|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulation Guy
    We've all got to do our part to encourage one another, and there's no harm in rootin' for NS ... we all know neither one of you will show up (I'm sure you've both got your reasons, justifications, rationalizations, etc.)

I'm not sure where you're going with your response Famous, can you be a bit clearer? Maybe Edgey or Fred could give you a pointer ...
    Friday, March 5th @ 9am. Is that clear enough for you sunshine?....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

We've all got to do our part to encourage one another, and there's no harm in rootin' for NS ... we all know neither one of you will show up (I'm sure you've both got your reasons, justifications, rationalizations, etc.)

I'm not sure where you're going with your response Famous, can you be a bit clearer? Maybe Edgey or Fred could give you a pointer ...
    How dare you suggest that I wouldn't show up. The only reason I wouldn't show up is if it was cloudy or a bit chilly. I really need perfect weather for my perfect swing.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    How dare you suggest that I wouldn't show up. The only reason I wouldn't show up is if it was cloudy or a bit chilly. I really need perfect weather for my perfect swing.
    It's gonna be perfect weather brutha......This is gonna be a hoot!....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    It's gonna be perfect weather brutha......This is gonna be a hoot!....
    well, you two yhoots enjoy ... give us some kinda summary so that we can vicariously enjoy the experience whilst watchin the endless snow
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

well, you two yhoots enjoy ... give us some kinda summary so that we can vicariously enjoy the experience whilst watchin the endless snow
    Well CRAP! Now the f ucking forecast is for rain that day! I just checked it yesterday and it said clear, sunny and almost 70. I'm still making the tee time for then and well just play it by ear. I want to be a meteorologist and make educated guesses for a living......
    team obnoxious

Well CRAP! Now the f ucking forecast is for rain that day! I just checked it yesterday and it said clear, sunny and almost 70. I'm still making the tee time for then and well just play it by ear. I want to be a meteorologist and make educated guesses for a living......
    I'll play if it's a light rain but if it's rainy and windy it really makes no sense to play. I refuse to play in anything but Footjoy Classics so I don't want to ruin the fine leather.

I'll play if it's a light rain but if it's rainy and windy it really makes no sense to play. I refuse to play in anything but Footjoy Classics so I don't want to ruin the fine leather.
    And so it begins ...
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

I don't bother looking at weather forecasts more than 24 hours ahead of time. If I could turn back the clock I would have studied meteorology or economics. What other professions can you be wrong more than 50% of the time and still keep your job???

Ya I agree. Not mention the fact of spending more than $25 to play in crappy weather. Besides that I'll be wearing cargo shorts, a tank top and my Footjoy Sandals. I don't want to get my feet wet......
    team obnoxious

And so it begins ...
    Hey, we're talking fine grain leather here. Well, maybe I'll just put on an older pair and allow them to get a bit soggy. I won't be happy about it but I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the greater good of the forum.

Hey, we're talking fine grain leather here. Well, maybe I'll just put on an older pair and allow them to get a bit soggy. I won't be happy about it but I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the greater good of the forum.
    Well, if your willing to do that FD than I'll make the sacrifice and play barefoot....
    team obnoxious

Footjoy Classics are waterproof.

Besides, they quit making them...I am sure the Footjoy give you free apparel just for the privilege of you wearing them, right?

I think ya are "good to go"!

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    Footjoy Classics are waterproof.

Besides, they quit making them...I am sure the Footjoy give you free apparel just for the privilege of you wearing them, right?

I think ya are "good to go"!
    That's right and that's why I've got a room full of them at home. Now they send me the Icon series but I prefer the classics. I'm a classic kind of guy. Why don't you bring your 400 yard driving friend with you up to N Cal and we can make a foursome out of it. I'd love to see him drive the 1st hole at Ancil. What do you think NuShuz?

That's right and that's why I've got a room full of them at home. Now they send me the Icon series but I prefer the classics. I'm a classic kind of guy. Why don't you bring your 400 yard driving friend with you up to N Cal and we can make a foursome out of it. I'd love to see him drive the 1st hole at Ancil. What do you think NuShuz?
    It would take one hell of a long fade......
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    I don't bother looking at weather forecasts more than 24 hours ahead of time. If I could turn back the clock I would have studied meteorology or economics. What other professions can you be wrong more than 50% of the time and still keep your job???
    24 hours???

