ;)
    You may betting this thread confused with the Matteo 'Meatball' Manassero thread.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Ooooh no! That got old quick. This is fer real my friend. It's kinda ironic that the guy I verbally rode so hard and put away wet his first week here happens to live in the same area. I figure even if his ball striking is as good as he says it is, I can do some ball striking of my own......
    Name:  crotch kik.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  2.3 KB
    Yeah who could of imagined you two live in the greater San Fransico area. Let see what is that area known for. I say this match will end in a draw, because competitie sports has been banned in California.

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

It WILL happen. I just gotta heal. When this thing tore I heard it over the sound of the TV I was standing in front of. I've already torn my Achilles in my other leg so when happened I freaked out. I was thinking surgery and 6-8 weeks in a cast and then rehab blah blah blah....
    The only sound I can hear at the moment is the sound of excuses. We don't wanna hear about how long you'll be out. We wanna hear that the match is really on.

Noshuz shi t man your dead on.

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

It's just unexpected in a gentleman's game like golf.
    Oh brother

You may betting this thread confused with the Matteo 'Meatball' Manassero thread.

Low blow. I'll bookmark this for your later enjoyment after Manassero the Man wins a few majors.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Low blow. I'll bookmark this for your later enjoyment after Manassero the Man wins a few majors.
    Not low. I use the name Meatball as a term of genuine endearment. Not meant ot be denigrating at all. If he does win some majors I will be part of the chorus yelling "Meatball, Meatball, Meatball!" til I'm hoarse.

The only sound I can hear at the moment is the sound of excuses. We don't wanna hear about how long you'll be out. We wanna hear that the match is really on.
    Call It what you like NAH but if you go back as far as 2 weeks and read my posts I've been trying to get this done well before this injury happened. I PM'd FD and was trying to drop not so subtle hints since then and he just recently realized what I was talking about.
    What it boils down to here is 2 GR buttheads getting together and playing a round of golf. Will I beat him if he's as good as he says? Probably not. Do I care? Not in the slightest. Will it be fun? Without a doubt......
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday

GHD
    How did they get that picture of me with my wife?

Which tees are you guys playing from? Is NoShuz allowed to cold-cock FD if he does air guitar with his driver? You should probably set up some ground rules...

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    Which tees are you guys playing from? Is NoShuz allowed to cold-cock FD if he does air guitar with his driver? You should probably set up some ground rules...
    What tees are we playing from? I haven't discussed this with my opponent but I had just assumed we were playing the back tees. None of the courses we had mentioned are too long from the back tees. If he complains about a calf muscle as well as the back tees I might have to bring a some chocolate milk and cookies for him before we tee off.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    We're either playing from the Ladies tees or the Little Linkers. And if he starts playing air guitar I'm going to be torn between joining him with my driver or sitting on the bench and playing air drums.....Hmmm what to do.....
    team obnoxious

What tees are we playing from? I haven't discussed this with my opponent but I had just assumed we were playing the back tees. None of the courses we had mentioned are too long from the back tees. If he complains about a calf muscle as well as the back tees I might have to bring a some chocolate milk and cookies for him before we tee off.
    I drink beer with my cookies thank you......And I really don't care what tees we play from.
    team obnoxious

So Noshuz, when is your achilles going to be healed? These things have a tendancy to lose momentum.
    All we know for sure is that FD is the best ballstriker he has even seen, and that you are a gimp shortknocker. This whole round seems like a huge mismatch.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

So Noshuz, when is your achilles going to be healed? These things have a tendancy to lose momentum.
    All we know for sure is that FD is the best ballstriker he has even seen, and that you are a gimp shortknocker. This whole round seems like a huge mismatch.
    HB,
    A quote from my earlier post.....
    What it boils down to here is 2 GR buttheads getting together and playing a round of golf. Will I beat him if he's as good as he says? Probably not. Do I care? Not in the slightest. Will it be fun? Without a doubt......

