|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Average Distances....

Would you guys agree with the below info? It's looks almost dead on for me as to the middle yardages for men. Just curious....

The yardages listed in the chart below show a range for average amateurs, both male and female. As you'll see, the ranges are quite large, and represent short hitters, mid hitters and long hitters. (There are, of course, people who hit it longer, just as there are people who hit it shorter.)
    Club Men Women
    Driver 200-230-260 150-175-200
    3-wood 180-215-235 125-150-180
    5-wood 170-195-210 105-135-170
    2-iron 170-195-210 105-135-170
    3-iron 160-180-200 100-125-160
    4-iron 150-170-185 90-120-150
    5-iron 140-160-170 80-110-140
    6-iron 130-150-160 70-100-130
    7-iron 120-140-150 65-90-120
    8-iron 110-130-140 60-80-110
    9-iron 95-115-130 55-70-95
    PW 80-105-120 50-60-80
    SW 60-80-100 40-50-60
    There is a greater gap, percentage-wise, between the longer and shorter women than there is between the longer and shorter men because better women players tend to be significantly longer than weaker women players. Especially compared to men. A male player who shoots 110 might be just as long as a guy who shoots 80. That is extremely unlikely in female players, however.
    A final caveat: You can find charts such as this one on other sites around the Web. And if you do, one thing you'll notice is that the numbers rarely, if ever, match up. Because golf club distance depends more on the player than on the clubs.
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Would you guys agree with the below info? It's looks almost dead on for me as to the middle yardages for men. Just curious....

The yardages listed in the chart below show a range for average amateurs, both male and female. As you'll see, the ranges are quite large, and represent short hitters, mid hitters and long hitters. (There are, of course, people who hit it longer, just as there are people who hit it shorter.)
    Club Men Women
    PW 80-105-120 50-60-80
    SW 60-80-100 40-50-60
    There is a greater gap, percentage-wise, between the longer and shorter women than there is between the longer and shorter men because better women players tend to be significantly longer than weaker women players. Especially compared to men. A male player who shoots 110 might be just as long as a guy who shoots 80. That is extremely unlikely in female players, however.
    A final caveat: You can find charts such as this one on other sites around the Web. And if you do, one thing you'll notice is that the numbers rarely, if ever, match up. Because golf club distance depends more on the player than on the clubs.
    as a general rule... i would say that those distances for the men are fairly accurate... as to the women's chart i think that the numbers may be a bit generous for the average column but i really wouldn't argue with it too much...

really though, most courses that the average golfer plays (muni's or public courses) a 230 drive will be plenty enough, for most average golfers a 400yd par 4 is a nightmare, and you can forget about the 430yd ones, and the 450yd par 4's are unfair according to them... which is why most par 4's on a muni or such is 350 (aver is 350 short is 300 long is 400)... bottom line most golfers don't know how far they hit it anyway and play from tee's they have no business playing from....

for instance i play just the other day with a guy who was just out practicing, we got talking (as i was telling him about the special price i am running for lesson in the winter) and his excuse was that he hit it straight and far and didn't need lessons, so i asked him how far he hit it... he answered me just over 300... i then asked him to hit a few drivers, he did and promptly turned to me and said "there what do ya think about that now".... well this guy was hitting it maybe 230, and hitting a low pull slice... so i told him to hop in my cart and i took him out to #9 told him to hit a driver or two, well he does and hits his typical drive after one or two, then i grabbed my driver and hit mine 90yrds past his (like 310) i looked at him and told him and asked him how far he hit it again he said over 300... so i asked him how far i just hit it then he said i dunno maybe 400yds... i just laughed and showed him with both rangefinder and gps how far he was actually hitting it... but he didn't believe me, and he won't because that will hurt his ego and i guess he just can't take that this is a typical story, this is what causes slow play, higher scores, and stunts the growth of golf...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    as a general rule... i would say that those distances for the men are fairly accurate... as to the women's chart i think that the numbers may be a bit generous for the average column but i really wouldn't argue with it too much...

really though, most courses that the average golfer plays (muni's or public courses) a 230 drive will be plenty enough, for most average golfers a 400yd par 4 is a nightmare, and you can forget about the 430yd ones, and the 450yd par 4's are unfair according to them... which is why most par 4's on a muni or such is 350 (aver is 350 short is 300 long is 400)... bottom line most golfers don't know how far they hit it anyway and play from tee's they have no business playing from....

for instance i play just the other day with a guy who was just out practicing, we got talking (as i was telling him about the special price i am running for lesson in the winter) and his excuse was that he hit it straight and far and didn't need lessons, so i asked him how far he hit it... he answered me just over 300... i then asked him to hit a few drivers, he did and promptly turned to me and said "there what do ya think about that now".... well this guy was hitting it maybe 230, and hitting a low pull slice... so i told him to hop in my cart and i took him out to #9 told him to hit a driver or two, well he does and hits his typical drive after one or two, then i grabbed my driver and hit mine 90yrds past his (like 310) i looked at him and told him and asked him how far he hit it again he said over 300... so i asked him how far i just hit it then he said i dunno maybe 400yds... i just laughed and showed him with both rangefinder and gps how far he was actually hitting it... but he didn't believe me, and he won't because that will hurt his ego and i guess he just can't take that this is a typical story, this is what causes slow play, higher scores, and stunts the growth of golf...
    Ya the 425+ par 4's are just not very doable for me unless I can make the 1 putt for par. That's why I play the white or blue tees depending on where and who I'm playing with....
    I understand that alot of golfers think they're hitting it alot further than they really are but at some point they have to get a clue. I'm mean if your standing on the tee box of a 300 yard hole thinking you consistantly hit it 300 yards and come up 75 yards short, are they thinking the yardage given is wrong? Come on man! Check your egos at the door on the way in....
    team obnoxious

Most of my distances were intermediate between "long" and "medium," quite honestly. People tend to have very selective memories about distances, and like to remember the few exceptional shots rather than concentrate on average. I also agree that depending on how the green is defended, a mid-400 yard par 4 is difficult for me. I certainly don't have the length to fly it to the green and stop it quickly from 180-200 yards if the green is well protected with bunkers. In that scenario, it makes more sense to lay up and hope to stick a wedge close to the pin.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    My numbers are pretty close on the short irons, and way higher up to the 4 iron. Normal pw is 110-120, 7 iron is 160-170, 5 iron 185-195, 4 iron 200 210, 3 wood more normal 230-240, off a teebox or nice lie. Driver is looking much better this season. With range balls in below freezing temps, balls from inside facility, so luke warm, this 4dx was tapping the 296 flag in the snow, flying it. This is new to me, for my driving was more normal 240- 275 range, depending on the occasional straight drive or normal fade.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Actually, that list is way outdated, based out outdated equipment and lofts.