I don't bother checking the weather until 30 minutes beforehand - and then I just look out the window. If you believe/listen to the weatherman you'd never leave the house.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    What other professions? President of the United States for one.

Well we've managed to get this thread over 200 posts and counting .............amazing.........
    Last edited by noshuz; 02-26-2010 at 09:29 AM.
    team obnoxious

With fine leather you need to be careful about wax build up. You need to have the wax stripped off, and you want them creamed and buffed, with a fine chamois.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

GAME ON!
    Friday March 5th @ 9:04
    I requested perfect weather. He said he would do the best he can.....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    With fine leather you need to be careful about wax build up. You need to have the wax stripped off, and you want them creamed and buffed, with a fine chamois.
    But you want to make sure you get it done by a colored guy named Porter.

GAME ON!
    Friday March 5th @ 9:04
    I requested perfect weather. He said he would do the best he can.....
    Good job with the reservation. It should be fun to play with the person that gave me the biggest verbal lashing when I joined this forum. I'm hoping the weather is good.

Good job with the reservation. It should be fun to play with the person that gave me the biggest verbal lashing when I joined this forum. I'm hoping the weather is good.
    Ya I almost feel bad about that..... It will be a good day.
    team obnoxious

wait a min.... when did all this go official, and why did no one tell me??

well i guess it doesn't really matter that much, with yall on the west coast and me not going out that direction till sometime in late april, early may... it wouldn't really work out i guess...

but make sure yall document just how good FD is... cause when i am out that direction i def wanna play him...

We have another round of rain the next 2 days and Friday calling for a possibility rain but I think it's on anyway.
    team obnoxious

We have another round of rain the next 2 days and Friday calling for a possibility rain but I think it's on anyway.
    i kinda hope FD is as good as he says he is... cause that would actually be really funny, but i have my doubts...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i kinda hope FD is as good as he says he is... cause that would actually be really funny, but i have my doubts...
    There's nothing funny about golf excellence. I thought you were going to show up for the match. Are we just a twosome at this point?

Is he good? Yes. Is he excellent? We'll see. I've got my bag pipes ready to go. I've never seen anyone play very well with bag pipes being played behind him....
    team obnoxious

There's nothing funny about golf excellence. I thought you were going to show up for the match. Are we just a twosome at this point?
    man i'm on the east coast and i'm not supposed to head out that way for tournaments or anything till like april at the earliest... so maybe then, but i'm not gonna travel all that way for a round of golf sorry... i'll hook up with yall in april or may, if we can set it up... and if i'm headed out that way it also depends on whether i feel ready with my swing changes by then too, i mean i'm not gonna play mini tour stuff out that direction if i dont think i can even make the cut... but hopefully in april...

I was thinking of a way that we could post updates to this forum as the round progresses. If anyone is interested I could send them e-mail updates as the round progresses and then they could post the updates to this forum. I can provide photos as well by using my Blackberry. I think it has video as well. Of course, my playing partner would have to agree to this. I'll be filling his bagpipes with Wheatena!!

Is he good? Yes. Is he excellent? We'll see. I've got my bag pipes ready to go. I've never seen anyone play very well with bag pipes being played behind him....

Noshuz, I found another twosome to complete our group:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Brilliant!
    team obnoxious

I count three chicks. Which one are you gonna lose? The one sitting on the front is a definite keeper so it comes down to the blonde and the Asian chick, neither is especially hot.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I count three chicks. Which one are you gonna lose? The one sitting on the front is a definite keeper so it comes down to the blonde and the Asian chick, neither is especially hot.
    Who cares!? It's a skins match! GAME ON!
    team obnoxious

Definitely the blonde in the drivers seat. She has a banjo country look about her, and Asians get extra ****ty points just for being Asian. And as you said the one sitting up front is the pick of the bunch.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Actually it was a love doll named Shayla that doubled as a raft. By the time I finished 18 she was deflated and I was heartbroken. However, after utilizing some duct tape and an air compressor at the local gas station she was good as new.
    i thought u said sailor

I have to go to Kiwi country someday. As picky as you are, every woman in Kiwi country must be a 10+ . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I have to go to Kiwi country someday. As picky as you are, every woman in Kiwi country must be a 10+ . . . . . .
    Ewe must be kidding ...