If he gives me 10 strokes at Mather and I play well, we'll be real close if he's a few stokes over.

As for my Achilles. Thank God it's not my Achilles, it's just a torn calf muscle. I tore the Achilles on my other leg about 13 years ago and it was hell. This is starting to feel better already. I can walk and push off with my toes a wee bit. I just stepped outside a few minutes ago and try to do a golf swing motion.....NOT YET!
    team obnoxious

HB,
    A quote from my earlier post.....
    If he gives me 10 strokes at Mather and I play well, we'll be real close if he's a few stokes over.

As for my Achilles. Thank God it's not my Achilles, it's just a torn calf muscle. I tore the Achilles on my other leg about 13 years ago and it was hell. This is starting to feel better already. I can walk and push off with my toes a wee bit. I just stepped outside a few minutes ago and try to do a golf swing motion.....NOT YET!
    This does not sound like a golfer mentally preparing himself for a golf match. No Shuz, you need to drop all this warm and fuzzy stuff and grow a pair. You need to go back and study the matchplay strategies thread throughly, and try to tap into BPC's psyche for your match.

If we get photo's of this match and we don't see you standing over FD looking down on him on the first tee, clean shaven and in a tight fitting shirt, and with a 3 wood in your hand, we'll know you just didn't take this challenge to your manhood seriously.

Now get out there and rip off this poser's head and sh!t down his neck.

This does not sound like a golfer mentally preparing himself for a golf match. No Shuz, you need to drop all this warm and fuzzy stuff and grow a pair. You need to go back and study the matchplay strategies thread throughly, and try to tap into BPC's psyche for your match.

If we get photo's of this match and we don't see you standing over FD looking down on him on the first tee, clean shaven and in a tight fitting shirt, and with a 3 wood in your hand, we'll know you just didn't take this challenge to your manhood seriously.

You are such a little, little man

You are such a little, little man
    That's not what I've been told by women. Quite the opposite.

That's not what I've been told by women. Quite the opposite.
    Me too. Usually they look down and say "is that the foot long?". My reply: "yes, and then some".

I simply can't resist responding, even though I have absolutely nothing to say.
    typical dead person's comment.. nothing to say...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday

GHD
    So is that Lord Littlebrook? Can't remember the midgets' names... Andre showed up outta shape, though, typical.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Me too. Usually they look down and say"
    "That looks like a penis, only smaller"
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    So is that Lord Littlebrook? Can't remember the midgets' names... Andre showed up outta shape, though, typical.
    For a giant he looks like he was in pretty good shape. You put on some short shorts and let's see how you look. The little dwarf guy is in good shape too.

"That looks like a penis, only smaller"
    I suppose you're real happy with your 3-inch killer?

For a giant he looks like he was in pretty good shape. You put on some short shorts and let's see how you look. The little dwarf guy is in good shape too.
    Yeah agreed, Andre looks in great shape in that picture compared to the guy on TV I remember.

Now where the f#ck am I?

That's the beauty of golf. If FD gives him 5 a side it will hopefully even it up. Do you guys both have handicaps? Are you playing matchplay or just best gross/net?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah agreed, Andre looks in great shape in that picture compared to the guy on TV I remember.
    I thought Andre looked in good shape too compared to what he was like in the 80s and 90s. It must have been an old photo.

On closer inspection of his outfit and boots, not to mention the mullet, I would say that it was definitely an old photo.