Who the hell uses a 2-iron anymore? let alone a 3-iron?

I am sure you will see the majority of people polled hitting similar wedge distances as shown above, only because the wedge lofts have remained close to similar now as they were years ago...but once you get to mid and long irons, the lots have changed dramatically.

Then you'll see guys saying I hit my longer irons and woods further than stated on this list...because the lofts are so much different.

Bottom line, the SW distances are all probably similar...but lets slip a G-wedge where the above PW is listed...thereby, bumping the club distance an iron higher, and things become a bit more realistic...till you get to the woods, where higher lofts are getting added distances.

Quote Originally Posted by indacup

I am sure you will see the majority of people polled hitting similar wedge distances as shown above, only because the wedge lofts have remained close to similar now as they were years ago...but once you get to mid and long irons, the lots have changed dramatically.

Then you'll see guys saying I hit my longer irons and woods further than stated on this list...because the lofts are so much different.

Bottom line, the SW distances are all probably similar...but lets slip a G-wedge where the above PW is listed...thereby, bumping the club distance an iron higher, and things become a bit more realistic...till you get to the woods, where higher lofts are getting added distances.
    Hmmm So something's going on with me to where I'm losing yards with my longer clubs. I'm good with the shorter clubs but as I get to the longer clubs I guess I'm losing efficiency somewhere. Maybe the flatter swing plane. It's very frustrating. to only hit my 17*Hybrid 190-195. It's really consistant as far as distance and flight but still weak as hell.....
    I'm starting to get my draw back as of late so that may help.
    team obnoxious

Makes sense this chart seems a little off. I could be an exception though, for most of my lessons were for the short game, and the instructor I used, preached hitting with less, or 80 percent as he would state, stressing accuarcy. On my long irons its more of a full swing.I use these distances with a players iron, a little more conseravtive loft. My 2 cents
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Hmmm So something's going on with me to where I'm losing yards with my longer clubs. I'm good with the shorter clubs but as I get to the longer clubs I guess I'm losing efficiency somewhere. Maybe the flatter swing plane. It's very frustrating. to only hit my 17*Hybrid 190-195. It's really consistant as far as distance and flight but still weak as hell.....
    No, I think you are fine...a 17* Hybrid would be similar to a 2-iron.....which puts you right in the thick of things.

You know noshuz, I use to try 3-4 hybrids rangeing from 16 deg to 22 deg and there was not alot of gap in distance,between them, just harder to hit the 16 or 19.

I'm pretty much down the right side of this chart minus a little. The course I play is so frigging windy that it's hard to tell sometimes...like I hit my 6 iron on the 200 yard par 3, but it is usually straight downwind like 20 mph...so, kind of hard to tell for me

i agree with the selective memory of people, just because you hit it that far once doesn't mean that you will hit it that far everytime... personally i seem to hit into groups a lot just because i underestimate my own distances, my dad is always telling me to wait because i honestly dont think that i'll hit it that far... but it either wait and get the group behind me mad, or hit and upset those in front of me, it seems like the better option to me, but maybe not...

also i will say i play with a lot of people that hit it exactly how far they predict, whether it's 330, or 210 they know theyre range... it does no good to pretend to hit it farther than you actually do you only end up hurting your score...

Once I was talking to the brother of a friend with whom I was going to play a round. He told me he was a 14 handicapper. I asked about his driving. He said he regularly hits 300 yards. I said, "wow, that's long...you must be a little wild, huh?". He said no, most drives are right down the middlw. I said, "wow, a 14 handicapper who hits most drives 300 yards down the middle...you must struggle with the irons, huh?". He said no, he pretty much hits the green any time he is inside 200 yards. I then suggested that he must struggle with putting. He said no, he makes it most of the time if he is inside 10 feet. I said, "let me get this straight, you hit most drives 300 yards down the middle, hit the green most of the time inside 200 yards and putt great, yet you are a 14?" He said he just misses a shot now and then.

When we actually played, sure enough he was long, but with NO control. He was infatuated with distance. On one hole, he was about 160 from the green. He was going to hit a 9 iron. Since we were partners, I suggested he take a little more club and focus on a smooth swing instead of a hard one. He said no, he wanted to hit the 9. He took a mighty rip at it and semi-skulled it about 185 yards OB into the woods behind the green. He burst into a big grin and excitedly asked me "how far do you think I hit that?". I said "it doesn't matter, you hit it in the woods". Still smiling and excited, he asked if I had ever seen anyone hit a 9 iron that far.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesll9
    Once I was talking to the brother of a friend with whom I was going to play a round. He told me he was a 14 handicapper. I asked about his driving. He said he regularly hits 300 yards. I said, "wow, that's long...you must be a little wild, huh?". He said no, most drives are right down the middlw. I said, "wow, a 14 handicapper who hits most drives 300 yards down the middle...you must struggle with the irons, huh?". He said no, he pretty much hits the green any time he is inside 200 yards. I then suggested that he must struggle with putting. He said no, he makes it most of the time if he is inside 10 feet. I said, "let me get this straight, you hit most drives 300 yards down the middle, hit the green most of the time inside 200 yards and putt great, yet you are a 14?" He said he just misses a shot now and then.