Now where the f#ck am I?

Ewe must be kidding ...

Update. Due to the fact that we've had a week of rain I have convinced my playing partner to postpone the match to next friday. It's supposed to rain on and off today and tomorrow. It's not so much the rain but the fact that we'd be playing in mud and the ball would plug on every shot. Noshuz wanted to go ahead and play but I convinced him it would be better to wait for the puddles to go away. We are on for sure next Friday and the forecast is for sunny skies. If the weather changes next week we will play regardless. I know I'll get shite for this. That is all for now.

Update. Due to the fact that we've had a week of rain I have convinced my playing partner to postpone the match to next friday. It's supposed to rain on and off today and tomorrow. It's not so much the rain but the fact that we'd be playing in mud and the ball would plug on every shot. Noshuz wanted to go ahead and play but I convinced him it would be better to wait for the puddles to go away. We are on for sure next Friday and the forecast is for sunny skies. If the weather changes next week we will play regardless. I know I'll get shite for this. That is all for now.
    This is B.S.!

I don't think EITHER of you truly exist. You are both a figment of each others imagination.

This is B.S.!

I don't think EITHER of you truly exist. You are both a figment of each others imagination.
    Indacup I'm surprised that you would be the first jump on the BS bandwagon. I never doubted you for second about Pat. We've had a ton of rain these last 2 weeks with easily an inch or better yesterday alone. I really don't want to pay $31 dollars only to have to use a shovel to retrieve my plugged ball. It's just not worth it, and it's not that important especially when I have to use vacation hours to do this.....
    team obnoxious

This is B.S.!

That could be true but at least we don't have an imaginary friend who hits the ball a quarter mile.

Indacup I'm surprised that you would be the first jump on the BS bandwagon. I never doubted you for second about Pat. We've had a ton of rain these last 2 weeks with easily an inch or better yesterday alone. I really don't want to pay $31 dollars only to have to use a shovel to retrieve my plugged ball. It's just not worth it, and it's not that important especially when I have to use vacation hours to do this.....
    Isn't this the normal state of affairs when you play?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

It's been 2 months worth of buildup and yet another delay. I think SDB1 has a better chance of watching Pat crush 350 yarders from his wheelchair than you two playing a simple round of golf.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Isn't this the normal state of affairs when you play?
    Zing Poooow! Good one OP!! LOL!.....At least they're GFF!
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    It's been 2 months worth of buildup and yet another delay. I think SDB1 has a better chance of watching Pat crush 350 yarders from his wheelchair than you two playing a simple round of golf.
    Let's see how many months it takes for you to never play Zo......
    team obnoxious

This is actually the first real delay. The others were postponed. Believe me, we want to get out there and play. Why would anyone intentionally not play golf?

This is actually the first real delay. The others were postponed. Believe me, we want to get out there and play. Why would anyone intentionally not play golf?
    Exactly! Guys, It's not that important to us that we play this "Match" or whatever you guys want to call it. As I told FD this really isn't anything more than 2 GR bruthers getting together and playing a round of golf. Sure its all fun to build it up and talk alot of shite but is it a grudge match to the death?.....Sorry, no it's not. But I will bring my bagpipes and play loud in his backswing!......See you in a week you squirmy varmit!....
    And we will definitely take pictures and post them!
    team obnoxious

Well its back on. Next Friday morning. It's a different course than where we we're gong to play due to a tournament. 71.8/125 from the blues. My best score there is a 84. I'm playing rain or shine, with or without famousdavis although I'm sure he'll show. He's going to by me lunch when I win........
    team obnoxious

Well make sure you stop by the local drug store and purchase a box of Tampons and refill your prescrition of mourning after pills.
    GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Well make sure you stop by the local drug store and purchase a box of Tampons and refill your prescrition of mourning after pills.
    GHD

So... are you trying to imply that FD is gonna make noshuz his b!tch? Or vice-versa and it would just be a polite gesture on behalf of the inevitable winner (noshuz)?