That's the beauty of golf. If FD gives him 5 a side it will hopefully even it up. Do you guys both have handicaps? Are you playing matchplay or just best gross/net?
    I took it as given that it was matchplay, as it is has long been indoctirnated into GR by laws that matchplay is the only form of golf that constitutes a golfing contest. And judging by their posting history on GR, yeah they both have handicaps, and I'm not talking golf.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 01-14-2010 at 04:16 PM.

it is has long been indoctirnated into GR by laws that matchplay is the only form of golf that constitutes a golfing contest.
    I thought that the true GR litmus was based on what Tiger does (or at least it used to be) and we all know that he is shite at matchplay. He's great at strokeplay and also the Majors are decided on strokeplay. Then again I don't suppose Noshuz & FD will be going at it over 72 holes. So if it's just 18 I suppose you are correct. Matchplay is the only way to settle this.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I thought that the true GR litmus was based on what Tiger does (or at least it used to be) and we all know that he is shite at matchplay. He's great at strokeplay and also the Majors are decided on strokeplay. Then again I don't suppose Noshuz & FD will be going at it over 72 holes. So if it's just 18 I suppose you are correct. Matchplay is the only way to settle this.
    And if we are gonna get really technical, to make this challenge completely official it should not only be matchplay, but it should also be played in Branson MO.

Well said. This isn't some kind of mamsy-pamsy friendly round of golf where someone wins and the other guy just laughs about it. This is GR and so this match is War. It's Bloodsport. It's about manhood. It's about humiliation, degradation and respect.

You know this to be true. Doubt that? Close your eyes and see if you can tap into what your nuts think. See?

So remember what this is about. (It's about blood.)
    GR lives...

Isn't this the era if Ray Stevens, Peter Maviea and the Great Pamparo? Big Time Wrestling. Aaah good times, good times.......
    team obnoxious

I took it as given that it was matchplay, as it is has long been indoctirnated into GR by laws that matchplay is the only form of golf that constitutes a golfing contest. And judging by their posting history on GR, yeah they both have handicaps, and I'm not talking golf.
    How do you give strokes in matchplay?
    team obnoxious

Well said. This isn't some kind of mamsy-pamsy friendly round of golf where someone wins and the other guy just laughs about it. This is GR and so this match is War. It's Bloodsport. It's about manhood. It's about humiliation, degradation and respect.

You know this to be true. Doubt that? Close your eyes and see if you can tap into what your nuts think. See?

So remember what this is about. (It's about blood.)
    You're right. I've already got my WWF mask and Gladiator helmet ready to go. The black shirt I have is so right it feels more like a sports bra than it does a shirt. Even though it's in the 45-50 degree range around here I'm not wearing anything more than the tight shirt and a kilt. Since we've never met I told FD I'll be wearing a red carnation and playing bagpipes on the first tee. He'll be sure to find me. I've also started modifying my gear for the occasion. My driver is rigged with a stiletto blade in the handle and I have an air horn mounted on my bag. I'll use it in case the sound of me slowly peeling back the velcro on my glove during his backswing doesn't work. My GPS device also rigged with a small laser light I can shine in his eyes should things start going bad for me.........
    team obnoxious

Seriously? If he's giving you 10 strokes, you would get a shot on the 5 toughest holes on each side. If you guys are playing off of your handicaps, there should be no other strokes given. You would calculate your course handicaps and then strokes would be given accordingly. If he is giving you 5 a side, I assume you guys are not using your handicaps. You really should calculate the strokes based on your handicaps, assuming you both have established indexes.

Me too. Usually they look down and say "is that the foot long?". My reply: "yes, and then some".
    Yo Davis, what color dot Ping Eye 2 do you play? The ones I am using now are red dot. I am about 5' 9' and these feel perfect.
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    Yo Davis, what color dot Ping Eye 2 do you play? The ones I am using now are red dot. I am about 5' 9' and these feel perfect.
    I just gotta ask. What does your question have to do with the quote from FD??
    team obnoxious

Only in America

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Only in America

Edgey
    And what do mean by that my brutha??
    team obnoxious

And what do mean by that my brutha??
    It means, my colonial friend that NO golfer in the UK who holds an official CONGU handicap would not know how to give shots in a matchplay game.

Do you hold a USGA handicap or is it a "LARRYRSF" job?

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

It means, my colonial friend that NO golfer in the UK who holds an official CONGU handicap would not know how to give shots in a matchplay game.