When we actually played, sure enough he was long, but with NO control. He was infatuated with distance. On one hole, he was about 160 from the green. He was going to hit a 9 iron. Since we were partners, I suggested he take a little more club and focus on a smooth swing instead of a hard one. He said no, he wanted to hit the 9. He took a mighty rip at it and semi-skulled it about 185 yards OB into the woods behind the green. He burst into a big grin and excitedly asked me "how far do you think I hit that?". I said "it doesn't matter, you hit it in the woods". Still smiling and excited, he asked if I had ever seen anyone hit a 9 iron that far.
    Good story...what a f ucking idiot that guy is. One of the dumbest things you can do is to tell someone you're about to play with how good you are. If you do and then you play terrible you look like a complete jacka$$. There is nothing to gain and everything to lose by talking about how good you are. Except on GR where you're expected to talk big, just ask famousdavis...

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    I'm pretty much down the right side of this chart minus a little. The course I play is so frigging windy that it's hard to tell sometimes...like I hit my 6 iron on the 200 yard par 3, but it is usually straight downwind like 20 mph...so, kind of hard to tell for me
    I feel for you, with the tradewinds blowing your balls all over the place. Some of the best golf I,ve enjoyed was on the island of Kauai. My next trip to the islands is going to be Maui. Any courses that are must play?
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 01-17-2010 at 05:50 PM.

I think the 'long' end of this scale is a bit out. I'm probably considered a long hitter, but by no means a gorilla, and I would be hitting every club in the bag those listed distances in metres, not yards. 260 yards for driver in particular is about medium long IMO. A good drive for me would average about 260 metres (240-280, depending on conditions), which is alot longer than 260 yards. With the irons also I would be hitting it the listed distances for long hitters, but in metres not yards. I honestly think that amatuers aren't as far behind the pros in distance as they used to be. New equipment means you don't have to have as much talent to hit driver as you used to need 10 or 20 years ago (I remember the old persimmon drivers, and hitting one of them 300 yards was a genuine achievement, and something 99.9% of golfers would only dream about. I could only get it around 250 yards with my best effort in those days). And the irons are all going further than they used to due to stronger lofts and increased shaft lengths.

P.S. I'm assuming with my comments that the list was for how far you can hit it with a good shot, not the average of all shots. If it's the average distance it's probably about on the mark.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 01-17-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    I feel for you, with the tradewinds blowing your balls all over the place. Some of the best golf I,ve enjoyed was on the island of Kauii. My next trip to the islands is going to be Maui. Any courses that are must play?
    Wailea gold and emerald are a couple of my favorites with the emerald course my favorite but they all have their certain charms The gold is where they use to have the Seniors skins match and some lpga matches. Now the have the skins at Kaanapali North course which is ok too but not as nice as Wailea. The Kapalua is over rated in my eyes for the price and windier that sh!t unless you play early. I had to play just for the par 3 over the bay/cove shot. Breathtaking.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kapalua Bay small.JPG 
Views:	386 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	2326
    team obnoxious

Wailea gold and emerald are a couple of my favorites with the emerald course my favorite but they all have their certain charms The gold is where they use to have the Seniors skins match and some lpga matches. Now the have the skins at Kaanapali North course which is ok too but not as nice as Wailea. The Kapalua is over rated in my eyes for the price and windier that sh!t unless you play early. I had to play just for the par 3 over the bay/cove shot. Breathtaking.....

It that you Noshuz?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    It that you Noshuz?
    Yep that would be me. Now before any one says anything about set up, attire, or any other lame arse dig. This was purely for the view from the tee. I had one with no one in it and I couldn't find it. Rather than hide behind my f.ucking keyboard I posted this becuase the view here is just too cool not to share. I couldn't even keep any level of concentration on this shot. The picture does this no justice as with most shots you try to capture. As for the shot, I had just put the club down to square the and nothing else. That should silence half of you. As for the Fashion Police, ya, yer dam right I wear shorts and and sandals, not to mention the shirt out. I was on vacation!
    Did I leave anything out? Oh ha, That was in 05', I'm prettier now, and with GFF.......
    team obnoxious

Yep that would be me. Now before any one says anything about set up, attire, or any other lame arse dig. This was purely for the view from the tee. I had one with no one in it and I couldn't find it. Rather than hide behind my f.ucking keyboard I posted this becuase the view here is just too cool not to share. I couldn't even keep any level of concentration on this shot. The picture does this no justice as with most shots you try to capture. As for the shot, I had just put the club down to square the and nothing else. That should silence half of you. As for the Fashion Police, ya, yer dam right I wear shorts and and sandals, not to mention the shirt out. I was on vacation!
    Did I leave anything out? Oh ha, That was in 05', I'm prettier now, and with GFF.......
    Holy crap No Shuz, you would probably be pulled at my club for dress rules in that getup and are dressregulations are almost non existent. I see now why you call yourslef No Shuz. Because it appears you don't own any .

P.S. You didn't really think you could post that pic on GR and not get flamed did you?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Holy crap No Shuz, you would probably be pulled at my club for dress rules in that getup and are dressregulations are almost non existent. I see now why you call yourslef No Shuz. Because it appears you don't own any .

P.S. You didn't really think you could post that pic on GR and not get flamed did you?
    LOL! Hurt me like ya luv me brutherz! HA!.......
    team obnoxious

Anyway, ain't it a cool shot?.....
    team obnoxious

Yep that would be me.
    It looks like your calf removal surgery went well.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Zazazazazazzzziiiiinnngggggg!!!!

Ya the 425+ par 4's are just not very doable for me unless I can make the 1 putt for par. That's why I play the white or blue tees depending on where and who I'm playing with....
    I understand that alot of golfers think they're hitting it alot further than they really are but at some point they have to get a clue. I'm mean if your standing on the tee box of a 300 yard hole thinking you consistantly hit it 300 yards and come up 75 yards short, are they thinking the yardage given is wrong? Come on man! Check your egos at the door on the way in....
    i think it's because a lot of people hit it 75yrds out and think "man i smoked that im right in front of the green"... 75yds does not look very far at all and most people will think that it's a lot less than it actually is...

Let's face things, people aren't good when it comes to being honest about golf distances. Everybody is going to err on the side of being longer if they aren't sure. As we know, distance is everything and nothing else matters, so of course people are going to be longer online than they are on course. Especially 90's shooters who bomb it 300 down the middle of the fairway but can't putt.