No offense noshuz - but my money's on the best ballstriker in the universe.

I guess you'll have to settle for "making it interesting"

No doubt it will be a story worthy of a good Klingon opera.

Looking forward to reading the post-round lulz gentlemen.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

GHD
    Now now GHD. This may be normal to practice your man love but the rest of the world is not entirely ho.mosexual (i can't believe I have to mask the word h o m o). This is a match between men. I know the thought alone must be exciting to you but we're hetro men and we're playing for the honor of bragging rights and nothing more. Well, there might be a patty melt or 2 involved but nothing more. And no one will be anyones b!tch....
    btw. I love your sig. line. Is that from a movie?
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    So... are you trying to imply that FD is gonna make noshuz his b!tch? Or vice-versa and it would just be a polite gesture on behalf of the inevitable winner (noshuz)?

No offense noshuz - but my money's on the best ballstriker in the universe.

I guess you'll have to settle for "making it interesting"

No doubt it will be a story worthy of a good Klingon opera.

Looking forward to reading the post-round lulz gentlemen.

FON
    Well boyz place your bets by Friday mornin! I finally got out to hit balls yesterday. What a f.ucking mud pit. I ended up hitting off mats. I hate mats! but I ended up being very pleased with the result. I hit nothing but 17* hybrid and driver. If I'm hitting them that straight come Friday, my opponent will be in trouble....
    team obnoxious

cont' from other thread..............That's right! Bring it on! I've also got Top Flights D2's in my bag of trix....Another Cally product.....Actually, a patty melt sounds good right now.....
    team obnoxious

GHD
    I fart in your general direction

The forecast for Friday is partly sunny and 66 degrees......Ya baby....
    team obnoxious

I patiently await for the next postponement.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I patiently await for the next postponement.
    Oh I know a few of you blokes would love nothing better than to see us not play but we're going to. Just to piss you off........
    team obnoxious

My score will probably match the temperature.

Oh I know a few of you blokes would love nothing better than to see us not play but we're going to. Just to piss you off........
    Unless there's a light drizzle.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Unless there's a light drizzle.
    I have nothing to say to this.
    Last edited by famousdavis; 03-08-2010 at 12:11 PM.

My score will probably match the temperature.
    Brother. If you shoot 66 I'll buy you 2 Patty Melts!
    team obnoxious

Brother. If you shoot 66 I'll buy you 2 Patty Melts!
    Sounds good. Check your PM

So we have a foursome now. FD calls me yesterday wanting to know if he can bring 2 friends/acquaintances. I said fine but I know exactly what he's up to. I know without a doubt that one of them is his swing coach and the other one is either his agent or a thug that's going to take me out if I get too far ahead.
    You ain't foolin' nobody mister! Bring 'em on!....
    team obnoxious

So we have a foursome now. FD calls me yesterday wanting to know if he can bring 2 friends/acquaintances. I said fine but I know exactly what he's up to. I know without a doubt that one of them is his swing coach and the other one is either his agent or a thug that's going to take me out if I get too far ahead.
    You ain't foolin' nobody mister! Bring 'em on!....

Nah, they're just fans of mine. People call me all the time just to come see me play. Playing golf is secondary to them.

Nah, they're just fans of mine. People call me all the time just to come see me play. Playing golf is secondary to them.
    LIAR! I know what you're up to! Well, either way at least we'll have some one to take pics to document this historic event......
    team obnoxious

LIAR! I know what you're up to! Well, either way at least we'll have some one to take pics to document this historic event......
    First of all, the one guy I know shoots anywhere between 85 and 95 and the other guy is a friend of his that I barely know. I think he shoots around 90 as well. I thought it would be better than having people we don't know join the group. On the other hand, maybe we'd get paired with some 56 year old guy that can drive every 400 yard hole.