Do you hold a USGA handicap or is it a "LARRYRSF" job?

Edgey
    I used to. Now I just do an online handicap tracker. I don't know what Larree has. I honestly don't play enough "real" golf to justify joining a club. By real golf I mean 18 holes/par 72 courses. And also since I quit worrying about my handicap I have alot more fun.
    team obnoxious

I used to. Now I just do an online handicap tracker. I don't know what Larree has. I honestly don't play enough "real" golf to justify joining a club. By real golf I mean 18 holes/par 72 courses. And also since I quit worrying about my handicap I have alot more fun.
    You dont have a handicap.

So how many shots are you asking FD to give you? In fact does FD even have a handicap?

Edgey

Every course rates it's holes from 1 to 18 which in theory is a measure of how difficult the holes are from the No.1 stroke hole (the toughest) to the 18th stroke hole (the easiest). The holes are normally rated the even nos on the front nine and the odd nos on the back nine. If Famous Davis is giving you 5 a side then that is effectively 10 shots so in the front nine he would have to give you a shot on stroke holes 2,4,6,8 & 10 and in the back nine he would have to give you a shot on stroke holes 1,3,5,7 & 9.

This situation would normally arise if say FD was as good as he says he is and is on say a 5 handicap and you were on say 15 handicap. He would have to give you 10 shots.

Hope that is clear enough for an American to understand?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Every course rates it's holes from 1 to 18 which in theory is a measure of how difficult the holes are from the No.1 stroke hole (the toughest) to the 18th stroke hole (the easiest). The holes are normally rated the even nos on the front nine and the odd nos on the back nine. If Famous Davis is giving you 5 a side then that is effectively 10 shots so in the front nine he would have to give you a shot on stroke holes 2,4,6,8 & 10 and in the back nine he would have to give you a shot on stroke holes 1,3,5,7 & 9.

This situation would normally arise if say FD was as good as he says he is and is on say a 5 handicap and you were on say 15 handicap. He would have to give you 10 shots.

Ya Ya I git it ya kiwi smortass And I know each hole is rated. What I didn't know was if the strokes given were predetermined or not....Thanks
    But I think we'll be doing strokeplay anyway so it doesn't matter. I haven't really discussed it with my opponent.
    team obnoxious

You dont have a handicap.

So how many shots are you asking FD to give you? In fact does FD even have a handicap?

Edgey
    He's giving me 5 a side. I will let FD comment on his hc.
    team obnoxious

Ya Ya I git it ya kiwi smortass And I know each hole is rated. What I didn't know was if the strokes given were predetermined or not....Thanks
    But I think we'll be doing strokeplay anyway so it doesn't matter. I haven't really discussed it with my opponent.
    You can have more than one contest within a game. Matchplay is a great way to keep interested if you have a blow up hole and have no chance of winning on strokeplay. Say you shoot an 8 on a par 4. That pretty much screws your chances of winning in strokeplay but in matchplay you have only lost 1 hole. I normally play in stableford or net competitions but I usually have a matchplay side bet with my opponent/playing partner for a few bucks or for the beers afterwards. I can't tell you how many times this has kept me interested after I have screwed up my stableford/net score with a couple of blow up holes but stayed interested due to the matchplay and won the beer!

Now where the f#ck am I?

I think I understand, but it is kind of confusing. If I add the holes together on the front, I get 30. But if I add up the holes on the back, I get 25. How is that fair?
    GR lives...