LOL! That's the side I ruptured my Achilles on. major atrife It's about 1/3 smaller than my left.......oh why am I explaining this........CARRY ON!.......
    team obnoxious

LOL! That's the side I ruptured my Achilles on. major atrife It's about 1/3 smaller than my left.......oh why am I explaining this........CARRY ON!.......
    You need to hit the gym and start doing dead liftrs to get that calf back to spec.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)

Club Men Women
    PW 80-105-120 50-60-80
    SW 60-80-100 40-50-60
    They're pretty accurate for me, too.

I hit my irons from a little farther than they have listed as the upper range for men in the short to mid irons and I come back to their number in the long irons and woods.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

No, I think you are fine...a 17* Hybrid would be similar to a 2-iron.....which puts you right in the thick of things.
    195 yrds is my 3-iron distance for now

Looks eerily similar to the Makai oceans course. Stunning, not your cankles.

Noshuz,

Your legs look like golf clubs.

In reality, you only need 12 clubs in the bag; you can use those 2 'sticks with sandals' to kick the golf ball around the course, when appropriate. Now I count 14 clubs, total.

You can use your left 'sandal club' to kick your ball back into the fairyway (that counts as a stroke of course) and your right leg to power out of the bunkers towards the pin.

Keep in mind, you need to hop one legged into the bunker so your right leg, 'club' doesn't touch the sand (follow golf rules!)...

...maybe duct tape your sandals and toes together to avoid injury...

Either that or join the circus.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 01-17-2010 at 11:15 PM.

I still use a 2-iron. On your comment about the long irons, have they really changed that much in loft? I thought it was the shorter irons that have changed the MOST. For instance, my Ping Eye 2 PW is 50 degrees. I believe the average loft on a PW now is 46 degrees. However, I think the staggering between lofts gets less and less as you reach the long irons. Drivers are longer because of the shaft technology, titanium heads, more spring effect but not because of loft.

Anyway, ain't it a cool shot?.....
    The view to the right looks great. I'm not so enamored with all the freakin houses on the left hand side though.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

On TV the other day, there was a golf show on. And on it were people from Adidas Wear In The World they played at all parts of the globe.The part that stood out the most was when they were in bolivia being so far above sea level that this bloke who caps off 3 said that his 7 iron is good for 150 yards but being where he was his 7 actually travelled 200 yards.
    http://wearintheworld.adidasgolf.com/

Maybe that's why the Lama has a reputation for being a long hitter.

Nice chia-fro...Is that natural or do you have to perm it?

I can take one look at your setup and tell why you are having distance problems. Your balance is all off. Setup is critical...especially when you have stork legs. You have all your weight leaning forward...when you start your downswing I bet all your weight starts drifting towards the ball, and if you didn't slow your swing down and try to pull your arms in closer than you would hit the ball fat all day long. You need to try and use your arse as a counterweight to keep your spine from getting closer to the ball at impact. When you set up, think about getting set like a linebacker who is ready to pounce in any direction. If someone tapped you on the back you would fall forward...you need to be balanced enough to take a light shove from any direction. You will be hitting the ball so much farther when you allow your arms to just extend with the momentum of the club...instead of having to suck your arms in to find the ball because your weight brought your spine closer to the ball on the downswing.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Noshuz,

Your legs look like golf clubs.

In reality, you only need 12 clubs in the bag; you can use those 2 'sticks with sandals' to kick the golf ball around the course, when appropriate. Now I count 14 clubs, total.

You can use your left 'sandal club' to kick your ball back into the fairyway (that counts as a stroke of course) and your right leg to power out of the bunkers towards the pin.

Keep in mind, you need to hop one legged into the bunker so your right leg, 'club' doesn't touch the sand (follow golf rules!)... ...maybe duct tape your sandals and toes together to avoid injury...

Either that or join the circus.
    Spanky, Since you seemed to be so homosexually enamored with my calves I thought I should do something special for you. I didn't want anything too risque since I'm totally hetro and you knowing you could never have me would be just too frustrating for you. You'll probably want this as a desktop on your computer although it might cause some friction (pun intended) with your boyfriend when he keeps finding you staring aimlessly at your computer and the picture of my legs. Just tell him there's nothing to fear. You could never have me just like us hetro men can never have Angelina Jolie.......I hope this helps.....for awhile anyway......
    Name:  my calves.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  20.3 KB
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Nice chia-fro...Is that natural or do you have to perm it?

I can take one look at your setup and tell why you are having distance problems. Your balance is all off. Setup is critical...especially when you have stork legs. You have all your weight leaning forward...when you start your downswing I bet all your weight starts drifting towards the ball, and if you didn't slow your swing down and try to pull your arms in closer than you would hit the ball fat all day long. You need to try and use your arse as a counterweight to keep your spine from getting closer to the ball at impact. When you set up, think about getting set like a linebacker who is ready to pounce in any direction. If someone tapped you on the back you would fall forward...you need to be balanced enough to take a light shove from any direction. You will be hitting the ball so much farther when you allow your arms to just extend with the momentum of the club...instead of having to suck your arms in to find the ball because your weight brought your spine closer to the ball on the downswing.
    Try reading the post after that Einstein...
    team obnoxious

Try reading the post after that Einstein...
    I saw your excuse post, but I'm not buying it...Just take the advice and you will see what Im talking about.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    The view to the right looks great. I'm not so enamored with all the freakin houses on the left hand side though.
    Ya when you're standing there though, it's easy to block that out of your line of sight especially with the waves pounding to shore. Really hard to focus on golf with so much else going on.....
    team obnoxious

I saw your excuse post, but I'm not buying it...Just take the advice and you will see what Im talking about.
    I don't know why I bother with some of you pea brain know it all's.... Thanks for all the advice...I'm forever in your debt.....Maybe a good time to post your picture......Come on sissy.....Got somethin to hide?
    team obnoxious

I don't know why I bother with some of you pea brain know it all's.... Thanks for all the advice...I'm forever in your debt.....Maybe a good time to post your picture......Come on sissy.....Got somethin to hide?
    You're welcome...I'm just tryin to help a brotha out.

I'm not scared to post a picture, but I do prefer to remain anonymous...I find that being anonymous has its perks...Im kind of into trolling, bragging, flaming, ad hominem attacks, etc, etc.