First of all, the one guy I know shoots anywhere between 85 and 95 and the other guy is a friend of his that I barely know. I think he shoots around 90 as well. I thought it would be better than having people we don't know join the group. On the other hand, maybe we'd get paired with some 56 year old guy that can drive every 400 yard hole.
    The best I've shot at Mather is 84. Can I have their strokes too???.........
    team obnoxious

With our match coming up in a few days, I was wondering what the best way to post pics would be? Any suggestions?
    team obnoxious

I might post a pre-game video of me discussing strategy, the golf course and why Sanford and Son is the greatest TV show ever. The best way to post pics is for me to take them on my blackberry, forward them to a GR member who will be close to a computer and he can post them on the thread. Real time is the way to go.

With our match coming up in a few days, I was wondering what the best way to post pics would be? Any suggestions?
    Are we going to take a photo of you buying me a patty melt?

I might post a pre-game video of me discussing strategy, the golf course and why Sanford and Son is the greatest TV show ever. The best way to post pics is for me to take them on my blackberry, forward them to a GR member who will be close to a computer and he can post them on the thread. Real time is the way to go.
    Oh this will be good. Sanford and Son? HA! LOL!!
    team obnoxious

So did yall find someone to email the uodates to... I can if not

So did yall find someone to email the uodates to... I can if not
    Pingman (great name by the way), if you want to send me a PM with your e-mail I'll save it on my blackberry and send you updates as the round progresses. I'm assuming you'll be close to a computer between 9am and 1pm on Friday? Thanks.

So does this mean we'll get to see pictures of dark clouds, with accompanying 'updates' of how bad the weather is, and how you have arranged a new time for the match?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    So does this mean we'll get to see pictures of dark clouds, with accompanying 'updates' of how bad the weather is, and how you have arranged a new time for the match?
    If we're lucky. If Pinger is doing the play by play, we're going to get a sleep-inducing dissection of every swing and how pp1 and pp4 are not optimal on the secondary plane.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

If we're lucky. If Pinger is doing the play by play, we're going to get a sleep-inducing dissection of every swing and how pp1 and pp4 are not optimal on the secondary plane.

Well, as you could have guessed the forecast has changed and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Regardless, we will play. I'll get out the rain gear and my umbrella and we will do this. It shouldn't be too bad because it's sunny today and the ground shouldn't be too mushy. I'll be sending updates to Pingman. We're teeing off at 9am Pacific time. I've sent out media alerts and public service announcements so check your local stations. I'm assuming Noshuz wants to play as well. That is all for now.

Well, as you could have guessed the forecast has changed and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Regardless, we will play. I'll get out the rain gear and my umbrella and we will do this. It shouldn't be too bad because it's sunny today and the ground shouldn't be too mushy. I'll be sending updates to Pingman. We're teeing off at 9am Pacific time. I've sent out media alerts and public service announcements so check your local stations. I'm assuming Noshuz wants to play as well. That is all for now.
    Hell Ya!........
    team obnoxious

Don't feel any pressure to have to go out and play in that big bad rain ladies. We'll understand if you pull out again. We wouldn't want you to catch a sniffle now, would we.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    If theres any rain delays, just let me know? I can fly out to SF plenty of flights leaving Ohara. I can video a unbiased version for all. Or if noshuz pulls a calf muscle, or twist an ankle, I can fill in. I just want 2 strokes a side, unless I,m allowed to delay a day more, and play the course once or twice I want no strokes. I found Hogans secret. My new driver is scary long. My putting has never been better.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Well, It looks like we can put this thread to rest although I think it should be permanently stickied at the top to forever bask in our glory of almost 300 posts and 3600+ views. It could be there as a bar mark every one else to shoot for although I don't think it will ever be beat. The Golf Channel has contact FD and myself for interviews and we'll also be on Opera next month. I don't know about you FD. I'm liking the glory and all but the f.ucking poperotsi is a real pain........
    Oh and yes we will play again......when it's nicer weather!
    team obnoxious

Thread Information