I think I understand, but it is kind of confusing. If I add the holes together on the front, I get 30. But if I add up the holes on the back, I get 25. How is that fair?
    Life is not fair. The holes in the back nine are clearly more difficult.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You can have more than one contest within a game. Matchplay is a great way to keep interested if you have a blow up hole and have no chance of winning on strokeplay. Say you shoot an 8 on a par 4. That pretty much screws your chances of winning in strokeplay but in matchplay you have only lost 1 hole. I normally play in stableford or net competitions but I usually have a matchplay side bet with my opponent/playing partner for a few bucks or for the beers afterwards. I can't tell you how many times this has kept me interested after I have screwed up my stableford/net score with a couple of blow up holes but stayed interested due to the matchplay and won the beer!
    Great idea!
    team obnoxious

make sure you adjust after 9 holes. i think americans as a whole are shockingly not as intelligent as a lot of nations however golfers as a whole probably have a higher iq then the average american.
    DJ

Life is not fair. The holes in the back nine are clearly more difficult.

This is what Papa used to say all the time. Later, my father in law would say "Life is not a fair". Years later I realized he was just making fun of my accent.
    GR lives...

make sure you adjust after 9 holes. i think americans as a whole are shockingly not as intelligent as a lot of nations however golfers as a whole probably have a higher iq then the average american.

Donald, it seems as though you have a split infinitive there in your sentence about intelligence. And your comparison of Americans with nations is puzzling.

Where are you from?
    GR lives...

Donald, it seems as though you have a split infinitive there in your sentence about intelligence. And your comparison of Americans with nations is puzzling.

Where are you from?
    Loz

You arent a real Yank and as such are excluded from this.

Edgey

Loz

You arent a real Yank and as such are excluded from this.

Edgey

Dammit, I get that all the time.
    GR lives...

Where are you from?
    I am just bored and wanted to respond humerously to the below comment:
    Being from USA I have known a lot of dumb asses...
    DJ

Dammit, I get that all the time.
    recently paid $40 to purchase a GHIN, play to a 7
    DJ

recently paid $40 to purchase a GHIN, play to a 7
    Southern Cal just converted to GHIN, which makes it easier to post away scores. Wonder what LarryARS's handicap looks like converted to GHIN. Speaking of whom, I agree with you. There's no shortage of dumbasses here.
    GR lives...

Southern Cal just converted to GHIN, which makes it easier to post away scores. Wonder what LarryARS's handicap looks like converted to GHIN. Speaking of whom, I agree with you. There's no shortage of dumbasses here.
    I assume that will make it easy to post an out of state score. Until now, I couldn't do that. Those rounds would just go into thin air as far as counting toward an index.

I assume that will make it easy to post an out of state score. Until now, I couldn't do that. Those rounds would just go into thin air as far as counting toward an index.
    I think you could have submitted them to the SCGA. I'm not sure because I'd turn the cards into my club and they'd post them somehow. But it's academic now as SCGA has switched to GHIN so it will be as though the 50 states were actually one country.
    GR lives...

Exactly. Although, I gotta say, Noshuz had me fooled as a legit person until now. So he is either one and the same as his competitor, or, not informed enough to no better, or, a total idiot. The patterns have become predictable to a certain point. Am I the only one who thinks that FamousDavis is virtually identical to the Mr3Wiggles character when he first appeared? Anyways, I'll play along, I'm taking Noshuz for the upset by 2 srokes.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

and they should wager a Virginia ham.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

I play the black dots but I'm 5-9 as well. I like to think of myself as only 3 inches shy of 6 feet.

If you want to do stroke play that's fine with me but it gives the advantage to the better player. I think it would be more fun if we played match play. Just like everyone has said, I'd give you a total of 10 strokes, 5 a side. This means you'd get one stroke on the 10 toughest holes (according to the scorecard). I do have an index and if you shoot around 85 then we should be pretty even in the match with the strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Exactly. Although, I gotta say, Noshuz had me fooled as a legit person until now. So he is either one and the same as his competitor, or, not informed enough to no better, or, a total idiot. The patterns have become predictable to a certain point. Am I the only one who thinks that FamousDavis is virtually identical to the Mr3Wiggles character when he first appeared? Anyways, I'll play along, I'm taking Noshuz for the upset by 2 srokes.
    Listen Snapperhead, Famousdavis is the only name I've ever gone by in this forum. I used to just post excellent reviews in the review section and then Edgey advised me to try out the forum. Noschuz and I really are going to play golf once he heals.