You're welcome...I'm just tryin to help a brotha out.

I'm not scared to post a picture, but I do prefer to remain anonymous...I find that being anonymous has its perks...Im kind of into trolling, bragging, flaming, ad hominem attacks, etc, etc.
    I figured as much. True hiding behind the keyboard does have it's advantages.....Dang I was just trying to show you basterds a cool par 3! And look what I get?......I shouldn't have expected anything less.......
    At least Spank got a new desktop pic for hours of enjoyment...as uncomfortable as that makes me feel......
    team obnoxious

I figured as much. True hiding behind the keyboard does have it's advantages.....Dang I was just trying to show you basterds a cool par 3! And look what I get?......I shouldn't have expected anything less.......
    At least Spank got a new desktop pic for hours of enjoyment...as uncomfortable as that makes me feel......
    Shuz...If I remember correctly you are guitar nut. If you could only keep one of you electrics which one would it be? and what type of music do you mostly play?

I'm thinking about buying one.

Shuz...If I remember correctly you are guitar nut. If you could only keep one of you electrics which one would it be? and what type of music do you mostly play?

I'm thinking about buying one.
    That's funny you mention that cause I was just playing yesterday and asking myself that same question. I played my Les Paul for a half an hour and took a break. Decided to play the Strat thinking man, after playing the LP the Strat just aint gonna be that great. WRONG! It was really great. In trying to decide which one I like better is like comparing apples to oranges. They're both awesome in so many ways but play totally different. The LP is definitely easier to play. Shorter scale length, easier to bend and vibrato. The Strat, you really gotta dig the notes out and play more aggressively but sounds great when you do.......OK I couldn't do it. I need them both!
    I play most blues, rock, EC, ZZ Top, Jimmy Thackery, Cream, etc....
    Last edited by noshuz; 01-18-2010 at 08:24 AM.
    team obnoxious

So from your summation Shuz, the Strat is the equivalent of GFF blades, and the LP is the SGI POS shovel of the guitar world. Just trying to put it in terms GR members can understand.

So from your summation Shuz, the Strat is the equivalent of GFF blades, and the LP is the SGI POS shovel of the guitar world. Just trying to put it in terms GR members can understand.
    LOL! Oh good god no! They are both GFF. Lets just say different models of GFF....
    team obnoxious

Traditionally British bands played Gibsons, SG's and Les Pauls through Marshall stacks, while the Americans played Strats and if your into country Telecasters.

Ok ok there were exceptions.

Strats are clean, trebley and bitey while Gibsons are more mellow and punchy. Gibsons had those humbucker pick-ups.

When I used to play I had both too. Wish I'd kept them. I do have a handmade Maton JB6. serial #250. Pretty rare I think.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Traditionally British bands played Gibsons, SG's and Les Pauls through Marshall stacks, while the Americans played Strats and if your into country Telecasters.

Ok ok there were exceptions.

Strats are clean, trebley and bitey while Gibsons are more mellow and punchy. Gibsons had those humbucker pick-ups.

When I used to play I had both too. Wish I'd kept them. I do have a handmade Maton JB6. serial #250. Pretty rare I think.
    I've never heard of Maton. Acoustic? Jumbo Body? They're all like lil people. Different personalities, different tone, different feel. If I had to keep 3. It would be my LP, Strat and my Collings Acoustic. I could let go of the Tele and the rest of em....
    team obnoxious

OP Is this it? They only made 315 of em! Keep it! Here's the link if you're intrested.
    http://www.maton.com.au/index.php?op...%20%20%2883%29

Name:	JBX6.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	2331
    team obnoxious

OP Is this it? They only made 315 of em! Keep it! Here's the link if you're intrested.
    http://www.maton.com.au/index.php?op...%20%20%2883%29

Name:	JBX6.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	2331
    Yeah that's it. I knew they didn't make many. I bought it straight from the factory/workshop when they were a very small operation in Canterbury, Melbourne Victoria. At the time I lived just down the road and that was probably the only reason I came across it. I'm not surpised there were not many made. The head builder there made all of them himself I think. He was a great guy and I was able to deal with him personally.
    Unfortunately I don't play much anymore, sorta got out of the habit. I do have a few other guitars. An original Takamine Martin copy that was not taken seriously back in the day. Got it cheap as chips and 30 years later is is a beautiful instrument, and now held in high regard I think.

Yeah that's it. I knew they didn't make many. I bought it straight from the factory/workshop when they were a very small operation in Canterbury, Melbourne Victoria. At the time I lived just down the road and that was probably the only reason I came across it. I'm not surpised there were not many made. The head builder there made all of them himself I think. He was a great guy and I was able to deal with him personally.
    Unfortunately I don't play much anymore, sorta got out of the habit. I do have a few other guitars. An original Takamine Martin copy that was not taken seriously back in the day. Got it cheap as chips and 30 years later is is a beautiful instrument, and now held in high regard I think.
    Absolutely! Man I'd like to hear that! Mahogany? Rosewood? After 30 years I bet that baby sounds sweet. I don't play enough either. I'm surrounded by musical instruments in my office at home and there they hang on the wall. I'll play more that winter has way set in. I just wish I had the gang to jam with like we use to. Good Times, Gooood Times......
    team obnoxious

Absolutely! Man I'd like to hear that! Mahogany? Rosewood? After 30 years I bet that baby sounds sweet. I don't play enough either. I'm surrounded by musical instruments in my office at home and there they hang on the wall. I'll play more that winter has way set in. I just wish I had the gang to jam with like we use to. Good Times, Gooood Times......
    Rosewood I think. It's sounds sweet allright, mellow and full.
    Yeah good times. I miss the mates and the jams, but I don't miss the lifestyle. Late, late nights in a smoke filled hazy room.........

