|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Ping Eye 2. There is no substitute.

When Karsten Solheim (you know, the guy with the strange looking goatee that you saw on the back of Golfworld when they had those big yellow ads) invinted the Ping Eye 2 irons something magical and lucky happened. He had just built the perfect iron. Never have I played an iron with such balance, feel and optimum trajectory. The ZZ lite shaft is a stiff shaft but has a soft feel to it. The trajectory for the short irons is high with tons of spin and the trajectory for the long irons is penetrating. I have tried out many irons over the years and none compare to the performance of these irons. They feel better than forged. It's a crisp feel that goes all the way from your hands to your nutsack.

As to why everyone on this forum doesn't play Ping Eye 2 irons, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    When Karsten Solheim (you know, the guy with the strange looking goatee that you saw on the back of Golfworld when they had those big yellow ads) invinted the Ping Eye 2 irons something magical and lucky happened. He had just built the perfect iron. Never have I played an iron with such balance, feel and optimum trajectory. The ZZ lite shaft is a stiff shaft but has a soft feel to it. The trajectory for the short irons is high with tons of spin and the trajectory for the long irons is penetrating. I have tried out many irons over the years and none compare to the performance of these irons. They feel better than forged. It's a crisp feel that goes all the way from your hands to your nutsack.

The real reason is we are just not good enough to play these irons. How can we even dream of the playing the same irons as the best ball strker that ever lived?
    We could only be seen as posturing pretenders.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

If you're playing Ping irons, you don't have a nutsack. But I guess you meant other people's nutsacks. I'm guessing your p.ussy gets its bell rung pretty good with the Pings.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    If you're playing Ping irons, you don't have a nutsack. But I guess you meant other people's nutsacks. I'm guessing your p.ussy gets its bell rung pretty good with the Pings.
    Quite on the contrary. In nationwide tests it's been determined that there is a direct correlation between large testicles and playing Ping Eye 2 irons. Of course, you wouldn't know this because you don't know how to play Ping Eye 2's and your second testicle hasn't dropped. Now, go back to your tinker toys while the men discuss real irons.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    The real reason is we are just not good enough to play these irons. How can we even dream of the playing the same irons as the best ball strker that ever lived?
    We could only be seen as posturing pretenders.
    You are wise beyond your years oldplayer. They say humility is the first step toward greatness. Trust me, it wasn't easy reaching the top.

Quite on the contrary. In nationwide tests it's been determined that there is a direct correlation between large testicles and playing Ping Eye 2 irons. Of course, you wouldn't know this because you don't know how to play Ping Eye 2's and your second testicle hasn't dropped. Now, go back to your tinker toys while the men discuss real irons.

Aw, relax. Just having some fun. Your chance to prove your manhood is coming right up.
    GR lives...

Although I have an in principle issue with any Ping irons, I have never actually hit the Eye 2s so I can't say you are wrong about this. I have taken a set of Zings out for a demo round once, and I was not impressed. But having said that, from my experience with the TPS 6.0s, I can see where you are comin from. I've used plenty of sets of irons over the years, but the TPS give me the best combination of performance and consistency I've ever had. My Zoids, and a set of Precept forged Tour Premiums, were more precise clubs and prodived the occassional perfect shot, but unfortunately they were closer to perfection than my swing is. Maybe the real reason you love the Pings so much is because you are alot further away from being a great ball striker than you think you are.

P.S. I think you have things arse about with the trajectory thing though. The perfect trajectory for short irons is low and penetrating (still with heaps of spin), and for long irons you want a higher trajectory.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 01-20-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Although I have an in principle issue with any Ping irons, I have never actually hit the Eye 2s so I can't say you are wrong about this. I have taken a set of Zings out for a demo round once, and I was not impressed. But having said that, from my experience with the TPS 6.0s, I can see where you are comin from. I've used plenty of sets of irons over the years, but the TPS give me the best combination of performance and consistency I've ever had. My Zoids, and a set of Precept forged Tour Premiums, were more precise clubs and prodived the occassional perfect shot, but unfortunately they were closer to perfection than my swing is. Maybe the real reason you love the Pings so much is because you are alot further away from being a great ball striker than you think you are.

P.S. I think you have things arse about with the trajectory thing though. The perfect trajectory for short irons is low and penetrating (still with heaps of spin), and for long irons you want a higher trajectory.
    But do they give you a crisp feel that goes all the way from your hands to your nutsack?

I thought only GFF could do that.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    But do they give you a crisp feel that goes all the way from your hands to your nutsack?

I thought only GFF could do that.
    Apparnelty only Eye 2's give the nutsack feeling. Personally I think FD was getting confused about the way his hands give his nutsack a pleasureable feeling.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Check your stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Apparnelty only Eye 2's give the nutsack feeling. Personally I think FD was getting confused about the way his hands give his nutsack a pleasureable feeling.
    Nothing wrong with that . . . . .

FD, I haven't played PING Eye 2s, but I've played the Ping Eye 3s and have hit the i10s. The Eye 3s sucked donkey dicks, but the i10's were alright for cast POS.

Ping can't touch the GFF of Mizuno, so why settle for second best?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    haha I have to agree. I went through on of those 3 day golf schools, and they were all playing with Pings. It was like the Ping mafia. There are way better choices out there!
    Play it where it lies!

Quote Originally Posted by DR2010
    haha I have to agree. I went through on of those 3 day golf schools, and they were all playing with Pings. It was like the Ping mafia. There are way better choices out there!
    You should have gone to the 5-day school. You might have learned something Mr. Dumbass.

You should have gone to the 5-day school. You might have learned something Mr. Dumbass.
    Judging from the name I would have to correct you FD. It's DR. Dumbass
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by DR2010
    Credit where credit is due. This is one of the most inventive spams I've seen on this site. At least you put some thought into it and tried to make it remotely relevant to the thread. And you shitcanned Pings for good measure. Congratulations Mr DR2010, you are definitely a cut above the average spammer.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Trust me, it wasn't easy reaching the top.[/QUOTE]
    I,m sure it wasnt playing with Ping eye 2s
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Nothing wrong with that . . . . .

FD, I haven't played PING Eye 2s, but I've played the Ping Eye 3s and have hit the i10s. The Eye 3s sucked donkey dicks, but the i10's were alright for cast POS.

Ping can't touch the GFF of Mizuno, so why settle for second best?
    Damn ... GFF of Mizuno can't touch Hand-Forged-Technique of Honma blade irons.

Hit a CL-606 Hiro Honma 6 and 2-iron, the best feeling irons I've ever hit ...
    Last edited by Mizuno>Ping; 01-23-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Thread Information