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in Oz we have two indexes for the course. The stroke index, which is what you have described, but also a matchplay index, which doesn't necessarily correspond to the strokeplay index. It is very easy to find as it is on the card and is marked "matchplay index".

Now for Nozhuz. The way matchplay handicap works is like this. The lowest cap, in this case FD, get's to play off scratch. The highest cap, being you, get's to play off whatever the lowest cap deducted from the highest cap is. In this case you have agreed that you will recieve 5 shots a side. This mean you get to play off 10, and you use the matchplay index to deduce which holes you get shots on. I hope this makes things clear.

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in Oz we have two indexes for the course. The stroke index, which is what you have described, but also a matchplay index, which doesn't necessarily correspond to the strokeplay index. It is very easy to find as it is on the card and is marked "matchplay index".

Now for Nozhuz. The way matchplay handicap works is like this. The lowest cap, in this case FD, get's to play off scratch. The highest cap, being you, get's to play off whatever the lowest cap deducted from the highest cap is. In this case you have agreed that you will recieve 5 shots a side. This mean you get to play off 10, and you use the matchplay index to deduce which holes you get shots on. I hope this makes things clear.
    I understand. Thanks....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I'm only one man. An uninformed man.........And I hope I don't disappoint you on the 2 strokes....
    team obnoxious

Listen Snapperhead, Famousdavis is the only name I've ever gone by in this forum. I used to just post excellent reviews in the review section and then Edgey advised me to try out the forum. Noschuz and I really are going to play golf once he heals.
    Thanks Edgey...

I understand. Thanks....
    No prob. I get the impression that other countries don't play as much matchplay as we do in Oz. All of our interclub competitions are pure matchplay, and mostof our big amatuer titles are matchplay. We grow up learning that matchplay is the pinnacle of competitive golf. Matchplay is certainly an art form, and I am a much better matchplayer than stroke player. My whole game changes when I'm in matchplay. I try to constantly kepe the pressure on the other guy. There are many subtleties in it, bt from my experience the most important thing in matchplay is to choose the shot that will keep you in the hole and keep the pressure on the ohter guy. Don't give them any free holes, make them earn every win. The pressure of having to fight for every hole takes it's toll. The other thing in matchplay that is an absolute killer is getting up and down from a dead lie to halve the hole when your opponent is comfortably on the green. This frustrates and ultimately demoralises even the best of players.

P.S. Although this post is about matchplay strategies, it obviously doesn't belong in BPC's matchplay strategy thread.

No prob. I get the impression that other countries don't play as much matchplay as we do in Oz. All of our interclub competitions are pure matchplay, and mostof our big amatuer titles are matchplay. We grow up learning that matchplay is the pinnacle of competitive golf. Matchplay is certainly an art form, and I am a much better matchplayer than stroke player. My whole game changes when I'm in matchplay. I try to constantly kepe the pressure on the other guy. There are many subtleties in it, bt from my experience the most important thing in matchplay is to choose the shot that will keep you in the hole and keep the pressure on the ohter guy. Don't give them any free holes, make them earn every win. The pressure of having to fight for every hole takes it's toll. The other thing in matchplay that is an absolute killer is getting up and down from a dead lie to halve the hole when your opponent is comfortably on the green. This frustrates and ultimately demoralises even the best of players.