Rosewood I think. It's sounds sweet allright, mellow and full.
    Yeah good times. I miss the mates and the jams, but I don't miss the lifestyle. Late, late nights in a smoke filled hazy room.........
    True. Oh the smoke......Yuuuuuck!
    What kinda stuff you guys play? When I'm acoustic. I'm bluz for the most part. Keb Mo, EC, or just something E or A....or a lil folky with some Neil Young or CSNY with double drop D tuning. That sounds bad ass with a nice acoustic......Oh Sh!t OP! Ya got me goin now! I'm gonna have to go home today and play some Stormy Monday....Very much fitting for today. It's rainin like hell.
    Last edited by noshuz; 01-18-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    team obnoxious

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the "Guitar Player's" section of the forum?......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to the "Guitar Player's" section of the forum?......
    Sorry! We've jacked my thread! I hope Spank will read back far enough to get his desktop pic. He'll be so happy......
    team obnoxious

True. Oh the smoke......Yuuuuuck!
    What kinda stuff you guys play? When I'm acoustic. I'm bluz for the most part. Keb Mo, EC, or just something E or A....or a lil folky with some Neil Young or CSNY with double drop D tuning. That sounds bad ass with a nice acoustic......Oh Sh!t OP! Ya got me goin now! I'm gonna have to go home today and play some Stormy Monday....Very much fitting for today. It's rainin like hell.
    Folk with a bit of blues thrown in. I love Neil Young and James Taylor and at one time reckon I played their whole repertoire.
    Am more into blues now, love the old originals like Hound dog Taylor etc. Loved Rory Gallager. Stevie Ray was also great. My favorite guitarist is David Gilmore of Pink Floyd you might be surprised to hear. I was hard at it in the era of Dark Side of the Moon and bands like Deep Purple with albums like Machine Head. Idolised Hendricks when I was young, it was watching and listening to him that inspired me to seriously learn to play.

BTW don't worry about Dorkman, he's just a stickler for the rules.

Folk with a bit of blues thrown in. I love Neil Young and James Taylor and at one time reckon I played their whole repertoire.
    Am more into blues now, love the old originals like Hound dog Taylor etc. Loved Rory Gallager. Stevie Ray was also great. My favorite guitarist is David Gilmore of Pink Floyd you might be surprised to hear. I was hard at it in the era of Dark Side of the Moon and bands like Deep Purple with albums like Machine Head. Idolised Hendricks when I was young, it was watching and listening to him that inspired me to seriously learn to play.

BTW don't worry about Dorkman, he's just a stickler for the rules.
    I watch footage of Stevie Ray and I get tired! That guys an animal. David Gilmore and Pink Floyd, Awesome. What alot of people don't pick up on is they're psychedelic blues. You take the song Money. It's basically a blues progression.....So cool. Awesome in concert as well....
    team obnoxious

I watch footage of Stevie Ray and I get tired! That guys an animal. David Gilmore and Pink Floyd, Awesome. What alot of people don't pick up on is they're psychedelic blues. You take the song Money. It's basically a blues progression.....So cool. Awesome in concert as well....
    Pink Floyds concert Pulse is about as good as it gets. The solo in Comfortably Numb is totally awesome and never fails to give me goosebumps, even over and over.

Man, I totally thought that was a picture of you in your avatar! Well, I can see now the downside of posting a picture of yourself on here...the one pic I posted of myself on here was of me doing a big slash cutback at the Bay and then getting barrelled beyond belief, so nobody can say shite to that!

Man, I totally thought that was a picture of you in your avatar! Well, I can see now the downside of posting a picture of yourself on here...the one pic I posted of myself on here was of me doing a big slash cutback at the Bay and then getting barrelled beyond belief, so nobody can say shite to that!
    One more thing....it is a total GR Biatchmove to mention when you reach a certain number of posts, so don't do it!

Pink Floyds concert Pulse is about as good as it gets. The solo in Comfortably Numb is totally awesome and never fails to give me goosebumps, even over and over.
    Depends on what type of guitar work ya like....I appreciate all forms....loved Floyd when I saw their "Wish you were here" tour......Gilmore was so good...but I also saw Stevie...as well as a few session guitarists who could have gone to greatness if they had vocal cords....like Sandy Alomar or Mick Ronson.

If you were to ask me who I feel is the best guitarist I've seen live?

Well BB King,is emotion.....you may think he's "ok"...like I did...but ys see him in person and you cry like a child.....he rules the audience...

However, I've seen them all...and I seriously think the best single...all around guitarist....I mean maybe not the best guitarist, but the best all around package (because this person plays mulitple instruments, writes the songs...etc... is.....

A female.

Guess who!

One more thing....it is a total GR Biatchmove to mention when you reach a certain number of posts, so don't do it!
    LOL! Where the F.uck did that come from?? That been eatin attcha awhile?? It's a bigger b!tchmove to try to flame 1 week later!! LOL! You do that to your wife alot too I bet......
    Last edited by noshuz; 01-18-2010 at 07:30 PM.
    team obnoxious

Depends on what type of guitar work ya like....I appreciate all forms....loved Floyd when I saw their "Wish you were here" tour......Gilmore was so good...but I also saw Stevie...as well as a few session guitarists who could have gone to greatness if they had vocal cords....like Sandy Alomar or Mick Ronson.

Well BB King,is emotion.....you may think he's "ok"...like I did...but ys see him in person and you cry like a child.....he rules the audience...

However, I've seen them all...and I seriously think the best single...all around guitarist....I mean maybe not the best guitarist, but the best all around package (because this person plays mulitple instruments, writes the songs...etc... is.....

A female.

Guess who!
    Vanessa Mae ?

A female.

Guess who!
    Crap. I dunno???
    team obnoxious

Aahh come on man! That's like saying Spank looks like his avatar!....OK well, he might. But really I think that might be Dennis Hopper with a cigarette in his mouth.
    By the way mental. You look so much like Eddie VanHalen! I just can't get over it!!!!......
    team obnoxious

LOL! Oh good god no! They are both GFF. Lets just say different models of GFF....
    So the Strat is MP and the LP is MX then.

Speaking of guitar players, I have four favourites (besides Hendrix which is obvious). My favourite axe man is probably Paul Kossof from Free. That guy was only about twenty when started out in Free and was already a rock/blues genius. Anyone wo thinks Stevie Ray can play blues should have a listen to somne of the odl Free stuff like Mover, Broad Daylight and Woman. From the well known guitar legends I love Page. The other two who I love, but are often underrated because they are rhythm guitarists, are Keith Richards and the forgotten brother of AC/DC Malcolm Young. Angus get's all the Kudos for his leads, ut if you listen to the early stuff it was Malcolm's riffs that made their songs so great.

For those idiots who like the 80's metal guitarists like Malmstein and Van Halen, who just go hammer and tong and lose all the feeling, Keith Richards has the funniest quote "They don't know which notes to play so they just play all of them".

Buddy Guy in my oppinion is the greatest living guitarist.

Speaking of guitar players, I have four favourites (besides Hendrix which is obvious). My favourite axe man is probably Paul Kossof from Free. That guy was only about twenty when started out in Free and was already a rock/blues genius. Anyone wo thinks Stevie Ray can play blues should have a listen to somne of the odl Free stuff like Mover, Broad Daylight and Woman. From the well known guitar legends I love Page. The other two who I love, but are often underrated because they are rhythm guitarists, are Keith Richards and the forgotten brother of AC/DC Malcolm Young. Angus get's all the Kudos for his leads, ut if you listen to the early stuff it was Malcolm's riffs that made their songs so great.

For those idiots who like the 80's metal guitarists like Malmstein and Van Halen, who just go hammer and tong and lose all the feeling, Keith Richards has the funniest quote "They don't know which notes to play so they just play all of them".
    OK I'll go along with dat! Meaning the MX is still GFF, just easier to play. I like the Keith quote and agree although I think Eddie plays ALOT of notes but they do make sense. I'm listening to Hot For Teacher right now on the radio! HA! But guys like Steve Vai I just can't get behind. Thier solos have no sole. No meaning. They just play a sheotload of notes real fast.
    Now one Aussie I'm A huge fan of is Tommy Emanuel (acoustic). I've seen him in concert and the guy is in a class of his own. I bought his dvd and love to put it on for company. Especially my guitar playing friends. I have more fun watching them, watching the dvd as their jaw eventually drops in their lap....Funny!
    team obnoxious

Buddy Guy in my oppinion is the greatest living guitarist.
    I've seen him live. He can play alot of great stuff. He can get a really good Stevie Ray sound too when he wants. We can't leave Kenny Wayne Shepard out of the mix too.....
    team obnoxious

I've seen him live. He can play alot of great stuff. He can get a really good Stevie Ray sound too when he wants. We can't leave Kenny Wayne Shepard out of the mix too.....
    He seems to be able to play anybody verbatim, than he hits another gear playing Buddy. I read were he was Jimmy Hendrix inspiration, He supposedly was infactuated with Buddy, and his style, watching him over and over in concert, copying many of his signature moves.

LOL! Where the F.uck did that come from?? That been eatin attcha awhile?? It's a bigger b!tchmove to try to flame 1 week later!! LOL! You do that to your wife alot too I bet......
    No you got me all wrong man...that was my 400th post and I was self-depricating...

OK I'll go along with dat! Meaning the MX is still GFF, just easier to play. I like the Keith quote and agree although I think Eddie plays ALOT of notes but they do make sense. I'm listening to Hot For Teacher right now on the radio! HA! But guys like Steve Vai I just can't get behind. Thier solos have no sole. No meaning. They just play a sheotload of notes real fast.
    Now one Aussie I'm A huge fan of is Tommy Emanuel (acoustic). I've seen him in concert and the guy is in a class of his own. I bought his dvd and love to put it on for company. Especially my guitar playing friends. I have more fun watching them, watching the dvd as their jaw eventually drops in their lap....Funny!
    I totally get the no soul comment about the speed shredding, but I don't think Steve Vai (or Satriani) fall into that category at all.. I have a couple of Vai (and Satriani) CD's and there are some beautiful, melodic instrumentals in there. You are thinking more of guys like Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio, Tony Macalpine, and Paul Gilbert that play that ridiculously fast neo classical shite that sounds cool for about the first 5 seconds then it's like OK what now...Vai is f ucking awesome, he used to play for Frank Zappa, and Zappa ain't gonna have some shredder robot in his band that's for sure....Go youtube up some of the stuff from Vai's Zappa days and you'll definitely change your mind about that...Also if you haven't already heard this guy, go get some Al Dimeola...he's faster than f#ck and incredible soul and melody (and on a white strat)..

No you got me all wrong man...that was my 400th post and I was self-depricating...
    I didn't catch that mental. Congrats on the 400th.....400th?
    team obnoxious

I totally get the no soul comment about the speed shredding, but I don't think Steve Vai (or Satriani) fall into that category at all.. I have a couple of Vai (and Satriani) CD's and there are some beautiful, melodic instrumentals in there. You are thinking more of guys like Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio, Tony Macalpine, and Paul Gilbert that play that ridiculously fast neo classical shite that sounds cool for about the first 5 seconds then it's like OK what now...Vai is f ucking awesome, he used to play for Frank Zappa, and Zappa ain't gonna have some shredder robot in his band that's for sure....Go youtube up some of the stuff from Vai's Zappa days and you'll definitely change your mind about that...Also if you haven't already heard this guy, go get some Al Dimeola...he's faster than f#ck and incredible soul and melody (and on a white strat)..
    Ya yer right I have heard some really good Vai stuff. Satriani is off da hook. Here's a cd I break out every once in a while. Paco De Lucia / Al DiMeola / John Mclaughlin, Friday Night in San Francisco.
    Name:  63105.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  10.7 KB
    I listen to this and can't pick up a guitar for a week. These guys are sitting there with acoustics freeking tearing it up. Some of it sounds speed shredding but most of it is really good and got soul. They sometimes start trading licks and It's just crazy. I can't get my brain to think that fast let alone my fingers.....
    team obnoxious

I've just recently come to appreciate the tone that Angus gets. He plays a SG and probably runs it through Marshalls...
    team obnoxious

He seems to be able to play anybody verbatim, than he hits another gear playing Buddy. I read were he was Jimmy Hendrix inspiration, He supposedly was infactuated with Buddy, and his style, watching him over and over in concert, copying many of his signature moves.
    I saw buddy about 7 years ago. He was really good but I felt bad for him. He was wearing his pants up around his belly button, old man style. Kinda funny considering he was runnin all around rockin out.....
    team obnoxious