P.S. Although this post is about matchplay strategies, it obviously doesn't belong in BPC's matchplay strategy thread.
    Well that explains my uninformedness (a new werd) I've only played stroke play. I've been in my fair share of tournaments and they have all been some form of stroke play. I'm thinking FD and I should play both, or at least keep track of both. Speaking of which I went and played at 7:30 this morning at my my local par 27 pitch and putt. My worthy opponent is going to read this and probably say I'm silly for doing so since it was 45 degrees and about 200 yards visibility. I'm still walking a lil gimpy but my ball striking was pretty good. Finished a couple over par and cold but nothing that a shot, beer and hot tub couldn't cure.
    Famousdavis, I'm almost ready for you! As you probably already know we have pretty solid rain in our forecast for the next week so I'm thinking either Saturday 1/23 or 1/30 are our target dates. I want to pick a course that we've both played before. We can discuss that amongst ourselves if you like.
    Bring on the tight shirt and the bagpipes!!!!
    .......And you guys thought we were bluffing........HA! .......
    team obnoxious

Yeah we have the two index system here too.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Find myself agreeing with you a lot lately NAH. I love matchplay but it is certainly the domain of the confident player. I have played plenty of pennant in my time and am a big fan of the purist form of the game.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Well that explains my uninformedness (a new werd) I've only played stroke play. I've been in my fair share of tournaments and they have all been some form of stroke play. I'm thinking FD and I should play both, or at least keep track of both. Speaking of which I went and played at 7:30 this morning at my my local par 27 pitch and putt. My worthy opponent is going to read this and probably say I'm silly for doing so since it was 45 degrees and about 200 yards visibility. I'm still walking a lil gimpy but my ball striking was pretty good. Finished a couple over par and cold but nothing that a shot, beer and hot tub couldn't cure.
    Famousdavis, I'm almost ready for you! As you probably already know we have pretty solid rain in our forecast for the next week so I'm thinking either Saturday 1/23 or 1/30 are our target dates. I want to pick a course that we've both played before. We can discuss that amongst ourselves if you like.
    Bring on the tight shirt and the bagpipes!!!!
    .......And you guys thought we were bluffing........HA! .......
    Finished a couple over par??? I don't think you need to worry about anything if that's the case. Anyway, should be a good contest.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Find myself agreeing with you a lot lately NAH. I love matchplay but it is certainly the domain of the confident player. I have played plenty of pennant in my time and am a big fan of the purist form of the game.
    I think most Aussie golfers would relate to us. I've played in vardon events where there are dozens of scratch golfers on the practice greens and driving range pre round, and there is certainly a buzz playing in those, but it all pales int insignificance compared to club Pennants. There's just something about the team atmosphere and the matchplay format that get's the juices flowing. I assume it's the same for the pros, they seem to get more excited about Ryder Cup than they d for majors. I'm sure most of them would choose a major over winning a Ryder Cup, but I think they would be more excited on the first morning of a Ryder or President's Cup than they would the Thursday of a major.

Finished a couple over par??? I don't think you need to worry about anything if that's the case. Anyway, should be a good contest.
    FD, It's Bradshaw ranch. Longest hole is 200 yards. Not that big of deal. And I play there once a week so I know it like the back of my hand. Great little course though. Ever play there? I'm also right down the street from Champions. Too bad that place went downhill. It used to be the best practice facility in Sacramento with a challenging 9 hole course.
    .....And no, I'm not worried about a thing......
    Last edited by noshuz; 01-17-2010 at 05:51 AM.
    team obnoxious

FD Have you seen the forecast for the next 2 weeks? Crap man, We'll be lucky to get out for a little practice let alone 4-5 hours of real golf! This sucks! I've been told by the "entertainment committee" that we're booked the weekend of the 23rd so the soonest I'm free is the 30th. And for all you cocky lil naysayers who don't believe me.......
    http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/sac...chg=1&metric=0
    team obnoxious

FD Have you seen the forecast for the next 2 weeks? Crap man, We'll be lucky to get out for a little practice let alone 4-5 hours of real golf! This sucks! I've been told by the "entertainment committee" that we're booked the weekend of the 23rd so the soonest I'm free is the 30th. And for all you cocky lil naysayers who don't believe me.......
    http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/sac...chg=1&metric=0
    I could do this Friday but I think it's supposed to rain. We'll have to wait and see. I don't need to practice.

Thread Information