I've just recently come to appreciate the tone that Angus gets. He plays a SG and probably runs it through Marshalls...
    A proper Marshall (not solid state) will make ANY guitar sound good.... The first thing I would do if I had a spare buncha money is go straight to Bounty Music in Kahului and buy the Marshall JVM 410 Full Stack they have in their, I played it for about an hour and it made me realize what shite equipment I have had all my life....I literally got a total boner,

http://marshallamps.com/product_rang...ctCode=JVM410H

...and I was playing a $150 Squire Strat with a bolt on neck, didn't matter though sounded AMAZING

A proper Marshall (not solid state) will make ANY guitar sound good.... The first thing I would do if I had a spare buncha money is go straight to Bounty Music in Kahului and buy the Marshall JVM 410 Full Stack they have in their, I played it for about an hour and it made me realize what shite equipment I have had all my life....I literally got a total boner,

http://marshallamps.com/product_rang...ctCode=JVM410H

...and I was playing a $150 Squire Strat with a bolt on neck, didn't matter though sounded AMAZING
    These are the babies I play through. You don't need effects. Guitar, cord and an amp. I use to build amps with this guy. I built all the cabinets and faceplates in the pictures. This guy not only knows what he's doing when it comes to electronics or more so amps, he's an "A" player. If yer a guitar player, you'll know what I mean. The "off the shelf" version is like a hotrodded Marshall JCM 800 50/100 watt amp. He built me a 15 watt tube/reverb head that rocks. you can either use it as a stand alone head or as a reverb unit run into another amp. Very cool. Sorry Guys! mental, OP and the others got me going on this!....Ahhh screw it. I started this thread. Shall I rename it??
    http://www.modernvintageusa.com/
    Here's the little, what we call the Reverborator....15 watts of testosterone.....

Name:	reverborator small.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	2333
    Last edited by noshuz; 01-20-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    team obnoxious

I forgot to mention one of the best guitarists I've ever seen live. About ten years ago the Blues Brothers band was tpuring here and I got to see them at a last minute concert in a small venue about half full. Steve Cropper was pretty good on guitar, but Matt Guitar Murphy absolutely ripped it up. A blues guitar legend IMO.

On the topic of Tommy Emanuel, I can't stand the dopey prick. He may be able to play some difficult stuff, but IMO the stuff he comes up with isn't great, and he stands there overplaying the cliched guitarist moves on stage, the ********. He looks like a farking tool. One of the ways I judge guitarists is not by what they can play, but what they can think up. That's why I give the great rhythm guitarists like Keith Richards and Malcolm Young more credit than they get from 'critics'. Sure everybody who has picked up a guitar can play their riffs, but not everyboy can invent them. Kossof was a geniius because he could do both rhythm and lead. His leads were awesome, and the riff from All Right Now is one of the best (and most plagiarised) riffs of all time.

I forgot to mention one of the best guitarists I've ever seen live. About ten years ago the Blues Brothers band was tpuring here and I got to see them at a last minute concert in a small venue about half full. Steve Cropper was pretty good on guitar, but Matt Guitar Murphy absolutely ripped it up. A blues guitar legend IMO.

On the topic of Tommy Emanuel, I can't stand the dopey prick. He may be able to play some difficult stuff, but IMO the stuff he comes up with isn't great, and he stands there overplaying the cliched guitarist moves on stage, the ********. He looks like a farking tool. One of the ways I judge guitarists is not by what they can play, but what they can think up. That's why I give the great rhythm guitarists like Keith Richards and Malcolm Young more credit than they get from 'critics'. Sure everybody who has picked up a guitar can play their riffs, but not everyboy can invent them. Kossof was a geniius because he could do both rhythm and lead. His leads were awesome, and the riff from All Right Now is one of the best (and most plagiarised) riffs of all time.
    Man! I can't believe you feel that way about Tommy. I've never heard anybody say that?? Hmmm Oh well, to each his own. Honestly though I've never seen ANYBODY be at such "oneness" with an acoustic guitar and I've seen some good ones. Ever heard of Michael Hedges? He's another good one. Played in nothing but open tunings.
    This has been a good thread!......
    team obnoxious

What are your favorite guitar instrumentals?
    My top three are probably:
    1-"Cause we've ended as lovers" - Jeff Beck
    2-"Soothsayer" - Buckethead
    3- "Black Napkins" - Frank Zappa

What are your favorite guitar instrumentals?
    My top three are probably:
    1-"Cause we've ended as lovers" - Jeff Beck
    2-"Soothsayer" - Buckethead
    3- "Black Napkins" - Frank Zappa
    First off TP, Let me congratulate you on 1000 posts. Secondly, I agree on one of your picks of Black Napkins. I saw Zappa a couple of times and it gave me goosebumps both. Jeff Beck has done some great stuff. Freeway Jam is great too. Sooo much great music out there......
    team obnoxious

I lead singer for Air Supply was just awesome.

First off TP, Let me congratulate you on 1000 posts. Secondly, I agree on one of your picks of Black Napkins. I saw Zappa a couple of times and it gave me goosebumps both. Jeff Beck has done some great stuff. Freeway Jam is great too. Sooo much great music out there......
    Tom Morello from RATM is my favourite guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdnxBA7qLjU
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Man! I can't believe you feel that way about Tommy. I've never heard anybody say that?? Hmmm Oh well, to each his own. Honestly though I've never seen ANYBODY be at such "oneness" with an acoustic guitar and I've seen some good ones. Ever heard of Michael Hedges? He's another good one. Played in nothing but open tunings.
    This has been a good thread!......
    I know Emmanuel must be a guitar virtuoso form all the kudos he gets, i just don't like the way he carrys on onstage or the stuff he plays. I'm not a big fan of accoustic guitar, with the exception of the guitar in Wish You Were Here and Over The hills and Far Away.

I know Emmanuel must be a guitar virtuoso form all the kudos he gets, i just don't like the way he carrys on onstage or the stuff he plays. I'm not a big fan of accoustic guitar, with the exception of the guitar in Wish You Were Here and Over The hills and Far Away.
    I have this song as my ringtone. Pink Floyd is legendary . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Those numbers are VERY close for me also.

Thread Information